darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 8 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#351 Posted: 20:04:30 21/12/2016
SC and Imaginators sharpened the models a bit, I feel. Some enemies are still exaggerated but the characters don't feel so goofy anymore as a whole.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#352 Posted: 21:05:48 21/12/2016
2017 Skylanders is not dead till I hear the official news. I still have hope even though it would be a nice rest for my wallet.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#353 Posted: 21:35:28 21/12/2016
I feel like Acti wouldn't kill of one of their biggest moneymaking series ever, it's stupid. They make hundreds off of skylanders every single day! It's bad business to cancel it.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#354 Posted: 22:08:08 21/12/2016
Well, people have brought up Guitar Hero, so...

OPTIMISTIC, STAY OPTIMISTIC ADAM...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#355 Posted: 22:28:57 21/12/2016
Quote: TrapGiant
I feel like Acti wouldn't kill of one of their biggest moneymaking series ever, it's stupid. They make hundreds off of skylanders every single day! It's bad business to cancel it.

They don't make money anymore.
---
Bruh
#356 Posted: 22:31:30 21/12/2016
Quote: Crash10

Well, they DO make money, obviously people did go buy the game and other figures and stuff. Just hasn't made as much as expected, at least as of yet.
---
Check this out! Please?
#357 Posted: 22:36:44 21/12/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: Crash10

Well, they DO make money, obviously people did go buy the game and other figures and stuff. Just hasn't made as much as expected, at least as of yet.

Sorry for the bad wording. I meant "they don't make enough money to justify new games and stuff". At least for Activision standpoint. Other companies would be satisfied, at least for non-Toys-to-Life games.
---
Bruh
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#358 Posted: 00:17:06 22/12/2016
i have like 1010 plastic figures and they decide to shut down the game. what the heck???... they are just gonna kill it of now then, i am invested in this game for life, pretty much.. this was my cod, god damned activision!.. im pissed off, you aholes!!!! **** you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#359 Posted: 00:23:07 22/12/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i have like 1010 plastic figures and they decide to shut down the game. what the heck???... they are just gonna kill it of now then, i am invested in this game for life, pretty much.. this was my cod, god damned activision!.. im pissed off, you aholes!!!! **** you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

Calm your farm dood
---
Bruh
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#360 Posted: 00:24:08 22/12/2016

lol What are you ranting about? You've been WISHING for the games to fail, negative after negative, trolling after trolling about wanting Skylanders to end.

The series isn't dead unless confirmed officially by Activision themselves, and not by theorists and users making assumptions to make a quick buck.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:07 22/12/2016 by Aura24
#361 Posted: 00:29:17 22/12/2016

...Are.
You.
Freaking.
KIDDING ME!?
---
Check this out! Please?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#362 Posted: 00:29:21 22/12/2016

So you've been wanting the series to end, and then you're mad when it ends?

Besides, haven't you said how you're not buying the next game since TT, yet conveniently someone gives the next game to you with a bunch of figures? You've only bought 3 or 4 games with of figures then.
---
Dead
#363 Posted: 00:43:42 22/12/2016
Sorry Activision killed your fish.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#364 Posted: 00:45:21 22/12/2016
lol CountMoneyBone, your reaction does not make much sense, but I'm glad I witnessed it before it gets deleted.
---
bye
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#365 Posted: 00:45:29 22/12/2016

I have this sliiiiiight feeling that he's being sarcastic here, everyone. He's mocking the die-hard fans.
#366 Posted: 01:55:08 22/12/2016
Yeah, because mocking the younger users that are probably seeing their first game series with a negative fate makes him soooo mature. It's uncalled for either way.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:55:22 22/12/2016 by Bifrost
#367 Posted: 01:58:13 22/12/2016
Quote: Darkling183

I have this sliiiiiight feeling that he's being sarcastic here, everyone. He's mocking the die-hard fans.

im not mocking anyone, i have played the game from day one of ssa and all up to imaginators. i have the right to be mad, if they end it now.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#368 Posted: 01:59:58 22/12/2016
I've been here since before the game was announced, seen all the stupid infighting, played them from SSA to Imaginators, and am on the pessimistic side - and I'm not smashing the keyboard and swearing up a storm and talking about cods. What's your excuse?
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:00:43 22/12/2016 by Bifrost
#369 Posted: 02:20:34 22/12/2016
Quote: Darkling183

im not mocking anyone, i have played the game from day one of ssa and all up to imaginators. i have the right to be mad, if they end it now.

Except you've been practically begging them to pull the plug on the franchise ever since you supposedly "lost interest" in the series, taking even the SLIGHTEST hint of the series being cancelled as irrefutable fact. And now you're whining because there's a possibility the series could be ending, because you invested in the series? Guess what - Most of the people coming into the Skylanders side of the forums invested in the series. Including me! I've probably sunk MILLIONS into this series. And I know, the feeling of cancelling a series you've sunk so much money into really sucks. But you've not really proven yourself to be much a fan of the series anymore.

/Rant over.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:22 22/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#370 Posted: 03:05:31 22/12/2016
Sometimes those who complain the loudest do so because they are the most passionate. Sometimes what others see as negativity when people say they're giving up on the series is merely that person's way of showing frustration, hoping that someone in charge (in this case Activision) takes notice of what they as a fan wants.

Others may be critical and say that comments like those harm the franchise, but in reality what we say here doesn't sway large companies who are only interested in their bottom line profits. And that's what shareholders pay the board to do, to maximize their profits.

Personally I've always thought that Count was one of the most passionate and invested fans on this forum.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#371 Posted: 04:26:41 22/12/2016
When complaining about wanting Skylanders to end, trolling others constantly and wishing misfortune to the former VV Bala Brothers like Count did previously IS NOT what I call a fan who is "passionate" nor "most invested". In fact, I wouldn't even call that a "fan".
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:33:43 22/12/2016 by Aura24
#372 Posted: 04:42:24 22/12/2016
Which is the beauty of the world that we live in today. That different people can see things differently.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#373 Posted: 04:48:31 22/12/2016
I would say let them rest that's all just let crash get spotlight this time mybe next 2018 they could come with new game end sentence. Just saying and an opinion
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:49:49 22/12/2016 by sky-dragon
#374 Posted: 07:36:17 22/12/2016
LordElohim made some excellent points on the previous page of this thread about the difficulties in taking a year off and then trying to fire it up again. I agree that the break would need to be an extended one UNLESS they decided to do a game only release with no new figures. That's the only way I can see us getting another game in the next 5 years. Just not sure how profitable the disc only game would be. I would buy it and I'm sure the rest of you who already have a heap of figures would. Just not sure if the general public would buy it as well even if they didn't need to buy figures outside of the game.
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#375 Posted: 13:32:13 22/12/2016
Maybe they can embrace just making a new game that involves using most/all of the previous figures in a *meaningful* way? Don't make new figures, just software. I've been thinking since Giants that they should do this.

-v
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
#376 Posted: 13:35:48 22/12/2016
Quote: kaosmumishot
Which is the beauty of the world that we live in today. That different people can see things differently.

Stop playing devil's advocate, dude.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:39:44 22/12/2016 by AdamGregory03
#377 Posted: 13:44:41 22/12/2016
Sometimes those who complain the loudest do so because they are the most passionate. Sometimes what others see as negativity when people say they're giving up on the series is merely that person's way of showing frustration, hoping that someone in charge (in this case Activision) takes notice of what they as a fan wants.

Others may be critical and say that comments like those harm the franchise, but in reality what we say here doesn't sway large companies who are only interested in their bottom line profits. And that's what shareholders pay the board to do, to maximize their profits.

Personally I've always thought that Count was one of the most passionate and invested fans on this forum.

you are right, i am very passionate, i dont deny i have a love/hate relationship with this game. the skylanders is my cod, and i hate to see it go. so i hope this is not the end, and it will come back in 2018.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#378 Posted: 13:49:39 22/12/2016
LordElohim made some excellent points on the previous page of this thread about the difficulties in taking a year off and then trying to fire it up again. I agree that the break would need to be an extended one UNLESS they decided to do a game only release with no new figures. That's the only way I can see us getting another game in the next 5 years. Just not sure how profitable the disc only game would be. I would buy it and I'm sure the rest of you who already have a heap of figures would. Just not sure if the general public would buy it as well even if they didn't need to buy figures outside of the game.

i think a game only without the need to buy figures will do good. it makes it more accessible for everyone.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#379 Posted: 13:49:57 22/12/2016
Dude, we get it, you liked your fish.

Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Maybe they can embrace just making a new game that involves using most/all of the previous figures in a *meaningful* way? Don't make new figures, just software. I've been thinking since Giants that they should do this.

-v

Oh, we've been always suggesting this along with mini-spinoffs focused on existing characters. But from their attitude, change is scary.
I'd pay so much for a Return of the Dragon King side story ;___;
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:50:10 22/12/2016 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#380 Posted: 15:51:14 22/12/2016
^ It kills me that the main villain is always the same. We should be rotating in some serious bad guys...and the Dragon story would be epic.

CMB, my negative posts were driven out of passion to make the game better. In case you haven't seen, I've toned it down---mainly because I was getting a bit "too" passionate....and Activision wasn't listening too much to what I thought. All things must come to an end...and at the very least I think Skylanders may have a one or two year hiatus. I don't think it's gone gone, but it's gonna cool their jets and they're going to rethink some things for sure.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:53:53 22/12/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#381 Posted: 15:59:09 22/12/2016
SF3DS and SG pretty much nailed that. Dreadbeard isn't thaaat special, but he still introduced a consistent game theme that didn't overstay its welcome. Moneybone just steals the show despite being just a rich Kaos, because he got given a lot of variety on his own gloating. A Malefor game could really be something special since there's Legend of Spyro for reference and David's amazing writing in the comics to get started - he could even introduce a steampunk and somber theme because of his life support armor, too.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#382 Posted: 17:05:26 22/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
You seem awfully knowledgeable of game development to think four perfectly working games have nothing that's not a bug on them. And N-Space is dead. I thought you didn't even know them enough and mistook them for an active developer at the start of the year? Huh.

As much as I love the 3DS entries (SSA, Giants, and SF hold up better than their console counterparts, IMHO), and as much as I liked nSpace as a developer - let's not pretend like their two entries into the series are 'perfect'. The Game-Erasing glitch in Giants is pretty devistating.
#383 Posted: 17:24:12 22/12/2016
I know, but "only makes game-breaking bugs" is a gross exaggeration. There's much worse AAA out there, even on handhelds.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#384 Posted: 18:32:23 22/12/2016
Quote: UncleBob
You seem awfully knowledgeable of game development to think four perfectly working games have nothing that's not a bug on them. And N-Space is dead. I thought you didn't even know them enough and mistook them for an active developer at the start of the year? Huh.

As much as I love the 3DS entries (SSA, Giants, and SF hold up better than their console counterparts, IMHO), and as much as I liked nSpace as a developer - let's not pretend like their two entries into the series are 'perfect'. The Game-Erasing glitch in Giants is pretty devistating.

What's this glitch you're talking about in Giants?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#385 Posted: 19:24:57 22/12/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan

What's this glitch you're talking about in Giants?

I think there was a glitch in 3DS Giants that if you registered over 100 unique figures, the game would delete your save.
---
Dead
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#386 Posted: 21:37:27 22/12/2016
I've noticed that at some retailers, the price of Skylanders is going down, and I do not believe it is because of Christmas sales. I believe that Activision is lowering the price due to low sales. I'd actually be happy if the series ended here, or appeared to end: I could finally get the Skylanders I never got to collect for a cheap price.

I mean, come on. We all saw this coming. I honestly thought it was over after Trap Team.

*prays to Zeus for no Skylanders 7 in 2017*
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#387 Posted: 22:37:39 22/12/2016
Well, the glitches are why I never actually got 100% in TT3DS. Stupid Dragon Section...
---
Soon.
#388 Posted: 23:28:27 22/12/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan
I've noticed that at some retailers, the price of Skylanders is going down, and I do not believe it is because of Christmas sales. I believe that Activision is lowering the price due to low sales. I'd actually be happy if the series ended here, or appeared to end: I could finally get the Skylanders I never got to collect for a cheap price.

I mean, come on. We all saw this coming. I honestly thought it was over after Trap Team.

I've read quite a few of these comments about people wanting the game to end. I wonder if you're aware that you don't HAVE to buy every Skylander made. Or if you realise that once you do buy all the ones you're missing, that there will be precious little content that you can use them in. Look at Imaginators for example. If you collect all the Sensis and this is the last game, these chapters are the ONLY chapters you will get to use them in.

Which is why I prefer the option of no more toys, just new games. Not that I truly believe Activision will do that unfortunately.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#389 Posted: 00:43:28 23/12/2016
Hey, since you all brought up Guitar Hero ... I was thinking that if they do decide to stop developing Skylanders due to lack of sales then they'll probably release a game later on (maybe around ten years I think) so that they are able to retain the rights to the series. Because I don't think Acti would want to give Skylanders away.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#390 Posted: 07:43:31 23/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
Hey, since you all brought up Guitar Hero ... I was thinking that if they do decide to stop developing Skylanders due to lack of sales then they'll probably release a game later on (maybe around ten years I think) so that they are able to retain the rights to the series. Because I don't think Acti would want to give Skylanders away.

You are confusing trademarks, copyrights, and intellectual rights. Activision owns the intellectual property rights to both Spyro and Skylanders, which means no one can ever do anything with either of those things without permission, and there is no expiration date, intellectual property rights are forever. They do not have to make a game every 7-10 years in order to keep the rights, the rights belong to them until they sell them, or until the end of time, whichever comes first. You are thinking of licensing rights, ie Sony has the licensing rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four, and if Sony doesn't renew those properties every 7 or so years, the licensing rights revert to Marvel, who still own the intellectual rights. If Activision never makes another Skylanders game, no other company can, either, without licensing the rights from Activision. Another example, if Nintendo never makes another Metroid game, then there will never be another Metroid game, as Nintendo owns the intellectual property.
---
Hail Sithis
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#391 Posted: 07:50:07 23/12/2016
Quote: LordElohim

You are confusing trademarks, copyrights, and intellectual rights. Activision owns the intellectual property rights to both Spyro and Skylanders, which means no one can ever do anything with either of those things without permission, and there is no expiration date, intellectual property rights are forever. They do not have to make a game every 7-10 years in order to keep the rights, the rights belong to them until they sell them, or until the end of time, whichever comes first. You are thinking of licensing rights, ie Sony has the licensing rights to Spider-Man, X-Men, and Fantastic Four, and if Sony doesn't renew those properties every 7 or so years, the licensing rights revert to Marvel, who still own the intellectual rights. If Activision never makes another Skylanders game, no other company can, either, without licensing the rights from Activision. Another example, if Nintendo never makes another Metroid game, then there will never be another Metroid game, as Nintendo owns the intellectual property.

so basicly activision can keep skylanders dead aslong as they want? without making any new games or even comics?

activision not you
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#392 Posted: 08:11:16 23/12/2016
Quote: Swap Force Fan

I've read quite a few of these comments about people wanting the game to end. I wonder if you're aware that you don't HAVE to buy every Skylander made. Or if you realise that once you do buy all the ones you're missing, that there will be precious little content that you can use them in. Look at Imaginators for example. If you collect all the Sensis and this is the last game, these chapters are the ONLY chapters you will get to use them in.

Which is why I prefer the option of no more toys, just new games. Not that I truly believe Activision will do that unfortunately.

Exactly, unless you are collector you are not forced to buy every single skylander. I'm of the opinion you can fairly enjoy each game with just a bunch of them. Sure you'll miss some content, and SI particularly has depowered the classic characters, but still, you can make the storyline and most of the side modes with a small collection.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#393 Posted: 18:01:58 23/12/2016

um...not quite right. FOX holds the rights to X-Men & Fantastic Four ( which still grinds my gears...wish they'd make a deal with Disney & Marvel like Sony did for Spider-Man )
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:03:13 23/12/2016 by ChillStealthElf
EDeChellis25 Green Sparx Gems: 253
#394 Posted: 20:10:13 23/12/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf

um...not quite right. FOX holds the rights to X-Men & Fantastic Four ( which still grinds my gears...wish they'd make a deal with Disney & Marvel like Sony did for Spider-Man )

No, he's right. If Fox doesn't make another Fantastic Four movie in less than 4 years, Marvel gets the property back.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#395 Posted: 02:26:29 24/12/2016
Quote: EDeChellis25
Quote: ChillStealthElf

No, he's right. If Fox doesn't make another Fantastic Four movie in less than 4 years, Marvel gets the property back.

you misread my comment...I was referring to his saying Sony has the rights to Spidey, X-Men & FF when SOny only has Spidey & Fox holds the rights to the other 2. Also, Fox can suck an egg....
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#396 Posted: 05:11:41 24/12/2016
Well, technically, Activision doesn't own the rights *forever*. Just for 120 years. ;)
#397 Posted: 05:24:20 24/12/2016
Well, technically, Activision doesn't own the rights *forever*. Just for 120 years. smilie

So now we wait ...
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#398 Posted: 13:29:52 24/12/2016
Well, technically, Activision doesn't own the rights *forever*. Just for 120 years. smilie

It will be longer than that, as soon as Mickey Mouse comes up again, Disney will have copyrights pushed even longer than last time.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#399 Posted: 13:37:17 24/12/2016

At this rate there are more chances we will get half life 3.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#400 Posted: 14:25:21 24/12/2016
They own the rights as long as the company keep renewing it. They only loose it if Activision doesn't renew it or years after they go bankrupt.
---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 8 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me