darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 15 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#701 Posted: 02:11:45 06/01/2017
Everything must end eventually. So long as I can complete my Imaginators section on my shelf, I'll be fine. Waiting on Tidepool, Ro-Bow, the final dark crystal (has the same case as the starter pack one), and the triangle tech crystal. Though I won't miss dropping so much money on one game haha.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#702 Posted: 02:17:30 06/01/2017
I'm with GinjaNinja, Skylanders had like 6 games, thats way more than i originally thought it would get. I really don't mind this series dying, it had a good run and even tho i totally dislike Imaginators, it went down with a great game (well according to many fans it was great) in my opinion the real reason why this game is dying and getting so much hate is that they raise the price so much, heck these characters used to cost only 7 euros and that was an amazing price but out of the sudden they are 17 euros? heck no wonder nobody buys them anymore.

But what did you guys expect? even Skylanders has to stop one day and besides, the games wouldn't get any better if they kept rushing them every year soooo....
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:18:42 06/01/2017 by Kevin16
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#703 Posted: 02:43:28 06/01/2017
I've been loyal to this game since SSA it makes me well sad to see everyone.
Like this the game did have it long 6 years. Even if I moved on from this game I still enjoy the games.
But some just need get to an end sadly my opinion.

There kinda running out of ideas lately and well there kinda milking it no offense to you all skylanders fans.
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:48:51 06/01/2017 by sky-dragon
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#704 Posted: 02:46:20 06/01/2017
Quote: Crash10
VV was working on Skylanders 7. They must be the ones who know if it's cancelled or not.

it would be interesting to research what was being made to the next game by VV before it got cancelled. Just a suggestion. Dunno, I think it would be interesting and stuff.

It seems highly unlikely that VV was working on the 2017 game, given that they have two high-profile projects currently in the works.

A more likely (if unconfirmed) scenario would be that TFB was working on the 2017 game and Activision pulled the plug on it (and the studio). However, the information that several key staff had already left the studio makes it harder to put together a coherent picture of what might have been going on at TFB.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#705 Posted: 02:50:46 06/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
VV was working on Skylanders 7. They must be the ones who know if it's cancelled or not.

it would be interesting to research what was being made to the next game by VV before it got cancelled. Just a suggestion. Dunno, I think it would be interesting and stuff.

It seems highly unlikely that VV was working on the 2017 game, given that they have two high-profile projects currently in the works.

A more likely (if unconfirmed) scenario would be that TFB was working on the 2017 game and Activision pulled the plug on it (and the studio). However, the information that several key staff had already left the studio makes it harder to put together a coherent picture of what might have been going on at TFB.

Yeah, but Liam said that the game was in the works before getting cancelled. So I dunno...
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:51:00 06/01/2017 by Crash10
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#706 Posted: 02:58:28 06/01/2017
Yeah, but Liam said that the game was in the works before getting cancelled. So I dunno...

He never said it was in the works at VV, though. We don't know who was making it. And VV seems unlikely since they're busy with other projects at the moment.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#707 Posted: 03:03:39 06/01/2017
Quote: Kevin16
in my opinion the real reason why this game is dying and getting so much hate is that they raise the price so much, heck these characters used to cost only 7 euros and that was an amazing price but out of the sudden they are 17 euros? heck no wonder nobody buys them anymore.

Put an SSA figure beside a Sensei figure and the price increase will make more sense.
---
bye
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#708 Posted: 03:07:49 06/01/2017
Honestly I'm good with Skylanders ending as I have 6 games worth of fun and at least 300 figures to enjoy. It's a ton of fun retro to go back to every now and then. Plus I'll probably spend the next 6 years trying to collect each figure that I still need used from garage sales and where ever else to keep me occupied in the franchise.

And It's not like I don't have a few hundred other video games to play that I've collected over the years. Plus there is a new Jrpg out every month it seems for me to play. I'll die before I'm able to play all the games I own. LOL

But for now, I'll be content if I can get my Tidepool and Heartbreaker BuckShot and let the series wrap up I'm pretty sure it'll be back someday in some form. I'm old, so I've seen series come and go, come and go. I'm not really sad at all, it's all a part of a game/toy series life.
---
Stay Cool!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#709 Posted: 03:08:09 06/01/2017
Quote: newkill
in my opinion the real reason why this game is dying and getting so much hate is that they raise the price so much, heck these characters used to cost only 7 euros and that was an amazing price but out of the sudden they are 17 euros? heck no wonder nobody buys them anymore.

Put an SSA figure beside a Sensei figure and the price increase will make more sense.

Yeah, seriously. They clearly want the figures to be a lot higher quality in terms of sculpting and posing. Of course they're gonna increase the price. Now, you can argue whether or not it was necessary to make the Skylanders bigger over the years, but personally, I've never cared. Sure, you can still have small figures and keep the high quality, but it's clear that it's not what TFB or Activision wanted to stick to.
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#710 Posted: 03:17:35 06/01/2017
Quote: newkill

Because they are physically bigger or better quality? I put them side by side and see no justification for that much of a price increase. Swappers maybe but not the others.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#711 Posted: 03:17:37 06/01/2017
Hey, at least thanks to Skylanders, the younger generation came to know who Spyro the Dragon is, in some form.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#712 Posted: 03:21:50 06/01/2017
Aaaaaaand Eric & Liam are fighting. Time to scream in my pillow! This is not gonna end well. At least when it was Haedox, he had a reason to be on the defense. Eric was fed wrong information by an retard and now he looks like a fool. Jesus Christ!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#713 Posted: 03:23:27 06/01/2017
Quote: Aura24
Hey, at least thanks to Skylanders, the younger generation came to know who Spyro the Dragon is, in some form.

Yeah, me, for example. Though I doubt most kids would ever care for Spyro himself, sadly.
---
Bruh
#714 Posted: 03:30:31 06/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Aaaaaaand Eric & Liam are fighting. Time to scream in my pillow! This is not gonna end well. At least when it was Haedox, he had a reason to be on the defense. Eric was fed wrong information by an retard and now he looks like a fool. Jesus Christ!

SkyFan's trying to stop the fighting.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#715 Posted: 03:33:06 06/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Except, we don't know yet if the information is false. Just because someone working on the show hasn;t heard about it yet from his bosses, doesn't mean it isn't true. TV shows *literally* get cancelled overnight, without the cast or crew ever hearing about it beforehand. There have been tons of shows over the years on which the cast and crew were filming an episode one day, and then came in to work the next day to find out the show was canceled and they were all out of jobs. It really can happen in a day, without anyone knowing or hearing about it. One guy saying it's true doesn't make it true, but another guy saying he doesn't know anything about it doesn't make it false.

If I recall correctly, when it was announced that the last Divergent movie would air on TV, instead of in theaters, Shailene Woodley, the star of those films, was on a plane, and the rest of the world knew about it before she did. No one told her beforehand, there was no warning, it just happened. Studios and corporations are rather notorious for not telling anyone anything until they do.
---
Hail Sithis
#716 Posted: 03:34:36 06/01/2017

Still doesn't help the fact that this was pointless, avoidable drama caused by misinformation and stupidity. It frustrates the living hell out of me the way this went down.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#717 Posted: 03:36:21 06/01/2017
Quote: LordElohim
Except, we don't know yet if the information is false. Just because someone working on the show hasn;t heard about it yet from his bosses, doesn't mean it isn't true. TV shows *literally* get cancelled overnight, without the cast or crew ever hearing about it beforehand. There have been tons of shows over the years on which the cast and crew were filming an episode one day, and then came in to work the next day to find out the show was canceled and they were all out of jobs. It really can happen in a day, without anyone knowing or hearing about it. One guy saying it's true doesn't make it true, but another guy saying he doesn't know anything about it doesn't make it false.

If I recall correctly, when it was announced that the last Divergent movie would air on TV, instead of in theaters, Shailene Woodley, the star of those films, was on a plane, and the rest of the world knew about it before she did. No one told her beforehand, there was no warning, it just happened. Studios and corporations are rather notorious for not telling anyone anything until they do.

Same thing happened To C.H.H Greenblatt and Harvey's Beak's cancellation.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#718 Posted: 03:46:23 06/01/2017

Still doesn't help the fact that this was pointless, avoidable drama caused by misinformation and stupidity. It frustrates the living hell out of me the way this went down.

Yes, Liam unfortunately retweeted the post where Eric lashed out at him. That's bound to bring loads of hate towards Eric from Liam's watchers. :L

Oh god, even Haedox saw the tweet, claiming he only criticized about show to Eric and was blocked for it (real scenario, he sent his watchers after Eric Rogers for ruining his Spyro childhood). Oh my god.

Nice going, Skyfan.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:00:36 06/01/2017 by Aura24
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#719 Posted: 04:04:27 06/01/2017
Wow, this really feels like the end now. I said before on the confessions page that I wouldn't mind if Skylanders ended so I could give my wallet a break, but now that it seems real, It's quite... sad.

This forum has been great, I'll miss you guys.
---
Any last wishes?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#720 Posted: 04:09:42 06/01/2017
[User Posted Image]

(i'm gonna stay on the forums, you guys are crazy and i love you all)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#721 Posted: 04:16:24 06/01/2017
[User Posted Image]

---
Any last wishes?
#722 Posted: 04:34:20 06/01/2017
Sad day...?

[User Posted Image]
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#723 Posted: 04:40:51 06/01/2017
^

more like this

[User Posted Image]
#724 Posted: 04:53:32 06/01/2017
You were good run skylanders

[User Posted Image]
---
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#725 Posted: 05:12:36 06/01/2017
Skylanders got boring after Trap Team. The only thing I really liked were the characters.

welp, lightseekers has many cooler-looking characters, though most of them are ugly

lightseekers hype train?
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#726 Posted: 05:17:44 06/01/2017
I think most of us get it already. Lightseekers Lightseekers Lightseekers. Most of you are going to Lightseekers.
---
ChopChopz Blue Sparx Gems: 752
#727 Posted: 05:30:13 06/01/2017
I think most of us get it already. Lightseekers Lightseekers Lightseekers. Most of you are going to Lightseekers.

So Skylanders is actually cancelled? I'm too busy to read everything past page 3.
---
smilie In loving memory. Was rejected for Imaginators. smilie

"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#728 Posted: 05:37:27 06/01/2017
Not actually confirmed yet, until Activision or SkylandersGame speaks out later on. But the former TFB/Activision Executive Producer, Jeff Poffenbarger, moved on to become head of Oculus VR, and the fact that some of the TFB staff, including Alex Ness, moved to other companies last year is starting to lean towards the possibility. TFB still has most of their staff though, including I-Wei Huang.

And there are still several staff members, the lead Senior Producers at Activision still assigned to the Skylanders department as of now.
---
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#729 Posted: 06:02:34 06/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183

He never said it was in the works at VV, though. We don't know who was making it. And VV seems unlikely since they're busy with other projects at the moment.

Apart from the first two games it's been VV, TFB, VV, TFB. Given it's been a yearly release wouldn't work have started on it at the start of last year? Were VV tied up with those other projects back then or is it possible they got a start on S7 before being told that it was unlikely to go ahead?
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#730 Posted: 06:06:11 06/01/2017
Well thats it then, the end. I have nothing to say but... Thanks. Thanks for the best six years of my life, skylanders was like a home to me. Mabey i will stick around a little bit but i had the pleasure to meet you all. It will not be easy to move on but skylanders will forever be in our hearts. And its not the fans or the money faukt that this is happens, its activision fault that just ruined what could have been one of the video game titans, and mabey it is in some other reality. The only thing i can hope now is that they will at least relese SA secand season.

I will focus more on other franchises but i will forever rmamaber and love skylanders.

I still dont understand why tfb need to pay on activision crimes.Tfb did nothing but making this wonderful franchise while activision murderd it, why acti are the ones to leave unpunshed and tfb take the hit?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:26:30 06/01/2017 by omer1698
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#731 Posted: 06:42:54 06/01/2017
Quote: omer1698
Well thats it then, the end. I have nothing to say but... Thanks. Thanks for the best six years of my life, skylanders was like a home to me. Mabey i will stick around a little bit but i had the pleasure to meet you all. It will not be easy to move on but skylanders will forever be in our hearts. And its not the fans or the money faukt that this is happens, its activision fault that just ruined what could have been one of the video game titans, and mabey it is in some other reality. The only thing i can hope now is that they will at least relese SA secand season.

I will focus more on other franchises but i will forever rmamaber and love skylanders.

I still dont understand why tfb need to pay on activision crimes.Tfb did nothing but making this wonderful franchise while activision murderd it, why acti are the ones to leave unpunshed and tfb take the hit?

That's Activision for ya. They love treating their developers like trash.
#732 Posted: 07:04:13 06/01/2017
Just think activision sometimes murder certain franchises. I just hope they don't do something dumb to destiny 2 like their doing with skylanders.

Light seekers it's only on iOS I don't see it being in consoles unless pc. Don't see nothing special about it.
---
#733 Posted: 07:19:02 06/01/2017
i just been in the facebook page, they were all so happy and hopeful. but we know tha truth... i almost prefer to live in a lie then live in this ****.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#734 Posted: 07:22:18 06/01/2017
i just been in the facebook page, they were all so happy and hopeful. but we know tha truth... i almost prefer to live in a lie then live in this ****.

It's not exactly confirmed nor officially announced by Activision yet, omer.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:28:44 06/01/2017 by Aura24
#735 Posted: 07:24:48 06/01/2017
Only time will tell omer
we still don't know the truth.
---
#736 Posted: 07:35:33 06/01/2017
mabey you are right and there is a tiny spark of hope and this is not the end but so far its really hard to see that spark, it might be pointless to mourn now but from the way i see it it dasent look good.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#737 Posted: 07:36:07 06/01/2017
mabey you are right and there is a tiny spark of hope and this is not the end but so far its really hard to see that spark, it might be pointless to mourn now but from the way i see it it dasent look good.

As long as you don't become a CountMoneyBone No.2.
---
comm_shepard Green Sparx Gems: 327
#738 Posted: 07:53:59 06/01/2017
hopefully academy will be continued until season 3 or season 4 smilie
---
"Snapshot is Commander snephard!!, I mean, Commander Snepard " KomoWalker
Komo Walker For Skylanders 7
#739 Posted: 07:55:22 06/01/2017
Quote: comm_shepard
hopefully academy will be continued until season 3 or season 4 smilie

In a situation like this I hardly think it go that far just saying.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#740 Posted: 07:58:25 06/01/2017
I don't care how many seasons it gets, I just hope the staff get enough notice that they can give it a proper ending.
#741 Posted: 07:59:50 06/01/2017
Quote: UncleBob
I don't care how many seasons it gets, I just hope the staff get enough notice that they can give it a proper ending.

If S2 doesn't end with too much of a cliffhanger that hint another season, at least fans can get the feeling that it's over.
---
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#742 Posted: 13:38:21 06/01/2017

It's not exactly confirmed nor officially announced by Activision yet, omer.

Activision won't confirm it until they need to tell investors. They don't want average people to know, because that could further harm sales. But they will definitely want to tell investors that they are shedding something that big that is underperforming/dragging down profits.
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#743 Posted: 14:01:51 06/01/2017
Just read the statement. Damn. So I guess that's it then. It's a huge shame Imaginators didn't sell well because it actually turned out to be a very solid entry. I'm going to miss this franchise a lot.
#744 Posted: 14:58:54 06/01/2017
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Sky 7 would have saved the franchise by being the most critically acclaimed and financially successful in the series? Also adding everything we ever wanted when it comes to the game, along with remasters of the first two games.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#745 Posted: 15:02:16 06/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Sky 7 would have saved the franchise by being the most critically acclaimed and financially successful in the series? Also adding everything we ever wanted when it comes to the game, along with remasters of the first two games.

mabey, could have happen if those activision mother****ers will grow a pair and brain and will not trying to kill the Franchise.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#746 Posted: 15:28:43 06/01/2017
Hmmm, not gonna board on this drama train yet. We are at the same point than before, Liam's statement as the only "proof".

Employees moving to other companies happens all the time,specially in Big businesses. I won't take that as a prrof of anything.

I'll keep waiting for more solid evidence.

I'm surprised though at how many people is Happy with all this negative speculation.I Guess there is always someone who wins, no matter the outcome.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#747 Posted: 15:28:44 06/01/2017
Funny how I got skylanders imaginers for the 3 kings today crash bandicoot version
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#748 Posted: 15:49:00 06/01/2017
Quote: angelg
Hmmm, not gonna board on this drama train yet. We are at the same point than before, Liam's statement as the only "proof".

Employees moving to other companies happens all the time,specially in Big businesses. I won't take that as a prrof of anything.

I'll keep waiting for more solid evidence.

I'm surprised though at how many people is Happy with all this negative speculation.I Guess there is always someone who wins, no matter the outcome.

It's not normal when 3 of the major devs move. They were the face of the franchise aside from Paul Reiche. No one is happy.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:33 06/01/2017 by Bifrost
#749 Posted: 15:54:57 06/01/2017
I admit, I still think there's a chance that there maybe be a game this year.....
---
First | Previous | Page 15 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me