Page 1 of 1
Switching to Nightmare Mode
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#1 Posted: 13:12:55 23/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Hi All

Just asking a quick question for my kids

They want to try nightmare mode but in the menu it implies that after setting nightmare mode that they cannot change back
As they are quite young i didnt want them to be stuck in nightmare if it's too hard for them to enjoy it

So can anyone confirm that they would be stuck in that mode or can it be changed back to another difficulty (we are on the Wii U if that helps)

Thanks
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 13:14:37 23/10/2016
It's tied to the save file, unlike SC, so it'll be locked.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#3 Posted: 13:19:01 23/10/2016
ISN'T THAT THE DUMBEST THING? IT SHOULD BE UNLOCKED FROM THE START! No reason to have it locked, and I don't think many people will want to charge through the game again.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#4 Posted: 13:38:55 23/10/2016
HIHD... that's not the kind of lock he was asking about. Once you start playing on Nightmare Mode (which you can only do by starting from scratch on a new save, after beating Kaos on one of the 3 initial difficulties), you're stuck in it for that entire save file.

You'll still have the original save file to fall back on (unless you overwrote it or otherwise deleted it) if Nightmare proves to be too difficult for them.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 13:43:37 23/10/2016
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
ISN'T THAT THE DUMBEST THING? IT SHOULD BE UNLOCKED FROM THE START! No reason to have it locked, and I don't think many people will want to charge through the game again.

I actually prefer it that you have to beat the game once to unlock it. It gives further incentive to actually make a new save file. And plus by then you'd have leveled up your Skylanders, so it could be considered an extra test of your skills.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#6 Posted: 13:44:18 23/10/2016
Quote: Nightmoon
HIHD... that's not the kind of lock he was asking about. Once you start playing on Nightmare Mode (which you can only do by starting from scratch on a new save, after beating Kaos on one of the 3 initial difficulties), you're stuck in it for that entire save file.

You'll still have the original save file to fall back on (unless you overwrote it or otherwise deleted it) if Nightmare proves to be too difficult for them.

Oh I know, I was jut wanted to get my thought out on Nightmare being locked, I been wanting to get it out for a while.

@Adam. Couldn't one just switch to nightmare mode like in a VV game and playthrough a level/the levels again? What's the benefit of making a new file when it's simply easier to just have one where you can just switch to Nightmare? That way if it does get too hard, you can switch easily to a easier difficulty.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:49:47 23/10/2016 by HeyitsHotDog
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 14:03:51 23/10/2016
@Adam. Couldn't one just switch to nightmare mode like in a VV game and playthrough a level/the levels again? What's the benefit of making a new file when it's simply easier to just have one where you can just switch to Nightmare? That way if it does get too hard, you can switch easily to a easier difficulty.

I can understand that. I just personally don't find that as rewarding. Plus I think having it locked at the start offers more replayability.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Zenathil Red Sparx Gems: 59
#8 Posted: 14:10:16 23/10/2016

Oh I know, I was jut wanted to get my thought out on Nightmare being locked, I been wanting to get it out for a while.

The reason they made it so you can't do it on a level by level basis is the set that beating Kaos on nightmare unlocks. You're meant to play through everything to unlock it not just do the story levels and Kaos on beginner then switch Kaos to nightmare for your second kill.
---
(smilie smilie smilie) (smilie smilie smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 14:10:37 23/10/2016
Yeah, games have always had a "New Game Plus" thing. It's been around forever! It's not supposed to be convenient, it's supposed to be a challenge to conquer
#10 Posted: 14:13:59 23/10/2016
Also because they might feel switching back a difficulty is cheesing it. The issue sorta solves itself - to get to Nightmare, the younger player will beat the other modes first, so it's a self imposed challenge.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:12 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
#11 Posted: 14:15:54 23/10/2016
Also if someone plays on nightmare from the beginning, gets a few levels in then hits a brick wall they're likely to quit the game instead of restarting on a lower difficulty.
---
(smilie smilie smilie) (smilie smilie smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie)
#12 Posted: 14:21:13 23/10/2016
You all make good point, but it's more so just outta convienence I'd like to be able to switch to nightmare when unlocking it then having to make another profile.
---
#13 Posted: 14:28:28 23/10/2016
If they made it convenient then there's almost no point to having a nightmare mode. From my experience I didn't really notice any difference between nightmare and expert anyway. To me it was just expert mode without the possibility of cheesing speed runs or boss fights that you can't get through.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#14 Posted: 14:31:25 23/10/2016
Nightmare mode isn't supposed to be convenient though, it's supposed to be a nightmare.
---
Boop me if you see this.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#15 Posted: 14:56:13 23/10/2016
Quote: Zenathil

The reason they made it so you can't do it on a level by level basis is the set that beating Kaos on nightmare unlocks. You're meant to play through everything to unlock it not just do the story levels and Kaos on beginner then switch Kaos to nightmare for your second kill.

wait...beating nightmare unlocks a set? you have to play on a second file AGAIN? ffs TFB, learn how to do difficulties & NG+....are the parts profile based or save file based? I'm freaking sick of having to do this separate file bs to unlock something....I want 100%, I can't do that on nightmare due to the sheer difficulty of it ( don't lose a Skylander dare is IMPOSSIBLE on nightmare... )
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#16 Posted: 15:06:33 23/10/2016
I'm waiting until Christmas to start Nightmare mode
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#17 Posted: 15:15:25 23/10/2016
Parts are unlocked across every save file. Don't worry, no Knight Helm or Rainbow Hat situation, the final Set is acessible anywhere after it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:16:34 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 15:17:36 23/10/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf
wait...beating nightmare unlocks a set? you have to play on a second file AGAIN? ....are the parts profile based or save file based?

Yes, the Wasteland Warrior Set. And it's profile-based.
---
#19 Posted: 15:18:40 23/10/2016
Do we know what Nightmare mode unlocks?
---
#20 Posted: 15:27:47 23/10/2016
The Wasteland Warrior Set. I already told you in the post immediately before yours.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:28:22 23/10/2016 by Nightmoon
#21 Posted: 15:49:22 23/10/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf
Quote: Zenathil

wait...beating nightmare unlocks a set? you have to play on a second file AGAIN? ffs TFB, learn how to do difficulties & NG+....are the parts profile based or save file based? I'm freaking sick of having to do this separate file bs to unlock something....I want 100%, I can't do that on nightmare due to the sheer difficulty of it ( don't lose a Skylander dare is IMPOSSIBLE on nightmare... )

It's far from impossible, the only level I've had any trouble with on any difficulty is the amusement park.
---
CynderFanatic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3028
#22 Posted: 03:40:14 11/12/2016
Let me make sure I understand this correctly (sorry for being dense)...

1. To play Nightmare Mode, on XBox One: I need to start "Save Slot 2" and select Nightmare, correct? Then, for that 2nd save slot, it will ALWAYS be Nightmare Mode and I will never be able to change it, right?

2. On my Nightmare slot, once I defeat Kaos, it will unlock the Wasteland Warrior Set and that set will be saved on both my 2nd Nightmare Mode slot and my 1st Adventurer Mode slot?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie Hey Ladies smilie smilie smilie smilie
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#23 Posted: 03:44:28 11/12/2016
Quote: CynderFanatic
Let me make sure I understand this correctly (sorry for being dense)...

1. To play Nightmare Mode, on XBox One: I need to start "Save Slot 2" and select Nightmare, correct? Then, for that 2nd save slot, it will ALWAYS be Nightmare Mode and I will never be able to change it, right?

2. On my Nightmare slot, once I defeat Kaos, it will unlock the Wasteland Warrior Set and that set will be saved on both my 2nd Nightmare Mode slot and my 1st Adventurer Mode slot?

Yes and yes. All parts will be saved no matter what profile you unlock them on
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#24 Posted: 15:53:28 12/12/2016
At least nightmare mode in Imaginators is not too much of a chore like it was in Trap Team. Both are obviously doable, but did not enjoy Trap Team's boss fights that required you to chip away at their life bar for far too long.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me