darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > If Skylanders is ending, what do you think will happen to TfB and VV?
Page 1 of 1
If Skylanders is ending, what do you think will happen to TfB and VV?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#1 Posted: 16:38:32 01/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Skylanders is their baby, so it truly ending could hurt both.

We know VV has the Crash remasters coming up and they could work on any future Crash games, but what about TfB??

TfB hasn't worked on much besides Skylanders and a few movie video games in the past decade or so and we have no idea what else they could do at the current moment and I fear they might even be closed down, hell I think it's possible VV could be closed down too. I love both of these companies and them kicking the bucket would be horrible.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2 Posted: 16:43:10 01/12/2016
you are right, we completly forgot what the end of skylanders will do to vv and tfb.
skylanders is there biggest Financial income, if the franchise will die it can be catastrophic for both companeis.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#3 Posted: 16:47:24 01/12/2016
V.V will be fine as long as they're making Crash games, but Toys for Bob? I feel sorry for them smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 17:07:16 01/12/2016
TFB losing their franchise? Layoff or moved to other teams, or once again throwaway team.If it really comes to it, I hope they make the right choice, because it'll most likely be back to shovelware after this.

VV is really versatile and could probably be put on other projects, but I do hope that everything goes fine for the more "uncessary" jobs outside of Skylanders, since they have multiple character designers and writers. David has his tabletop games and webcomics so he should be fine, at least.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 18:16:04 01/12/2016
VV will probably be all right. Skylanders isn't the only thing they've worked on. Plus if the Crash remakes do well that'll bump them up.

But TFB on the other hand, Skylanders is pretty much the only thing they've worked on. So unless they have any other plans then they'll probably go out of business.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#6 Posted: 23:54:34 01/12/2016
Activision's usual MO is to move developers to assisting with CoD games and then shutting them down not long after. Very depressing smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#7 Posted: 00:56:02 02/12/2016
As well as the Crash remasters, VV is reportedly working on the PC port of Destiny 2.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#8 Posted: 00:58:10 02/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darkling183
As well as the Crash remasters, VV is reportedly working on the PC port of Destiny 2.

VV is a large studio, from what I know and they can handle multiple games at one time, so it is still possible that they are/were working on Sky 7.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#9 Posted: 01:05:38 02/12/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
VV is a large studio, from what I know and they can handle multiple games at one time, so it is still possible that they are/were working on Sky 7.

I just mentioned the Destiny 2 port to show that the studio has work for the time being, so hopefully no jobs are in danger there.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#10 Posted: 05:04:14 02/12/2016
TFB may start working on a new IP with a similar target audience as Skylanders.
---
bye
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#11 Posted: 01:31:41 03/12/2016
was it TFB or Activision that approached Nintendo with the idea of Skylanders?
DreamTeam Yellow Sparx Gems: 1503
#12 Posted: 01:32:41 03/12/2016
THEY WOULD PLUMMIT TO THERE DEATH
---
i dont know what else to say, xox
Also i dont really care for skylanders anymore
#13 Posted: 01:34:59 03/12/2016
Quote: Street50
was it TFB or Activision that approached Nintendo with the idea of Skylanders?

I don't know the article anymore, but I think Acti wanted a partnership, kinda like Rayman Legends's first trailer with the RFID plushies which also got turned down in favor of touch screen.
---
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5794
#14 Posted: 02:11:17 03/12/2016
Perhaps TfB can make Spyro games [outside of Skylanders], give the purple Dragon a proper revival along side his marsupial brother?

There is always hope, as well, that Skylanders could continue as a regular game franchise, and just drop the TtL aspect. I know it wouldn't be the same, but honestly...

I think I'd rather see skylanders go down that path then end entirely. I do care for a majority of these characters, especially from the SSA to SSW era. As for lore, maybe Eon, with the help of Hugo, the Kaos Clone, and all us portal masters, properly found a way to permanently send the skylanders back to skylands...
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#15 Posted: 02:50:01 12/12/2016
I'm thinking TfB probably starts working on another franchise or new IP, or maybe ends up dissolving altogether (with the employees hopefully finding other work)

VV is probably still good for a while, considering they could easily work on other games and already have a few known projects going on (Crash remaster, Destiny 2, and whatever they may be working on for the future.)
---
Purple dragon.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 11:46:37 12/12/2016
TfB was fine before Skylanders, they made so much money with it, they won't go bankrupt for quite some time.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#17 Posted: 12:36:00 12/12/2016
Quote: Kevin16
TfB was fine before Skylanders, they made so much money with it, they won't go bankrupt for quite some time.

"Fine"? You didn't see their lineup, did you? They did shovelware for years after losing the Star Control IP and I bet they didn't have half their team until they got called in for Skylanders.
---
#18 Posted: 12:41:57 12/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost

"Fine"? You didn't see their lineup, did you? They did shovelware for years after losing the Star Control IP and I bet they didn't have half their team until they got called in for Skylanders.

skylanders was thier biggest game, to be honest how many people heard about tfb before skylanders? if it will be the end, they might get serioues damage becuse of it.
which is a shame becuse they can make good games but offcourse acti are probobly not even care that tfb might lose everything from the Cancellation.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#19 Posted: 12:50:45 12/12/2016
Again, their previous thing was Star Control, almost two decades ago. After they lost the IP, it was just Paul Reiche because of his work on it and D&D roots; the team itself was just another shovelware creator.
---
#20 Posted: 12:52:39 12/12/2016
well my point is that if skylanders end it will not end well for toys for bob.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#21 Posted: 13:17:50 12/12/2016
Vicarious Visions seems to be finding other projects, so I don't expect a bad future for them, at least, not as bad as it would be if they were left empty handed after skylanders.

As for TfB, I really don't know. I still believe they may have started working in sky7, but if that wasn't the case, they better start looking for other projects they might fit in, otherwise it doesn't look good.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#22 Posted: 18:34:12 14/12/2016
Again, their previous thing was Star Control, almost two decades ago. After they lost the IP, it was just Paul Reiche because of his work on it and D&D roots; the team itself was just another shovelware creator.

They did make the Madagascar games tho, which where succesfull
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#23 Posted: 18:43:35 14/12/2016

They did make the Madagascar games tho, which where succesfull

I liked those, even if they were shovelware.
---
Bruh
#24 Posted: 19:06:20 14/12/2016
Shovelware tying in to sucessful movies is usually going to sell alright. That's why companies just shovel them in with minimal budget. But "any" team can make them in the eyes of the higher ups, so it makes the dev team expendable - that's why it's good to have an IP tied to them, it's a special game only they can make right(even when they don't).
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#25 Posted: 20:11:36 14/12/2016
Quote: SoulfulWolf
Perhaps TfB can make Spyro games [outside of Skylanders], give the purple Dragon a proper revival along side his marsupial brother?

There is always hope, as well, that Skylanders could continue as a regular game franchise, and just drop the TtL aspect. I know it wouldn't be the same, but honestly...

I think I'd rather see skylanders go down that path then end entirely. I do care for a majority of these characters, especially from the SSA to SSW era. As for lore, maybe Eon, with the help of Hugo, the Kaos Clone, and all us portal masters, properly found a way to permanently send the skylanders back to skylands...

And still have support for TTL stuff if you want to use them?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#26 Posted: 02:31:07 19/12/2016
I want a new Star Control game!

...Meh, not really. Still, I do kind of wish Toys for Bob still owned that franchise. I actually wouldn't mind seeing what TfB would do if they tried to bring back their original franchise.

Quote: SoulfulWolf

I kind of wouldn't mind seeing Thumpback star in a game involving Frightbeard and the Phantom Tide. Playing Skylanders Giants 3DS, I was kind of disappointed that, despite having ties to the villains of the game, that he got no real mention. I suppose they didn't want to play favorites, but I still think if would have been cool to see Thumpback and the Phantom Tide connected in the game's story.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:35:30 19/12/2016 by MugoUrth
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me