Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Black Friday 2016 Topic (All Sales are in!)
Page 1 of 1
Black Friday 2016 Topic (All Sales are in!)
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 03:24:41 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Seems that Walmart is the winner by a dollar per item here. Basically your starters (Skylanders, Dimensions and Infinity) are going to be around $40. Basic figures (Sensei $10) at most places, give or take a dollar or two.

Remember that a lot of these sales are indeed online as well. I stopped doing Black Friday as I can get most of what I want via the websites. Amazon is a little iffy as they run rolling sales and Prime member sales, but usually the websites of the stores below will match their flyer prices on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

Also double check the ads for when the sales actually are. Black Friday is more like Thursday night Thanksgiving dinner blow off and a lot of the sales doesn't run to Friday or the weekend anymore.

No really huge fire sales on your Skylanders yet. $10 a pop is pretty standard of a discount, not really blowing them out. We'll see how Christmas time sales goes for a January blow out or not.

---------

DEALS:

BEST BUY-
$39.99 Imaginator Starters
$5.00 OFF Sensei Figures (aka 9.99 each).
$5.00 OFF Imaginator Dual Packs (originally $24.99)

GAMESTOP-
$44.99 Starter Packs with a FREE Skylanders Academy's 1st Episode as a DVD
$9.99 Sensei Figures (same as everywhere, but they rarely sell them, so you may find the ones you want even late in the sale)

MEIJER-
50% off Skylanders starters (less than 39.99 I think? It's hard to tell as I don't know 50% off of what, $74.99 is what it should be, but they may mark them up just to put them on sale.)
BOGO 40% Sensei (basically a $3 discount per figure, not a good deal)

TARGET-
Starters $39.99
Imaginators Figures and Lego Packs $10 each. STARRING Solar Flare Aurora!!! A Target Exclusive. I have a feeling she'll be able to buy at any time, but no one has seen her out thus far.

TOYS R US-
TRU currently has a pre-sale BOGO 40% on all Imaginator items. That's probably going to be month long.
The ad has 50% off starters. $37.49 but it's in store only on Thursday.
Friday it's $19.99 Starter packs normally priced $24.99 to $49.99 (no Imaginators nor Dark Packs).
3 for $20 Crystals (isn't that a normal sale for them?)
9.99 Sensei (like every one else, only they probably will have a good selection in stock)

WALMART-
$39 Imaginator Starters
$9 Imaginator Sensei ***BEST DEAL***
$25 Portal owners pack? I'm not sure what that is. Could be just be a download card.

RELEASES IN NOVEMBER-
TRU exclusive Legendary Light Creation Crystal, releasing on November 6th
TRU exclusive Legendary Life Creation Crystal, releasing on November 13th

Maybe Christmas Chompy Mage this month, but that's not confirmed.

---------
---
Stay Cool!
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 22:13:01 13/11/2016 by fairyland
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 03:55:12 03/11/2016
dangit i was gonna do this

i'll stay tuned!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 05:07:14 03/11/2016
Under November releases, you can put TRU exclusive Legendary Light Creation Crystal, releasing on November 6th (in the US anyway) and TRU exclusive Legendary Life Creation Crystal, releasing on November 13th (again, only US release, not sure if/when it's coming out in other countries).
---
Dead
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#4 Posted: 05:56:59 03/11/2016
I hope Wave 3 is released before Christmas.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#5 Posted: 00:44:26 10/11/2016
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Theliquorshop Yellow Sparx Gems: 1206
#6 Posted: 10:17:32 10/11/2016
Walmart:
  • Starters (Imaginators and Lego Dimensions) $39
  • Sensei's $9
  • Portal Owner's Pack $25
  • Lego Level/Team Packs $14

• Best Buy:
  • Starters (Imaginators and Lego Dimensions) $40
  • Sensei's $10
  • Imaginator Dual Packs $20
  • Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #7 Posted: 12:41:25 10/11/2016
    A variant releasing during Black Friday?

[User Posted Image]
    ---
    i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
    UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
    #8 Posted: 16:28:48 10/11/2016
    Not the first...
    SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
    #9 Posted: 02:13:50 13/11/2016
    Im prob going to go with walmart..its up the block from me, they are open all day normally anyways. I can get in grap the starter and figures i want and leave. This is of course if i cant snag them online. Last yr i pretty much did abt 90% of my xmas shopping on thanksgiving day online. Between bestbuy, walmart and amazon i was done. Id much rather avoid the stores, i use to enjoy the 3am or 4am openings those were crazy but fun. This 5pm crap while Im with family annoys me, thou i might step out to walmart only cause its close, thou last i saw at my walmart they had one ps4 starter and 2 xbox one..that was it.
    TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
    #10 Posted: 13:36:45 13/11/2016
    https://www.theblackfriday.com...ay.shtml?page=6

GameStop's BF Ad just went up!

-$45 Starter Packs
    -Skylanders Academy's 1st Episode as a DVD
    -$10 Sensei Figures
    Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
    #11 Posted: 14:06:14 13/11/2016
    Only single episodes on DVD as usual, when fans know very well the entire season would fit... :I
    ---
    SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
    (What I need is never what I want)
    #12 Posted: 16:27:27 13/11/2016
    GOTTA GET THOSE NETFLIX SUBSCRIPTIONS BAY-BEE!

But yes, that is super annoying
    #13 Posted: 16:44:26 13/11/2016
    Well I did already, but it's even cooler to have them to watch on the living room when nephews or younger neighbors are around or when there's no internet.
    ---
    #14 Posted: 22:09:04 13/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Thanks for everyone with the updates. That should be the final list as I don't know of any other place that sells them. Other than Amazon's rolling sales, which probably will have them all for $9.99, or if we're lucky for $7.99 or less.

Seriously lame about the one free ep. I mean they used to do that some 10 years ago with lots of toys. It's basically just a gimmick to get people to watch the show rather than an attempt to catering to the public that wants them for their home collection. It's a touchy subject for me as I want several dozen cartoon shows on DVD but all we get is crap like this because they just do not sell that well as season sets to justify making it. People are forced into buying a service like Amazon or Netflix and hope they'll be there forever to watch (or watching watching cartoons online illegally). Yeah, I'm behind the times, but I like the idea of a physical set to own until I drop dead. I'm old school like that.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    #15 Posted: 22:25:25 13/11/2016
    Pretty much. It's a pretty bad practice to this day, and only the super deluxe anime blu-ray sets get this consistently right. Smaller/lower budget cartoons think we'll eat up 5 episodes a pop when we can put 20 or more in the CD via -illegal animu site- not even close to its price.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:02 13/11/2016 by Bifrost
    #16 Posted: 22:27:19 13/11/2016
    Netflix shows generally end up on DVD in season sets, but not two weeks after the show airs. Just like virtually every other cartoon.
    #17 Posted: 23:28:56 13/11/2016
    Quote: UncleBob
    Netflix shows generally end up on DVD in season sets, but not two weeks after the show airs. Just like virtually every other cartoon.

It's still a **** practice to have 1 episode on a DVD disk when you know that they could put more on it than even the entire season. Some behind the scenes action would be great!
    #18 Posted: 00:01:36 14/11/2016
    Hopefully W3 shows up at gamestop.
    #19 Posted: 02:28:29 14/11/2016
    Quote: TheToyNerd
    It's still a **** practice [...]

No... it's a promotion. A free gift with purchase.

You're literally upset with the fact that Activision is cutting the price of the starters in half *and* including a free episode of the cartoon on DVD because you want more free stuff.
    #20 Posted: 11:05:10 14/11/2016
    Quote: UncleBob
    Quote: TheToyNerd
    It's still a **** practice [...]

No... it's a promotion. A free gift with purchase.

You're literally upset with the fact that Activision is cutting the price of the starters in half *and* including a free episode of the cartoon on DVD because you want more free stuff.

No. I'm upset that people are still doing this kind of thing in 2016 where Netflix and Hulu have full seasons of entire shows up on their site. I don't like that part of it. I understand it's a promotion, but it still stinks that companies STILL release shows this way. Like, why waste your time making a DVD for a promotional thing when you could've easily gone full digital and made it a download code for use of the Skylanders website or something. I'm more upset by the wastefulness rather than the promotion itself
    Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
    #21 Posted: 13:42:27 14/11/2016
    Is the Dark Starter mentioned in the Gamestop Black Friday deals?
    ---
    WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
    #22 Posted: 18:00:28 14/11/2016
    Quote:
    No. I'm upset that people are still doing this kind of thing in 2016 where Netflix and Hulu have full seasons of entire shows up on their site. I don't like that part of it. I understand it's a promotion, but it still stinks that companies STILL release shows this way. Like, why waste your time making a DVD for a promotional thing when you could've easily gone full digital and made it a download code for use of the Skylanders website or something. I'm more upset by the wastefulness rather than the promotion itself

It already *is* full digital (that's kinda Netflix's whole deal). And there's almost always a 'one month free' offer going around with Netflix (and I'd be shocked if there wasn't one printed in the DVD package - there was in the game package).

The DVD is simple. If you're a household that doesn't have Netflix, your kid gets this DVD. DVDs are *easy* to play. 4/5ths of current major game systems play 'em. I have 7 devices in the room I'm in right now that play DVDs. Kid watches the DVD. Kid likes DVD. Kid bugs parents for more Skylanders TV show. Parents finally have to look into this whole Netflix thing *and*, oh look, there's a free one month trial on the DVD package (almost like a download code!). Bonus for parents, you probably already have devices that play Netflix. There are 15 Netflix compatible devices in the room with me right now.
    #23 Posted: 18:26:49 14/11/2016
    Wait, it's an actual DVD? Thought it was a typo on Blu-ray since the word used to be more common.

I guess it's also more aggravating in this case because Skylanders Unite! is far from the best episode of SA, though. I didn't get sold on it until 3 episodes in, because Eric tried to put so much obvious development and dated jokes into the 2-parter it doesn't have the same feel as the rest of the show. Might do some harm if it starts getting bundled with outside stuff, though I doubt a kid will get too upset at this if they look past the fact it's alternate continuity.
    ---
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:17 14/11/2016 by Bifrost
    SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
    #24 Posted: 05:25:49 24/11/2016
    So do i got with $9 walmart or 9.99 gamestop (which also adds to the skylanders club after 4 now i think ? ) I dont mind paying an extra $4 plus tax to get a coupon for a free skylander down the road.
    #25 Posted: 08:00:30 24/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: SlayerX11
    So do i got with $9 walmart or 9.99 gamestop (which also adds to the skylanders club after 4 now i think ? ) I dont mind paying an extra $4 plus tax to get a coupon for a free skylander down the road.

Paying $4 more to get a free Skylander would be the way to go. Just make sure that the sale applies to the club, as they may say it won't.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    SlippyMagoo Green Sparx Gems: 135
    #26 Posted: 14:13:26 24/11/2016
    Crash Bandicoot Starter Pack is $40 at a Target.com right now.
    Cheshiremonkey Gold Sparx Gems: 2068
    #27 Posted: 16:02:28 24/11/2016
    Quote: SlippyMagoo
    Crash Bandicoot Starter Pack is $40 at a Target.com right now.

Thanks for the heads up!
    spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
    #28 Posted: 16:42:22 24/11/2016
    Solar Flare Aurora's out of stock...
    omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
    #29 Posted: 16:44:23 24/11/2016
    Quote: spyrocrash

thats good right? not becuse you didnt get one but becuse pepole bought all the solerflare aorura.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    #30 Posted: 16:44:31 24/11/2016

Oh wow! That's impressive. I mean, it's terrible for people like me who assumed this was going to be easy. Still, good on Skylanders for having a big ticket item
    #31 Posted: 16:52:02 24/11/2016

I don't think it's sold out, it doesn't even let you buy it. My stores either have only have 12 according to the stock checker, or none at all (probably because they didn't get a shipment in).
    ---
    Dead
    defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
    #32 Posted: 17:35:44 24/11/2016
    I don't think it was ever in stock for online purchase. Store only I believe, at least for now.
    #33 Posted: 20:12:44 24/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Yeah, I was there on the website when Target put her up for sale at 3 AM. She was never in stock and no local pick up. So I guess I'll have to go out and get her. I rather not miss out on her even though I think she'll be a common one to get like all their Turbos in the past. I wanted to get a Ember and Chopscotch anyway.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
    #34 Posted: 00:18:01 25/11/2016
    since i am getting a new pc this year my mom is taking me to stores during black friday to buy senseis and crystals
    ---
    Quote: Carmelita Fox
    YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
    Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #35 Posted: 01:16:14 25/11/2016
    Has anyone also found JB Chompy-Mage at Target or TRU?
    ---
    4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
    #36 Posted: 01:37:28 25/11/2016
    Got the 3 Legendary crystals at TRU and a Crash starter with Kaos at Target... $70! That's with tax, thanks to a TRU $5 coupon. Regular price would be $155. That's less than 1/2 price on everything! Score!

I did see Solar Flare Aurora, but not Jingle Bell Chompy Mage - Minneapolis area
    Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
    #37 Posted: 02:33:50 25/11/2016
    Quote: Skylandscaper

I checked with an employee on Wednesday, and read their back Friday flyer. No sale for the dark starter yet. You know it will happen eventually.
    ---
    Any last wishes?
    #38 Posted: 04:21:22 25/11/2016
    You can now order Solar Flare Aurora on Target's website, and get free shipping.
    ---
    Dead
    DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
    #39 Posted: 14:32:55 25/11/2016
    Thanks ordered mine ....and got local pickup...
    Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
    #40 Posted: 15:52:59 25/11/2016
    Okay, I think I have the best Black Friday story ever.

So I went to Target today at about 7:00 AM, because I didn't want to go out on Thanksgiving. I was nervous that I might have missed my chance, so I hurried to the Skylanders section - only to find no Solar Flare Aurora. As I was walking away, hoping that I could still order her online, I saw something out of the corner of my eye from behind all the Mysticats on the bottom shelf. A yellow package. I pulled it out, only to find that it was a Solar Flare Aurora. The last one, hidden behind all the ones on the bottom shelf! With that luck, I considered buying lottery tickets.

todaywasagoodday.jpg
    ---
    stoat2337 Gold Sparx Gems: 2270
    #41 Posted: 16:52:55 25/11/2016
    Quote: Wishblade

I checked with an employee on Wednesday, and read their back Friday flyer. No sale for the dark starter yet. You know it will happen eventually.

Thanks for saving me the trip!
    TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
    #42 Posted: 17:23:38 25/11/2016
    No Jingle Bell Chompy Mage today so far?
    Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
    #43 Posted: 19:39:36 25/11/2016
    Quote: stoat2337
    Quote: Wishblade

Thanks for saving me the trip!

You're welcome! Although when I went, it wasn't all a waste, I found Double Trouble 1.5 for $3.99.
    ---
    Any last wishes?
    #44 Posted: 19:49:53 25/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: Chompy-King257
    Okay, I think I have the best Black Friday story ever.

So I went to Target today at about 7:00 AM, because I didn't want to go out on Thanksgiving. I was nervous that I might have missed my chance, so I hurried to the Skylanders section - only to find no Solar Flare Aurora. As I was walking away, hoping that I could still order her online, I saw something out of the corner of my eye from behind all the Mysticats on the bottom shelf. A yellow package. I pulled it out, only to find that it was a Solar Flare Aurora. The last one, hidden behind all the ones on the bottom shelf! With that luck, I considered buying lottery tickets.

todaywasagoodday.jpg

You know, that basically had happened to me while looking for the Flocked Springtime Trigger Happy a few years ago. They were limited to ONE per Toys R Us store. I got there late at about 3 PM and the section was hit hard as lots of people were buying all the new wave figs that day. I looked though the racks and at the very bottom at the very back to the right was him! It was hard to tell because they don't actually denote in any way that he's different, but it was him. I was pretty excited about that find! I'm guessing he was probably the very first one put out on the shelf, that he came from a special box. The employees surely didn't know why he was special nor how he differed from the rest.

About SF Aurora, I was in line out in the freezing wintery cold waiting for an hour and a half to ensure that I would get one, so I saw at least 10 of them as I was the first (and the only one) who was after her at that time. One of them was BACKWARDS inside her box, her back facing me!!! smilie; I never saw an error package like that, but honestly it could have been easily faked as well. Some Target employee probably had opened the box and put her in backwards or whatever. I wish I had time to better check it out, but I wanted the heck out of there as I don't exactly like swimming though crowds.

So got out of Target in only 10 minutes, which was excellent, and I also got me a $10 Kaos from their Electronics Dept as part of their old week one inventory (not part of the Black Friday inventory of course). I'm pretty sure he'll be hard to find in the wild after today unless they do a restock of him during a later wave. I think that was the plan for Gear Shift, but I don't think she ever got that rerelease as she ended up being a peg warmer for the entire year.

In the end, I got 5 Skylanders on BF. SF Aurora, Kaos, Chopscoch, Ember and Mysticat. I didn't exactly want the other guys this year, so I didn't pick up any of them up. I'll get them on the super cheap, like how SuperChargers went cheap after a while.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
    #45 Posted: 19:52:30 25/11/2016
    becuse of some of the stories here i almost belived that soler flare aurora was the thrilipede.
    ---
    " i am thou, thou art i"
    #46 Posted: 20:30:43 25/11/2016 | Topic Creator
    Quote: omer1698
    becuse of some of the stories here i almost belived that soler flare aurora was the thrilipede.

Yeah, that's why I went out an hour and a half early and waited in the freezing cold. I'm pretty sure she won't be the Thrillipede, but I wasn't about to take any chances either. She's my fav character this year (until I get a Tidepool) so I'd hate to not have her variant.
    ---
    Stay Cool!
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me