Page 1 of 1
If there is a Skylanders 7...
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 19:33:50 01/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I was originally going to wait until the end of the year to make this topic, but... Eh, it's close enough, right?
Well anyway, there's definitely a lot of uncertainty as to whether or not there will even be a seventh game, if it'll just come out next year as usual, or if they'll take a step back and rethink their practices, or if they'll just outright cancel the series...
But I figured, if, and this is a pretty big if, mind you, there is a seventh game, what are some of the things you'd like to see in it? Your hopes, expectations, and fears? And most importantly, do you think they would do everything in their power to keep the series relevant?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 19:39:49 01/12/2016
I need my ghost Skylanders, please.

Also an explanation of Imaginators' ending. While I get not following the plot since little communication, I want to know that story :U

Oh yeah, and Malefor. Please. David clearly wants Mal on the main series. Give him what he and we want.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:45:26 01/12/2016 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#3 Posted: 19:42:28 01/12/2016
a batter plot
more former villains espiclly the remining doom raiders
pet based gimmik
more skylnaders npcs
and a balance with classic and skylanders npcs
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#4 Posted: 19:51:23 01/12/2016
Hopefully ten more villains, including the remaining Doom Raiders!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#5 Posted: 19:52:09 01/12/2016
All I need to ask myself to decide if I want it:

1. Is the gimmick good?

2. Do Imaginators still work?

3. Is it something besides Skylanders Sportsball 2K17?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#6 Posted: 20:29:10 01/12/2016
More replayability value. Ideas to achieve it:

1) Level creator and online sharing: Like DI. If I could play other gamers designed levels I could stick to the game for months.

2) Online something: don't care if it's pvp, co op or missions, but it would definitely add up to the replayability.

3) Random generated dungeons

4) Global online ranking: Don't limit the rankings to your friend list, but rather to the whole network. Become a top player would be super motivating.

Other stuff I would like

5) imaginators still be playable, though it won't happen imo.

6) Stronger focus on the overall quality of the game itself rather than new characters
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#7 Posted: 22:19:38 01/12/2016
A Skylanders sports game where all characters are Kickoff Countdown.

Jk. I just want gameplay to be good. If they take a year break, fine by me.

Btw, wasn't Malefor last seen being dragged down to the infinite abyss of Skylands by a ship?
---
Soon.
#8 Posted: 22:30:02 01/12/2016
David said in the Return of the Dragon King QA even that won't do a scratch. Especially now that he has his body back, powers or no powers; he'll just come back once he gets some way of enacting his plans.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:30:40 01/12/2016 by Bifrost
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#9 Posted: 23:39:10 01/12/2016
This is what I's like to see if there's a Skylanders 7:

• More former villain Skylanders, mainly the remaining Doom Raiders.
  • Being able to put hats on the Skylanders again, including the Senseis.
  • More love for the Light and Dark elements.
  • Core Skylanders returning
  • Some reposed Skylanders that can be used in previous games. Between 8 and 16.
  • An ending that doesn't leave you feeling like you just watched the series finale of The Sopranos.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:40:49 01/12/2016 by SpcePirateMnky
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 00:15:42 02/12/2016
Quote: SpcePirateMnky
This is what I's like to see if there's a Skylanders 7:

• An ending that doesn't leave you feeling like you just watched the series finale of The Sopranos.

Nice reference here.
---
Bruh
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#11 Posted: 00:22:48 02/12/2016
  • Magic items playable again
  • Winged saphires returned
  • Chapters that are challenging on time challenges in order to get 3 stars
  • Grand admiral rank returned
  • Very few new characters and no reposed characters
  • A level creator like angelg suggested would be fantastic, where we could generate random enemies, but I would like this to be separate to the main story/chapters. Perhaps as a an area where imaginite power allows you to create your physical surroundings. I would also like to see imaginators able to be used here even if they can't be used in the rest of the game.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#12 Posted: 00:29:02 02/12/2016
assuming a 7th game is made:

a good gimmick, if they really insist on a new gimmick...personally I'd prioritize gameplay over gimmicks
more arena variety, not necessarily like SF & TT had but at least more than just the 1 arena to battle in
online co-op, especially if they can get cross platform play
make all Skylanders balanced, no more of this "make all old figures weak af to force people to buy the new ones" bs
make sure Imaginators still work, maybe even add new parts & gear ( though new gear could impact their use in Imaginators if you go back )
make magic items WORK ffs...no more of this random money crap, especially the 1 use per profile bs they pulled with Imaginators
more returning villains
a decent story...not saying I want some mature though provoking epic, just something more than random Saturday morning cartoon story
equal light & dark with the other 8 elements...sad to keep seeing them short changed
portal owner's pack...with the figures. Most of us still have at least 1 portal, we don't need more unless the new gimmick needs a new portal
if racing stays, at least balance the AI and add a few new tracks for variety....
ffs, bring back PATH SWITCHING. and keep the ability to buy upgrades anywhere.
have a randomized dungeon or 2 that you can just jump into for replay value without having to get a mission to go there
have a shop or 2 again so we have a use for our gold after fully upgrading

I'd say Malefor, but unless the 7th game is coming 2018 and they take next year off I'd prefer to see him in Skylanders 8. The reason being that 2018 is Spyro's 20th anniversary, and would be the PERFECT time to use Malefor. It would also hopefully mean reposes/all new figures of Spyro & Cynder, and I'd love to see them joined by Hunter and Bianca.
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#13 Posted: 00:40:13 02/12/2016
Okay, maybe I needed to be more specific

SKYLANDERS 7 (Vicarious Visions)
Ten more villains (Besides smilie, smilie, smilie, smilie and smilie maybe some V.V. villains like Count Moneybone, Mesmerelda and Cluck [wait, next year is the Year of the Rooster, right?])
Hopefully 8 more reposed Skylanders like in SuperChargers

SKYLANDERS 8 (Toys for Bob)
Villains can be optional this time
Maybe something smilie themed for his 20th anniversary (kind of like what happened with smilie this year).
Maybe even adding smilie as a Skylander (the trifecta will now be complete)

THINGS FOR BOTH OR EITHER GAMES
Maybe something a little special for the Light and Dark Elements
The return of Player-Versus-Player Battle Mode
More awesomeness!!
Pokemon guest stars (Just a thought)
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#14 Posted: 03:29:46 02/12/2016
I just want an awesome gimmick! I actually think sports could work, just as long as it isn't only sports and they aren't boring old sports!! Things more akin to Skylands
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#15 Posted: 03:41:23 02/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Guess I should post my wish list... Like I should've done in the first place.

• No gimmick, or if there is, something that's cool and not shoved in your face.
  • Return of 10$ Core Skylanders, since their designs don't need to be limited by the game's gimmick.
  • A better story than Imaginators had.
  • Imaginators themselves being fully playable with the creator ported over, only change being their level capped off at 20 like every other Skylander.
  • Replace arena with the return of PVP battle mode, complete with online compatibility.
  • Something to differentiate the elements other than simply character designs or attacks for Skylanders, like in-game abilities.
  • Elemental Realms return from Imaginators.
  • Something to commemorate Spyro's 20th anniversary (If it's delayed to 2018, that is).
  • More Trap Team villains as Skylanders.
  • ---
    Check this out! Please?
    Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
    #16 Posted: 08:18:17 02/12/2016
    A great story that takes some time to play and then has plenty to do when the story is complete. I happen to like the length of the SF chapters.
    10 new core characters and 10 gimmick characters that are all important to the game. And if the game is great, the gimmick and the gimmick skylanders can be taken out.
    I am not really a fan of reposes so i leave this to the decision makers. And as unpopular as this will sound, do not repose Sunburn.
    Imaginators work in the game.
    If the magic items only grant money, then how about some new ones. The chests were sold separately.
    A way for the game to know who is playing, even in co-op mode. This way stats and other stuff like kills and hits, can be tracked in arenas and in game.
    Mostly just a fun experience that lasts a while.
    ---
    "Come rang or shine"
    Still troubled by him speaking
    Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
    #17 Posted: 14:01:04 02/12/2016
    Well, it's not even 2017 yet so it might be too ear- BAH, SCREW IT!

• My number one thing here is to PLEASE GET RID OF KAOS. There are PLENTY of other great villains and I KNOW Kaos has been they're main villain for 6 years, but PLEASE! Malefor, whoever, just please have Kaos as a NPC or something. Hes been around long enough.
    • Villain Figures to return. Mesmeralda, Luminous, Pepper Jack, they should all return. The villain figures this year were really great so I would love for them to come back next year. (I WANT MY LUMINOUS FIGURE)
    • 10 reposes, but this time, put up a vote for what characters the FANS would want to return. Then we could have a say on the reposes we want, I think that would be a nice way to include fans. And have the reposes have a new moveset.
    • Story like Superchargers
    • Equal Light and Dark Characters.
    • Continue on from Imaginators, and bring Brain back, OH AND PLEASE GET RID OF FLYNN. AND BRING BACK
    • Master Cami

FROM ENCHANTED ELVEN FOREST!1
    ---
    smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
    smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
    CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
    #18 Posted: 14:32:13 02/12/2016
    here is the golden formula...

16 new, 8 variants and a total of 24 figurines, 3 adventure packs (they can put some of the variants figures in the adventure packs). 3 waves, no crappy gimmick, but a good story and good level design and puzzles. put online coop and online battle arena in the game.. thats how it should be done for the 7th game.

if they will have a break from making skylanders and release a new one first in 2018, im okay with that...
    ---
    Ha! HA, sage ich.
    TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
    #19 Posted: 18:03:51 02/12/2016
    Quote: Luminous35

Continue on from Imaginators, and bring Brain back, OH AND PLEASE GET RID OF FLYNN. AND BRING BACK
    Master Cami

FROM ENCHANTED ELVEN FOREST!1

YES. FIRE IS THE CLEANSER.
    Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
    #20 Posted: 18:26:15 02/12/2016
    Villains! Loved to see some of the bad guys return, but of course there are still some I'd like to see (Mesmeralda, Dreamcatcher, Luminous etc.).

Plot! Supercharger had a great plot and I'd love for it to be a bit more dark and emotional similar to Academy. And also Malefor, Hex is thirsting for dragon blood.

At least two new characters per Element. That includes Light & Dark! One new character is far from enough as Superchargers showed. The Imaginators roster is perfect, I would even be fine if they brought back Cores.

Make Elements important again! I loved all the chapters based on the 8 Elemets in SSA and the plot in general so I'd be very happy if Elements aren't just something to seperate characters.
    Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
    #21 Posted: 18:48:17 02/12/2016
    A skill bank. Kind of like heroic challenges or bonus missions, but where you get to decide which stat to boost without having to wear an ugly hat.

And more dragons.

And PvP!!! For the love of Eon, why is there no more PvP?!?!

And how about bringing the price down a bit?
    ---
    Any last wishes?
    #22 Posted: 19:09:15 02/12/2016
    Oh yeah, give us stuff to spend cash on. Hex is reaching the gold cap without any effort from my part help
    ---
    GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
    #23 Posted: 19:32:00 02/12/2016
    Quote: CountMoneyBone
    here is the golden formula...

16 new, 8 variants and a total of 24 figurines, 3 adventure packs (they can put some of the variants figures in the adventure packs). 3 waves, no crappy gimmick, but a good story and good level design and puzzles. put online coop and online battle arena in the game.. thats how it should be done for the 7th game.

if they will have a break from making skylanders and release a new one first in 2018, im okay with that...

So no Light and Dark characters? Because that's a total of 2 per element.
    ---
    Hahahahaha
    #24 Posted: 11:00:56 03/12/2016
    i have an idea for a spinoff game that can be between imagnitors and sky 7
    i call it "skylanders tall tales"
    as usuly you play as a skylander figure but insted of a complete plot for the entire game, the game will be made from allot of rendom levels that will be based on the skylander on the portal. meaning that every skylander will have an entire level completely focusd on the lore of him, her or them (in them i mean skylanders like smilie smilie etc...). every level will be divided to four parts: three noraml parts and the fourth is a boss fight.

i konw its not on the topic but we need to think on the option that mabey they will made some sort of spin off game between games.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:03:11 03/12/2016 by omer1698
    diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
    #25 Posted: 13:00:07 03/12/2016
    As cool of a game as that'd be, it would definitely take quite a few years to make a level based on each character...
    IAS COOL Yellow Sparx Gems: 1207
    #26 Posted: 01:29:09 04/12/2016
    i need skylanders youtubers, where only youtubers are skylanders!
    ---
    a psychopath robot with chainsaws, watch out, kaos!
    #27 Posted: 01:43:30 04/12/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: IAS COOL

- - -
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
    #28 Posted: 01:39:26 06/12/2016
    It's hard to say, but I think they (Activision/TFB/VV) should make a small break.

Every year it will be the same: first the figures and the gimmick and then the game. Thereby it should be conversely. I think the open world from Imaginators was a step in the right direction, and they should make it more like Diablo with random areas, dungeons, quests, etc. and that every new game would expand the open world experience. So that the story mode wil be just a small part of the new games.

Or to put in another way: If Acti want to earn every year 200 and more bucks for the Starter, the new characters, etc., they must make a 200 bucks game. Then software sells hardware.

I like the games very much, everyone in one's own way, but I miss this feeling from SSA and SG, where we buy new characters because we want to buy some new characters, and not since SF, where we must buy every year new characters.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:40:04 06/12/2016 by Jeriba
    Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
    #29 Posted: 04:26:09 06/12/2016
    I need my Chef Pepper Jack figure smilie
    ---
    Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
    TotalEclipsePro Green Sparx Gems: 469
    #30 Posted: 15:10:32 06/12/2016
    Quote: AdamGregory03
    Quote: IAS COOL

- - -

I might be ok with it if they made chaacters for good tubers such as SMG4 himself. Who am I kidding? SkyDad would be the main characters and TDM would be the other starter... this is an awful idea. NEVER LET ACTI FIND THIS POST!
    ---
    Galactic. Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Plasma. Skull.

Team Flare never happened!
    MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
    #31 Posted: 12:40:40 08/12/2016
    So, my dumb ideas-
    -Please buff classics. I want to have Flameslinger murder everyone again. I have a need.
    -More villians! Please, I want to finally play as Luminous and Nightshade. Pepper Jack would be so cool too.
    -Smaller/cheaper Landers. I love the detail on Senseis but they're too expensive and they're taking up like a quarter of my storage space.
    -Light/Dark being equal to other elements.
    -If there's a new gimmick, make the gimmicklanders like Trap Masters and Senseis and be a little OP. Unpopular opinion but there's something really satisfying about the glowing weapon buff/Sky-Chi wiping the floor.
    -Strong NPC characterization. Please. I want to yell at people about NPCs you see in like one level like with Mesmerelda.
    -No non-Lander gimmick things.
    -Interesting story. Maybe like Supercharger's darker story or the sheer ridiculousness like Trap Team's cheese as a plot point.
    -Arena. I love RNG and I love the preset ones. Just let me go murder Drow in droves.
    ---
    "KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
    #32 Posted: 12:47:14 08/12/2016
    I approve another person that appreciates the TT cheese. Imaginators went too overboard, and while TT had some dumb moments of 'hey let's point this obvious thing out aren't we clever', dumb awesome events are still awesome.
    ---
    Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
    #33 Posted: 15:32:26 08/12/2016
    i think we may need to start looking to end the series to be honest with you.
    I think if there is a Skylander 7 or beyond they are really going to start needing to forget the "gimmick" or make less of it. Think only 1 New skylander per element. I want a super long game with online and a battle mode. Currently there is too much to collect for each game and playing with old skylanders is just too limiting.

But what I mean by ending the series I really think the best option right now would be to do a Updated Remake of SSA, Giants, SF, TT and SC give the puzzles a few tweaks a few elemental zones for dark and lights and all current skylanders playable. Put all games in one package, So now our skylander collection still has value and can have a nice long adventure and considering SF people still have a battle mode again.
    Programming all those new skylanders into the games probably is more time then they want to invest though but like i said it guarantees a value in the skylanders collection. But if the series just ended on one game then all our favorite skylanders from that game only have one adventure we can send them on.
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:35:40 08/12/2016 by Street50
    HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
    #34 Posted: 15:38:47 08/12/2016
    Yeah, if I could just get a remake of SSA and Giants, packaged with updated versions of SF, TT and SSC that allow me to play as ALL Skylanders, then I'd be more than happy. I could use Riptide in Perilous Pastures, Kaos in Kaos' Kastle and I'd be 99.99% satisfied.
    ---
    Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
    #35 Posted: 15:49:49 08/12/2016
    i personliy rather see the series not ending and reaching immortality with all the other graet video game franchises, but it will not hurt to emotionally prepere my self to the end.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:55 08/12/2016 by omer1698
    Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
    #36 Posted: 16:31:01 08/12/2016
    Quote: omer1698
    i personliy rather see the series not ending and reaching immortality with all the other graet video game franchises, but it will not hurt to emotionally prepere my self to the end.

i think the biggest problem you have with trying to keep the series going is Activision.
    #37 Posted: 16:33:37 08/12/2016
    Quote: Street50
    Quote: omer1698

i think the biggest problem you have with trying to keep the series going is Activision.

no doubting that, those greedy Mother****ers will defeindly kill the game even if after christmas the sells will be batter then all the other games combined.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    #38 Posted: 17:06:38 08/12/2016 | Topic Creator
    To be honest I too would be totally okay with just remaking Spyro's Adventure in HD, especially if it means bringing back some of it's features like the battle mode and Heroic Challenges.

I can even kind of see them doing that for Spyro's anniversary, assuming the series lasts long enough to celebrate it.
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    #39 Posted: 17:11:16 08/12/2016
    i imagined that for spyro birthday they will repose spyro and cynder, they will be called "dragon blast spyro" and "dragon fury cynder".
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    MagnaSurge Yellow Sparx Gems: 1045
    #40 Posted: 00:34:35 09/12/2016
    From the Enchanted Forest expansion pack, I'm wondering if Skylanders 7's gimmick will be a super hero theme. I only bring this up because there is a picture of Stealth Elf in super hero clothing in the area where you smash Torgo's boxes. This is so randomly placed it makes me question what the purpose of picture is. Is it Torgo's possible crush on Stealth Elf? The Elven village sees Stealth Elf as a super hero because she's a Skylander? A hint towards Skylanders 7? A super hero gimmick would be too predictable and lazy to bring into the series, but it still makes me wonder. Sorry in advance if the picture was already brought up in another topic.
    ---
    - I want Tara Strong to voice my waifu.
    - Ashi will forever remain in my heart. :'c
    #41 Posted: 01:00:22 09/12/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: MagnaSurge
    From the Enchanted Forest expansion pack, I'm wondering if Skylanders 7's gimmick will be a super hero theme. I only bring this up because there is a picture of Stealth Elf in super hero clothing in the area where you smash Torgo's boxes. This is so randomly placed it makes me question what the purpose of picture is. Is it Torgo's possible crush on Stealth Elf? The Elven village sees Stealth Elf as a super hero because she's a Skylander? A hint towards Skylanders 7? A super hero gimmick would be too predictable and lazy to bring into the series, but it still makes me wonder. Sorry in advance if the picture was already brought up in another topic.

I thought that picture was just of her when she was younger, like how there's a portrait of Pop Fizz as a baby in Fizzland.
    ---
    Check this out! Please?
    #42 Posted: 06:11:23 09/12/2016
    Im preety sure that the skylanders are count as super heroes.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    ShadowThePika Red Sparx Gems: 57
    #43 Posted: 18:30:30 09/12/2016
    they need to follow the lego dimensions formula; build off the same core game. Just do what they did for giants; make a Portal Owners pack and give the people who already have everything an easier pill to swallow. Or, make a free expansion that supports new figures. One of the biggest things hurting skylanders is too much being released at one time, too consistently, so it wears people out on buying. Activision seems to continue the "bigger the better" mindset, instead of trying to downsize. Imaginators feels like a good first step in the right direction, but the next game needs to further those design ideas. (although is TfB isn't making it, then it'll probably be a tonal mismash like it is every year)

TfB and VV need to come to a uniform conclusion on what they want for this franchise; it feels like VV wants to continue to innovate in the figures and actual toy gimmicks, while TfB seem to push the universe and expand the universe in a more natural way.

They should also try to do more to reward veteran skylander players who have the older toys, instead of making them feel like they HAVE to get the new stuff to fully enjoy it. This isn't just me being cheap; it makes the individual game stand more on it's own, and will allow the audience to feel like they are VALUED customers, buying products they can hang onto for a long time.

If they just released a game using the imaginators portal and engine, with only a small selection of new skylanders, but a broader focus on the gameplay and story, it could work out. It's also alot easier to get parents to buy, say, 8 $9.99 skylanders, than 20+ $14.99 skylanders. They need to do more like the Master Eon's Elites, but make the prices really affordable. Get new players to want to pick up their favorite Skylanders from the show (Eruptor, Spyro, Gill Grunt, etc.) and the cutscenes in the newest game. cramming more figures into each game is not going to help.

Also, they can continue to sell imaginator crystals, and make more upgrade possibilities with another game with the same gimmick
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me