darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > It would be nice if they bulk patched all Skylanders into all of the games.
Page 1 of 1
It would be nice if they bulk patched all Skylanders into all of the games.
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#1 Posted: 17:30:55 28/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I do not know how feasible this is but it sure wouldn't be impossible. If the series does go by the wayside, as some are speculating, the least they could do is try and patch the figures into all of the games. It would be awesome to be able to go back and play any of the games in the series with any of the hundreds of figures many of us own. That would be a nice gesture.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#2 Posted: 17:58:31 28/12/2016
As nice of a thought that is, it would be extremely unlikely.

The thing is, it wouldn't garner any money, and since the speculation is that the series is getting canned due to unfavourable sales, I cannot see Activision ever giving the go ahead to do an extensive project involving old games which won't be making them any money.

It would be lovely to go back to Spyro's Adventure on the Wii and play with Crash and DK, but the fact of the matter is that it's just an unreasonable expectation.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#3 Posted: 18:47:58 28/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Patching new figures into the older games, that some people likely only have first couple, would help push some of the newer figures off the shelves. I know it is unlikely but we can all hope.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4 Posted: 20:19:56 28/12/2016
Sadly people tend to toss away the old games (especially old Sport games) and never return back to them, so making patches for a small minority of fans surely wouldn't make any sense for Activision.

Retro nostalgia tends to take at least 10 years to kick in so it's more realistic to expect a remastered disk in the 2020s sometime with the first 3 games on it featuring a new cast of 20 figures plus the ability to use all older characters but so nerfed that no one would actually be successful at using them. That has a better chance of making them some money than patches now. Honestly I'd be highly surprised if they didn't try something like that with the franchise by 2025.
---
Stay Cool!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 20:37:23 28/12/2016
What fairyland said. I personally only see this stuff happening years later, as remakes of the franchise.
---
Bruh
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 20:47:31 28/12/2016
Agreed, but never gonna happen.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 21:53:31 28/12/2016
Yeah, I don't see this happening unless you're talking about a complete remake. First of all, the Wii versions can't be patched, leaving out a chunk of players. Second of all, it doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.

Interestingly, iirc, Disney actually once said they would do this when Infinity 2.0 was announced (make 2.0 characters playable in 1.0), but they never acknowledged it again after that and it ended up never happening. Probably because they knew the game wouldn't sell if they did that. and also because the Wii can't be patched.
---
Purple dragon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:54:24 28/12/2016 by Sboy13
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#8 Posted: 13:23:26 29/12/2016
I've said for about two years now...and if skipping next year IS happening (which I'm actually OK with)...then the perfect solution is a Skylanders Remasterd for the PS4 and XBOne. I've changed my opinion on how it should be done as they did re-release in some capacity the Forgotten 8 or whatever they were called.
--------------------------------------------------------
HD Re-release of All games on a single disc;

Updated Kaos Trials with enemies from ALL games and even boss battles against other skylanders like in SSA, including random generated Swap Combination, TT combinations (so the game will swap between a skylander and a villain, and Imaginators;

Master Portal* - Redesigned Collector's Edition Portal with Speaker (TT), place for trap crystal, and holder for imaginator crystal(s);

New Item - Eon's Portal Book - for 'X' duration, max character stats and walking speed;

Variant Spyro (SSA) - Crystal - Elite Spyro Stats;
- Unreall
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#9 Posted: 14:40:53 29/12/2016
Quote: Unreallystic
I've said for about two years now...and if skipping next year IS happening (which I'm actually OK with)...then the perfect solution is a Skylanders Remasterd for the PS4 and XBOne. I've changed my opinion on how it should be done as they did re-release in some capacity the Forgotten 8 or whatever they were called.
--------------------------------------------------------
HD Re-release of All games on a single disc;

Updated Kaos Trials with enemies from ALL games and even boss battles against other skylanders like in SSA, including random generated Swap Combination, TT combinations (so the game will swap between a skylander and a villain, and Imaginators;

Master Portal* - Redesigned Collector's Edition Portal with Speaker (TT), place for trap crystal, and holder for imaginator crystal(s);

New Item - Eon's Portal Book - for 'X' duration, max character stats and walking speed;

Variant Spyro (SSA) - Crystal - Elite Spyro Stats;
- Unreall

This would be amazing, and no doubt it would come to Switch as well.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 14:48:01 29/12/2016
The biggest problem is... jumping.

SSA and Giants weren't designed with jumping in mind.

Meanwhile, SWAP Force and beyond were - and some of the characters have moves based around jumping.

Adding these characters to the older titles either means reworking the characters to remove/replace jumping-related movements or reworking the levels to allow jumping and search for any potential glitches created by this.

Either way, it's a lot of work for little reward. I'd love it. Heck, I'd be happy with the HD version of SSA for Wii U that Japan got... but, it's unlikely. :(
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 15:04:04 29/12/2016
I think it's really in the best interest for the most part to end the series with a remastering of AT least Spyros Adventures and Giants but even better would be to do a slight remaster of Swap Force, Trap team and Superchargers as well to allow for all characters to be played in them. I think only Spyros adventures and Giants need the most work as they could figure out how they are going to add in the jump feature as well as maybe add in a few Light and Dark Elemental Doors and areas.
The look of the game didn't change that much from Swap Force to Imaginators so I don't think we need to worry about that.
But going down this route would keep value in our collection and allow us to have one big giant adventure with all our favorite skylanders rather then say only having one adventure with a favorite from Imaginators, 2 if from Superchargers etc. etc.

But this is activision and I don't believe it would ever happen.
But yes i'm fine with ending the series as long as we could do a remaster of Spyros adventures and Giants.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#12 Posted: 16:24:48 29/12/2016
I think the easiest route to go with to tweak the levels allowing jump Skylanders to jump. Getting rid of jumping and reworking characters who have jump attacks is by far the worse route to go IMO. Besides the changes to levels to allow the ability to jump would likely cost less and would be simpler to do, especially if it was a remaster.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#13 Posted: 17:56:26 29/12/2016
A remaster wouldn't work as all figures would need to be redesigned and rereleased.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 18:39:49 29/12/2016
Quote: TrapGiant
A remaster wouldn't work as all figures would need to be redesigned and rereleased.

Says who? If you walk into any Toys R Us or GameStop right now you could find several Skylanders from different games. They might have to rerelease some harder to find Skylanders but it won't be that severe
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#15 Posted: 18:55:01 29/12/2016
Disney didn't bother to do this even though they promised it with Disney Infinity, and that was back when TTL was still selling gangbusters. I'd say there's about a zero percent chance Activision will do it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#16 Posted: 20:26:42 29/12/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Says who? If you walk into any Toys R Us or GameStop right now you could find several Skylanders from different games. They might have to rerelease some harder to find Skylanders but it won't be that severe

Not everyone can go to a TRU, and most retail stores (i.e: target) has mainly stock of the latest game and a little of the previous game.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#17 Posted: 20:37:43 29/12/2016

Not everyone can go to a TRU, and most retail stores (i.e: target) has mainly stock of the latest game and a little of the previous game.

Easy solution, re-release a few Skylanders from each game. That or open up a Skylanders Store site similar to how other toy companies do it.
#18 Posted: 20:42:46 29/12/2016

Easy solution, re-release a few Skylanders from each game. That or open up a Skylanders Store site similar to how other toy companies do it.

A skylander store website wouldn't be good, they'd might as well have the remasters amazon exclusive.
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#19 Posted: 21:42:18 29/12/2016
Quote: UncleBob
The biggest problem is... jumping.

SSA and Giants weren't designed with jumping in mind.

Meanwhile, SWAP Force and beyond were - and some of the characters have moves based around jumping.

Adding these characters to the older titles either means reworking the characters to remove/replace jumping-related movements or reworking the levels to allow jumping and search for any potential glitches created by this.

Either way, it's a lot of work for little reward. I'd love it. Heck, I'd be happy with the HD version of SSA for Wii U that Japan got... but, it's unlikely. smilie
Nah. Some characters would just be SOL with engine changes, its very much the minority. I mean the Wow Pow for the tree guy was gaining health by floating in the water...and you see how much you could do that after the first game.
No.They.Don't.
Who told you that lie?

I'm not saying a full TTL re-release. This is a "For Collectors" set more than anything, the assumption would be that you already have a heavy number of characters. As well, this helps with the second issue at hand with TTL, the left over stock. TRU has trouble GIVING away figures from the past two years still in inventory, heck I still come across SSA stuff at TRU. If the remaster brought in new people to the franchise, they can easily still go to the store and buy those old figures, as well, part of the selling point - being able to use newer figures on older games - means you could use the figures in store NOW.

That's all the stock "NECESSARY". And no- everyone can't get to TRU, I can walk into "Five Below" and grab Swap Force & Trap Team figures...NEW. I can go to Walmart, and grab the re-release packs they sell, as wel las their old stock. I can go to KOHLS and find Swap Force and Trap Team. And that's the "New" - Brick & Mortar options.

I haven't touched used inventory - where Gamestop is selling like 10 figures for $20 right now. I haven't touched online retailers like Best Buy and TRU who are trying to sell the old stuff, or Amazon and eBay.

No, they don't have to do a massive re-release of characters.

Final thing, I forgot to mention - a new "Remix" or "Master" mode, where cut-scenes can be turned off, and the spawns are randomly generated and increased in either difficulty OR volume randomly.
- Unreall
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#20 Posted: 22:05:02 29/12/2016
Would original SSA and SG characters work in a remaster in terms of jumping? Is that something that is chip related or that happens in game?
#21 Posted: 22:08:58 29/12/2016
Quote: spot
Would original SSA and SG characters work in a remaster in terms of jumping? Is that something that is chip related or that happens in game?

It would not be an issue because older characters have been able to jump forever now. It's purely a level design issue, not a character animation issue
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#22 Posted: 00:00:24 30/12/2016
Quote: spot

It would not be an issue because older characters have been able to jump forever now. It's purely a level design issue, not a character animation issue

Yes of course I should have realised that.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me