darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Things to know before I start playing?
Page 1 of 1
Things to know before I start playing?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 18:46:13 23/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Since I know next to nothing about this game due to me not following the spoilers when it wasn't out yet and I have yet to get the game until now (getting it for Christmas)

Including figures I should pick up due to rarity, how many imaginite crystals I should get, what not to do, etc
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:09 23/12/2016 by Windumup
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 20:43:14 23/12/2016
Dont fret about getting too many Crystals. Get at least 1 Sensei of every element and youll have access to pretty much everything. If you get Enchanted Elven Forest and Gryphon Park Observatory you'll be getting a Life and an Air Sensei, an Earth and an Air creation Crystal, and two new levels. Then all youd need is:

Either Starcast or Hood Sickle
Either Flarewolf, Ember, or Tae Kwon Crow
Aurora
Either Buckshot, Mysticat, or Painyatta
Either Dr Krankcase, Chain Reaction, or Dr Cortex
Either Chopscotch, Wolfgang, or Pit Boss

You could also get Cortex or Crash to unlock another level on top of the two mentioned before.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 21:02:17 23/12/2016
Yep, what Isaac said is it. Don't really need to buy extra crystals unless you are into creating characters. If you are, then you probably would like one of each element and a 3DS SSA/Giants game to reset the crystals. I heard that dark is the hardest one to get right now.

Rarity wise, probably any of the upcoming series 4 and 5? I'm waiting for a Tidepool to finish out my elements as she's way cool. Everything before that is still pretty easy to get and they have been going on sale lately. Kaos could be one of the harder ones to get locally but easy to get online but you don't really need him to unlock content.
---
Stay Cool!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#4 Posted: 21:26:35 23/12/2016
All you really need is a sensei of each element to unlock the elemental realm levels. The number of crystals you get depends on whatever you want to create, they don't really unlock anything besides set parts.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 21:50:01 23/12/2016
Also, each Sensei has a Battle Class, and they unlock a new attack to use on Imaginators of the same Class. All Senseis of a Class unlock the same attack.
---
Bruh
Xjmmjbn Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#6 Posted: 22:10:49 23/12/2016
Hi everybody! This is my first post ever, so I hope I don't offend anybody.

I would recommend you avoid using old skylanders, as Imaginators will delete heroic challenges from Spyro's Adventure. Plus, old skylanders have been weakened and don't do nearly as much damage as the new characters; I learned this the hard way in the arena.
---
Call me X, if you will. I've given you all you need to know to find out my true name, but then why am I using a pseudonym?
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#7 Posted: 23:17:55 23/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Xjmmjbn
Hi everybody! This is my first post ever, so I hope I don't offend anybody.

I would recommend you avoid using old skylanders, as Imaginators will delete heroic challenges from Spyro's Adventure. Plus, old skylanders have been weakened and don't do nearly as much damage as the new characters; I learned this the hard way in the arena.

Well I hardly ever did any heroic challenges anyways, but that is lame that older skylanders got nerfed
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 02:31:15 24/12/2016
One good tip I can give you is don't worry about collecting everything in each stage on the first run as some areas are locked until you complete a later level ( in particular, there's an area in Golden Arcade that can't be accessed until you beat Dragon Temple ). Beyond that I can just echo what others have said: get some extra senseis covering all 10 elements & all 10 battle classes, and get the 3 adventure packs in order to have access to all levels
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me