First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Wave 4 and 5
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#51 Posted: 11:42:46 28/11/2016
In terms of gameplay, RO-BOW will be the final character, but maybe that's just me.

Insane how do you know Wave 4 is Wild Storm, Tidepool, RO-BOW, Grave Clobber, and Blaster-Tron? Not that I'm complaining mind you.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#52 Posted: 14:06:23 28/11/2016
I hope for 2 former villains per wave, 2 masters (+ Heartbreaker) in W4 (February), and 1 master (+ Hard-Boiled and Egg Bomber) in W5 (April). Incorporating the Easter figures into the final wave would increase chances that stores will stock it, preventing the dropping of a 1-figure microwave, like what happened in Trap Team (counting Yawn as one figure available in multiple colors)/SuperChargers.

I don't think it'll happen, though.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:07:40 28/11/2016 by Nightmoon
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#53 Posted: 16:37:10 28/11/2016
Nightmoon,
I've read on a couple sites, including SCL, that the variants aren't associated with any particular wave. Essentially, they're basically fillers for die-hard fans and collectors
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#54 Posted: 17:40:38 28/11/2016
If they aren't associated with waves, then not every remaining character will be wave 4. At least 1 or 2 will be held back for wave 5 like every year.
#55 Posted: 20:02:02 28/11/2016
It's possible. Only Activision knows.
However, they've pissed off us twice before:
TT - Yawn traps
SC - Thrillipede (regular)
Now, if they're going to do it for SI, I'd agree with Luminous.
Then again, it might be any of the remaining figures. My other choice would be Tidepool
---
"
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#56 Posted: 21:25:29 28/11/2016
At this point the unreleased one may actually be Jingle Bell Chompy Mage. His distribution followed every other unreleased Skylander's pattern so far:

1. Press release advertising big sale or upcoming release (Skylanders Day in June 2015, Thrillipede ad last April, Wave 3 ad last week)

2. Figure is released in Australia (or some very tiny parts of USA) in very limited quantities

3. The figures never get a new shipment, with upcoming shipments likely getting cancelled for some reason

4. The figure's existence is never mentioned again by any official source.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:52 28/11/2016 by TrapShadowFan
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#57 Posted: 03:48:09 27/12/2016
Do we have any idea or predictions on when waves 4 and 5 (if there is a wave 5) will be released? When do they normally come out each year?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#58 Posted: 04:00:17 27/12/2016
Quote: kaosmumishot
Do we have any idea or predictions on when waves 4 and 5 (if there is a wave 5) will be released? When do they normally come out each year?

Wave 4 usually hits in March/April, and wave 5 (usually just one figure) is may or june.

I'm expecting somebody to get shafted this year. which sucks, since i like all of the final 5.
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#59 Posted: 04:59:18 27/12/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
Quote: kaosmumishot

Wave 4 usually hits in March/April, and wave 5 (usually just one figure) is may or june.

I'm expecting somebody to get shafted this year. which sucks, since i like all of the final 5.

If this is likely to be the last game wouldn't you expect them to release the waves a bit earlier? In the past they've staggered the release to try and keep interest up between games but there's little point if there is no 2017 game. Can't see shops ordering too many of the later waves if they leave it too long.
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#60 Posted: 05:39:25 27/12/2016
Quote: spot
If this is likely to be the last game wouldn't you expect them to release the waves a bit earlier? In the past they've staggered the release to try and keep interest up between games but there's little point if there is no 2017 game. Can't see shops ordering too many of the later waves if they leave it too long.

I'm worried that the problems might double down on each other - Activision will pretend that it's 'business as usual' and release the remaining senseis in dribs and drabs, while the retailers see the writing on the wall and stop ordering as much (or any) of the later waves, making figures from those waves even harder to find than in previous years.

I was hunting Disney Infinity figures earlier this year, and a staff member at one store told me that the entire chain of stores hadn't bothered stocking the later waves of DI 3.0, because they knew that the game was going to be cancelled and they didn't want to be left with a lot of unmovable stock.

I need my Quickshot and Knight senseis, darn it! =(
#61 Posted: 05:54:51 27/12/2016
Quote: Darkling183

I'm worried that the problems might double down on each other - Activision will pretend that it's 'business as usual' and release the remaining senseis in dribs and drabs, while the retailers see the writing on the wall and stop ordering as much (or any) of the later waves, making figures from those waves even harder to find than in previous years.

I was hunting Disney Infinity figures earlier this year, and a staff member at one store told me that the entire chain of stores hadn't bothered stocking the later waves of DI 3.0, because they knew that the game was going to be cancelled and they didn't want to be left with a lot of unmovable stock.

I need my Quickshot and Knight senseis, darn it! =(

This is a real worry. Am I right in thinking that the physical toys are already made and waiting to ship at a later date? If not then I would be getting worried about even finding them on ebay in the future.
#62 Posted: 16:30:04 27/12/2016
Plus we still haven't received any news regarding regular Chompy Mage being sold in stores. That might be the "Thrillipede" of Imaginators. So far, Amazon still has exclusive rights to him in regards of the Villain 5-pack.
But the remaining single pack figures, to be sold in stores, are: Tidepool, Grave Clobber, Chompy Mage (regular), Blaster-Tron, Pain-Yatta, Wild Storm and Ro-Bow.
Pain-Yatta combo pack will probably be sold only at Best Buy like the previous two.
Waves 4 & 5 will also restock previous figures, though I've seen both versions of Hood Sickle in my travels
---
"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#63 Posted: 17:35:57 27/12/2016
i think the normal chompy mage will be the new thrillipede this year, so its best you guys got the xmas variant, or be sorry later.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:18 27/12/2016 by CountMoneyBone
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#64 Posted: 18:52:41 27/12/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i think the normal chompy mage will be the new thrillipede this year, so its best you guys got the xmas variant, or be sorry later.

I also believe he will be the Thrillipede. I also have doubts about a single Painyatta. They have a version of Chompy out now, and you could have gotten the regular one, so the demand for the single isn't nearly as high as it could be. I think Easter Thrillipede not selling all that well (coupled with clearance prices) was the reason he never hit widely in the US.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:52:54 27/12/2016 by defpally
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#65 Posted: 00:45:53 28/12/2016
I will be kinda glad if regular Chompy Mage is the new Thrillipede, cause I have him via the Amazon order.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#66 Posted: 18:00:48 29/12/2016
I don't really care if Chompy Mage is the Thrillipede, because I don't care for him that much anyway.

I think so far Wave Four could be confirmed to have Grave Clobber and Tidepool, since Grave Clobber is on the back of the W3 Boxes, and Tidepool showed up with C-Mor.

Wild Storm and Ro-Bow could also be in Wave Four since that new video that showed up, leaving Blaster-Tron for Wave 5, if there is one, which I hope there isn't. I'd rather we have the five remaining characters all in one Wave and they just ditch Wave Five for good.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#67 Posted: 21:29:44 29/12/2016
they should just do a wave 4 with blaster-tron, tidepool, grave clobber, wild storm, and ro-bow, and then a wave 5 with singles of king pen, golden queen, pain-yatta, and chompy mage.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#68 Posted: 02:03:16 30/12/2016
I am not willing to ignore the palette variants, so there are still 10 figures not yet released, and they certainly will not drop them all in one wave. I would actually like to get all of the figures we know are in the game.
---
Hail Sithis
#69 Posted: 09:10:37 30/12/2016
Quote: LordElohim
I am not willing to ignore the palette variants, so there are still 10 figures not yet released, and they certainly will not drop them all in one wave. I would actually like to get all of the figures we know are in the game.

Do you normally collect all variants?
#70 Posted: 15:35:16 30/12/2016
Well, given that figures are packed in individual cases, Waves don't have to be defined as much as previous years. I'm kinda wondering if they drop all five of them so they don't wind up with stock stores won't buy like the last two years in May. The longer they wait, the harder it will be to move them.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#71 Posted: 16:08:39 30/12/2016
Plus, the variants have always come in their own boxes and don't count as part of waves. Mystical Tae Kwon Crow comes out in a few weeks. I am guessing Heartbreaker Buckshot will come out then, as well. The two Easter variants will come out a month or so later. The last 5 could all be in the same wave.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#72 Posted: 02:01:47 31/12/2016
Quote: LordElohim

Do you normally collect all variants?

I collect all of the palette variants, yes.
---
Hail Sithis
#73 Posted: 06:56:49 31/12/2016
Quote: griswoldthunder
Plus, the variants have always come in their own boxes and don't count as part of waves. Mystical Tae Kwon Crow comes out in a few weeks. I am guessing Heartbreaker Buckshot will come out then, as well. The two Easter variants will come out a month or so later. The last 5 could all be in the same wave.

I sure hope they accelerate at least the last 5. Stores are already phasing out their Skylanders sections. I'd bet it will be gone except for end cap/clearance type stuff by May (when we usually get Wave 5).
#74 Posted: 02:41:31 03/01/2017
I still need Pain-Yatta and regular Chompy Mage, besides the remaining five.
---
"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#75 Posted: 05:10:37 03/01/2017
I know there's no infrastructure for this...but I hope they release these figures direct to market if stores don't get them (which is very likely).
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#76 Posted: 12:44:50 04/01/2017
Scrapping Grave Clobber is also a possibility since we already have a water brawler. More likely we won't get Chompy mage.
I'm also worried we won't get a couple of the last creation crystals.
---
Any last wishes?
PreciousAwakeni Blue Sparx Gems: 823
#77 Posted: 13:35:11 04/01/2017
As long as we get the remaining original characters (ro-bow, tidepool, and wildstorm) I will be happy.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#78 Posted: 13:48:36 04/01/2017
Chompy Mage is already labelled as clearly exclusive to the two Amazon villain 5-packs. It's almost guaranteed that he won't get a store release, but Amazon may eventually release him as a standalone exclusive.

Why do you all think that they're going to scrap characters? Never before have any core characters gone entirely unreleased (Thrillipede is actually showing up in stores now, and was available in other regions, as well as having a much more common variant already on shelves).

If they were to cut characters off the final wave and label them as "unreleased," that'd hurt the franchise even worse, as the final few characters they saved are fan-favorites, and would definitely cause a chunk of the player base to move away from the series.

As clearly shown on Amazon, all of them are going to pop up on there sooner or later. Just go through the Edition menu and see for yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L...oding=UTF8&th=1
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:54:46 04/01/2017 by Matteomax
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#79 Posted: 13:59:43 04/01/2017
Quote: Matteomax
Chompy Mage is already labelled as clearly exclusive to the two Amazon villain 5-packs. It's almost guaranteed that he won't get a store release, but Amazon may eventually release him as a standalone exclusive.

Why do you all think that they're going to scrap characters? Never before have any core characters gone entirely unreleased (Thrillipede is actually showing up in stores now, and was available in other regions, as well as having a much more common variant already on shelves).

If they were to cut characters off the final wave and label them as "unreleased," that'd hurt the franchise even worse, as the final few characters they saved are fan-favorites, and would definitely cause a chunk of the player base to move away from the series.

As clearly shown on Amazon, all of them are going to pop up on there sooner or later. Just go through the Edition menu and see for yourself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L...oding=UTF8&th=1

Bifrost and I have both said this before, yet some people STILL say they think Grave Clobber won't be released. despite our reasons given why he will. i don't know if it's because they're young, more naive and concluding a bit too quickly based on the past two years or something but they need to realize and listen to us

One way or another, ALL Skylanders have been and will be released in some form.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:00:14 04/01/2017 by HeyitsHotDog
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#80 Posted: 09:38:52 05/01/2017
I think it's the precedent set by Disney Infinity that gets people nervous. A lot of stuff was announced but never released when they pulled the plug. And it's not like Skylanders has ever been cancelled before.

Of course, the unreleased DIsney Infinity stuff was all unfinished, whereas the unreleased Skylanders are all finished and on disc, so I do think they will all be released in some capacity.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:42:07 05/01/2017 by Muffin Man
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me