darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > The developer that capped the selfies at 20 needs a swift kick.
Page 1 of 1
The developer that capped the selfies at 20 needs a swift kick.
GatorShea Green Sparx Gems: 361
#1 Posted: 04:25:48 31/10/2016 | Topic Creator
There is no reason for you to only be able to have 20 selfies. It also becomes a huge pain each time that you want to take a selfie and have to either delete one or a bunch. Seriously a dumb decision.
---
PSN: GatorShea Feel free to add me if you play on either the PS3 or PS4.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 04:37:58 31/10/2016
I know right? For such a forcefully implemented "innovation" they sure didn't give us much to work with just twenty selfies. Not to mention the loading screen takes forever just to delete a photo.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#3 Posted: 08:56:31 31/10/2016
"Hey, let's include a bunch of spots that give you cash when you use a selfie there?"
"Oh, wait, there's a cap on 20 selfies, so you can only use like, less than half of them."

Got to agree, I had some serious loading issues when I was at the cap.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#4 Posted: 08:57:01 31/10/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
Not to mention the loading screen takes forever just to delete a photo.

If you are full on selfies, delete them before you take the "21". You can delete them without it taking forever to load. Found that yesterday.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:11:08 31/10/2016 by shadowfox
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#5 Posted: 09:37:41 31/10/2016
If you have it on WiiU or even some other current gen stuff, you can also use the built in screenshot feature to keep the older ones, can't you?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#6 Posted: 10:52:58 31/10/2016
so what use is these selfies anyway?.. you get the coins after you taken the selfie and thats it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#7 Posted: 10:56:31 31/10/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
so what use is these selfies anyway?.. you get the coins after you taken the selfie and thats it.

You can also get funny pictures, though. I took one of an imaginator just at the right moment when he jumped and it looked like he was doing something bad near his crotch using his hand lol
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#8 Posted: 11:28:53 31/10/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

You can also get funny pictures, though. I took one of an imaginator just at the right moment when he jumped and it looked like he was doing something bad near his crotch using his hand lol

is there an option to save to a usb stick, or is only miiverse the salvation?... can you post it here?..
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#9 Posted: 11:32:59 31/10/2016
Only miiverse for Wii U, but PS4 and XBone both save screenshots as transportable files.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#10 Posted: 13:15:36 31/10/2016
Miiverse works nicely if you have it open on your pc to quickly open your post, but you're out of luck if you want a wallpaper - iirc in desktop the pictures are a measly 500x500 so selfies are even smaller.
---
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#11 Posted: 13:34:54 31/10/2016

There's a place in Skylanders Academy where you can display them and they give a boost to all skylanders of that class.
#12 Posted: 13:53:08 31/10/2016
Speaking of, you cannot display pictures of Kaos or Skylanders from previous games.
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#13 Posted: 15:15:53 31/10/2016
100% Agreed with the frustration at the 20 limit Selfie rule.

That is such a low number, you cant even have selfies of all the Senseis at once.

IMO, at the very least, make the limit the # of Senseis, even excluding variants.

If I had a say in the development process, I would encourage the limit to be in accordance to your harddrive space on your console, soooo almost limitless.

Most people wont take more than 100 selfies and that would be more than sufficient. It would be overkill, but to the gamer's benefit.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#14 Posted: 15:46:25 31/10/2016
I'm pretty annoyed about how the selfies images are heavily compressed, reducing their quality further.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Partajeesus Blue Sparx Gems: 833
#15 Posted: 19:38:21 31/10/2016
Quote: PwnageFTW

is there an option to save to a usb stick, or is only miiverse the salvation?... can you post it here?..

No need to use miiverse with anything.

When you want to take a screenshot just press the home button and go to web browser.
Go to image hosting site of your choice and upload the picture. It will give you a choice between the picture that was on the gamepad screen or the one that was on tv screen.
Lots of image hosting sites work, but I used postimage.org.

I have lots of screenshots from wiiu games and never posted anything on miiverse and never will because it decreases picture quality a lot.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:05 31/10/2016 by Partajeesus
#16 Posted: 20:04:20 31/10/2016
That's interesting. Does it work on 3DS as well?
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#17 Posted: 20:10:54 31/10/2016
I was very surprised with the 20 selfie limit. I thought I went back into time and was using a 256 MG memory card in a late 90s Canon PowerShot on the highest image quality possible (this you about 20 images as well). My trouble is that I keep accidentally activating the camera in the mist of battle over and over again, so I'm pretty fed up with it and I wish there was a way to turn it off.
---
Stay Cool!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#18 Posted: 20:38:48 31/10/2016
There's always a reason for this kind of decisions even if it seems dumb.
---
bye
#19 Posted: 20:50:55 31/10/2016
Quote: Partajeesus

No need to use miiverse with anything.

When you want to take a screenshot just press the home button and go to web browser.
Go to image hosting site of your choice and upload the picture. It will give you a choice between the picture that was on the gamepad screen or the one that was on tv screen.
Lots of image hosting sites work, but I used postimage.org.

I have lots of screenshots from wiiu games and never posted anything on miiverse and never will because it decreases picture quality a lot.

Whoa, didn't know that. Thanks!
---
#20 Posted: 22:10:51 31/10/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
That's interesting. Does it work on 3DS as well?

To answer my own question, no. It does not, because the 3DS annoyingly only allows you to upload images from the SD card, and as basically every 3DS owner knows, in-game screenshots cannot be saved to the SD card, only Miiverse.

Slightly off-topic, since it's not Imaginators-related, but I was hoping I could use it for older 3DS Skylanders games. Oh well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:12:08 31/10/2016 by Nightmoon
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 23:49:52 31/10/2016
I need more than 20 slots to hold my collection of photos of air strike making weird faces.

smol redneck mustache man with his birb friend needs to be immortalized.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me