Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
NICHE ideas that you wanted.
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#1 Posted: 00:30:37 02/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I remember a while ago looking up the expansions for Swap Force and seeing the villain for Time Tower and right away liking him. Earlier I saw him in the actual game, and I really liked his design even more in person. But his design made me feel disappointed. One thing I always disliked about Skylanders is that there really isn't a single... Fat Skylander.

...I know what you're thinking. "Wait, what!?" But truth be told I really like wide characters like the Tower of Time villain, so I'm kind of disappointed that the closest to that as far as Skylanders go are Gusto, Kingpen and Bash. Gusto's not wide enough for me, and his design leaves much to be desired. Kingpen's cooler, but still not wide enough. And Bash? Really, only his Series 1 figure was really all that fat. His in-game appearance wasn't. They really haven't had an actual FAT skylander, or even a round one, and I've always been disappointed by that.

...But as you guessed by the title, I know why they didn't make one. A fat character would have been a very small niche that probably would not have sold well. I would definitely buy one, but I would also be a minority. Regardless of age group, most people don't really see a fat body as a desirable attribute, which is what makes me different. I see a large body as a very sturdy natural armor that's capable of taking hits well, one of the general ideas of super-heavyweight boxing. I've always seen the big guys as guys who could laugh off hits and dish them out, while knowing this is a fantasy aspect, but it's a fantasy aspect I can't get enough of. ...But again, most people don't see it that way. smilie

Anyone feel the same way, or wanted to see something else they knew would have been highly niche but is still disappointed they didn't make a character belonging to that niche?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 04:23:08 02/03/2017
*breath*

BOI

Sand monster
Gargoyle
Zombie
Spring/Bouncing themed robot
Spider
earth mummy/pharaoh
cyclops (like the enemy ones from SSA)
water shark
tendril-themed dark element guy
praying mantis
Hercules/rhino/Goliath beetle
earwig
carrier pigeon (mailwoman theme with bomb packages? not sure if it's because it's good idea or potential to be waifu)
sheet ghost
handheld mace/flail character

WHEW
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#3 Posted: 05:58:38 02/03/2017
Butterfly
Kirin
Bull
Tiger (real one not like tuff luck)
Seahorse
Hippo
Elephant
Deer
Tiny man inside a giant mechnical suit
Bad breath (this guy deserve a spot)
Clam
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 13:35:51 02/03/2017
Undead spider and sand monster, for sure.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 15:16:43 02/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I kind of meant something you personally wanted, but you know you're in a very small minority of people who wanted it. A lot of ideas mentioned so far seem to be very popular ideas, I was meaning more along the lines of less popular animals or subjects.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#6 Posted: 18:40:25 02/03/2017
Another Scorpion Skylander would be cool, I actually liked Scorp.
---
Soon.
#7 Posted: 06:46:38 04/03/2017
hindu deity based, humanoid with multiple arms with each arm holding differant weapon.

teddy bear skylander, can be cute an deadly in the same time.

mermaid, only when there will be one then the water element will be truly perfect.

computer based, an AI that is using a mechinchel body and have a digital based attacks.

count me in on the sand monster ride.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:46:47 04/03/2017 by omer1698
#8 Posted: 09:37:07 04/03/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Also, a character with tarot cards.

Wash Buckler was originally going to be one. I wish it stayed that way.

really? got any pictures of him or somthing?.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#9 Posted: 03:10:52 05/03/2017
Do quadrupeds count as niche since there's less each game? :u
---
#all Spyros are valid
#10 Posted: 17:54:25 05/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Okaps

I don't think so. I'm still not sure a lot of these ideas are niche, but then again I suppose one person's "niche" is another person's common.

Unrelated, but I fought Cluck and it's kind of disappointing that he's just a remodeling of Evilized Whiskers just with the time-freeze mechanism, though it's arguably more fun to beat up Cluck's artificially fat*** than Whiskers.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#11 Posted: 21:55:04 05/03/2017
Chameleon that is able to change colors and turn invisible

A PRAYING MANTIS DANG IT
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:28 05/03/2017 by Chompy-King257
#12 Posted: 14:44:18 07/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I can think of one niche I did want: I've always wanted a Star Control Skylander. I know TFB has made a few nods to one of their first games (I think Persephone's speech and Flameslinger's fire-ring move are supposed to be nods to Star Control) but I've always kind of wanted a full-fledged Star Control inspired Skylander, like maybe a pterodactyl (Yehat) or something based of one of the alien races.

Quote: Okaps

Now that I think about it, I do miss quadrupeds. There used to be lots of them, but not anymore. Imaginators only has Mysticat if she counts, except she's a centaurid quadruped.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:21 07/03/2017 by MugoUrth
#13 Posted: 10:54:42 08/03/2017
Gorgon skylander, i want to kill my enemis just by looking at them.

A real viking skylander(chain reaction does not count).

A manticore, it need to happen.

Zodiac skylanders, i want it so bad!.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 11:24:57 08/03/2017
Quote: omer1698
Gorgon skylander, i want to kill my enemis just by looking at them.

A real viking skylander(chain reaction does not count).

A manticore, it need to happen.

Zodiac skylanders, i want it so bad!.

I know it's not exactly the same thing, but we already have some of those concepts in the game.

Both Crusher and Doom Stone have the ability to petrify enemies (the former by using an ocular pulse and the latter by using his shield, which is specifically designed after Medusa).

Mysticat gets real close to being a manticore, except for the scorpion tail and the fact she is actually a sphynx; I think one of his lines also uses a manticore-related pun.

We do have some Zodiac-inspired Skylanders (even if not directly): Wham-Shell and Lob-Star could represent Cancer, Scorp obviously Scorpio, Wildfire could be Leo, Head Rush Taurus or Aries, Splat and Buckshot Capricorn, Gill Grunt kinda Pisces or even Aquarius because of his water hose (on a second though Rip Tide fits Pisces better, since his whole gameplay is liteally based on using various sea creatures).
I personally see Aurora as a good candidate for Libra, Stealth Elf for Virgo (mostly because she is directly connected with Life and thus Nature) and Rocky Roll for Gemini even if it's a rather big stretch.

If only Knight Mare wielded a bow...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:25:24 08/03/2017 by Drek95
#15 Posted: 12:40:22 08/03/2017
I guess doom stone and crusher are kinda count for gorgon but i still think it will be cool to have one.

I prefer a real manticore skylander and not a sphienx that one of his
Quotes is manticore. I want a lion man or woman with a scorpion tail of the undead element.

I want a compltly new line of skylanders that represent the zodiac, not some other skylanders that mabey represents some of the signs.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#16 Posted: 01:40:11 06/04/2017
A magic skylander in a style of a magician and/or one who fights with playing cards. Like Twisted Fate from LoL.

A tech skylander who specializes in construction skills, like operating a jackhammer, etc.

Another tech skylander with retro arcade/videogame style moves.
"But wait, isn't Skylanders already a video game?"

This is really giving me ideas for when I get Imaginators one day.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
#17 Posted: 05:23:59 06/04/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Chameleon that is able to change colors and turn invisible

A PRAYING MANTIS DANG IT

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#18 Posted: 22:30:03 06/04/2017
I feel like Mugo might have a thing for widely set characters....
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#19 Posted: 02:27:17 07/04/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

fetish found
#20 Posted: 15:56:22 10/04/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Ya think? smilie

Quote: ZapNorris
fetish found

No, I just like them. And whether it is or isn't, who cares? That's not what the topic is about.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me