darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > 3d printed imaginators no longer available to Australians. USA ONLY
Page 1 of 1
3d printed imaginators no longer available to Australians. USA ONLY
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#1 Posted: 10:20:53 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I have been going to the creator app at least 10 time a a day, keep getting the coming soon option for the 3d printed figure.

Finally it come up with a price, I got to the shipping part and it said "Not available to countries outside the USA"
When I tired again, now the option for 3d printing isn't even given to Australians anymore.

I tried the app again but selected America and you guessed it, I can purchase if I'm American only.

For the amount of money I have poured into this franchise, I have to say I am pissed.

I have since setup an account with a postage forwarding company in the states and now I have been able to get 4 of them easily.

But really, why? Why couldn't they have supporter other counties?
You can't tell me they didnt expect this to be popular?
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 10:24:58 04/11/2016
Shipping prices be crazy? We don't really know, but unfortunately the "Global" Contest was pretty good indication it's not feasible for Shapeways.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 10:30:56 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thing is I would gladly pay much made for the Australian option.
Going through a postal forward option is not just expensive but risky.
So dissapointed.
---
Join me on line chat.
#4 Posted: 10:36:24 04/11/2016
Everyone outside of the US is. However, some people are offering to send the figures abroad on the Toys and Merch board, if you want the figures there's this option.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#5 Posted: 11:59:06 04/11/2016
I know what you mean optimall, I have been following this matter colsely since the app was released.

I contacted Activision support on facebook and twitter and even got in touch with two different departments of shapeways in order to know when we would be able to order these. ( I live in western Europe). All of them gave me the same answer "we do not have official information on this matter, we can only suggest to keep checking the app".

I was so dissapointed that I started looking for help here at darkspyro. Fortunately, another user offered his help (in fact he's helping a few users already).

Yesterday, the app in Europe was updated as well. The 3D printed figure purchase option was finally avalaible, however reports of two different messages have been stated:

1) "Shippings not available outside the US"

2) "Shippings not avalaible outside the UK".

So this basically means that unless you live in on of those countries you are screwed (and I'm still unsure about the UK thing).
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:59:31 04/11/2016 by angelg
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#6 Posted: 12:32:31 04/11/2016
Quote: optimall
Thing is I would gladly pay much made for the Australian option.
Going through a postal forward option is not just expensive but risky.
So dissapointed.

If you would like one, I can order it for you and ship it you to.
---
Hail Sithis
#7 Posted: 12:51:06 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
@lordelohim
Thank you for the offer, It's so very kind of you.
I have ordered 4 figures and they are being sent to the post forward address I supplied, so I guess its too late for them.
I would love to take you up on the offer in a couple weeks if that's ok?
Will make it worth your while.
---
Join me on line chat.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#8 Posted: 13:15:44 04/11/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
they made a game that the whole point is to create your own character. then they sell the game worldwide and then they start denying people to get their creation in other countries than usa. im quite shocked over this, what the heck where they thinking??? its false advertisement for sure, and if activison cant afford the gimmick then forgodsake dont do it, its that simple. you cant blame the fanbase and customers for being pissed off when they supporting your game and you activision stab them in the back.

smilie

Now, hold your horses. They made it clear from the START that the 3D Prints were going to be limited in a major way. People can still buy Creation Crystal and order Cards and Shirts (that I could recall). 3D Printing is hard. The tech just isn't there yet!
#9 Posted: 13:15:55 04/11/2016
Wow, four figures already? If I had the money to spare I'd spend weeks deciding on just one - especially because I'd want to see the best pose, the ones that have the best colors in sandstone, etc etc.

(gee I wonder why my skylander collection is so small even with older figures being somewhat cheap)
---
#10 Posted: 13:17:42 04/11/2016
@lordelohim
Thank you for the offer, It's so very kind of you.
I have ordered 4 figures and they are being sent to the post forward address I supplied, so I guess its too late for them.
I would love to take you up on the offer in a couple weeks if that's ok?
Will make it worth your while.

I apologize. I did not realize it was you that had stated you were using postal forwarding, and then also you that mentioned postal forwarding being not only not ideal, but risky, as well. I think I assumed two different people had said those two things. I, personally, can't fathom how you have already purchased 4, let alone that you would like more. They are hella expensive. But, yes, if you would like more, feel free to reach out to me, and I can help you out. I have already done this for two other users, and I am buying the legendary crystals for a third member.
---
Hail Sithis
#11 Posted: 13:39:36 04/11/2016
Cards and shirts I can order even in Brazil, which doesn't get things most of the time. A small and light letter is much easier and cheaper to be sent everywhere than a decent sized figure, much faster to ship as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:15 04/11/2016 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#12 Posted: 14:05:00 04/11/2016
A thought occurs to me for our international friends.

I wonder if Activision has any legal/safety concerns shipping 3D printed figures internationally.

While not really intended to be 'played' with, these are toys. Different countries have a vast array of different laws regarding the production and safety testing required with children's toys.

I wonder if this is a potental issue here.
#13 Posted: 14:21:51 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
@lordelohim
To me the cost of one of these 3d prints is cheap considering what I get.
People are paying hundreds of dollars for yawn traps, chrome skylanders and horrible looking patinia variants.

This is where I as a collector see value. Teenage mutant ninja turtles, Harley quinn, Cali, glumshanks, Finn, skeletor, green arrow and flash, I would pay to have these in my collection anyday. People got so excited over crash and cortex, bowser and donkey Kong, but this time 6he sky is the limit with no copyright hassles.
---
Join me on line chat.
#14 Posted: 14:27:33 04/11/2016
@lordelohim
To me the cost of one of these 3d prints is cheap considering what I get.
People are paying hundreds of dollars for yawn traps, chrome skylanders and horrible looking patinia variants.

This is where I as a collector see value. Teenage mutant ninja turtles, Harley quinn, Cali, glumshanks, Finn, skeletor, green arrow and flash, I would pay to have these in my collection anyday. People got so excited over crash and cortex, bowser and donkey Kong, but this time 6he sky is the limit with no copyright hassles.

Hey, no judgments. I wish I could just afford to buy a bunch of printed figures, I envy you. Though, if you'd like to compensate me with yawn traps, I definitely wouldn't complain. smilie
---
Hail Sithis
#15 Posted: 14:42:10 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Skylanders
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Join me on line chat.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#16 Posted: 14:46:23 04/11/2016
I adore that Skeletor!
#17 Posted: 14:48:18 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
These were the 4 I ordered.

I actually sent people around the uk and usa over 40 yawn traps, just to find most later sold them for hundreds of dollars when they found out how much they were worth. Felt like an idiot I never marked them up, just 7 ausie dollars each.
Sometimes it sucks to be nice.
Even scl matt got one, and never even said thanks.
---
Join me on line chat.
#18 Posted: 15:16:24 04/11/2016
Yeah, the yawn traps are the only items I do not have over the course of the six games. It would be cool if I could get ahold of a set from someone through all of this. I'm helping people just to help people, mostly, but I would such a great thank you, if it could happen. Wishful thinking.
---
Hail Sithis
#19 Posted: 15:40:25 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
@LordElohim
I am always looking for more, they co turn up at our local ebgames every now and then. If I find a set they are yours.
---
Join me on line chat.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#20 Posted: 16:17:25 04/11/2016
"The best part of these custom figurines is that you can ship them worldwide!"

"...Just kidding! America only, guys!"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#21 Posted: 17:09:42 04/11/2016
I have been going to the creator app at least 10 time a a day, keep getting the coming soon option for the 3d printed figure.

Finally it come up with a price, I got to the shipping part and it said "Not available to countries outside the USA"
When I tired again, now the option for 3d printing isn't even given to Australians anymore.

I tried the app again but selected America and you guessed it, I can purchase if I'm American only.

For the amount of money I have poured into this franchise, I have to say I am pissed.

I have since setup an account with a postage forwarding company in the states and now I have been able to get 4 of them easily.

But really, why? Why couldn't they have supporter other counties?
You can't tell me they didnt expect this to be popular?

Have a trusted friend in the US create the skylander using the parts you specify and then mail it to you. I say trusted and friend because only a friend would do this and trusted because of the exchange of funds.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#22 Posted: 19:26:30 04/11/2016
While I didn't intend to indulge in this system personally, I can't say I'm terribly happy with this. It is some small relief it's just this, and not actual figures (Such as New Zealand got absolutely screwed on Trap Team and Superchargers waves), but even so, catering to a global market is aparantley a difficult thing to do.

...Let's hope this doesn't become a trend.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#23 Posted: 00:41:06 05/11/2016
I'm guessing the shipping cost was too much? I know I wanted some cartoon DVD boxsets which were only released there and the shipping cost was around $23 a set. If they were not charging any additional for international shipping, then I can totally see why they dropped them.
---
Stay Cool!
#24 Posted: 01:13:51 05/11/2016
@LordElohim
I am always looking for more, they co turn up at our local ebgames every now and then. If I find a set they are yours.

That would be, to put it politely, REALLY (expletive deleted) COOL of you. I will, however, not be holding my breath. I have mostly come to terms with the idea that I will never have the yawn traps.
---
Hail Sithis
dtfreak Red Sparx Gems: 93
#25 Posted: 09:01:46 05/11/2016
This USA ONLY can not be true. I ordered my Imaginator from Germany without any problems and even with 0€ shipping costs.
I do not know why but I know some can not buy them and some can. Here is a trick I used to get to the correct page where I can order the Imaginators:
If you click on the store (in the app) and get to the page where you choose your territory select USA. Then click your browser´s return button and select your real territory. Afterwards you should be able to buy it. At least that should work for Germans and maybe some other Europeans if not all. Would be nice if anybody who had problems ordering could confirm that my trick works.
#26 Posted: 09:19:49 05/11/2016
^Did you use that trick to order yours or could you order straightforward without using any tricks?
---
dtfreak Red Sparx Gems: 93
#27 Posted: 10:26:30 05/11/2016
I can not remember tbh but I think I did not have to use it. The problem with the store is that sometimes if you select Germany 1. you only see 1 Imaginator figure option but that one does not work. Sometimes though there are 2 Imaginator figures shown straight away where you would have to pick the 2nd one (the other only works if you have a code!?!?). To avoid any complication I use the trick described. So I may used it when I ordered my figure but I can not say for sure...
Edit: I tried it twice without the trick and could still order my Imaginator.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:59:14 05/11/2016 by dtfreak
#28 Posted: 14:43:41 05/11/2016
Ok, at least we have someone in Europe who has been able to order it. Let's see how everything goes, keep us informed smilie

I'm curious about people in UK, they shoould be able to order as well since the message "shipments cannot be made outside UK" have been reported by some people in the internet. Not sure about the final price they'll have to pay though. What I mean is that if the shipment is being made from the US once it reaches british customs they'll be force to pay the VAT and other taxes.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me