Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > When an angry, chubby, white feminist girl comes in....
Page 1 of 1
When an angry, chubby, white feminist girl comes in.... [CLOSED]
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1 Posted: 16:17:30 23/10/2016 | Topic Creator
And tells you that because you're a white man you're just ignorant on abortion.....

I'm not even pro-life btw, I think that as long as it's before the 20th week (when the nervous system of the fetus develops) it's fine.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:23:16 23/10/2016 by Mrmorrises
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#2 Posted: 16:50:21 23/10/2016
Well, don't forget to tell her she's probably ignorant on everything that doesn't pertain to social justice as well. Since if she's worried about your skin and gender equating to your knowledge, she's kinda being racist and sexist.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:50:32 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#3 Posted: 18:59:34 23/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Well, don't forget to tell her she's probably ignorant on everything that doesn't pertain to social justice as well. Since if she's worried about your skin and gender equating to your knowledge, she's kinda being racist and sexist.

You're a example of a great sharp tonge.

I need to say this to my sister...
---
Bruh
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#4 Posted: 23:24:54 24/10/2016
aren't all feminists just a bunch of racist sexist people maynnn

i mean reallyyyy
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:46:14 25/10/2016 by cowpowa23
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#5 Posted: 07:45:49 25/10/2016

Very well said.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#6 Posted: 08:00:38 25/10/2016
I get the feeling that these kind of people will quickly start to disappear once their narrative disappears. It just seems more like a trend than anything else.
#7 Posted: 08:44:42 25/10/2016
Quote: Samius
I get the feeling that these kind of people will quickly start to disappear once their narrative disappears. It just seems more like a trend than anything else.

If only. Last generation being a spoiled teenager without big things to worry about created edgelords. The ideology changes only slightly.
---
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#8 Posted: 09:04:26 25/10/2016

If only. Last generation being a spoiled teenager without big things to worry about created edgelords. The ideology changes only slightly.

If you can point me to a time when people weren't edgelords in their teens then I applaud you. The vast majority don't say things like Mrmorrises described. It's clearly just a group of people that grew up in very specific social surroundings (that is: echo chambers). I'd wager that in a couple of years something else will take it's place.
#9 Posted: 09:54:49 25/10/2016
Well, it felt like a bigger community when I was growing up than now, and they still both have a thing for hiding their inscurities under a "you just don't understand" excuse.
---
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#10 Posted: 11:14:07 25/10/2016
Quote: cowpowa23

i mean reallyyyy

Feminism really just means everyone is equal no matter the sex, race, or age, but over the years its meaning has been warped to what a lot of people see it as today.
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#11 Posted: 12:58:06 25/10/2016

Most third wave feminists or what you would describe as SJWs are college students though.
Edgelord teenagers are more likely to be focused on the government itself.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#12 Posted: 13:28:10 25/10/2016
Quote: CAV

Most third wave feminists or what you would describe as SJWs are college students though.
Edgelord teenagers are more likely to be focused on the government itself.

i beg to differ
the most out there and violent SJW feminists ive pretty much ever seen are pretty much all 14 or 15, i have a few dual credit ones in my public speaking class and boy howdy are their viewpoints scary
go check out like literally any tumblr im sure youll find someone along the lines of that
#13 Posted: 13:34:34 25/10/2016
It's both; I see pleeenty at my uni as well that make up a new sub-ideology of feminism every other day, but also teens on tumblr who don't sound like they ever had any real issues on their lives, so they need to make up problems, and think the world is what the internet tells them. Generally the latter is the one that creates the witch/dragon/cosmos-genders too.

I guess edgy teenagers might go through anarchism and "I just had my first philosphy class" phase, but it's not too different from SJWs that also just had their first sociology/geopolitics class and think the world is an evil men dystopia.
---
#14 Posted: 13:50:43 25/10/2016
I feel like at best those teenagers are merely aping what the college students come up with in attempt to seem smarter than the rest. They can definitely go crazy with it but they aren't necessarily harmful.

I've just felt and seen that a lot of the SJWs and mega-feminists that people complain about are in that late-teens/early 20s range as they enter college studying sociology and women's history. College has frequently been a breeding ground for liberal (and ultra-liberal) viewpoints. When I hear the term "SJW" my first thought comes to a 22 year old studying psychology, sociology, or women's rights in a cheap community college (may also wear large glasses and have exotic colored hair).
Aren't the majority of tumblr users in that college age range too?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:51:49 25/10/2016 by CAV
#15 Posted: 14:05:45 25/10/2016
Kinda, I recall that the average was 17 years a while ago.
I don't even need to remember women's studies from uni, this week the whole Science Must Fall nonsense is SJWs in a nutshell - trying to be so right and above it all they lose track of the facts over feels.
---
#16 Posted: 14:06:21 25/10/2016
It's both; I see pleeenty at my uni as well that make up a new sub-ideology of feminism every other day, but also teens on tumblr who don't sound like they ever had any real issues on their lives, so they need to make up problems, and think the world is what the internet tells them. Generally the latter is the one that creates the witch/dragon/cosmos-genders too.

I guess edgy teenagers might go through anarchism and "I just had my first philosphy class" phase, but it's not too different from SJWs that also just had their first sociology/geopolitics class and think the world is an evil men dystopia.

personally i think a lot of tumblr is based off someone making a joke, some people not understanding that joke is a joke, then following that jokes idea
thats exactly how that stupid shoplifting movement actually managed to get off the ground

the blog got taken down by tumblrbecause it was too extreme even for them, but try and look on wayback machine to find "the-red-church", and then youll understand exactly what im talking about

I feel like at best those teenagers are merely aping what the college students come up with in attempt to seem smarter than the rest. They can definitely go crazy with it but they aren't necessarily harmful.

I've just felt and seen that a lot of the SJWs and mega-feminists that people complain about are in that late-teens/early 20s range as they enter college studying sociology and women's history. College has frequently been a breeding ground for liberal (and ultra-liberal) viewpoints. When I hear the term "SJW" my first thought comes to a 22 year old studying psychology, sociology, or women's rights in a cheap community college (may also wear large glasses and have exotic colored hair).
Aren't the majority of tumblr users in that college age range too?

idk man, it seems like a lot of them recently think theyre better than the older ones, but also hold somewhat more radical beliefs that they actually believe (i.e. the shoplifting community, TERFs, ect.)
most tumblr people are around that age but theres still a huge number of entitled 14 and 15 year olds that think they know more because they watched a few youtube videos

also i dont like the fact that i fit most of your criteria for that, but hey at least im not advocating for stealing from people
#17 Posted: 14:29:13 25/10/2016
I think that comes down to conformist nature. The teenager sees the slightly older guys doing it (as well as other teenagers) and want to be a part of something, so do it themselves. For a site full of people who like to talk about how they're going against the norm and not conforming to anyone's ideals, they sure do conform a lot.
(dS is just as guilty of this btw)

Also college kids go the same way. Take one women's studies or philosophy class and you now think you know better. It's something everyone is guilty of in some way (I'm pretty sure I'll have to take philosophy later; watch me fall into the same pit).

I knew someone would get bothered by my description there, but it's really just the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the term. That's bolstered when this is your first result when googling feminist.
It's not a knock against anyone who wears hipster glasses or colors their hair.

I'm debating coloring my hair.
#18 Posted: 14:42:40 25/10/2016
I remember my first real good philosophy class when I was like 14- the guy didn't stick for 6 months because the school was ****, but he knew his stuff and made everything about greek philosophy exciting. You definately feel like you should rebel and that it's magical knowledge that makes you instantly better, but thankfully I didn't really get too involved to go edgy since I was trying to get better on other subjects.
---
#19 Posted: 15:13:44 25/10/2016
I think that comes down to conformist nature. The teenager sees the slightly older guys doing it (as well as other teenagers) and want to be a part of something, so do it themselves. For a site full of people who like to talk about how they're going against the norm and not conforming to anyone's ideals, they sure do conform a lot.
(dS is just as guilty of this btw)

Also college kids go the same way. Take one women's studies or philosophy class and you now think you know better. It's something everyone is guilty of in some way (I'm pretty sure I'll have to take philosophy later; watch me fall into the same pit).

I knew someone would get bothered by my description there, but it's really just the first thing that comes to mind when I hear the term. That's bolstered when this is your first result when googling feminist.
It's not a knock against anyone who wears hipster glasses or colors their hair.

I'm debating coloring my hair.

oh yeah, definitely
they kind of become their own hivemind of "conform to our ideas or watch as we belittle you over the internet", and not many sites can avoid that
tumblr, reddit, and 4chan all have their own hordes of idea enforcers, and not even dS is safe from that kind of stuff, but bias is ALWAYS inevitable when it comes to morals

also i recommend taking sociology instead, you can largely focus on one thing that youre really passionate about and theres like 4000 different topics

eh, understandable
there has to be some sterotype, im just glad i dont fit it to a T

you know what im gonna say, ****ing do it, youll look rad af

I remember my first real good philosophy class when I was like 14- the guy didn't stick for 6 months because the school was ****, but he knew his stuff and made everything about greek philosophy exciting. You definately feel like you should rebel and that it's magical knowledge that makes you instantly better, but thankfully I didn't really get too involved to go edgy since I was trying to get better on other subjects.

thats how most philosophy and sociology classes end up, you just have to make sure it doesnt get to your head too much
my sociology teacher was AMAZING and, even though i didnt fully agree with all her viewpoints, she could really rally the class like that
#20 Posted: 15:57:15 25/10/2016
That's just how people are. Everyone is going to conform to at least one thing. Even if they don't conform to what's popular they may still be conforming to some other fandom or camp.

It's something I have to think about later, if I even need to still take it (history of film might actually fulfill that requirement).

I need to determine a color that fits and maybe grow it out a bit more.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#21 Posted: 05:04:55 26/10/2016
men are oppressive because our pants have deeper pockets
---
BREATHE AIR.
#22 Posted: 05:11:24 26/10/2016
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
men are oppressive because our pants have deeper pockets

this patriarchal oppression has gone on way too long
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#23 Posted: 08:29:23 26/10/2016
I was walking down the street and you wouldn't believe what happened.

A MAN stared at ME. A MAAAAAAN. I'm completely traumatised, how dare a cis white MALE starerape me like that. All men should be banned. Men are evil. Men are a disgrace.
#24 Posted: 08:43:02 26/10/2016
Something something Hugh Mungus.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#25 Posted: 09:03:57 26/10/2016
Quote: SuperSpyroFan55
Quote: cowpowa23

i mean reallyyyy

Feminism really just means everyone is equal no matter the sex, race, or age, but over the years its meaning has been warped to what a lot of people see it as today.

And the warped definition of how people see Feminism/Feminist today is technically Misandrists. Which a lot of SJWs would say "Do not exist". Which we all know that is a real crock of **** there.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#26 Posted: 13:23:28 26/10/2016
This reminds me.
What has the feminist movement done in the last 10 years.
Tell me if you know.
---
Ligi
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#27 Posted: 13:32:11 26/10/2016
muh free tampons
#28 Posted: 13:33:26 26/10/2016
Dunno about the one that actually acts for good(looking through news is only exaggerated clickbait), but SJWs have gotten several people doxxed, out of a job, ran out of their internet fandoms or communities, and drove some to suicide attempts. Great achievements, Reddit's Boston Bombing drama would be proud.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#29 Posted: 13:49:18 26/10/2016
This topic gives a bit of hope in society.

Seems not everybody has been infected by the extreme SJW.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#30 Posted: 20:14:04 26/10/2016
Quote: whirlwind fan
I was walking down the street and you wouldn't believe what happened.

A MAN stared at ME. A MAAAAAAN. I'm completely traumatised, how dare a cis white MALE starerape me like that. All men should be banned. Men are evil. Men are a disgrace.

sorry .
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me