Forum

Spyro: A Hero's Tail

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The best game? [CLOSED]
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#1 Posted: 17:35:01 31/01/2009 | Topic Creator
Does anyone else think this is the best game in the Spyro series? I only just got it yesterday but I have been addicted to it. It's awesome and I don't see why a lot of people can hate it.
also the Dragon Village music is so good!
supermalefor Green Sparx Gems: 148
#2 Posted: 17:37:37 31/01/2009
Well, I dont have it, but my fav in the original series is YotD.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#3 Posted: 18:50:24 31/01/2009
Well, it isn't the BEST in my opinion....but its still awesome!!
spyrofan_ Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#4 Posted: 18:56:11 31/01/2009
my best game is tlos series smilie they are just the bestsmilie
---
my Deviantart profile: http://spyroexpert.deviantart.com/
#5 Posted: 23:04:24 31/01/2009 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrofan_
my best game is tlos series smilie they are just the bestsmilie

Why is that?

This game rules maaaan.
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#6 Posted: 00:36:17 01/02/2009
umm no DOTD is better...plus it keeps eraseing my data!!!
---
This old place has changed too much
#7 Posted: 00:48:35 01/02/2009 | Topic Creator
That's blasphemy. Heck I don't even class the newest games as Spyro games. There is no connection, it's obvious they wanted to make a new series but decided to slap the well-known Spyro name on it just to get more buyers.

Why do you think DOTD is better?
Ice Bane Emerald Sparx Gems: 3193
#8 Posted: 01:03:54 01/02/2009
I hated the ending in a hero's tail........ total let down....... but it had good game play..
---
Facti sunt tenebrae et lux
#9 Posted: 01:28:24 01/02/2009 | Topic Creator
I haven't actually beaten the game yet... I just whooped Ineptune earlier but already it instantly became my top Spyro game. This game defines Spyro and why I love it.
#10 Posted: 01:30:23 01/02/2009
I HATE THE ENDING!!!! i won't spoil it though... but there sin't much to spoil...
---
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#11 Posted: 01:38:29 01/02/2009
Quote: dingodile555
That's blasphemy. Heck I don't even class the newest games as Spyro games. There is no connection, it's obvious they wanted to make a new series but decided to slap the well-known Spyro name on it just to get more buyers.

That is a LONG list! Ill list a few...

1. Better graphics
2. You can fly.
3. Cynder dosnt sound like a boy when you play as her. (Ember does) And that's all I'm going to list. smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#12 Posted: 14:46:15 01/02/2009

Just because Spyro changed doesn't mean he's not Spyro.

I never used to put capitals or full stops in my sentences. Does that mean I'm not Tango anymore?
#13 Posted: 16:35:21 01/02/2009 | Topic Creator
That's besides the point. It's obvious to me that they wanted to create a new fantasy dragon series. But oh look, we already have one. Here's Spyro. Slap his name on it and throw him into the game as the main star, and since a lot of people know about him they'll buy more of the game.

What I mean is, it was never intended to be like Spyro and that's why I don't like it. It's just like a whole different series, there are no connections beside a purple dragon breathing elemental attacks.

This game stays true to the roots of Spyro and is a great game in itself. The Legend games are dull, boring and rely too heavily on repetitive combat. Why can't we just flame an enemy or ram his gnarly butt anymore? No, we have to throw him into the air, do a dance and put on a pointless fireworks display.
They intentionally try to make the plot very complicated yet it's really a lot of nonsense. It's the exact opposite of what Spyro is. From the originals to TLOS:

Bright - Dark
Fun - Boring
Cheerful - Depressing

Great - Mediocre
#14 Posted: 03:40:20 03/02/2009
a hero's tail.. (the worst in the origanal sage in my opinion) made spyro wayyyyyyy to stuck up........... he was sort of snotty..... the ending was not sadisfying.. WHAT HAPPENS TO SPYRO AFTERWARDS!!!???? As far as i'm concerend the new series is just as good (if not a little better). when The new company took the name Spyro and and made Enter the dragon Fly ( which was okay) and then made A hero's tail (the WROST SPYRO GAME EVER) they ruined it....... the new series had a good story.. good gameplay... and a stadisfying ending! This is not a byist opinion... i've been playing our Purple dragon's games ever since 1998 ( when he first came out) and i still play to this day!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:42:40 03/02/2009 by Ice Bane
#15 Posted: 18:12:47 03/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Equinox made ETD. Eurocom made AHT. Two different companies.
#16 Posted: 19:24:45 03/02/2009
That's besides the point. It's obvious to me that they wanted to create a new fantasy dragon series. But oh look, we already have one. Here's Spyro. Slap his name on it and throw him into the game as the main star, and since a lot of people know about him they'll buy more of the game.

What I mean is, it was never intended to be like Spyro and that's why I don't like it. It's just like a whole different series, there are no connections beside a purple dragon breathing elemental attacks.

This game stays true to the roots of Spyro and is a great game in itself. The Legend games are dull, boring and rely too heavily on repetitive combat. Why can't we just flame an enemy or ram his gnarly butt anymore? No, we have to throw him into the air, do a dance and put on a pointless fireworks display.
They intentionally try to make the plot very complicated yet it's really a lot of nonsense. It's the exact opposite of what Spyro is. From the originals to TLOS:

Bright - Dark
Fun - Boring
Cheerful - Depressing

Great - Mediocre

Yeah...

So if I where to be REALLY nice and be polite and start liking Crash more than Spyro. Would that make me a different person? No. I would still be the same old Tango that everyone hates.

Same with Spyro. e was nice and friendly but stuborn, now he is serious, a little boring and does whatever he's told.
But he's still Spyro. He always will be. Even if they turn him into a human and make Cynder into a purple bunny.
#17 Posted: 22:02:33 03/02/2009
for the record i don't hate tango.. she is just voicing her opinion.
---
#18 Posted: 17:27:50 04/02/2009 | Topic Creator
I don't think you quite get it.
Malefor0001 Gold Sparx Gems: 2365
#19 Posted: 17:11:33 05/02/2009
I don't think its the best evr. I think DOTD/ TEN/ ANB are the best in mah opinion but it's still a kewl game.
---
“The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century!”
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#20 Posted: 22:53:57 07/02/2009

Bright - Dark
Fun - Boring
Cheerful - Depressing

Great - Mediocre

Thats what I think about TLOS! *gives cookie* But I also don't like it because off the button mashing. Also, the MANE MANE reason I don't like it is because Spyro is suposed to be a cute, nice, stuborn, little purple dragon that saves the world from evil. Not this cool, boring, seriuse large purple dragon that has a girlfriend (Points to DOTD). Also, the games are suposed to be bright, happy and even 3 year olds can play it. Now its dark, spocky, short story, sad ending in TEN, and the ending in DOTD wasn't even all that good and so was TEN's ending. And you say that this game's ending was bad!?!? The only thing good about the game is the grapics. There was hardly any puzzles, just brainlessly smash buttons. The only reason why I now think they should continue TLOS is because I think after ETD came out, Spyro started to clime down the tree a bit. TLOS saved Spyro and he is now climing back up the tree. If they would go back to the originals now, then he would just go back down again. And there are too many TLOS fans so if they go back, there wouldn't be hardly any Spyro fans left.... And I wouldn't really care about TLOS if they made it like DOTD. I'm only giving out my opieon so please don't start to argue with me.

And I agree, AHT was the best original game! smilie The only thing I didn't like is the Speedways. I can't get 100% because off them...
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#21 Posted: 03:23:09 08/02/2009
Does anyone else think this is the best game in the Spyro series? I only just got it yesterday but I have been addicted to it. It's awesome and I don't see why a lot of people can hate it.
also the Dragon Village music is so good!

I wouldn't say that, but it is a very good game.
#22 Posted: 03:52:16 13/02/2009
I said it once and i'll say it again!

Quote: Ice Bane
a hero's tail.. (the worst in the origanal sage in my opinion) made spyro wayyyyyyy to stuck up........... he was sort of snotty..... the ending was not sadisfying.. WHAT HAPPENS TO SPYRO AFTERWARDS!!!???? As far as i'm concerend the new series is just as good (if not a little better). when The new company took the name Spyro and and made Enter the dragon Fly ( which was okay) and then made A hero's tail (the WROST SPYRO GAME EVER) they ruined it....... the new series had a good story.. good gameplay... and a stadisfying ending! This is not a byist opinion... i've been playing our Purple dragon's games ever since 1998 ( when he first came out) and i still play to this day!
---
DarkFlame Green Sparx Gems: 115
#23 Posted: 06:01:21 13/02/2009
best game in series? yes.
Dragongirl Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#24 Posted: 21:28:50 22/03/2009
I like this game better then TLOS and i also like STD,SRR,YOTD and ETD.
I never say this but i agree with dingodile555 i don't like TLOS.And it would be nice if they make a sequel to AHT spyro is nice in this game A hero's tail IS the best original spyro game.So don't argue me THE END!!!
Flamentah Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#25 Posted: 02:55:05 24/03/2009
I haven't really played this game and I don't have a solid fav
---
Artists create the Beauty Musicians create the Melody Dancers create Grace so what do you create?
#26 Posted: 23:37:35 24/03/2009 | Topic Creator

Are you a nut? Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail were NOT made by the same company. And if you mean publisher, it's the same one all along, just different names and subsidiaries and stuff.
Also there's no god damn way that ETD is "okay" to A Hero's Tail. As for Spyro's character, Eurocom actually gave him an interesting personality that he lacks in every other game. They may have changed some things but don't fuss over them, they did it for the better.

As for the new series... The story is nothing but generic. A 10 year old could have made this plot, and thrown in a load of complicated words he found in the dictionary. The gameplay in the new series is simply just repetitive and boring, nothing which made Spyro so unique and fun. And as for a "stadisfying ending", whatever that means...
Flamentah Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#27 Posted: 01:03:09 25/03/2009

Are you a nut? Enter the Dragonfly and A Hero's Tail were NOT made by the same company. And if you mean publisher, it's the same one all along, just different names and subsidiaries and stuff.
Also there's no god damn way that ETD is "okay" to A Hero's Tail. As for Spyro's character, Eurocom actually gave him an interesting personality that he lacks in every other game. They may have changed some things but don't fuss over them, they did it for the better.

As for the new series... The story is nothing but generic. A 10 year old could have made this plot, and thrown in a load of complicated words he found in the dictionary. The gameplay in the new series is simply just repetitive and boring, nothing which made Spyro so unique and fun. And as for a "stadisfying ending", whatever that means...

I like the new series but the games went too quick. They were too easy, the original Spyro games actually gave a challenge. I haven't played Hero's Tail yet, my friend is borrowing my copy of the game. I like all the Spyro Games for PS/PS2. Don't really like GBA games..
---
Artists create the Beauty Musicians create the Melody Dancers create Grace so what do you create?
Dragongirl Blue Sparx Gems: 946
#28 Posted: 21:05:23 25/03/2009
Hey guys i was kidding what i said about TLOS ,it rocks.But that doesn't mean that i hate the original spyro games they're OK but i kinda like TLOS better
black dragon Ripto Gems: 2470
#29 Posted: 22:21:12 29/03/2009
I like this game best. smilie
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#30 Posted: 22:35:42 02/04/2009
Quote: black dragon
I like this game best. smilie

i might have liked it the best..if it would stop erasing my data. smilie wich rlly gets annoying..............
#31 Posted: 23:04:12 02/04/2009
blah, this game is the second worst, first of all it keeps earseing my data!!!!!!!!! so i can get a 100% and bam it is gone in a second, two spyro was a snotty brat. it would have been higher but those two things made spyro look bad, the only good thing about this game, ember, flame,hunter that was it
---
#32 Posted: 13:24:43 05/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Uhh what? The game is only bad because you disliked Spyro's personality and you got owned by a glitch? LAAAAAME.

They actually bothered to give Spyro an interesting personality in this game which he lacks in every other game. Eurocom are the best game developer in existence and it puts every other Spyro game to shame, in my opinion.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#33 Posted: 19:37:36 05/04/2009
The top game to me is YotD, but this is my second favorite!

I like the fact that Eurocom treid to resurrect the charm and cute feel of the originals in this one. I know they didn't exactly succeed, but the character models, graphics, and everything are just so uplifting!
#34 Posted: 20:41:21 05/04/2009
Quote: cynder21
blah, this game is the second worst, first of all it keeps earseing my data!!!!!!!!! so i can get a 100% and bam it is gone in a second, two spyro was a snotty brat. it would have been higher but those two things made spyro look bad, the only good thing about this game, ember, flame,hunter that was it

I solved that glitch. Get a new memory card, and make sure t exit PROPERBLY when leaving the game. Don't save and then turn off the console by the button. Works for me.

Spyro was a little snooty, which I didn't like, but at least he didn't obay every order just because people say it's his destiny like in DOTD>

"Spyro, go put this in the bin, it's you destiny!"
IceStar Gold Sparx Gems: 2186
#35 Posted: 01:55:21 06/04/2009
I Love and adore Spyro: A Hero's Tail it's an amazing game with great graphics and exciting stuff.
#36 Posted: 15:23:23 07/04/2009
Uhh what? The game is only bad because you disliked Spyro's personality and you got owned by a glitch? LAAAAAME.

They actually bothered to give Spyro an interesting personality in this game which he lacks in every other game. Eurocom are the best game developer in existence and it puts every other Spyro game to shame, in my opinion.

yes your opinion in mine, i never said i didn't like it, it is just so annoying, i like it but i don't love it, like i said annoying, and what planet do you live on, have you even played the insomniac games? Insomniac games are ten times better. now if you hate their games and olike this one better, oh how did you phase it? LAAAAAME.
---
#37 Posted: 20:26:58 07/04/2009
Quote: cynder21

yes your opinion in mine, i never said i didn't like it, it is just so annoying, i like it but i don't love it, like i said annoying, and what planet do you live on, have you even played the insomniac games? Insomniac games are ten times better. now if you hate their games and olike this one better, oh how did you phase it? LAAAAAME.

Opinion
#38 Posted: 20:27:41 07/04/2009 | Topic Creator
Different people have different tastes you know. But I HAVE played the Insomniac games and while I do have a lot of respect for them and agree that they are excellent games, I personally prefer this one. I don't hate any Spyro games, I just don't like the recent LOS ones because they have absolutely no relation to the Spyro I've known, they're dull, tedious and just not fun or interesting at all.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#39 Posted: 09:06:13 09/04/2009
When compared to EtD, AHT is a great game. When compared to any other Spyro game... I can see why some people like it, but I was bored silly by most of it and wound up making my own fun by paying attention to the bad voice acting and what it implied about the characters (Zoe is drunk, Spyro is drunk and angry, Hunter is a jerk and way too full of himself... smilie).

I did like Teena, the Ice Princess, Amp, and Red, though. The game would have been much better if they'd left the Spyro characters out and just used their own characters. AHT's original critters were fun.

But, as you said, different tastes for different folks. I'm sure there are other people out there who like AHT the best. smilie It's more fun to actually play than the newer games, at least.
#40 Posted: 21:31:16 09/04/2009
Different people have different tastes you know. But I HAVE played the Insomniac games and while I do have a lot of respect for them and agree that they are excellent games, I personally prefer this one. I don't hate any Spyro games, I just don't like the recent LOS ones because they have absolutely no relation to the Spyro I've known, they're dull, tedious and just not fun or interesting at all.

didn't i say it was your opinion? oh well, i started playing it again and wasn't feeling it, though don't think i am one of those crazy legend of spyro is better than all the other spyro games type of person, one thing that did annoy me was all the little side activities were the same.
---
#41 Posted: 23:03:08 13/04/2009
AHT is something I guess Crash fans would get easily drawn to. Like Crash Bandicoot games, this game is cute and lighthearted.
#42 Posted: 16:46:02 14/04/2009 | Topic Creator
I see it as a kind of counterpart to Crash Twinsanity. They're similar games. Both were faithful to the original games in their series but added new ideas to make it the best game (in my opinion) in both of the series. Not to mention there's a TS trailer in AHT and Spyro appears in his AHT model in Twinsanity. AH I loved the Crash/Spyro connection.
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#43 Posted: 20:11:45 14/04/2009
It's better than the Legend of Shi... I mean Spyro series, but the PSOne Classics beat it. I think it's the fourth best Spyro game, but then again, there aren't a lot of "good" Spyro games, only 6/13 games were good.
#44 Posted: 23:39:40 14/04/2009
ahh spyro and crash, not right ( again i disagree)
---
#45 Posted: 01:49:43 15/04/2009
You have no appriciation for a good crossover, do you?
#46 Posted: 21:43:27 16/04/2009
smilie nope i don't smilie never did like him ( not looking for a fight)
---
#47 Posted: 00:59:43 21/04/2009
It's instinctive for me to start fights with people who flame CB, especially the ones who don't give a reason.
#48 Posted: 19:00:59 22/04/2009
i played the games simply don't like him and crash is weird and annoying, i have gave him a chance :/ wow poor grammer on my part
---
#49 Posted: 00:13:16 24/04/2009
Darn strait poor grammar!
#50 Posted: 20:44:49 24/04/2009
yeah and i was too lazy to fix it smilie anyway i just don't like it when games mix anyway
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me