darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > What would be the perfect Skylanders game for you?
Page 1 of 1
What would be the perfect Skylanders game for you?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1 Posted: 18:32:19 30/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Go all out, no need to make it realistic.

• at least 25 levels, not including APs.
  • The ability to play all levels from the previous games, only they're bigger, more open and have more to do. This includes all hubs.
  • For the SSC levels, get rid of vehicle moments and make it all on foot, but with the option to do more damage, move faster and take less damage on a vehicle.
  • All Skylanders with wings/ that can fly can now double jump, and pressing the jump button 3 times allows flight.
  • The option to have both upgrade paths, or just one.
  • The Swap Force art style.
  • 20 new characters, with 10 remasters
  • a great story like SSC, but it doesnt need to be as big, just as good.
  • In game alt costumes that also alt the model itself (Like giving Thumpback his Admiral Lost Islands alter ego). Maybe a few of them prototype designs like Freeze Blade and entirely new designs like Spyro and his Academy design.
  • New open world like hub that allows free flight. It's design wouldn't be like M.A.P. where all the levels connected together, but instead its own thing.
  • Skylander Academy is a mixture of the best assets of each design from TT, SSC and SI along with new things like a pool, classrooms and a playground.
  • More parts and gear for Imaginators, along with bodies for Ninjas and legs for Swashbucklers.
  • With the small directional pads (Like on Wii U) each direction pressed lets a Skylander do a little animation (Similar to Imaginators themselves)
  • For fun, in levels and the hubs, allow the player to change the time of day (Morning, midday, evening and midnight, except the dark zones, which always are at night) and the weather (Rain, sunny, or snow)
  • Elemental zones return and the Academy has a room for each element.
  • Pit as the Skymiibo
  • ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #2 Posted: 00:17:02 31/12/2016
    Lots of levels, with maybe 2-4 adventure packs.
    Not a huge roster, but not a small one either. About Imaginator's/SuperCharger's size.
    Kaos stays the main villain, but Malefor is the villain in an Adventure pack.
    Good story, like SuperChargers.
    Lots of bosses.
    Huge HUB that allows for lots of exploration.
    Brain as an NPC who helps out in beating Kaos.
    One repose per element, done the way SuperChargers did them.
    Villain figures of remaining Doom Raiders, some other villains (Mesmeralda, Moneybone and Shellshock, for example), and Glumshanks or Kaos' Mom.
    Sonic The Hedgehog or Spyro Guest Stars (Sonic and Eggman/Knuckles/Tails/Shadow) or (Hunter and Ripto) with an Adventure Pack level.
    Mini games for additional stuff to do.
    Imaginators fully compatible.

Might add more later.
    ---
    i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
    AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
    #3 Posted: 01:06:37 31/12/2016
  • At least 15 levels, as in 15 main levels, plus elemental realms.
  • Going back to 9.99 figures.
  • Return of Core Skylanders.
  • Element-exclusive abilities.
  • Bring back Battle Mode with online functionality.

• That's all I got for now.
    ---
    Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
    Check this out! Please?
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:31:50 31/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
    TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
    #4 Posted: 01:27:07 31/12/2016
    - Cool Skylanders to play as and collect. I don't care about the gimmick as long as it's a cool one!
    - A good, meaty story mode to play through. Probably at least 12 levels
    - Side Quests like Imaginators
    - A GODDAMNED BATTLE MODE!!!
    - Arena Challenges that actually change up the arena
    - A good use for all of my toys dating back to SSA. Maybe some Giants Chests or Dual Elemental Gates or something! Something that makes me bust out my Series 1 Chop Chop again.
    - Balanced characters. The new Skylanders shouldn't outclass the old ones. I should be able to take on Nightmare Mode with Tree Rex or Night Shift without dying immediately cause you really want to sell those new toys
    - Simple Skylanders gameplay. No Swap Zones, No Vehicle Sections just some good ol hack 'n slash combat and puzzles! You can keep the racing mode in, though. I won't play it, but you can still keep it.
    ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
    #5 Posted: 02:58:30 31/12/2016
    decent number of main levels, plus a dozen or so side/hidden levels
    PATH SWITCHING
    Nightmare available at the start, with the ability to raise or lower the difficulty at will ( typically, Nightmare can't be lowered )
    ALL Skylanders balanced, rather than nerfing/effing up older figures to force purchase of new ones
    good, well thought out boss fights...no more infinite spawning minions or "dodge crap for 5 minutes until the boss is vulnerable

content for all types of toys. Magic/battle items work like they should, classic gates, Sensei Shrines & Gongs, Swap Zones ( but creative areas based around their abilities rather than the lame minigames from SF...more 3DS Sf than console, you know? ), vehicle areas ( but MINIMAL...they can be fun in small doses ), Giant areas, chests & Feats of Strength, Mini areas, Elemental exclusive areas, Traptanium gates & crystals, dual element gates...maybe villain chests for the villain Senseis at least ( if Traps can be used like in TT, even better ). Level pieces could unlock new stages based off their themes, with new APs adding more

digital versions of Skylanders & AP levels for those not into the toys
    online co-op
    arenas ( more like in SF, but without the cheap "don't get hit" challenges )
    Kaos Doom Challenge
    open world hub like th M.A.P. but bigger
    quests for each unique character, or at least randomized quests like in Superchargers & Imaginators ( but with more variety )
    good story on par with Superchargers
    all the creator content in Imaginators plus more added regularly
    toys released on a decent schedule & in decent supply with no huge ****-ups from Activision
    stage replays offering a "free play" option that allows us to explore the level without the cutscenes & random dialogue slowing progression
    racing mode with better balancing and more/new tracks ( alternate option here: continue Superchargers Racing with new games every so often )
    no more effing Skystones...hate that minigame with a passion. IF it stays, at least don't require it for anything collectible or progression related
    back to focusing on the NPCs rather than the Skylanders "storytellers"...especially Hugo, SHarpfin, Tessa & Cali ( the less Mags, the better )
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:19:21 01/01/2017 by ChillStealthElf
    kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
    #6 Posted: 07:48:38 31/12/2016
    For me the perfect game would be Skylanders Sports, perhaps along the lines of Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games. I think that would make a lot of sense and be a real winner.
    Beedle2000 Green Sparx Gems: 442
    #7 Posted: 09:06:03 31/12/2016
    I'm thinking:
    - Really long. At least 30 Levels.
    - All of the old adventure packs unlock their respective levels with original functionality intact.
    - Really big hub world with lots of secrets. The Imaginators map is cool, but I want to see bigger.
    - Online co-op is cool.
    - Battle mode, with new arenas + all of the arenas from SA, SG, SF. Also you can play it online now.
    - Racing mode can stay, but I think it could use some fine tuning because I never really had fun with it the way I do with Mario Kart.
    - Kaos Doom Challenge.
    - More interesting arena battles.
    - A level builder. Even if it's simple, this series could really use one to add some replay value.
    - Replay quests on old levels with more variety.
    - Imaginators have full compatibility, plus new parts and all body types for all classes.
    - Both versions of Skystones.
    - Some way for at least some of the Skylanders to have both upgrade paths at once. Maybe this could be for Eon's Elite, Reposes, or just everybody.
    - You can find Soul Gems for everybody again. Maybe even give everyone a second Soul Gem.
    - Hidden abilities on certain Skylanders. Like how Whirlwind could break the crystals with rainbow attacks or how Drill Sergeant could break those rocks without a pickaxe.
    - Water and Lava are relevant obstacles again.
    - Giants/Swappers for Light and Dark elements.
    - Maybe a boss rush mode? You could fight some/all of the bosses from previous games.
    - Level up rewards like in Superchargers.
    - Some sort of functionality for the old gimmick characters.
    That's what I've got for now. I doubt I'll be seeing a game with most of these features, but hey, I can dream.

Edit: Grammar fix
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:07:28 31/12/2016 by Beedle2000
    omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
    #8 Posted: 09:34:41 31/12/2016
    - decent number of levels (somthing beatween swap force and trap team)
    - more skylanders npcs (but take the acadamey look spyro and turn eruptor to his acdamey version, i hate the whinning ***** he is in imagnitors)
    - a balance beatween normal and skylanders npcs
    - a roster with not many skylanders but at least enuugh to call it a roster
    - skylanders that are based on uncommen mythical beings
    - kaos not as main villain (ally npc maximum)
    - good plot, not superchargers level but at least batter then imagnitors
    - a nice gimmik, not imagnitors level but somthing that people might enjoy (i was thinking pet base mabey...)
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
    #9 Posted: 15:49:04 01/01/2017
    - About the same number of story chapters as Spyro's Adventure.
    - Gimmick toys no bigger than the cores or superchargers.
    - Open world hub like the M.A.P.
    - Levels more open and the ability to backtrack if you miss any collectables.
    - The ability to skip cutscenes fully instead of them being used as loading screens.
    - The return of legendary treasures, probably in the form of furniture that you can use to decorate your own in-game room with.
    - Bonus missions/heroic challenges.
    - Return of hats for non-imaginators.
    - Enough content to play without having to buy a gimmicklander of each element.
    - Arena challenges like the ones in Giants.
    - Ability to move over water again like in SSA.
    angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
    #10 Posted: 19:44:51 01/01/2017
    - Good online multiplayer, both co op and pvp. Add a very high level cap here, so you are motivated to keep playing.

- Deeper RPG: Make skylanders development more complex, for instance being able to assign experience points among the different stats.

- Customization of all skylanders: Being able to change outfits, weapons and armor of all skylanders.

- Dungeons similar to DIablo III or baldur's gate. Lots of them.

- A more grown up storyline

- Level design less linear: Interconnected areas, more challenging exploration, bigger zones

- Longer storyline
    ---
    Life sucks...and then you die.
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me