darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Idea I Had: Imaginators to Senseis?
Page 1 of 1
Idea I Had: Imaginators to Senseis?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 22:09:51 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
This is something I've had in the back of my head for a while that I've considered doing for a while, but there's been a few things holding me back from doing it. To give an example, you know how someone on these forums (whose username escapes me at the moment) recreated Undyne from Undertale in the game? Well, hypothetically speaking, of course, what if that person decided that the Creation Crystal wasn't enough, and that ordering a 3D printed figure of that Undyne just wouldn't feel right, for whatever reason?

And then, again, hypothetically, say that person discovered this existed, and also decided that they didn't really need their King Pen (or spare, if they have one) anymore, and decided to order that figure, take the chip from inside the Creation Crystal, somehow put it into the King Pen's base, and remove the King Pen from said base to super-glue the Undyne figure onto it, while also using the stickers that come with Crystals to cover the battle symbol on the base?

This, is something I've been considering doing (Not just with Undyne mind you but any characters who have figures on par with Senseis and are actually recreatable in Imaginators). Mainly because I thought it'd be a cool thing to do, plus would give it an extra feeling of that character being a legitimate guest star in the game. But like I said, there are a couple of aspects that have turned me off of this idea, mainly these two:

The Cost: For this, you'd need to actually buy a figure of the recreated character in question, an extra Sensei of that character's element if you don't already have a spare one or one you don't want anymore, and then you'd also need to buy a crystal to actually make that character in the first place unless you already did.

Long-Term Investment: What if Imaginators aren't compatible in future games (even though I believe they somehow are)? Would all the time I spent actually doing this suddenly be for nothing in the long-term?

So... What do you think? Should I actually try this out?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 22:12:47 03/11/2016
Very risky, but possible. I find it's easier to order a card, have a feel for where the chip is, and cut that out so it slips into the final figure safely. Tearing a crystal apart without some good tools could have you drill into the chip by accident or shove one of the plastic parts in instead.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 22:18:26 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Very risky, but possible. I find it's easier to order a card, have a feel for where the chip is, and cut that out so it slips into the final figure safely. Tearing a crystal apart without some good tools could have you drill into the chip by accident or shove one of the plastic parts in instead.

Yeah, that's a good point... Though that still also leaves the issue of actually getting inside the Sensei base to switch out the chips. And also what to do with the spare figure...
---
Check this out! Please?
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#4 Posted: 23:32:44 03/11/2016
I would love that a lot, if I did that I would probably do it for Sans or Papyrus
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
#5 Posted: 01:06:08 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
All right... I decided if I'm gonna do it, then I'm gonna buy some spare Senseis on Black Friday (assuming I go to any stores on that day) and order a card like Bifrost suggested. I just need to decide what I'm gonna do, but I'm leaning toward this:

[User Posted Image]

I own a Pac-Man amiibo, and since I rarely use my amiibo anymore this would probably be the first one I try out, since I wouldn't have to spend extra money on an additional figure.
Already made him as a Light Ninja on the Creator App. Might also try Papyrus if I wind up getting that Little Buddy figure.
---
Check this out! Please?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#6 Posted: 08:02:16 04/11/2016
Hmmm, it's not a bad idea, as long as there is a figure and imaginator design that fit nicely.

Maybe you should get second handed the ones you're gonna rip apart, since you ain't gonna use them, go for the cheapest deal.

I may or I may not try it with my amiibo pit. I always wanted an amiibo dedicated game and since it's not going to happen I may create my own characters.

P.D: Also, I would suggest watching videos of how to dismantle skylanders.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:03:57 04/11/2016 by angelg
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#7 Posted: 08:23:09 04/11/2016
If you have a drill press with a 1-1/2 inch (just guessing) forstner bit, you could bore out the bottom of a base very clean, remove the debris, and put the card chip in. I'd use a piece of thin plastic glued to the bottom of the base to hold it in place.

The hardest part would be clamping the base down. Use 2 boards extending off the drill press platform and set the figure upside down on top and clamp.

Maybe the base can be popped open, but I would rather have a covered hole on the bottom than a scratched up top.

You might drill into the pegs that hold the figure on, but it won't matter if you're replacing it.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 08:43:00 04/11/2016 by 4inCreation
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me