Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Your Opinions on Skylanders Figure Quality (by Game)
Page 1 of 1
Your Opinions on Skylanders Figure Quality (by Game)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#1 Posted: 23:26:50 21/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that Imaginators has been released in all available places for nearly a week (and now that I have the game), I would like to know everyone's ratings on the quality of the figures by game, based on things like painting, structures, poses, bases, reliability, etc.

Here are my ratings, on a scale from 1 to 10:
  • Spyro's Adventure: 5.3/10 (Spyro's Adventure, while receiving good paint jobs, did not appeal strongly to me in terms of poses. Although, I have to say that the figures looked well-polished and put together neatly, so that is a pro on that subject. But, after all, it was the first game.)
  • Giants: 5.7/10 (I often noticed that the figures were painted slightly worse than those of Spyro's Adventure. Some of them looked incomplete. But, on the brighter side, the figures were generally reliable and the Lightcore effects on many of the figures brought a sense of liveliness when placing the figures on the Portal of Power.)
  • Swap Force: 6.4/10 (While some of the paint jobs seemed incomplete and rushed, many of the figures were painted very well, especially with the fact that they had to be painted with the magnets attached (which were generally reliable). However, on many of the figures, the thin attachments and loose parts tended to break off easily, making them (especially the cores) less reliable.)
  • Trap Team: 8.1/10 (I found the sizes of some of the Trap Masters unnecessary, but other than that, I loved the paint jobs for this game. The translucency of the Trap Masters' weapons were very appealing to me, and the figures tended to have great reliability. While a few of the figures (especially Minis) seemed unfinished, everything else showed great detail. The Traps were crafted nicely as well.)
  • SuperChargers: 5.1/10 (Many of the figures for this entry, especially the Nintendo guest stars, had awful paint jobs compared to previous entries. The bases all being the same color seemed pretty bland, and I personally disliked many of the characters' appearances. On the other hand, the vehicles were generally painted well and had a few nice features, such as many of the land vehicles having rotatable wheels.)
  • Imaginators: 9.3/10 (So far, I have four Sensei and two Creation Crystals for this game, and I personally must say that the quality of these figures are the best that I have seen yet from this series. The bases were a very good recovery from those of SuperChargers and are quite detailed, well-textured, and are made to fit on the portal. Most of all, I absolutely love the paint jobs. There are very few errors and a lot of detail put into these figures, as well as the Creation Crystals. The figures are very reliable and easy to sort. The poses could be better, but in conclusion, I hope the producers look at the quality of these figures as a role model for future entries.)

What are your ratings and opinions? Feel free to share yours or compare/differ opinions with mine below.
lcopley98 Blue Sparx Gems: 725
#2 Posted: 13:57:39 22/10/2016
Super Chargers is obviously an outlier, but it makes sense that the quality of figures would progress over the course of the series. I still cherish my original 32 more than any set of Skylanders on my shelf.

One of my favorite designs were the SWAP Force characters. I thought they did a really good job with those figures, especially since you can "cut" their bodies in half. I've yet to touch an Imaginator figure, but those crystals look boss.
---
Casual Skylander Gamer
Nuzlocke Challenge http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/posttopic.php?forum=56&post=true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me