Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > System/Hardware Customization
Page 1 of 1
System/Hardware Customization
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 22:58:11 16/05/2017 | Topic Creator
You can talk about -Topic Title- here, if you have an interest in it or want to see how it works. If not, let this topic die from the one-post KO. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I used to have a GameBoy Color until I found a tutorial by Elly Awesome on how to customize it. Then I ordered some replacement parts online including colored buttons, tiny screwdrivers, and a different housing shell. However, once I got them and attempted to mod the GameBoy, I broke it while trying to snap the screen out. What a shame, especially for an antique as the GameBoy Color T_T It was a Dandelion Yellow GameBoy which I wanted to mod with a blue half shell on the front with orange buttons. Might as well save my pieces for when I get another, if I can find one...

But just recently, I picked up another GameBoy Advance (I have two now) and thought I can try pulling off a housing mod again. But the trick in this case is to leave the front housing alone as it's connected to the screen, and I would dare not tamper with the screen. I have a Fuchsia and Silver GBA. What I did was combine one half of each of their housing shells to have a split-styled custom GBA. The front housing is silver, the back is fuchsia, and the battery cover is also silver. What I would like to do in the future is order some GBA replacement parts involving colored buttons and bumpers to spice the mod up! Here's a picture of what it looks like:

[User Posted Image]

Has anybody else picked up some hardware modifications similar to this? I would like to know! Would like to get more inspiration and motivation to make more cosmetic customization to my gaming peripherals and handhelds!
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me