darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Something That Could've Improved the Arena.
Page 1 of 1
Something That Could've Improved the Arena.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 17:30:42 14/11/2016 | Topic Creator
And no, I'm not talking about adding in different levels with different hazards like in Swap Force or Trap Team. I'm fine with the arena as it is, and I understand they probably couldn't do all of that due to time constraints and spending their development time on more important parts of the game.

However, with that said, if there is one change I'd make to the arena mode, it's, well, remember in Superchargers' Battlebrawl Island how there was that one guy who you give some money to to change the stronger element in the arena to the element of the Skylander you're playing as? Basically add in something like that. I don't think it's any secret that the older characters aren't as good as the Senseis or Imaginators. However, while they're still noticeably weaker, they have a much better time against enemies if they're in a zone where their element is stronger.

But what about Kaos because there are no zones where the Kaos element is stronger? Well, there technically is in the form of Sensei zones, which is why Senseis could've been stronger when playing as them, and of course same would also apply to Imaginators.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 17:36:13 14/11/2016
That's also why the Legendary Treasure process in Swap Force was nice---global setting "adjustments" to skylanders based on what you needed. A general complaint of mine in this game is that they continue to cut out stuff like this (like Heroics, Quests etc) that can really help someone "get into" it all, and now it's gone with no replacement. Hence, it does a bit of hollowness to it. Of interesting note of course is the fact that hats are totally gone this year (for the skylanders anyway) and also could've helped.

At the end of the day Activision has made decisions that promote purchase of the new guys since they're "stronger", but in fact they may be turning away franchise advocates because they can't have fun with their "old guys" and they will not purchase anymore figures anyway, so they even say no to the starter packs. Their decisions are blatantly obvious, so it will end up being divisive.
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 17:43:29 14/11/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me