darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > TRU is having a sale on all SI items, BOGO 40%
Page 1 of 1
TRU is having a sale on all SI items, BOGO 40%
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#1 Posted: 19:53:38 08/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Right now they're having all SI stuff BOGO 40%.
Guess they're getting ready for Wave 3
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#2 Posted: 20:01:33 08/11/2016
AKA it doesn't sell well.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#3 Posted: 20:03:34 08/11/2016
AKA drawing conclusions out of thin air.

Now if we could at least get Wave 3 listings already :c
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 20:05:16 08/11/2016
Quote: Kevin16

That or it's November and everything is on sale because the holiday season is starting up.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#5 Posted: 21:38:27 08/11/2016
so there is another shop not selling good... keep reporting, i keep counting.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:46 08/11/2016 by CountMoneyBone
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#6 Posted: 21:43:05 08/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

That or it's November and everything is on sale because the holiday season is starting up.

This is basically it as it seems like a normal November thing to me. Someone told me that they have an additional 10% off if you use the member card on certain days. Others probably know something more about that. I was still under the assumption that they charge $1 more per figure, but it seems that they don't do that anymore. LOL

Honestly I'm waiting for the Black Friday sales before making any decisions about how well the series is doing. The game is a lot more fun than SuperChargers and supplies seems smaller this year, so perhaps this year won't be any fire sales like last year.
---
Stay Cool!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 22:12:56 08/11/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Spoilered because Jim Jeffries...
[User Posted Image]

But, no. Literally everything at TRU is on sale right now because we here in America love buying discounted toys in November
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:14:28 08/11/2016 by TheToyNerd
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 22:30:09 08/11/2016
I agree with the notion that these are most likely holiday sales.
They'll be here before we know it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Slamzilla Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#9 Posted: 23:16:35 08/11/2016
I just got Pokémon Sun during a flash sale on TWU on Sunday. 33.91 shipped. Guess that means Pokémon Sun/Moon isn't selling well either!
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 13:29:07 09/11/2016
I'm going to get a Life Crystal and two more Magic ones, in that case.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#11 Posted: 17:56:31 09/11/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

if that is the way of doing things, then there is no reason what so ever to buy in october on release. 4 weeks later and 40% off are just wishful thinking here where i live.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Plaag Emerald Sparx Gems: 4339
#12 Posted: 19:45:59 09/11/2016
Target had the 20% with Cartwheel for the first 2 weeks of launch, which is better then this deal in that you did not have to buy even numbers if you did not want to. Then they had buy 2 get 1 free sale the week after iirc. Now just curious about Black Friday sales.

ShaneG.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#13 Posted: 16:51:33 11/11/2016

if that is the way of doing things, then there is no reason what so ever to buy in october on release. 4 weeks later and 40% off are just wishful thinking here where i live.

That same argument could be applied to ANYTHING after ANY amount of time.

"Everybody who bought an Xbox 360 or PS3 at launch was an idiot because now I can buy the console and 10 games for $100."

"Anybody who buys a new car is a moron because I can buy a used car for half the price."

If you're buying the game to give to your kids for the holidays? Sure, it's dumb not to wait for the numerous holiday sales that will be upon you a month after launch. But if you're paying for the game, taking it home and playing it on Day 1... then you're paying to not have to wait to experience that.

As for the other people assuming that Toys R Us is having problem selling Imaginators stuff: A) Skylanders always sell the most during the holiday rush, which is just about to start, and B) they've ALWAYS had lots of Skylander sales, even before SuperChargers performed worse than expected... I started playing just before the release of Swap Force, and got most of my new figures from TRU during sales.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:55:43 11/11/2016 by McMurderpaws
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#14 Posted: 18:55:05 11/11/2016
Even Superchargers was selling well at my TRU last year. When I went to pick up the Eon's Elite figures in December, the Skylanders aisle was super crowded with parents and collectors alike.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#15 Posted: 20:08:28 11/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

"Everybody who bought an Xbox 360 or PS3 at launch was an idiot because now I can buy the console and 10 games for $100."

"Anybody who buys a new car is a moron because I can buy a used car for half the price."

If you're buying the game to give to your kids for the holidays? Sure, it's dumb not to wait for the numerous holiday sales that will be upon you a month after launch. But if you're paying for the game, taking it home and playing it on Day 1... then you're paying to not have to wait to experience that.

As for the other people assuming that Toys R Us is having problem selling Imaginators stuff: A) Skylanders always sell the most during the holiday rush, which is just about to start, and smilie they've ALWAYS had lots of Skylander sales, even before SuperChargers performed worse than expected... I started playing just before the release of Swap Force, and got most of my new figures from TRU during sales.

I agree, the advantage of buying them right away is you get to enjoy them right away, patience is rewarded with lower prices (in most cases). You can wait for sometime and probably get Imaginators really cheap next Spring, but the downfall is you won't be able to find everything, some will become rare - and we do not know which those will be. The people that held off on Thrillipede when it went up on TRU.com really regretted that decision.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 05:56:15 12/11/2016
Interesting that Wal Mart is selling a portal owners pack. No number yet for sales of Imaginators in NA, but Europe looks bleak. Proof is in the pudding during shopping season, which officially starts in a couple of weeks.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#17 Posted: 07:24:12 12/11/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Interesting that Wal Mart is selling a portal owners pack. No number yet for sales of Imaginators in NA, but Europe looks bleak. Proof is in the pudding during shopping season, which officially starts in a couple of weeks.

Just hoping they'll finish the waves, even if it means incredibly small batches actually released. Tidepool is a must have. That Valentines Buckshot is really nice looking too (Splat needs a bf!). Several others I'm keen to seeing more of and perhaps I'd even buy. Won't even wait for a sale on those as saving a few bucks probably just won't happen when we're lucky to even see them released.

Amazingly the crystals are the ones that are selling locally. I've seen their stock actually getting smaller and smaller over the weeks. The Sensei not so much, the same ones are in the same exact spots for three weeks now. I'm thinking that the crystals will probably be harder to get, more so used because they cannot really be reset easily and Gamestop probably won't touch them used because of that.
---
Stay Cool!
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#18 Posted: 01:40:31 14/11/2016

I've been into Skylanders since Giants, and they've always had these 40% sales as far back as I can remember. When Swap Force launched my TRU had the BOGO 40% active on day 1. They still make money off it at that price.
#19 Posted: 16:49:29 14/11/2016

As for the other people assuming that Toys R Us is having problem selling Imaginators stuff: A) Skylanders always sell the most during the holiday rush, which is just about to start, and smilie they've ALWAYS had lots of Skylander sales, even before SuperChargers performed worse than expected... I started playing just before the release of Swap Force, and got most of my new figures from TRU during sales.

we are talking about 4 weeks here not a year or two later...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#20 Posted: 16:55:46 14/11/2016
Quote: defpally

I agree, the advantage of buying them right away is you get to enjoy them right away, patience is rewarded with lower prices (in most cases). You can wait for sometime and probably get Imaginators really cheap next Spring, but the downfall is you won't be able to find everything, some will become rare - and we do not know which those will be. The people that held off on Thrillipede when it went up on TRU.com really regretted that decision.

4 weeks after release is not a long time to wait to save money on a very expensive game. the 3 first waves the shops will be stuffed to the brim with. its always the 4 and 5 you dont wait and buy on release.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#21 Posted: 16:57:51 14/11/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons

it sure will be interesting to see, if worse than superchargers or not.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:58:27 14/11/2016 by CountMoneyBone
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#22 Posted: 17:55:04 14/11/2016
vgchartz still doesn't have numbers yet, although I see a very small trickle number for Europe.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#23 Posted: 18:17:01 14/11/2016

we are talking about 4 weeks here not a year or two later...

TRU has always had a BOGO 40% off sale on day one for every game except imaginators. Does that mean none of them sold well because TRU ran their standard deal?

Oh, and nice triple post.
---
Dead
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#24 Posted: 19:55:21 14/11/2016

Actually, there's something going on called a "Holiday Sale".
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#25 Posted: 20:18:36 14/11/2016
Interestingly, the Wii Edition Dark Starter for Superchargers finally dropped price at TRU, it is $24.99 now. And if you order today for store pickup, you get $10 in reward certs back from them (today only deal). Pretty good deal if you were looking to round out your Superchargers collection but always balked at the $100 price to get Dark Bowser/Dark Clown Cruiser.
zookeeper72 Green Sparx Gems: 387
#26 Posted: 11:22:58 15/11/2016
Hey defpally, thanks for posting this! I have been waiting on a huge sale on this so I could finish off my collection. Saw your post and took advantage of the deal. Picked it up at TRU last night! What a savings!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me