Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > why are meat based snacks exclusively marketed to assholes?
Page 1 of 1
why are meat based snacks exclusively marketed to assholes?
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1 Posted: 04:29:19 23/03/2017 | Topic Creator
i was watching samurai jack and a few slim jim commercials came on, but something confused me

in each commercial, the person eating said snack was being a total dick to somebody
and it's not just slim jim, i think youd be hard pressed to find a commercial for a meat based snack where people were being nice to each other

slim Jim has these dickish commercials, jack links has those ones about being mean to the sasquatch, and so on
so why is beef jerky and other meat based snack items specifically marketed to assholes?
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8179
#2 Posted: 09:22:29 23/03/2017
I don't think that was the main intention to attract assholes. Like I eat SlimJims and I ain't no asshole (I just have one). Honestly it just sounds like a weird marketing script that doesn't sound to good.

Like I just watched this commercial of SlimJim (the only recent one I could find) and it seems more like they're trying to get a catchphrase out? Like that Grandma was not dealing with that behavior she snapped back.

So I don't entirely know what is going one with beef jerky commercials other than they say "hey everyone's got beef" in the metaphorical sense taking it to the literal with their products.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 09:29:14 23/03/2017
that grandma was savage af
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 10:02:02 23/03/2017
I thought this was a SteveMacQ topic for a second.

Uh, what Trix said!
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#5 Posted: 11:39:13 23/03/2017
cuz ur a asshole
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 13:30:37 23/03/2017
dried meat snacks are for assholes and assholes only
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#7 Posted: 16:51:09 23/03/2017
Because people like to put meat in their asshole
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#8 Posted: 17:13:06 23/03/2017
Real answer: Marketing.

They are trying to market their beef towards men, usually in the 18-49 age range. They are trying to relay the message that by eating their mechanically separated snacks, you're a manly man. This snack is only for the macho, and by eating it you yourself become macho and can beat up bigfoot or transform into a monster truck fueled by testosterone.

Given that Slim Jim had ads in the 90s featuring the Macho Man, this isn't at all a new trend. And this isn't a comment on anyone who eats them. But it's their marketing strategy, in the same way Old Spice or GEICO's strategy is to make random funny ads that'll get people talking the next day.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 18:19:39 23/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Real answer: Marketing.

They are trying to market their beef towards men, usually in the 18-49 age range. They are trying to relay the message that by eating their mechanically separated snacks, you're a manly man. This snack is only for the macho, and by eating it you yourself become macho and can beat up bigfoot or transform into a monster truck fueled by testosterone.

Given that Slim Jim had ads in the 90s featuring the Macho Man, this isn't at all a new trend. And this isn't a comment on anyone who eats them. But it's their marketing strategy, in the same way Old Spice or GEICO's strategy is to make random funny ads that'll get people talking the next day.

thank you
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me