Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > So, that Windows 10 Creators Update....
Page 1 of 1
So, that Windows 10 Creators Update....
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#1 Posted: 07:04:34 14/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Did you get it, yet? I did, and I think it's okay so far, to some degree. It really depends on whether you actually like to use Microsoft's recommended apps for your PC, because it kinda doesn't really have that many new benefits for the core audience (although, you can save a full window of Edge tabs in groups for later, so that's something). Maybe that's the thing with this update - it's for "Creators."

But then we have the whole somewhat tweaked Game Bar, as it now has a "Broadcast" button. No, it doesn't broadcast to Twitch (sorry if you were expecting that from the context), but it instead broadcasts to Beam, a somewhat more interactive (or interactive-friendly) streaming service. It's kind of a disappointment, sure, but at least the Game Bar's now more compatible with more straight-up Fullscreen games than before now, i.e. the ones that normally take a black-screen faze to show up. It's still not capable of showing up in every full screen application, but eh, considering pacapong's only meant for 1-5 rounds of 1-on-1 play, I can let it slide.

But then we have the Game Mode thing. I'm not going to fully explain it, but here's an article that gives one out of many other perspectives you should find for yourself, just to not be convinced by one professional bias: https://www.rockpapershotgun.c...me-mode-review/

Read to the end. The fact that it seems as though it caused a detriment in performance for this guy except for when he ran so much other intensive crap is a little something to make me worried. How does one's performance improve on a laptop that barely runs modern games (like mine) instead? What if there's barely anything else I run in the background that's also unnecessary on my laptop?

Thankfully, I've seen this article quote the mode "eliminated the long pauses and smoothed out the stuttering just enough to make the games playable, with an experience roughly comparable to running a graphically intense, cutting-edge game on the original Xbox One," but this is just one out of a few others, out of the whole review bunch.

Surely there could be other core features in this update that should please a traditional computer user, but I can't find it so much. What do you guys think?
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#2 Posted: 07:10:09 14/04/2017
i like to press the little rainbow ball and watch videos
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#3 Posted: 08:45:45 18/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Lunarz, be serious, please. Have you used the OS, at all?
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me