Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Article: Why I Think Imaginators Will Sell on the Switch
Page 1 of 1
Article: Why I Think Imaginators Will Sell on the Switch
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 08:46:04 01/03/2017 | Topic Creator
With the recent announcement of new content and a port to the Nintendo Switch of Skylanders: Imaginators, the fans are putting their faith (and money) on these new releases, with the hope they "save" the franchise from a possible end. With this article, I'm gonna present you the reasons why I personally think the Switch port of Imaginators will sell well. But first, we need to remember:

• This is totally my opinion, and I'll be glad to hear yours'.
  • This article only applies to the Switch port itself, not any of the other future content.
  • This article only applies to the first month of the console (March and the start of April). Things will change drastically quickly, and some of my points will become obsolete.

With that out of the way, let's start:

1. Lower Price Point: While some people still think that U$59,90 (I'm gonna call it U$60,00 from now on) is a bit too much for this game, most people seem to think it's a fair price, mainly considering it's a "smaller release" (those games that generally cost 40 bucks) with the addition of accessories, making it cost the same as a big release. The lower price compared to past versions makes it more accessible to new players.
  2. Lack of Initial Options: Most people that will buy the console on release are the bigger fans, but the console won't have many options from the start. The big release will be The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and that's what everyone will buy with the console. There's also some digital indie games, but, aside from that, we only have Super Bomberman R (which is considered expensive for its style, but generally well regarded) and 1 2 Switch (generally disliked). With so few options at release, Imaginators will become the "Uh I have some money left so I'm gonna buy this Amiibo rip-off with Crash because why not" type of game.
  3. No Portal Brings Amiibo Fans: I talk a lot with people who mostly play Nintendo games, and they always found weird how, in Skylanders, you need to have a figure on a base all the time, instead of just scanning it one time to play, like Amiibo figures. With the lack of a Portal of Power, Nintendo players will feel more familiar to the game, making them more receptive to it. Also, the portable aspect really helps.
  4. Nintendo Fans Don't Care About Spyro: Okay, this might be a bit exaggerated, but, let me explain. Most people who hate Skylanders grew up with Spyro games on the PlayStation One. Obviously, a person who grew up with a PSOne can end up getting a Switch. But, as I said, the people who will buy it at launch are the bigger fans. Most Nintendo fans are interested in Skylanders because it has what most Nintendo IPs have (family-friendly appeal, for example), but also because they don't have as much to hate as PlayStation fans, since they didn't had a relation with Spyro. So, or they don't care, or they might get interested.
  5. Guest Stars: While you may argue this doesn't change much, I personally think it changes a bit. There are so many people who got interested into the game thanks to its Guest Stars. I've seem many YouTubers, friends and random people who didn't cared to the series buying the games thanks to Bowser, Donkey Kong and Crash. I never understood why most Nintendo fans I knew cared more about Crash in the game than Spyro. Maybe because Crash is more popular as a whole? I don't know for sure, but I think the Guest Stars definitely bring the attention of some new players.

So, here's my opinion. What's yours? Have fun commenting.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:13:43 01/03/2017 by Crash10
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 04:26:57 02/03/2017
I'll buy it for some reasons-

1. skylanders anywhere man
2. create characters wherever
3. grave clobber to go
4. i can finally use that dark bowser i have
5. extra fire crystal for candella
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me