Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Stewart Copeland talks about Spyro
Page 1 of 1
Stewart Copeland talks about Spyro
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#1 Posted: 21:23:14 03/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Steward Copeland, composer of Spyro 1, 2, 3 and Enter the Dragonfly, talks about his time on the Spyro series, working with Insomniac Games, and if the purple dragon should get back to its classic roots.

https://www.gamestm.co.uk/inte...ewart-copeland/
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 02:31:09 04/10/2016
Interesting to read. Still remember watching the Playstation Underground video with Copeland.

And it's funny he brings up the gaming soundtrack shifts toward live orchestras and what not, considering that's exactly what Insomniac's done as of late. Boris Salchow used live orchestras for Resistance 2 and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, and got to work with the London Philharmonic at Abbey Roads Studio to do Resistance 3. And Michael Bross brought in a live orchestra for Ratchet & Clank 2016 and Edge of Nowhere.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#3 Posted: 00:34:44 05/10/2016
I'm glad that he addressed Enter the Dragonfly, puts the game to rest in my heart.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#4 Posted: 01:15:48 05/10/2016
Do you guys know who he is? He played drums for the 80's band the Police, with Sting. He was an awesome drummer with that epic band. ...a legend.
---
Any last wishes?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#5 Posted: 01:00:13 06/10/2016
Quote: Wishblade
Do you guys know who he is? He played drums for the 80's band the Police, with Sting. He was an awesome drummer with that epic band. ...a legend.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=122292
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#6 Posted: 22:22:29 25/10/2016
This will keep me going for my Spyro fix. I love reading new things from the people behind the old Spyro games. Even if we'll never see one like them ever again, this just makes me smile. smilie
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#7 Posted: 16:48:11 26/10/2016
Quote: HIR
Interesting to read. Still remember watching the Playstation Underground video with Copeland.

You mean this one? smilie

Also, that article is amazing. If Stewart Copeland ever ends up writing music for another game, I'd totally buy it just to listen to the soundtrack. And I never knew that his son worked at Insomniac, that's pretty cool.
---
You gotta believe!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#8 Posted: 18:06:46 26/10/2016
^That's the one! ^.^

Although, in the perfect world where the Crash remakes did succeed and Activision greenlit Spyro 20XX reimaginings, I'm not too sure we'd get Copeland back for the games. Because either Vicarious Visions would develop (and likely Lorne Balfe would craft original scores) or, if Insomniac were up to it, they'd opt for updated music (likely from Michael Bross), seeing as they went that route for Ratchet & Clank 2016.

Of course, if Mark Mothersbaugh and Josh Mancell do somehow end up involved in the Crash reimaginings I will happily eat my words.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me