darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders Imaginators Creation Data
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Imaginators Creation Data
Empoleon77 Red Sparx Gems: 16
#1 Posted: 12:03:06 09/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I made a list of the elements that form the best pairings with each class, along with a tier list for elements. Please note that my choices are based on the description of each element's Elemental Powers. I have only used four elements: Fire, Air, Undead, and Magic. Also, I have not used every class in the game. There will not be a tier list for classes, as any class, no matter how bad, can become a god when paired with the correct element. I will accept your thoughts and opinions, along with your experiences with different elements and classes. They may even be in future updates to the tier list!

Best Elements for Each Class:

Class: Sorcerer

Best Elements: Anything (Probably Life)

Reason: The Sorcerer already has a large number of options. This allows it to benefit from almost anything. Life comes the closest to truly standing out among other elements because of one skill: Wool Over Your Eyes. This skill can help with escaping hordes if you are being attacked overly often. This also opens opportunities to camp enemies if you position yourself correctly.

Class: Brawler

Best Elements: Anything except Earth or Dark.

Reason: All of the elements that are best for the Brawler provide useful projectiles, if you prefer not to use Wave Fist as a projectile. Dark and Earth are less useful than the other elements, as they do not provide any real projectiles.

Class: Bazooker

Best Elements: Light

Reason: The Bazooker can benefit from other elements, but it does not exactly need most of the advantages. Light gives it the most beneficial options because it provides a movement option (Speed of Light), a defensive "Keep away" tool that can disrupt most foes, (Flashbang), and best of all, a way to counter enemies that try to use melee attacks (Luminous Block). The Bazooker is already good at fighting from basically any range with powerful explosive rounds, but these options simply strengthen the Bazooker.

Class: Swashbuckler

Best Elements: Air, Fire, Light, Tech, Undead

Reason: While the Swashbuckler does have some pseudo-projectiles, these elements provide some much safer ranged coverage to utilize.

Class: Knight

Best Elements: Tech, Air, Magic

Reason: The Knight needs support from the chosen element in order to use its options, since it lacks a projectile. Most elements yield projectiles, but Tech provides massive amounts of options, such as building turrets that can chip away at foes from long distances, building ally robots to help it clear out large hordes, and constructing proximity mines to destroy large numbers of weaker enemies to thin out hordes. Air provides two different homing projectiles, which is all I need to say. Magic allows the Knight to use certain options more efficiently with Time Bubble, which slows enemies to allow for the better use of slower, more powerful attacks.

Class: Smasher

Best Elements: Fire, Light, Tech, Air, Magic

Reason:
* Fire, Light, Tech and Air all provide a movement option to allow Smashers to move more quickly.
* Magic can yield an elemental power that slows enemies that are nearby, compensating for the Smasher's terrible frame data.

Class: Bowslinger

Best Elements: Water, Light, Dark

Reason: The Bowslinger is strictly relegated to ranged combat, as it lacks many options to stop close enemies. Water provides an ability that pushes melee attackers away (Wave Push), and can also allow one to construct a wall to hide behind (Ice Block). Light provides a helpful tool to stop foes from approaching safely, all while keeping you out of their reach (Flashbang), a way to effectively pick off melee attackers who already began to strike (Luminous Block), and a movement option to escape danger with (Speed of Light). Dark finally stands out, providing its many defensive skills to a class that truly needs them. Black Hole can be used to trap foes in a position to safely attack, while Smoke and Shadows yields a power boost. Dark Mist allows one to create a disguise. I have never used a Dark Imaginator, so I do not know if this will disguise the user from enemies or not. Pools of Darkness is an option that increases the difficulty of approaching the user.

Class: Quickshot

Best Elements: Water, Dark, Undead

Reason: Wave Push is a good Keep Away option to keep enemies from approaching. Dark has another chance to shine, yielding benefits in all the ways the Bowslinger would benefit. Undead helps primarily because of two skills: Tombstone Timber and Soul Stealer; the former provides a much stronger attack than the Quickshot's average moves, while the latter provides a close range attack that can heal the user.

Class: Ninja

Best Elements: Light, Dark, Life, Tech

Reason: These elements provide several defensive tools that will be beneficial to the Ninja. Some can gimp enemies to open opportunities for all out offense, such as Flashbang or Black Hole, while others allow the Ninja to safely escape danger with a disguise (Wool Over Your Eyes), or by creating supporters to pick off enemies (Tactical Turrets/Mechanical Microbots).

Class: Sentinel

Best Elements: Air, Anything with a movement option

Reason: Choosing the best element for a Sentinel was no easy task, as the Sentinel mostly has what it needs already. Air was chosen because it has some of the best projectiles, though any class with a projectile can work well. Sentinels have good frame data already, but in case they face a fast foe, a fast movement option is always nice.

Element Tier List:

S: Tech, Light
A: Magic, Air
B: Water, Fire, Undead
C: Life, Dark
D: Earth
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 16:24:46 09/11/2016
Quote: Empoleon77

Reason: All of the elements that are best for the Brawler provide useful projectiles, if you prefer not to use Wave Fist as a projectile. Dark and Earth are less useful than the other elements, as they do not provide any real projectiles.

Except you can give Brawlers a projectile in the form of the Wave Fist, regardless of element, which you unlock early on as you get it from beating the game's second boss. Plus Brawlers don't necessarily need ranged attacks to be good considering the class is all about getting up close and personal.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
dtfreak Red Sparx Gems: 93
#3 Posted: 00:17:44 10/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Except you can give Brawlers a projectile in the form of the Wave Fist, regardless of element, which you unlock early on as you get it from beating the game's second boss. Plus Brawlers don't necessarily need ranged attacks to be good considering the class is all about getting up close and personal.

I think so too. Projectiles on brawlers or knights or other melees are not usefull at all. I would better focus on their strength' meaning like some power buffs which can be provided by dark and undead. Especially the dark aura is very effective as it also gives you a very powerful AOE attack which is far better than just projectiles imho (Earth can also provide some nice AOE attacks).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:29:04 10/11/2016 by dtfreak
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 03:04:30 10/11/2016
Dumb question: what does AOE stand for?

Already Own Everything?
Another Odd Element?
Acrobats On Edges?
Angry Orca Excriment?
---
Any last wishes?
BachChava Green Sparx Gems: 171
#5 Posted: 03:13:29 10/11/2016
Quote: Wishblade
Dumb question: what does AOE stand for?

Already Own Everything?
Another Odd Element?
Acrobats On Edges?
Angry Orca Excriment?

AOE = Area of effect.
I do like your suggestions though! smilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#6 Posted: 16:37:54 11/11/2016
Quote: dtfreak
Quote: AdamGregory03

I think so too. Projectiles on brawlers or knights or other melees are not usefull at all. I would better focus on their strength' meaning like some power buffs which can be provided by dark and undead. Especially the dark aura is very effective as it also gives you a very powerful AOE attack which is far better than just projectiles imho (Earth can also provide some nice AOE attacks).

I disagree entirely. Ranged attacks serve two purposes for melee fighters: 1) to thin out herds of enemies as they approach, and 2) so you can actually hit bosses and mini-bosses while they're in the distance and charging up their AoE attacks, instead of sitting back and twiddling your thumbs.

I get a lot of use out of my Light Brawler's rainbow blasts when fighting weak enemies like Chompies and Bugs, simply because they seek out and bounce between multiple enemies quickly, which means I don't have to chase them down with my fists so I can focus my punching attacks on larger enemies.
Kaos Rising Green Sparx Gems: 117
#7 Posted: 17:27:32 11/11/2016
I have an Earth Brawler that kills. The Rhino Beetle ability instantly doubles any Earth imaginator's damage output.

The strategy I used for Kaos was to throw the Rhino Beetle down and then just dodge stuff with the actual Skylander. Earth imaginators are OP.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me