Page 1 of 1
Is it worth it?
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#1 Posted: 01:09:48 18/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm just wondering if getting the thumping wumpa island ap is worth it. It does it give you less content and figures than a regular adventure pack or more?
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#2 Posted: 01:18:05 18/02/2017
More.
It's really great. Best adventure pack, you need 1h to complete everything in this level.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#3 Posted: 01:19:46 18/02/2017
Thumpin Wumpa Islands is an amazing AP that everyone should pick up. Just because it doesn't come with a Creation Crystal doesn't mean it's worth less than Enchanted Eleven Forest or Gryphon Park Observatory.

Crash and Cortex are amazing, too.
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#4 Posted: 02:05:40 18/02/2017
^Agree with everything. Just get it!
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#5 Posted: 02:35:21 18/02/2017
Either you want to buy it or you don't! The choice is yours. I am glad I bought mine. So go for it or not?
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#6 Posted: 13:11:38 18/02/2017
It's my favorite AP
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#7 Posted: 18:46:00 18/02/2017
You get 2 senseis plus a new level for $30, which isn't unreasonable. Of the 3 currently available expansion levels, it's the best one.

I only paid 89¢ for mine at GameStop since I traded in a few games and had some reward points, so it's the best 89¢ I've ever spent.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#8 Posted: 16:45:33 21/02/2017
It's really good, you should buy it.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#9 Posted: 01:37:39 22/02/2017
Wow, um, really unpopular opinion, I didn't enjoy TWI. It's one of my least favourite levels in the series.
Please don't kill me.
---
Soon.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#10 Posted: 02:00:48 22/02/2017
Speaking of unpopular, I wasn't too thrilled with Crash. Cortex makes it all worth it, though.
---
Any last wishes?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#11 Posted: 02:15:02 22/02/2017
I was pleasantly surprised by Cortex, but what did it for me was the music puzzles. Get either one of the characters just to do those!
#12 Posted: 14:39:09 23/02/2017
The level rocks much more if you are a Crash Bandicoot fan for how it homages the franchise, above all in its beginings.

The start is a homage of the star of the first game in N. Sanity Beach, followed by a level designs based on jungle, river and waterfall sections from the first two games. Then you have a wider area based on the ingineous village, being necessary to access the villager dwellings, as it was done previously in Twinsanity. Second and last parts of the level display scenarios based on temple ruins levels from the first two games also, with elements from other scenarios such as floating bridges like the ones in the level "Road to Nowhere" of the first game. There are also 4 minigames included, one based on "Boulders". There're cameos of Tiny and Dingodile, and other characters that will surprise you, above all the boss battle.

Overall, it's a level more based on exploring and collecting than fighting, although it has solid combat stages, and enemies based on Crash's universe and aesthectics. The boss battle is very challenging and full of detail, being much better than most of the Doomlanders battles, IMO.

So, yes, not only if you are a Crash fan but also if you want extended gameplay of great quality, I highly recommend you to get it. Plus, it's a long level. It took me around an hour to complete it, and I even miss some collectibles. Its re-play value is also really good.
---
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#13 Posted: 19:11:46 23/02/2017
It depends. On one hand, the enemies in the level are a lot more challenging (especially those horrible Chompies that seem to move at 200% a normal Chompy's speed and attack at 300% a normal Chompy's speed) and that makes it more fun, plus it has a lot of good music and Crash Bandicoot is a fun sensei to use (I did not think the same was true of Cortex, however). The level also throws in some minigames that are fun to play (more so Cortex's old school sidescroller spaceship blasting than Crash's chili pepper runs) and is beautiful from a graphics standpoint. If you can do a run through the entire level with just one Skylander, you stand to make a lot of money too.

On the other hand, depending on how high you intend to go in terms of what difficulty setting you play on and if you care about your game completion percentage, adding the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands may be a more counterintuitive decision. Having to break 50 crates while running at an increased movement speed in the first chili pepper run to unlock Cortex's soul gem (and also get the second level star) is noooooot fun and depending on the difficulty setting and how many Skylanders you own, it may be unfeasible (Do NOT expect to get this done on nightmare difficulty). Also, as the difficulty setting increases, some Skylanders become less realistic to use in this level (namely ones that have low damage output, too many close range attacks or--most of all--slow attack speed), so in some ways it can be a private playground for specific Skylanders on hard-equivalent or nightmare difficulty.

It's interesting, because the main challenge in the Gryphon Park Observatory was finding all the areas, the main challenge in the Enchanted Elven Forest was grinding and combat and the main challenge in the Thumpin' Wumpa Islands is the minigames. You might like it though and if game completion percentage isn't an issue, then I'd say go for it! You might find it a nice change of pace compared to other levels.
#14 Posted: 20:11:25 23/02/2017
I find minigames funny but not that hard. They're challenging, but not enough to require a third try, for example.
---
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#15 Posted: 00:23:53 24/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I picked it uo today and at one point through the level i forgot i was playing Skylanders. Awsome AP.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#16 Posted: 01:11:33 24/02/2017
Told you! Nice to know you like it smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me