darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Meijers all ready getting rid of Imaginators.
Page 1 of 1
Meijers all ready getting rid of Imaginators.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#1 Posted: 13:05:29 02/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Went to my Meijers today for Imaginators and they are all ready getting rid of them look below this is all they had left.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:18:21 02/11/2016 by trixster68
MekakuCityPKMN Yellow Sparx Gems: 1516
#2 Posted: 14:29:13 02/11/2016
Hello yes I will take that Ambush immediately. Thank.

But seriously, stating the obvious here, they probably are expecting Imaginators to follow Supercharger's path- aka directly down the drain. Still kind of crazy- we're not even a month after release!
---
"KRANK up the Sky-Chi!"

might be making a soft continuation of the series, idk
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#3 Posted: 14:31:50 02/11/2016
inb4 people start taking this as irrefutable proof that the game bombed even if it didn't break a month yet
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#4 Posted: 15:17:31 02/11/2016
heated discussion incoming...
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#5 Posted: 15:23:31 02/11/2016
isnt that good thing that the figuers are allmost sold out and its not the end of the mounth yet?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 16:33:14 02/11/2016
Maybe they just don't have the space to keep the figures in stock?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 17:59:58 02/11/2016
Quote: omer1698
isnt that good thing that the figuers are allmost sold out and its not the end of the mounth yet?

Given that most stores only got 2-3 of each figure and most haven't re-stocked, no that isn't a good thing. I'm sure most of the majors will carry them through the holidays, but afterwards if things don't pick up big time it will be a problem.

Right now, most buyers are players that enjoy it right away, but it is Christmas sales that make the difference, and I'm sure most parents aren't buying Christmas gift Skylanders yet.
#8 Posted: 18:03:55 02/11/2016
So christmas will be critical for the series, besides the christmas variens are there any skylanders relesing that day?.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#9 Posted: 19:37:07 02/11/2016
So christmas will be critical for the series, besides the christmas variens are there any skylanders relesing that day?.

Wave 3 will probably hit later this month - assuming they follow last year's model trying to bump up sales in the Black Friday period. I'm actually worried we even see much of Wave 4 and particularly Wave 5, the stores I have been to just aren't stocking much or doing anything to attract customers to Skylanders. Even TRU shoved it behind the area it used to be, and has half the space it used to command - and part of that is taken up by legacy Skylanders. I really don't see how they plan to sell 14+ different variants.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#10 Posted: 19:40:44 02/11/2016
Quote: defpally
Wave 3 will probably hit later this month

Some sites allowing preorders in Europe show that Wave 3 should be out there on Tuesday, Nov 15. I'd expect it to launch in the US no later than Sunday, Nov 20.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#11 Posted: 22:10:59 02/11/2016
Accidental Halloween markdown? They sorta look like Halloween monsters.
---
Stay Cool!
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#12 Posted: 01:35:14 03/11/2016
I've not read any posts or anything for a while now but I'm also a bit worried about how this game is actually selling now.
The stores around me seem to be even more well stocked then superchargers and that looks to be a very bad thing I think.
#13 Posted: 16:08:34 03/11/2016
Wait until the Christmas shopping rush, starting Black Friday. That's the true test of how well Imaginators will do.
#14 Posted: 16:15:37 03/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws
Wait until the Christmas shopping rush, starting Black Friday. That's the true test of how well Imaginators will do.

Absolutely. Parents have learned they do not have to buy as soon as they come out to get what their kids want, they can wait for the sales. When Giants came out, I was at the store at opening because I knew some would be hard to find later - and it was true. That is no longer the case, hence the only people rushing to store when it came out were mostly people that were going to play it right away.

I still think the franchise is taking a big dip, there are just some things that indicate that. Like the much lower levels of stocking, very low interest on the release date, stores not bothering with midnight events, etc. But, it does have the advantage of being the only TTL with a full new game this year, and a really cool gimmick. It is the best gimmick since Swap Force (which only wins because the toys were so cool and fun to play with).
#15 Posted: 16:26:48 03/11/2016
It is the best gimmick since Trap Team (which only wins because capturing and playing as villains is rad as heck).

Fixed that for you. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:27:10 03/11/2016 by McMurderpaws
#16 Posted: 19:04:39 03/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
inb4 people start taking this as irrefutable proof that the game bombed even if it didn't break a month yet

mfw people actually do that. Deleting the post above me doesn't mean nobody read it,CMB.

And yes, it'll be decided in Black Friday; not 10 days before the first month is over on any country and definately not because some users here predicted that's how it'll go because of X issue they made up(I know there are legitimate reasons, that's not the post I'm talking about).
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:14:10 03/11/2016 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#17 Posted: 19:09:25 03/11/2016
look the game bombed hard, this is the end guys.

Quote: trixster68
Went to my Meijers today for Imaginators and they are all ready getting rid of them look below this is all they had left.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#18 Posted: 19:11:19 03/11/2016
thats just first mounth, we cant just lose hope now, tfb put there heart and soul in this game and i refuse to belive it will end like this! there is still hope i just know it!.
only the major seals like christmes and black friday will determind that countmoneybone
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:36 03/11/2016 by omer1698
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#19 Posted: 19:14:10 03/11/2016
thats just first mounth, we cant just lose hope now, tfb put there heart and soul in this game and i refuse to belive it will end like this! there is still hope i just know it!.
only the major seals like christmes and black friday will determind that countmoneybone

at least it ended on a high note, it was the best skylander game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#20 Posted: 19:15:19 03/11/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

with all do respact you are not the one to deceid that!
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#21 Posted: 19:15:32 03/11/2016

Yeah, the game isn't selling too well in one store. ONE STORE, GUYS! The franchise is clearly dead!
It's not like this could be attributed to the store itself and it's also not like they already confirmed there's another game in development or anything.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:17:00 03/11/2016 by AdamGregory03
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#22 Posted: 19:16:26 03/11/2016

mfw people actually do that. Deleting the post above me doesn't mean nobody read it,CMB.

lol We all saw THIS coming. Negative CMB strikes again! Yaaaayy! X3

---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:03 03/11/2016 by Aura24
#23 Posted: 19:18:50 03/11/2016

Omer, believe me, due respect hasn't worked on him in the last 2 years. Just normal don't-stoop-to-fighting respect will do.

But back on the topic, man do I wish the guy on the US getting the game for me actually went to stores for the good sales. I'd actually get some low priority guys if it was this cheap to grab.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:19:28 03/11/2016 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 19:53:07 03/11/2016

I can't tell if this is satire or just trolling, but either way, it's first rate. smilie
#25 Posted: 19:55:48 03/11/2016
We cant just assume thats the end becuse of bad sales in one store agiens stores all over the world!
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#26 Posted: 19:57:30 03/11/2016

Omer, believe me, due respect hasn't worked on him in the last 2 years. Just normal don't-stoop-to-fighting respect will do.

But back on the topic, man do I wish the guy on the US getting the game for me actually went to stores for the good sales. I'd actually get some low priority guys if it was this cheap to grab.

Whoever the USA guy that's grabbing SkyLanders for you, let him know that Target is doing a Buy 2 Get 1 Free this week. Combine with a 5% off if he has a Target Red Card (credit or debit).
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:58:03 03/11/2016 by Portal___Master
#27 Posted: 20:08:29 03/11/2016
Nah, he isn't going to stores and told me to buy it and send it to his house :I I had to rely on Best Buy online and the sales there were already over, but hey, I can't complain about international purchases and free 2-day shipping; as long as the game gets here in one piece next week.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:09:05 03/11/2016 by Bifrost
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#28 Posted: 23:52:20 03/11/2016

It's amazing how the it's the end every year.
---
Dead
#29 Posted: 15:05:53 04/11/2016
Quote: mega spyro

It's amazing how the it's the end every year.

It is different this year. Last year no one had any real suspicions that there would not be a Skylanders game this year. Sales tanked hard, clearance went crazy early this year. And this year's release has been very underwhelming despite an outstanding gimmick and good game. Hopefully it will pick up on good word of mouth for Christmas, but the games have a two year development cycle, and VV was helping on this year's game and has a new Crash game underway (which will probably be their big focus for the coming year). There is good reason to suspect we won't be getting a new one next year - the gimmick will not transfer over very easily at all (and cause lots of upset if it doesn't, people grow attached to their creations). In fact this year's gimmick seems to be more of an "all in" thing.
#30 Posted: 15:24:35 04/11/2016
i dont care if there will not be new game next year as long there will be one in the year after.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:24:50 04/11/2016 by omer1698
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#31 Posted: 16:50:22 04/11/2016
Quote: McMurderpaws

Absolutely. Parents have learned they do not have to buy as soon as they come out to get what their kids want, they can wait for the sales. When Giants came out, I was at the store at opening because I knew some would be hard to find later - and it was true. That is no longer the case, hence the only people rushing to store when it came out were mostly people that were going to play it right away.

I still think the franchise is taking a big dip, there are just some things that indicate that. Like the much lower levels of stocking, very low interest on the release date, stores not bothering with midnight events, etc. But, it does have the advantage of being the only TTL with a full new game this year, and a really cool gimmick. It is the best gimmick since Swap Force (which only wins because the toys were so cool and fun to play with).

I actually think that sales of Imaginators will be AT LEAST as good as SC, and the main culprit of sales decline will be stock levels. If stock doesn't improve I may go out and say that Imaginators may decline about 10% from SC levels. Like everyone has said, let's see what happens come Black Friday.
#32 Posted: 20:21:42 04/11/2016
It's... Not really different this year. Kids aren't thinking of previous "betrayals" or the series performance, they're thinking "cool, I can create Eclipse the dragon with a dark past". Don't forget Activision is catering to a new set of guilible kids every year, old fans are just a side effect.
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#33 Posted: 21:51:39 10/11/2016
I wouldn't call the kids, gullible, Bifrost. Call them... Intrigued.

I blame the underwhelming sales of Imaginators on SC. Stores probably thought the sales of Imaginators would tank like SC's would.
But hey, no one told my local Walmart that... They moved the very very few Disney Infinity and Playmation stock they had and put them on a shelf behind the TTL section. They moved the LEGO Dimensions stock where the Playmation was and filled the rest of the section with Imaginators.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#34 Posted: 22:33:13 10/11/2016
I do have to use guilible because it's a group that doesn't know or care that the last set of 8-12 year olds went through some silly changes, which is a-ok to Activision as there's less complaints from parents. As they said in an interview, they don't want to keep their audience as they grow old, just reintroduce a new one every time.
---
#35 Posted: 00:17:33 11/11/2016
^ Truth. Kids are gullible, and that fact has been abused by marketing agencies for decades.
Friendzie Blue Sparx Gems: 611
#36 Posted: 01:35:40 14/11/2016
Meijers is not a national chain - half their stores are in Michigan. I haven't seen a clearance sale on Skylanders in my area. Just typical sales that they've been running since the first game. It wouldn't surprise me if fewer stores started carrying Skylanders, though. They're sold in a massive amount of places when you think about it.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#37 Posted: 05:11:51 14/11/2016
Quote: Friendzie
Meijers is not a national chain - half their stores are in Michigan. I haven't seen a clearance sale on Skylanders in my area. Just typical sales that they've been running since the first game. It wouldn't surprise me if fewer stores started carrying Skylanders, though. They're sold in a massive amount of places when you think about it.

this...I never even heard of Meijers until I started coming to DS ( I live in NH ). I also just see standard sales...and weak selection between Wal-Mart & Target, Gamestop is pretty much the only place I can usually get any Skylanders & amiibo 95% of the time
#38 Posted: 15:12:38 14/11/2016
So, I travel. I traveled to Houston last week for example. Went in to TRU to get the Legendary CCs that I missed from the year before. They were swimming in them. All of the starter packs were filled to the brim (as if to imply no even bought it day one), and there was plenty of stock for wave one/two. This picture matches my home TRU location. I'm trying to be honest/up front...but what I've seen so far looks abysmal compared to SC, which wasn't doing super but it was doing better than this.

As others have stated, it's all in the Christmas sales, but if the hardcore fans are refraining/left the franchise....I'll guess we'll see how much they have been propping up the franchise when the Holiday season starts.

BTW, the game plays great, figures look/play great, and I'm having a fun time....much more fun than in SC. It's in between Swap Force and Trap Team in my mind. Now let's see if it catches.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:14:28 14/11/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#39 Posted: 15:58:57 14/11/2016
mabey people just bought the starter pack in the pre order?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#40 Posted: 17:58:47 14/11/2016
mabey people just bought the starter pack in the pre order?

Maybe, it just didn't look "rummaged" like I'm used to seeing in years past.
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#41 Posted: 18:06:45 14/11/2016
Ohhh mah gawd the game didn't sell well in one store IT'S TEH END OH MAH GGAAAWWDDDD

Fixed.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me