Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Celestials of Galanthus - A High Fantasy Roleplay {{OPEN}}
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Celestials of Galanthus - A High Fantasy Roleplay {{OPEN}}
Crystal Clover Blue Sparx Gems: 603
#51 Posted: 22:03:49 13/03/2017
Getting a nickname made Laeva almost laugh, though outwardly it barely earned a huff, but she seemed to approve. She patted his shoulder in a friendly manner when he saluted before relaxing against the table to listen to his story. It was a little odd to her that he'd somehow run into just one imp out in the country, but decided to pocket that question for later.
"An imp? You did a good job killing it, even if not on purpose. Better dead than alive, after all," Laeva tilted her head, watching his expression change involuntarily, "But, yes, that's not a good sign... 'Severe issue' really is a proper description if there's more of them. I'd be more than happy to come with you to sort that situation out."
A town in trouble, a mysterious threat, a chance for a small taste of heroics? She didn't need to hear any more to be signed up for this expedition. Besides, the poor kid looked stressed out just talking about it. He could barely shake Dolmirr's hand properly, let alone lift his own axe. It'd be practically criminal to leave him to handle it by himself.
---
boop the snoot
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8887
#52 Posted: 02:34:49 14/03/2017
Cazadora tensed upon hearing word of the imp the young adventurer had slain. Those little fiends were blights upon nature, and the fire elemental raised a good point. Wherever there was one, there had to be more, and their appearance could only be a harbinger of disaster. The news gave her quest a new direction: to purge these lands of evil.
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
Shadow-Cipher Yellow Sparx Gems: 1229
#53 Posted: 20:20:35 14/03/2017
An imp, huh? Nero found himself a little more interested now. He hadn't heard about such a thing in a long time, and it sounded ever so curious. He found himself stepping closer to the crowd, a crowd he would usually opt to keep a distance from. He felt his muscles tense a little as he drew closer to the group, but his willingness to be near, his curious interest to listen, it brought him a little peace of mind. His muscles were easing a little. He kept silent still, but was fully listening.
Ilselval took a step forward, "Imps, huh? Right time, wrong place, squashing the little fellow. Sounds interesting." Nero glanced her way before quickly turning his head aside, giving a disinterested, but quiet huff. "If the location of more needs to be found, my dogs could sniff it out." She had nothing to direct her hand to, as the dog whom was currently traveling at her side was not inside the Inn itself, but instead lying outside in the sunlight.
---
An eNeMeE approaches, dark as night, cold as space, and with a heart filled with evil. His displeasure for my joke at his expense is immeasurable.
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6011
#54 Posted: 21:44:52 16/03/2017
Amalie raised an eyebrow at the kid. So the people thought he was a hero. This village that he came from obviously didn't have high standard. However, the possibility of an actual exciting adventure still drew her in. "Well, I guess we'll just have to see what's going on, hero."

Everett made a noise of contemplation before he spoke, "So you're in a bit of a bind, huh?" He said as he leaned on his umbrella. He gave Barrik as small, reassuring smile. "Don't worry about it, dear, we'll find out what's going on. This is going to be fabulous!" He made his way through the crowd and signed his name on the list.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#55 Posted: 17:14:38 20/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Barrik chuckled lightly under his breath at Everett, and nodded to the elf, still doing his best to ignore Amalie's grating comments.
"Thank you! How many of you have signed up?" he asked, to no one in particular but rather to the group as a whole.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#56 Posted: 02:11:37 23/03/2017
Cazadora shot a hand up at Barrik's question- that seemed to be a common signalling gesture she'd observed. She could barely contain her enthusiasm.
---
#57 Posted: 16:38:10 24/03/2017
Laeva tilted her head and the fins at her hips fluttered as she thought. With the tall umbrella man now signing up, that made a good few people on this job. She patted Barrik's back almost hard enough to shove him forward as she started talking.
"More than enough to solve your village's problem," she replied, unable to recall the exact number but remembering it was almost absurdly large, "I'm certain we'll be able to handle it."
---
boop the snoot
#58 Posted: 20:51:34 27/03/2017 | Topic Creator
A bright smile was immediately delivered to the young Ondine who had answered the question, and Barrik rose to his feet, still ever so slightly winded.
"That's really grand!" he spoke before a toothy grin, "I plan for us all to leave on the morrow, we have to travel by foot and it takes roughly a few cycle's worth of hours to get there from here. Pack yer rations and your equipment!" Barrik gave a small hero-pose, looking into the distance, appearing to mimic a folk-hero statue sort of model. "This is how I'm gonna look for my statue! How about you?" he asked to no one in particular, but biased slightly towards Laeva and Cazadora as they had answered his question.
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:52:48 27/03/2017 by BigBoom
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5685
#59 Posted: 21:54:39 27/03/2017
//May I join? :0
#60 Posted: 22:55:49 27/03/2017
Statue Cazie mouthed quietly. They were often used to commemorate the acts of the brave heroes of the past- the perfect for everyone to remember her might, to remember who the alpha being was. Though she did remember a funny experience she had with one a few years prior. The wild elf girl had gotten into a fight with a ferocious-looking lion statue, and despite her best efforts, couldn't even get the creature to budge. It took her half an hour and several odd looks before she figured out the beast was made of marble. Embarrassing for sure, but she could look back on the ordeal and laugh. The image of her putting the statue in a chokehold never ceased to be amusing.
"My statue be fierce," Cazadora replied, imitating the stance of a mighty predator. "Strike fear into hearts of enemies."
---
#61 Posted: 23:49:35 10/04/2017
"Statue, hm?" Laeva smirked, as if judging the two people posing dramatically in front of her. Then she stepped up and posed with them, just for fun, "Sounds up my alley. But now you've promised it, so I'd better get one!"
The Ondine posed with them for a moment before stepping away, her fins fluttering with amusement before she returned to her semi-serious vibe. She put one hand to her chin in thought, starting to think aloud.
"We'd better stock up on supplies for the trip, especially since we're headed there on foot. We'll at least need some rations, bedrolls, rope, and the like. Might also be a good idea for a couple of us to dig for more information on imps like Barrik's description before we set out. I know my knowledge on the little demons is... limited. It'll be a good idea to know what we're looking for, what to expect when we find it, and how to remove the issue most effectively. Considering where we are, it'd be a crime if there isn't a library or other resource for information of the adventuring sort..."
As if realizing she was talking to herself, she paused with a surprised look on her face, before shutting her moth and rubbing the back of her neck with one hand, "... o-or whatever."
---
boop the snoot
#62 Posted: 20:13:50 11/04/2017
"No, you're right darling. We need items and information." Everett said, pulling out his hand mirror and grinning at himself for a moment before putting it away. He cleared his throat and motions towards his coin purse. "I'm going shopping. I need proper traveling gear, not just these clothes." He said.

"I didn't know as fabulous as you would have to lower their standards. Guess I was wrong~!" Amalie said to Everett with a toothy smile. To this Everett bristled slightly and frowned as he spoke.
"I am not lowering my standard, honey, I am just getting traveling gear. The type suitable for this expedition. And what about you, hmm? I suppose you just have everything don't you?" Amalie continued to smile at this and she gestured back toward her room.
"Yes, actually. I already have traveling gear since I have been traveling for a while now." She replied matter-of-factually.
---
#63 Posted: 01:38:47 12/04/2017
The talk of planning for the "expedition" made Cazie realize just how unprepared she was. She had jumped headfirst into the pool without testing the water first. Granted, the details of their adventure were left vague, but still. The only thing she knew about imps and demons was that bad things happen when they show up. All her life, she'd lived off the land believing nature would provide her what she'd need, but there was little room for improvisation here. Looking back at her own supplies, all she'd brought with her to the inn was a single canteen and her crossbow- not exactly much to go off of.
---
#64 Posted: 17:55:51 12/04/2017 | Topic Creator
The young lad's response to the whole statue talk was a stream of excited giggling. "I've got all me supplies with my trusty pal, Chevin!" Barrik began, grinning at his newfound friends. "I'll be waiting here. 'd like ya all back here for noon though! We may be able to set off today!" He said, in a rather boisterous manner. He reclined backwards into his stool and his eyes sparkled at the group. "Thank you! This is gonna be great, I promise."

If asked, Cailin will happily give each person a copy of a map of Argest, for a small sum of a couple silver.

--

Argest is a colossal city, with many districts to its suit. One could describe the shape of the city as almost pear-like; the poorer sinking to the bottom and the richer peaking to the north. The very centre area, the largest (and the area you happen to be in), is dubbed "Coin's Bane". The common man's area; holding housing, stores, taverns and the like.
Cailin's Guildhouse leads out onto a very busy road. Merchants of all kind, whether travelling or at a rickety old stall ran for generations, flood the cobblestone area. In the centre there is a large well, surrounding by traders; one can assume the very centre of the marketplace is a hotspot to sell. The Guildhouse is by far the largest building in this part of the district.

OOC: A map may follow soon, depending on how far you wish to go into Argest. I would recommend sticking to just the merchant's sector for now.
Additionally, your second character is accepted, Crystal and yes you may still join derpyhooves ^^
---
#65 Posted: 20:26:01 12/04/2017
Everett, after buying a map of the city, made his way to step out into Coin's Bane. Twirling his umbrella as he walked (but careful not to hit anyone) he made his way towards the shops. He would need a few things to go on such an expedition:
A bedroll, traveling clothes, comfortable boots, rations, one of those machetes he read about in the novels, and other various equipment. He was making a mental list of things. He went with a brood smile. He was thrilled for something so exciting.

Amalie, already having equipment, didn't need to go into town. However, that didn't stop her from going. She gave a small wave to the group as she left, saying something about blessings of Paha before she disappeared into the city. She went about looking for interesting people, perhaps in boring situations, to flirt with. After all, passion was something that would surely please Paha.
---
#66 Posted: 20:59:53 12/04/2017
Laeva nodded to Barrik, pleased that his mood seemed to have improved. She gave a wave of her hand as she spoke, "I'll be back before noon, don't worry. C'mon, Aviv, we'll get you some gear before we go."
Though the fire elemental had been silent this entire conversation, Laeva took her arm and pretty much dragged her from the premises. She didn't even need to ask if Aviv was prepared for this kind of expedition, already knowing for a fact she wasn't. With a short "Goodbye!" to the others, she tugged Aviv out of the inn.
She did not take the map, having spent some time in Argest to take the jobs at Cailin's Guildhouse. Once in the marketplace, Laeva scraped together her coin enough to purchase the necessities for Aviv including: proper rations, a bedroll, and a simple weapon she could use to defend herself. She couldn't afford anything fancy, but ensured Aviv could handle herself out on the road before stocking up on her own rations and getting a nice length of rope. She already had her own bedroll and didn't need to buy one. She spent a good bit of her money helping Aviv stock up, but didn't seem to mind very much.
---
boop the snoot
#67 Posted: 17:54:00 19/04/2017
As he entered on of the many shops in Coin's Bane, probably a general shop, he began to look around for adventuring equipment. He began to pick up the items he had previously mentally listed (A bedroll, traveling clothes, comfortable boots, rations, one of those machetes he read about in the novels, rope, that sorta stuff) and a bag to carry that all in. He had money enough to purchase the items, or so he believed. He walked up the the counter, comically carrying all of his new equipment, and gave the shop keeper a grin. "What do I owe you for all of this fine equipment, my good man?" He asked trying not to show the strain he was previously in from carrying everything he had piled on the counter.

Amalie made her way through town looking for people of interest. Having not found such people within the first few minutes she had slowed her pace. Perhaps she just wasn't looking hard enough. Her current whim led her to look for people to influence with feelings of passion, however she did not limit herself to such. Perhaps she could make someone laugh. Perhaps she could make someone cry.
---
#68 Posted: 21:59:38 19/04/2017 | Topic Creator
The woman turned around, an unplucked eyebrow being raised in aggressive question. Her hair was loosely thrown into a brown bun, and freckles dotted her dark skin. Huffing through her nose and sizing up Everett, aggressively rattling her fingers on the desk, she gazed over the items. "For all that? 'bout 50 silvers." she said, rolling her eyes. "Why do you adventurer types never read the forsaken, frickin, board?" she harshly tapped a giant slate behind her in synchronisation with her last three words, that were emphasised strongly. "Also, that's good woman to you."

- -

"Scoos' me!" a high pitched voice came from behind Amalie. "Can yous spare coin?" Upon finding the source of the noise, there is a little boy; no more than 6 years old in age, with dusty black hair and dirty bruises covering his skin, tugging lightly on the Ondine's pants. "Pease? I have to feed my mummy, I have to feed her." he explains, tears welling in his eyes as he tries to hold to empty clay bowl as high as possible.
---
#69 Posted: 23:51:58 19/04/2017
Leaving the payment for a map on Cailin's counter, Cazie stepped out into the hustle and bustle of Coin's Bane. She patted the pockets of her shorts, finding that she had very little left in the way of coinage; most of what she had brought was spent on a room at the Inn in the first place. She sighed, knowing she'd have to make do with what little she had. The elf girl drew up a quick mental checklist of the essentials, starting with what she already had:
Canteen of water? Check. Weapon? Check. One of those machetes from the novels? Check. Extra clothes? She hadn't changed her outfit in over a month, why start now? At least she washed it from time to time. Bedroll? Could be useful, though she always preferred sleeping on the ground.
Food?
Food... that's something she couldn't live without. Hunting was an option, but not a very reliable one. She supposed she'd have to purchase some rations. The scent of freshly baked pastries led her to a stand selling various baked goods. That would do. "Bread, please," she spoke to the merchant at the stand, fishing five silver coins out of her pocket and placing them on the counter. "As much as this buys."
---
#70 Posted: 17:12:53 21/04/2017
Everett seems immediately taken aback by the disgruntled shop keeper. So much so that he nearly drops his coin purse. He quickly put his hands up and attempts to smooth out the situation as best he can in his flustered state. "My apologizes, Ma'dam, I had no idea... I should have realized sooner- Oh dear!" He begins to fish the coins out of his satchel places them on the counter top. He clears his throat and recomposes himself. "Here you are, darling."

Amalie paused a solid second before she reacted. She knelt down to be level with the kid and produced a few coins for the child. "Here you are. But tell me, why must someone as young as yourself care for your mother? Shouldn't it be your mother who cares for you?" She asked. She in truth had no real sympathy for the child. It wasn't something she was truly capable of, but still she wanted to see where this conversation would take her.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me