Page 1 of 1
Opinions on Each Variant?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1 Posted: 20:11:52 15/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that we saw all Variants this years, what's your opinion on then? Here's mine:

• Egg Bomber Air Strike: Not amazing, but looks good, mainly Birdie.
  • Legendary Tri-Tip: Oh my gosh, this one is great. On the same level as the original colors.
  • Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Looks better than I expected. I liked what they did with his fire.
  • Solar Flare Aurora: Another great one. As good as the original colors, and really fits her.
  • Heartbreaker Buckshot: Aside from low variety of colors, he looks fine, mostly.
  • Candy-Coated Chopscotch: I have to admit that I really liked this one. The colors have nice contrast and they fit her.
  • Legendary Pit Boss: My least favorite Variant. It's not bad, it's just... Eh... Mainly compared to his original colors.
  • Dark King-Pen: Fits him and looks good. They knew how to use the silver and black greatly.
  • Mystical Bad Juju: My favorite. One of the few that I like more than the original colors. It's so well-made for me.
  • Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Looks... Odd... Not really good, but acceptable. Maybe it's my least favorite too.
  • Dark Golden Queen: Loved it. They knew how to use black and silver and I like how her eyes stand out.
  • Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: Looks good, but I felt he needed more colors.
  • Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: Good one. I liked how the theme was used.
  • Dark Wolfgang: He's good in general. I liked how they used the "metallic fur" idea. Plus the colors fit him.
  • Legendary Creation Crystals: I would have used other Elements, but they look fine.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:12:21 15/11/2016 by Crash10
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#2 Posted: 20:21:49 15/11/2016
Going to group these a different way...

BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL:
Legendary Tri-Tip, Solar Flare Aurora, Dark Golden Queen

AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL:
Heartbreaker Buckshot, Candy-Coated Chopscotch, Dark King Pen, Dark Wolfgang, Mystical Tae Kwon Crow, Jingle Bell Chompy Mage

NOT AS GOOD AS THE ORIGINAL:
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf, Legendary Pit Boss, Mystical Bad Juju, Legendary Creation Crystals

FRIGGIN' AWFUL:
Egg Bomber Air Strike, Steel Plated Hood Sickle
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#3 Posted: 20:25:12 15/11/2016
Variants are mostly good this year(almost as good as Giants'), so I actually give a detailed list.

Egg Bomber Air Strike: Ew. Pink Birdie is cute, but it's still just random pastel instead of a normal theme.
Legendary Tri-Tip: Definately wouldn't have worked with blue. Love the soft palette with the red standing out, and would definately grab him over regular.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Eeeh... Best Easter variant for sure, but still too random looking.
Solar Flare Aurora: Looks great, except for the crystal on the head looking the same. Brings down everything else :c
Heartbreaker Buckshot: Satan=valentine? Except for the white pants and sash, which are worse than regular looking so much like his face, great variant.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: Figure is greeeaaat, they did a nice balance with her skull and the etchings. Ingame,too shiny.
Legendary Pit Boss: Beige snakes are weird. His outfit is pretty nifty though.
Dark King-Pen: On par for the course, but compared to previous gimmick leaders, definately the best looking. Probably because penguin.
Mystical Bad Juju: Best variant. She uses white instead of TKC's dull grey, and that just makes her aaallll the better. Red and black also used sparingly, real pretty. Also Junior is colored, you don't get that with most variants unfortunately.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Thousand times better ingame, since it's actually steel-like, but still blergh shade of green in the figure.
Dark Golden Queen: Pretty, but they missed out on using silver or actual black gold textures.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: As I said before, dull shade of gray brings him back a bit, but he's still very easy on the eyes and that's a point with me.
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: Lacking color. Everyone wanted this figure and so did I for the joke, but could've used candy cane stripes like the rest of the holiday variants.
Dark Wolfgang: Metallic textures make him better than regular, I guess. It's his evolved palette too, but I really didn't care for this figure.
Legendary Creation Crystals: No blue, or red? Meeeh.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#4 Posted: 20:28:53 15/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh yeah, I really agree on you about Mystical Tae Kwon Crow. His gray messes him up too much.

About what you said on Dark Ping-Pen, I would say he ties with Dark Spitfire (aside from strange-looking fire).
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:33:42 15/11/2016 by Crash10
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#5 Posted: 20:52:00 15/11/2016
I'm happy to see that the variants this year look way more appealing than they have in the past. I still wish they made a variant of a knight though. A Jade smilie or Nitro smilie would have been awesome. Heck I would have even liked a legendary smilie.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#6 Posted: 20:54:54 15/11/2016
How I feel when I see an Easter variant:

[User Posted Image]
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#7 Posted: 21:16:15 15/11/2016
Egg Bomber Air Strike: Yuck, absolutely yuck
Legendary Tri-Tip: Very decent, pretty much on par with the original.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Yuck
Solar Flare Aurora: I'm fine with it, but like the original much more.
Heartbreaker Buckshot: Doesn't catch my interest. But at least better then the Easter variants.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: hated it. Not as bad as the Easter variants but I just rather the original Chopscotch
Legendary Pit Boss: I don't think this is a good look for him. It doesn't feel like it belongs on him.
Dark King-Pen: meh, i consider King-pen just a boring design. Dark variant doesn't stand out on him but it doesn't hurt him either in my opinion.
Mystical Bad Juju: Not all that caring about Bad Juju but this is the best variant of the collection this year. Excellent.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Funny how when pictures of the figure first surfaced I thought YUCK! but then in game pictures showed up I was like ok maybe he looks alright.. then I see him in game and it's one of the worst.
Dark Golden Queen: Loved it, looks even better then her original in my opinion which seems impossible in my opinion.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: looks alright
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: I just don't think it looks "Santa" enough as it should. It's not bad but it could use some work.
Dark Wolfgang: meh, i'm not a fan of Wolfgang but this is an alright design for him.

Legendary Creation Crystals:
I got the three of them but I don't see anything to really praise about them. they are crystals without stickers it seems.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#8 Posted: 21:27:23 15/11/2016
Egg Bomber Air Strike: Really nice variant, but it probably won't sell well since a lot of people probably bought his AP already.
Legendary Tri-Tip: Looks nice and fits his theme.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Great coloring, but they should've done Pain-Yatta. He'd be perfect for an easter variant.
Solar Flare Aurora: Cool colors, but they really don't fit Aurora.
Heartbreaker Buckshot: Nightmare fuel. Absolute nightmare fuel. Still better than Easter Thrillipede though.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: Very nice coloring. They always do great with Halloween variants.
Legendary Pit Boss: Love this guy. His colors really fit his armor and general theme.
Dark King-Pen: Despite the lack of other colors, the blackness really fits. It makes him look like another species of bird or something.
Mystical Bad Juju: My favorite. One of the few that I like more than the original colors. It's so well-made for me.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Steel Plated variants are always horrible. For some reason they cheaped out on the materials ever since Heavy Metal Sprocket and instead use barf-green plastic. Plus, he barely looks different in the game, and the colors don't match at ALL to the toy.
Dark Golden Queen: Amazing variant, best dark variant by far IMO.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: He looks awesome. the black and white colors actually make him look like a crow, and the red ninja stars are super cool.
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: This guy was always destined for a Christmas variant because of how similar he'd look to Santa. I mean who wouldn't wanna play as a crazed chompy-cosplaying Santa with a bazooka that shoots out chompies?
Dark Wolfgang: At first I wanted them to used his evolved look, but the silver fur looks even better.
Legendary Creation Crystals: They all look great, not much to say about them since they're one color.

All in all, this game has the best variants by far.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 21:48:23 15/11/2016
Egg Bomber Air Strike: Looks okay, I guess. Nice and colorful, fits Easter decently.
Legendary Tri-Tip: Red is a good color on him.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Honestly thinking I might pick him up over the original if I get the chance.
Solar Flare Aurora: Looks cool. Doesn't really fit the Light element though. But then again Blaster-Tron doesn't really either.
Heartbreaker Buckshot: GO BACK TO HELL, SPAWN OF SATAN.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: Meh. Just meh.
Legendary Pit Boss: Same as Tri-Tip, looks good.
Dark King Pen: Not really a fan of this one.
Mystical Bad Juju: Yet another one I'm considering getting over the original.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Bleh. And also I don't see why they changed the color of the base when no other variant got the same treatment.
Dark Golden Queen: Looks cool, but prefer the original.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: Same as Goldie.
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: Looks exactly how I expected it to.
Dark Wolfgang: Silver is honestly a pretty cool look for him.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#10 Posted: 14:34:13 16/11/2016
Egg Bomber Air Strike: Eh, mediocre. I'll probably get him since I enjoy the original, but I wouldn't be bummed if I skipped him either.
Legendary Tri-Tip: Again, mediocre. I got him instead of the regular version, which I think looks even blander. To me, this character is just generic.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: Not as cool to me as the original, but still intriguing and I expect to get him.
Solar Flare Aurora: Looks cool, but perhaps could have been more awesome? "Solar Flare" sounds more wild than a mix of black and shiny orange. Will buy.
Heartbreaker Buckshot: Looks awesome. Demonic perhaps, but I'm fine with the "Evil Cupid" thing. Definitely will buy.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: Better than the regular version. My wife plays this character a bit, but I don't really.
Legendary Pit Boss: I have zero interest in this character, regular or variant. Pass.
Dark King Pen: This character and the regular version both annoy me, especially the derpy way he walks. I think this is the worst looking of the 3 dark figures in this year's pack.
Mystical Bad Juju: Amazing. Possibly the best variant of the year. I had written off the regular Bad Juju as a no-buy before this variant was revealed. This one I definitely will get.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle: Mediocre. More interesting than the regular version, but I agree with the general consensus that the green Steel-Plated series aren't well done. Steel isn't green.
Dark Golden Queen: Looks nice. I prefer this over the regular version.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: I have no interest in this nor the regular version.
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: I have no interest in this nor the regular version. Chompy Mage makes me uncomfortable. It's just too stupid for me personally.
Dark Wolfgang: Looks cool. I was pleasantly surprised playing this character. His combination of skills work cohesively together and I enjoy that. He's one character where I don't just mash one button.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#11 Posted: 15:35:54 16/11/2016
Jingle Bell Chompy Mage: Nothing special, probably the worst christmas variant so far.
Mystical Bad Juju: Enchanteds have returned with some red! Jk, she looks amazing, love black and white in general and the red really gives it a great contrast!
Egg Bomber Air Strike: Simply disgusting! Pastel doesn't work on him at all!
Legendary Pit Boss: It looks pretty, but I still prefer the old Legendaries, even though he would probably look worse with blue.
Candy-Coated Chopscotch: It looks very different and I like it, though I wouldn't really want to buy it.
Dark Wolfgang: Looks better than original. The silver looks great on him!
Heartbreaker Buckshot: Aside from the demonic read eyes, I like the soft pink and white colors!
Dark King Pen: Tones his already plain color scheme down a lot. Not a big fan.
Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf: I adore this muffin. It's so differentt from the original and pleasing to look at.
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow: Since there's not really such a big change, I don't like this one at all.
Legendary Tri-Tip: Looks actually pretty nice, though still a bit to similar to the original.
Dark Golden Queen: Literally the exact opposite of the original and I really like how she's not just grey in one tone, like in earlier screenshots, but has some black and almost white scheme. Love her and trying to get her.
Steel Plated Hood Sickle. Figure could use more colors, but it looks great in-game.
Solar Flare Aurora: Probably my favorite Variant this year. I love variants that have some additional details, in this case the flames and the black is really refreshing for Light.
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#12 Posted: 01:47:38 17/11/2016
Don't really like any of them except Hard-Boiled Flare Wolf and maybe Legendary Tri-tip.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#13 Posted: 02:47:50 17/11/2016
To those ripping on Egg Bomber Air Strike, I see nothing wrong with him, compared to last year's disaster, Eggcited Thrilipede (though I did buy him, though I managed to get the regular one as well)
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#14 Posted: 11:48:46 17/11/2016
Well, that's your opinion. Pastel only works for a few characters imho, and with random colors, it's even worse. Hardboiled Flarewolf is much better.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#15 Posted: 13:11:41 17/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Solar Flare Aurora: Looks great, except for the crystal on the head looking the same. Brings down everything else :c

I think the gem is silver.
#16 Posted: 13:19:22 17/11/2016
In the figure it's still blue, though I don't remember if it changes for the package.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#17 Posted: 13:41:03 17/11/2016
Hopefully she looks like this:
[User Posted Image]
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#18 Posted: 03:04:29 29/11/2016
She does, 4inCreation. An excellent variant.
And, Bifrost, I agree with you on HBFW over EBAS, but I like the latter over the Thrillipede Easter variant. Cute, but lacked color.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me