darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Speculation: Classic Spyro in Skylanders?
Page 1 of 1
Speculation: Classic Spyro in Skylanders?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 17:57:44 08/11/2016 | Topic Creator
The following topic is merely speculation based on evidence that may or may not be a bit of a stretch.
So ever since the Amiibo hybrids in Superchargers, I think it's safe to say guest stars in Skylanders are now going to be a thing. However, there are a couple of things I noticed about the guest stars and why they're necessarily chosen to be the guest stars of those games.

Starting with the Superchargers, the guest stars chosen were two characters from the Mario series. Superchargers was released in 2015, which was the 30th anniversary for the Mario series.
And now with Imaginators, the guest stars are Crash Bandicoot and his nemesis, Dr. Neo Cortex. This current year, 2016, is the 20th anniversary of the Crash Bandicoot series.

So from this, it appears that the guest stars are also to commemorate the anniversary of of a certain series. So what does this mean? Well... I don't know what it means for the seventh game's guest stars, since I'm not sure what gaming series is having a major anniversary next year. But guess who's having his 20th anniversary in 2018?
[User Posted Image]
Yep. Good ol' Spyro. So based on this, it is my theory that the eighth game (or seventh if they want to celebrate it early) will feature characters from the classic PS1 era Spyro games as guest stars. But who specifically? I mean, it's obviously not going to be Spyro. He's already been a Skylander since the first game. Well hold onto your horns because there's a second pattern I've noticed with these guest stars.

SC: Donkey Kong (Life) and Bowser (Fire).
SI: Crash Bandicoot (Life) and Dr. Neo Cortex (Tech).

Both guest star duos consist of a character who fits into the Life element and a villain character. The Life element part could mean nothing and it could just be hero and villain, but if it is, then this would probably narrow it down to Hunter or Bianca and Gnasty Gnorc or Ripto. Or possibly someone else, but those I see as being the most likely.

So... yeah.
Thoughts?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#2 Posted: 18:19:57 08/11/2016
I would LOVE Hunter and Ripto to be in a Skylanders game...
Wait.
If they continue with Senseis and Imaginators...
Hunter could be a Bowslinger and Ripto could be a Sorcerer...!
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 18:26:25 08/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kat-Kun
If they continue with Senseis and Imaginators...

They're most likely not.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#4 Posted: 18:48:27 08/11/2016
Interesting idea! I'm not sure I'd get my hopes up, given that a good portion of the cast hasn't seen the light of day for over 10 years, but Crash got his revival so anything can happen.

For characters, I would definitely expect Spyro and probably Cynder to get new figures that tie into the gimmick that game. If we're celebrating Spyro's 20th anniversary, then that dragon definitely needs to be available and relevant. It'd be really neat if it was a version of Spyro that references the Classic (or possibly Legend) games as much as the other guest stars do: with Sparx as a health bar (maybe unlockable buddy, like Tree Rex's bird, since Sparx's figure no longer works as it used to?), attacks featuring Gems, and different elemental breaths (or at least Ice, since that was a recurring one).

My choice/prediction for the heroic guest star would be Hunter. He's in the most games, and also appeared in TLoS, something that practically none of the Classic cast can claim. He's been playable before too - in both YotD and AHT. Granted, with the lack of flight-based mechanics (unless that's the gimmick of the game), he couldn't get much from his YotD appearance. He'd also make a neat NPC - his constant antagonism with sheep in flying saucers would play well with Hugo's sheep-phobia.

The YotD cast could also make good choices, since some of them have interesting concepts. Granted, of the four only Bentley and Agent 9 can be all that faithful to their original form, since Sheila's and Sgt. Byrd's gimmicks were all about platforming in ways Spyro cannot. But these guys are basically a set - you can't have just one (even the GBA games, which didn't have all of them, had two at a time).

For villains, the obvious choice is Ripto. He's the most recurring of the Classic villains, and by the GBA games is canonically trapped in another dimension right now rather than dead. Funny that his last appearance is the only one where he doesn't get killed off! But there's something not mentioned about both Bowser and Cortex - they both teamed up with the heroes at one point or another! No Classic Spyro villain has done that so far... at least none of the ones you fight. There is one villainous character that has switched sides a few times. Guess them yet? It's Moneybags! He'd probably make a poor playable character though (what would he do? Have the power to block bridges?), so probably not.

I guess you could make a case for Bianca being a villain as well. And then there's Red, who (spoiler alert!) plays the same role as ANB Cynder in SL. But Red's in two games that aren't the most popular ones. Bianca could work, but as she's never been playable, her powers aren't really fleshed out that well for gameplay.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 19:05:16 08/11/2016
Seems possible. At least I hope so.

Also, I've made a small list of franchises making important birthdays next year that might be on Skylanders (by being family-friendly and rather popular). Just for fun. Here it is:

• Pitfall
  • Final Fantasy
  • Mega Man
  • Kirby
  • Klonoa
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Sly Cooper
---
Bruh
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:07:49 08/11/2016 by Crash10
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#6 Posted: 21:34:24 08/11/2016
good old spyro comeback i can see that happen smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#7 Posted: 21:58:53 08/11/2016
They HAVE to do at least something for Spyro...
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#8 Posted: 17:59:23 10/11/2016
Quote: Crash10
Seems possible. At least I hope so.

Also, I've made a small list of franchises making important birthdays next year that might be on Skylanders (by being family-friendly and rather popular). Just for fun. Here it is:

• Pitfall
  • Final Fantasy
  • Mega Man
  • Kirby
  • Klonoa
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Sly Cooper

Yes! Make this happen for the 15th anniversary, but they most likely go with Rachet and Clank it´s more cartoony. I would say Kirby, but i remember correctly they could not add Kirby in Superchargers for reasons.

In the case of the Classic Spyro... I don´t see it happinning since it´s going to another like Sonic Generations but with Spyro in it, or at least go onto the same vein as the Crash level.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#9 Posted: 00:36:11 11/11/2016
Quote: Kevin16

exactly, he is in the tv show now so something will happen.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 00:51:17 11/11/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Kevin16

exactly, he is in the tv show now so something will happen.

AND in story mode cutscenes of Imaginators.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
sunburnninja Yellow Sparx Gems: 1118
#11 Posted: 01:24:07 11/11/2016
We Need Malefor!

You know you want him...

Edit: Crash10... Kirby, Meta Knight, Megaman, Zero, or Dark Mage would be cool too
---
Subscribe to join Team Sun Today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-I9N_yeZJSmhYTDu3lbSyg
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:25:44 11/11/2016 by sunburnninja
Ghostprime1234 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#12 Posted: 19:17:06 11/11/2016
I think it would be awsome if Spyro and Cynder are the new character of the next gimmick. I don't think I won't get the next game but I would get these character as they're the BEST!

Maybe instead of Cynder it could be Malefor but either way I would get them

I think it would be awsome if Spyro and Cynder are the new character of the next gimmick. I don't think I won't get the next game but I would get these character as they're the BEST!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:11:50 11/11/2016 by Buuzer
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#13 Posted: 19:24:18 11/11/2016
Ghostprime, the edit button is your button. Use it instead of posting multiple times in a row, please.

Quote: Ghostprime1234

IF VV is doing NPC Skylanders...
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:25:49 11/11/2016 by Aura24
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me