darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > This game's balancing vs. Trap Team's balancing
Page 1 of 1
This game's balancing vs. Trap Team's balancing
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#1 Posted: 03:19:20 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Which is worse? For me it's this game. At least in Trap Team you could still kill enemies. Now try doing a surprise attack with Nightfall. I dare you.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#2 Posted: 03:27:24 05/12/2016
I have. On hard. Oh and I won. (although it was very difficult.)
---
Hahahahaha
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:27:51 05/12/2016 by GaiaMemories
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#3 Posted: 03:39:34 05/12/2016
I feel like Nightmare mode is a good source of comparison and Nightmare mode in Imaginators is nothing compared to the absolute hemoglobin Nightmare Trap Team was.

In all honesty I view Nightmare Trap Team to be the hardest the series has ever been. (Im looking at you, nigh impossible Chef Pepper Jack fight)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 04:12:48 05/12/2016
Trap Team's was worse in my opinion. Some characters would have their most powerful attacks be over 1000, while others would be 80. The gap isn't that wide in Imaginators.

Yeah, the older characters did get nerfed, but if you play on Beginner or Adventurer it's not as noticeable. I managed to beat the arena a few times using older characters on these difficulties.

And I know this is gonna sound odd to say, but Trap Team not having hitstun actually kinda hindered some of the characters. I remember Grilla Drilla being one of my favorites to use in Swap Force for his drill punch which just wasn't as effective in Trap Team due to it being on a different engine.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:13:23 05/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#5 Posted: 09:37:48 05/12/2016
Trap Team is definately worse. Being easier or harder wasn't the problem, it was just unfair. Boss Battles almost got to Nightmare the Darkness levels of hand cramps because someone had stupid ideas for their gimmicks at times, the enemies are far too mobile including the brutes, and everything could kill you in a few hits in a game full of awkward angles. And on Skylanders, don't forget Blastermind and Funny Bone.
Imaginators could use less damage sponges, but on AI, it's great - you can circle enemies, they have very clear tells, no one has bull**** Mace Major hurtboxes, they always allow a getaway even with a slow character..
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#6 Posted: 19:36:34 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
The damage numbers in TT were worse, totally, but I think Imaginatirs is worse. In TT, I could still use at least some old characters, like Bash or Crusher. In Imaginators every single one of them is absolutely useless.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#7 Posted: 19:44:52 05/12/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42
The damage numbers in TT were worse, totally, but I think Imaginatirs is worse. In TT, I could still use at least some old characters, like Bash or Crusher. In Imaginators every single one of them is absolutely useless.

Then play in easy mode since it's like a medium difficulty.
Only on easy mode some old characters are enjoyable smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 19:55:08 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Buuzer

No can do. Once you go Nightmare, you can never go back.
---
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#9 Posted: 20:11:24 05/12/2016
Quote: Buuzer

No can do. Once you go Nightmare, you can never go back.

Oh, sorry. Well, stick with the Sensei then. It's almost impossible to play in nightmare mode with old characters (like warnado and co.)
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#10 Posted: 21:13:50 05/12/2016
I think SC had the best balance. Almost every old Skylander was quite usable in the game but this is based on normal difficulty. On normal in Imaginators it's not easy using some of the older figures but it is possible. TT had the worst balance I think out of all the games.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#11 Posted: 00:55:58 06/12/2016
I don't notice damage numbers & what have you, but I feel Imaginators is worse...at least in TT you can use any Skylander just fine, in Imaginators it's nigh impossible to do anything with anyone that isn't a Sensei or Imaginator ( even on easy...seriously, a level 20 should never die in 3 or less hits outside Nightmare )
Living Joker Green Sparx Gems: 196
#12 Posted: 19:25:15 10/12/2016
Haven't played SI yet except to test whether my figures work, (saving it for a week of vacation at the end of the month) but from my experience with SG, SSF, STT, SSC, Trap Team ruined the gameplay SF made so enjoyable. Knockback, hit stun, freezing, stunning, any kind of crowd control or attempts to affect the enemy to slow them down or push them away did not work properly, and made it all a matter of hit and run, my least favorite style of brawler combat. I got flashbacks to playing the very old TMNT brawler games where the only effective attack was the dive kick or running attack, hit and run. Very poor balancing. SF had the best gameplay by introducing other ways of tacking an encounter or type of enemy, and of the games I've completed is still the one I'm most likely to return and play again.

I haven't even touched on the bosses. Screw the bosses. Some were already way too strong on hard, Nightmare often took me the majority of my collection to defeat. Kaos on Nightmare took my entire collection except for the last 2 or 3 cores I had lined up. TT... What a mess of a game balance-wise.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#13 Posted: 19:33:28 10/12/2016
Now knockback and freezing seems to be working pretty nicely(though the effects sometimes glitch out), though hitstun depends on the enemy.

Imaginators is really good at not making the enemies so competent like TT, so you can run circles around them if that's your playstyle if your character is fast enough. Definately feels closer to SF while still being fair, though dunno about Nightmare because I'm waiting for Bad Juju's price to drop(importing from Germany is kinda expensive at the moment :c ).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me