darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders featured in a MatchMojo top 10
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders featured in a MatchMojo top 10
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#1 Posted: 16:33:14 18/11/2016 | Topic Creator

The top 10 list "10 video game franchises that destroyed their competition" features skylanders at the #5 spot. (ya know, because we killed mother****ing disney)
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2 Posted: 16:35:05 18/11/2016
thats why disney should stick with movies.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#3 Posted: 17:04:09 18/11/2016
Disney killed their own gaming department considering how risk-phobic they were. Now, if we put a dent on Lego Dimensions even after their Sonic pack...
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#4 Posted: 00:38:58 19/11/2016
Usual Watchmojo doesn't get the memo. Mismanagemant killed disney infinity, precisely overstocking Marvel and Star Wars figures which nobody asked for, you still see these unsold figures in many stores.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#5 Posted: 01:07:38 19/11/2016
Disney overstocked the hell out of their toys, and because of that and the franchise going down, I was able to get the entire 3rd game's figures for a few dollars each when Target had them on a Sale for half off and then Cartwheel for something like 60% off.
I'd say Amiibos do the same but don't see them closing up anytime soon.

ShaneG.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#6 Posted: 03:14:27 19/11/2016
It's WatchMojo, not MatchMojo.

Also, saying Skylanders killed Disney Infinity does not feel accurate. "Disney Infinity failed to kill Skylanders" is more accurate.
---
bye
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 14:14:10 19/11/2016
Hehehehe... NO.

Disney Infinity killed itself, Skylanders didn't have a thing to do with it.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#8 Posted: 04:58:40 20/11/2016
Kevin16,
It's actually both. Disney killed itself, but Skylanders assisted. I'll explain:
As Plaag had previously mentioned, Disney's notorious for overstocking their stuff. Not only that, the figures aren't as compatible as Skylanders is. Other than the Toy Box(es), you can only play certain characters in the play sets.
Disney's also notorious for blind bagging items. Power discs, pins, etc.
Plus they're limited to the brands they own
Skylanders killed them because they've got a head start over Infinity, can create original characters with each game, and is more innovative.
True, they do have their moments when a game doesn't do well or there's tons of overstock from the previous games. However, Skylanders has a much more interesting replay value.
The only con for Skylanders is that older characters from previous games become, somewhat, obsolete.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#9 Posted: 18:12:04 20/11/2016
Quote: Insane01
Kevin16,

The only con for Skylanders is that older toys from previous games become, somewhat, obsolete.

fixed that for you...the characters get heavily nerfed in favor of the new characters, but the magic items, location pieces, battle items, vehicles and traps also become obsolete...probably a safe assumption that next year's game will make the mystery Imaginite chests obsolete too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me