Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > New Watership Down Miniseries
Page 1 of 1
New Watership Down Miniseries
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#1 Posted: 21:02:15 11/12/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

BBC article
Wikipedia page

The new series will consist of 4 episodes each being 60 minutes long, and it will be entirely CGI. For those living in Britain it will air on the BBC One later next year, but for international fans it will come out shortly after on Netflix, streaming worldwide.

Cast
James McAvoy as Hazel
Nicholas Hoult as Fiver
John Boyega as Bigwig
Ben Kingsley as General Woundwort
Gemma Arterton as Clover
Olivia Colman as Strawberry
Anne-Marie Duff as Hyzenthlay
Miles Jupp as Blackberry
Freddie Fox as Captain Holly

Here we have our first look at the miniseries, from Jaeson Finn.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
It’s still in very early development, showing only the first building blocks and low resolution textures. It appears that the series will look pretty realistic!

[User Posted Image]
Gemma Arterton (Clover) about Watership Down.

---

Okay, I absolutely adore Watership Down so I was so excited to hear that a new series was in production, and this was waaaay back in 2014. I'm surprised I never made a thread about it beforehand actually, but I guess now that so much more information is popping up about the new series, it's a good time to share the news.
The writers are trying to give the story more powerful female characters, so I hear that they have turned Strawberry (one of the buns from the Warren of the Shining Wires) into a girl. But they could have had Blackberry as a girl also, like from the old TV series from the early 2000's?? Oh well.
My only hopes are that Blackavar needs to stay alive, the bunnies from the farm are actually angoras and himalayans like how they are described in the book, and the other rabbits from Sandleford that joined Hazel's group are in it, like Speedwell, Buckthorn and Acorn. Also, Bluebell needs to be in it.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 03:10:16 12/12/2016
I love Watership Down and Plauge Dogs, exciting news!
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#3 Posted: 15:33:22 15/01/2017
Holy cow! I'm all for a mini series.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me