darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > new here/to the game would appreciate some information.
Page 1 of 1
new here/to the game would appreciate some information.
Jmp119 Red Sparx Gems: 24
#1 Posted: 00:00:22 31/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi, i just recently bought the game for my little brother for his birthday.

i havent played any console games for so long i am more of an mmorpg pc gamer.
I just want to say this game is really fun and interesting EVEN FOR ME. i actually like this game last console game i played was probably black ops call of duty. yeah that long.
this game has revived my passion to play console games. not only is it fun but it gave me something with my little brother to play together hes only 6 but he is able to play it like he knows so much. ( he watched youtube videos alot) but he never played it so i decided to get it for him for his birthday. but anyways this imaginators one is so great considering you can make your own and level it up just personalizing it is the best thing.

anyways sorry for the rant i just wanted to express my feelings toward this game.
so basically i got a couple of questions. ( I apologize if it has been asked/stated before im new to the forums literally googled this so i can get info)
I bought the starter pack with 2 senseis and flame crystal ( bought 4 more crystals to play around with)
-1st my brother and i play 2 imaginators that we made religiously since we like the classes we made. we both got them to lvl 17 but our bars are full its not lvling to 18 anymore or what not do i need to buy a sensei to get more levels on it? because im confused i thought max level was 20 ( googled it) found info that i need senseis just need some clarification on that.
-2nd is this permanently gonne be "buy more crystals to make new classes" since hey id be neat if we could try more classes than having to buy more and more crystals just to test out what we want.
-3rd any recommendations on what i should buy next if i decide to get more crystals/senseis to suprise my little brother ( parents are seperated i only get to see my little brother every other week sad but yeah) hes 6 and he likes flashy/fast stuff in game hes been playing quick shot alot and if you guys could recommend something around that flashy/quick area id appreciate it

anyways sorry for the wall of text i appreciate all answers.! thank you guys.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#2 Posted: 00:05:55 31/10/2016
1- You need to buy more Senseis for more levels, the normal cap is 15, but you increased it by 2 with King Pen and Golden Queen. Max level is 20 for regular characters,but Imaginators can go as high as 48 or 50(currently unknown) if you get more Senseis.

2- We have some exploits to reset crystals but the intention is that the class is locked forever(to sell more crystals obviously). If you have a 3DS or Wii/WiiU, then get the respective version of Giants(3DS or Wii) on the cheap and enjoy the REAL sea of options by resetting the crystals there, or if you're up to the risk there is the Skylanders Figure Tool for Windows on the Toys and Merchandise section of the forum.

3 - Can't help with that but I'm sure other users can. For characters other than Senseis,though, you can probably find older Skylanders on the cheap, and if you want flashy and fast, look no further than speedsters like Stealth Elf,High Five and Spitfire.

Welcome to the forums!
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:07:08 31/10/2016 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#3 Posted: 00:08:28 31/10/2016
1st, you can only level up your imaginators via new senseis, so you will need to buy more to get them to higher levels.

2nd, there is a way to reset battle classes on your crystals. You're, gonna need a wii or 3ds though. What you do is get the giants version on 3ds or Wii and go to toy management I think it is and choose "reset broken toy" while the crystal is on the portal. When you put it back in imaginators, it should ask you to pick a new battleclass.

3rd, I reccomend next time you buy more crystals if you want to have more fun with your brother creating more characters. Or you could get senseis to level up your imaginators, and place them on the portal when your imaginators are low and do their sky chi to deal tons of damage on enemies (at least that's what I do a lot). Just don't buy the mystery chests. Farming chests is SUPER easy in the game via undead sensei realm, located in a secret area near the Mushroom River level in the M.A.P. You can use either Chopscotch, Candy Coated Chopscotch, Wolfgang, or Dark Wolfgang to gain access to it. There is also Pit Boss and Legendary Pit Boss, but they will come out in a later wave.

Hope you and your bro have fun with the game smilie
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#4 Posted: 06:17:36 31/10/2016
as others have already said, regular figures max out at level 20, while Imaginators max at 15 and increase their cap by 1 for each Sensei used on the portal.

For recommendations, I suggest getting a Sensei of each remaining element & class. This will allow access to all levels and give all classes of Imaginators their full slate of powers. The 3 adventure packs will also add new levels in addition to new Senseis to play as ( and 2 come with a crystal ), which gives you more replay value.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#5 Posted: 16:45:38 31/10/2016
Special sensei characters add to the level cap along with their normal versions, so for example having both King Pen and Dark King Pen would make the level cap go from 15 to 17.

Since all of the special characters have been discovered, there are a total of 43 senseis to collect (if they are all released that is). Add those 43 levels to the 15 levels you start with, means 58 levels.

Here is the kicker. Apparently chase/rare senseis also add to the level cap, so people that are able to collect figures like clear Starcast and pink Barbella and whatever else comes out can go beyond 58.

IMO I'd consider 58 to be the true max (again, if all figures are released) even though it's apparently possible to go higher.

[EDIT] Correction: seems not all special senseis have been discovered after all, so 58 is probably not the max.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:33 01/11/2016 by Dahvoo
#6 Posted: 17:13:26 31/10/2016 | Topic Creator
thanks for all the answers guys i appreciate it!

and holy max lvl 58 if u get all the stuff rofl isnt that a lil op
#7 Posted: 18:22:19 31/10/2016
Don't forget duplicated gear also doubling stats. Imaginators put several disgustingly OP skylanders to shame, probably so you can use any combination to your heart's delight.
---
#8 Posted: 19:18:13 31/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Don't forget duplicated gear also doubling stats. Imaginators put several disgustingly OP skylanders to shame, probably so you can use any combination to your heart's delight.

Hi what do u mean by duplicated gear=double stat?? Can you explain if thats cool
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#9 Posted: 19:49:48 31/10/2016
If you get an item in a imaginite chest you already have unlocked, it gives that item a Stat increase.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 20:08:33 31/10/2016
You'll have to get multiple duplicates of the same piece of gear to get it all the way to double. Someone posted a gear whose +5 stat only increased to +6 upon getting the first duplicate.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#11 Posted: 20:50:07 31/10/2016
I was typing in a hurry and worded it wrong, but someone playing frequently will probably get a lot of stats on the commons in a few weeks.
---
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#12 Posted: 02:41:25 01/11/2016
Well, Jmp119, I've got an Imaginator that is an Undead Sentinel. He's currently at level 39. His attack and armor strength are currently at 150+, with speed and luck/elemental strength at 120+.
Some tips. When your Imanginator hits level 6, immediately switch your character's gear and weapon for Ultimate level items. If you choose wisely, your Imaginators will be pretty much unstoppable with each time you level up.
As my fellow Portal Masters mentioned, the more Sensei you have, the higher your Imaginator can go.
Initially, your Imaginator can go up to level 15 w/o any Sensei. But if you get each Sensei, that's an additional 31 levels. That would make your level cap at 46. But if you get any of the Sensei variants, they add more levels to your Imaginator's maximum level. Which means if you add all three Dark variants, Steel-Plated Hood Sickle (Best Buy only), legendary tri-tip (TRU) and Candy-Coated Chopscotch, that would increase your cap to 52....depending on how many more variants will be released.
Hope that helps?
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
#13 Posted: 15:57:51 01/11/2016
Quote: Insane01
But if you get any of the Sensei variants, they add more levels to your Imaginator's maximum level. Which means if you add all three Dark variants, Steel-Plated Hood Sickle (Best Buy only), legendary tri-tip (TRU) and Candy-Coated Chopscotch, that would increase your cap to 52....depending on how many more variants will be released.

The game data has been hacked and there are 12 special senseis. If you include the 31 normal senseis, that means you can go 43 levels above the 15 level start, for a total of 58 levels (assuming they release every character). But like I said in my previous post, some people who manage to get the rare/chase variants can potentially go higher.

[EDIT] it looks like there are more than 12 special senseis. I just saw a post about an easter themed sensei. :/

Maybe the max level is meant to top out at 60 not including rare/chase.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:55:33 01/11/2016 by Dahvoo
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#14 Posted: 14:43:20 10/11/2016
So to be clear, as my son has been saving up his money for this game and we're hoping he can get it on Black Friday, he has to have a crystal for every Skylander Imaginator he creates? That's his biggest excitement about this game (as it probably is with most people). He's been fooling around with the app a lot, but I'm sure he'll get bummed if he can only create one to start off with and have to pay $10 every time he wants to create another one. Seems a bit much. I can understand it if they did something like Trap Team where you can create as many as you want, but you can't play with them in the game unless you save it to a crystal. They would just be stored somewhere in the Academy or something (like switching out villains to your traps). Also, do you have to have a Sensei of every element/class to unlock everything? We've about given up on Skylanders because we have so many and it's getting to be a pain to store them all (or step on them when the kids leave them out and don't keep them organized). My wife said "no more", but we ended up getting Superchargers really cheap for his birthday and we picked up a few vehicles on the cheap. But he really wants Imaginators and is willing to save up his own money to buy the game. We want to honor that, but wasn't sure what this was going to cost us in the long run.
#15 Posted: 15:01:50 10/11/2016
Technically yes, but you can use Pyrofer's Tool(backup an empty crystal, then use that to replace a full crystal) or the 3DS exploit to reuse crystals; but to keep them instead of recreating, I'm not too sure the backup works.

Senseis of each element unlock an entire new level, but for level stuff, you only need one. They also raise level cap and unlock a skill for the first one of that class, but those don't add up to 100%.
---
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#16 Posted: 16:03:07 10/11/2016
Quote: obidawsn
he has to have a crystal for every Skylander Imaginator he creates?

As Bifrost said, crystals can be reset, but they're also element-specific (you need a water crystal to create an Imaginator of the water element, etc). You'll need at least one crystal of each element that your son wants to create. So it might be best to advise him not to double-up on elements when creating characters in the app. At least that way, he can play around with one character on each crystal, resetting as necessary, until he finds a combination that he likes.

Quote:
I can understand it if they did something like Trap Team where you can create as many as you want, but you can't play with them in the game unless you save it to a crystal. They would just be stored somewhere in the Academy or something (like switching out villains to your traps).

Unfortunately, Activision isn't playing nice in this regard. There's no in-game function to reset the crystals, and there's no vault to store your created Imaginators. Currently, they want you to create an Imaginator, write it to the crystal permanently, and that's it. If you want to create another character of the same element, Activision wants you to run out and buy another crystal. =/

Quote:
Also, do you have to have a Sensei of every element/class to unlock everything?

There are elemental zones on the overworld map that can only be opened by a sensei of that element.

Each battle class has four secret techniques (combat abilities). The first three become available as you level up your Imaginator and beat certain boss characters in the game. The final one is unlocked by having a sensei of that class. (Note that your Imaginator can only have one secret technique active at any time, so even if you don't get the sensei, you'll still have three to choose from.)

You can take a look at this list here and see if you think the fourth technique for each class is worth buying a sensei for.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133310
#17 Posted: 16:18:10 10/11/2016
To unlock all areas of the game, you'd need at least one sensei of every element. Depending on the starter pack, you get at least 2 sensei's already (Water and Earth) or up to 3 (Undead also in dark starter) or 4 (Life and Tech also in Crash starter).

That leaves needing to buy between 8 senseis or as few as 6.

Keep in mind the adventure packs also unlock new content, and those come with their own senseis. Gryphon Observatory pack comes with Air and Elven Forest pack comes with Life. Depending on if you get the Crash stater or not, that unlocks Thumpa Wumpa pack and again comes with Life and Tech.

So you'd have to buy at least single sensei figures for Dark, Light, Fire, Magic. If you don't get the dark stater, you'd also need an Undead sensei.

In total you'd end up with a minimum of 11 senseis. Once of each element including two Life senseis (Crash and Boom Bloom) which are each needed for their adventure packs.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me