Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 52 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#2551 Posted: 09:04:35 15/04/2018
Quote: parisruelz12
Quote: CAV
I think these serious topics are a lot better than the serious threads of 2011-2012. A lot more civil discourse as opposed to shouting from both sides.

I get the argument that they should be in Idle Chatter instead but then nobody would respond to them.

remember the hate clubs

because I do

omg, the hate clubs
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#2552 Posted: 09:29:32 15/04/2018
I get the argument that they should be in Idle Chatter instead but then nobody would respond to them.

I think it's somewhat unfair to say that, because we've never actually tried separating serious discussions from S&N. If none could be found there people would go elsewhere (Idle Chatter) to look for them, making it both easier to find them and less confusing to tell which topics are actually intended to be serious and which aren't.
As for the activity, sure there would probably be an initial drop in the number of replies, but it would even out eventually as people got used to the change and started checking out IC as well.

And I have to ask. From a moderator's point of view, wouldn't it be swell if you could tell where you're allowed to be lenient and where stricter rules (Stay on topic, Use the edit button, etc.) apply 100% of the time? You wouldn't have to play the emotional reaction lottery every time you gave someone an MM. Personally, I'd ******* love it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:30:47 15/04/2018 by Samius
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2553 Posted: 11:19:01 15/04/2018
Quote: LindseyWednesdy
I think these serious topics are a lot better than the serious threads of 2011-2012. A lot more civil discourse as opposed to shouting from both sides.

remember the hate clubs

because I do

omg, the hate clubs

WTF are the hate clubs
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#2554 Posted: 13:13:02 15/04/2018
The whole Stormy Daniels fiasco has gotten so old, like oh my God it's been unending for over a month. The fact that's it's still going on is mind blowing. Enough with it. What else is there to talk about? Why does it have to be SO BIG?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2555 Posted: 18:35:41 15/04/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
The whole Stormy Daniels fiasco has gotten so old, like oh my God it's been unending for over a month. The fact that's it's still going on is mind blowing. Enough with it. What else is there to talk about? Why does it have to be SO BIG?

^ ^ ^ ^

I completely agree with you. thank you for voicing that...!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#2556 Posted: 18:36:57 15/04/2018

Nobody really cares that the president had consensual sex with another adult years before his presidency.

What we care about is that there was hush money involved and she was threatened to keep silent.

That's why it's so big.

Also, there's the fact that the lawsuit is ongoing. It's not gong to die for a while.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:08 15/04/2018 by Metallo
#2557 Posted: 18:37:17 15/04/2018
Confession:

Imma be honest, I feel safer here than anywhere else on the internet
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2558 Posted: 18:40:47 15/04/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Confession:

I wouldn't do that. Everything you post here is public, no account required. Even here.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#2559 Posted: 18:41:43 15/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Confession:

I wouldn't do that. Everything you post here is public, no account required. Even here.

I didn't plan on posting my address here

Just saying I feel safer
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#2560 Posted: 18:48:08 15/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Confession:

I didn't plan on posting my address here

Just saying I feel safer

you probably should feel safer here than other places. I've been a part of many other forums and darkSpyro is a rather pleasant place, especially compared to anime related forums :'-)
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2561 Posted: 19:45:50 20/04/2018
I still feel rly salty about the changes to Mercy
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2562 Posted: 01:27:09 21/04/2018
I suck ar video games
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:23 21/04/2018 by TheToyNerd
#2563 Posted: 14:54:55 22/04/2018
Japanese Love Hotels are fascinating.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2564 Posted: 23:42:36 24/04/2018
I always have the constant fear that I annoy my (Internet) friends and they don’t want to be around me very much. I’ve tried to be better about not filling every conversation with me *****ing about how sad I am, but I still feel bad for my friends because of how much I put them through.

This post probably won’t help much either, but I felt like getting this out there
DeathOfADream Yellow Sparx Gems: 1510
#2565 Posted: 01:57:08 25/04/2018
People treating me as a disposable tool rather than a human being has become a rather appalling trend in most of my close friendships. I really wanna believe in the good in people, I do. I really want to be able to make friends and feel genuinely close to others. I really do. But at this point it’s hard to believe anyone who approaches me doesn’t have an ulterior motive. It hurts that at this point I’m only really close to two people, and that my alleged “best friend” was just using me for personal gain for the past year.
I just wish I knew what to do and where to go from here.
---
”I am not everything you thought that I would be
But every story I have told is part of me.”
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2566 Posted: 16:59:25 25/04/2018
I really just want to cuss out a person that had an argument over things I like for funsies, but it's probably me who can't take teasing. I hate having horrible skill in understanding when someone is joking, no wonder everyone calls me too serious sometimes when it's just that I think the other person really means to be hurtful.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2567 Posted: 17:36:46 25/04/2018
I've cried more this year so far than I have in the previous 5, maybe even 10 years.

Is this a problem? Maybe, maybe not.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2568 Posted: 19:02:43 25/04/2018
Quote: kardonis
I've cried more this year so far than I have in the previous 5, maybe even 10 years.

Crying in itself isn't a problem. But rather, if there are problems causing you to feel distressed enough to cry, and they aren't getting solved, than that would be a problem.

Hopefully things get better for you.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#2569 Posted: 19:46:58 25/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Crying in itself isn't a problem. But rather, if there are problems causing you to feel distressed enough to cry, and they aren't getting solved, than that would be a problem.

Thanks man.

Crying doesn't necessarily mean sadness either, not sure how it is with other people but sometimes I also just get this sort of ethereal happiness that makes me cry like a baby.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#2570 Posted: 20:46:21 25/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Thanks man.

Crying doesn't necessarily mean sadness either, not sure how it is with other people but sometimes I also just get this sort of ethereal happiness that makes me cry like a baby.

If any emotion gets too strong you can cry, and they are all chemically different and look different under the microscope. It's fine to be crying, you don't have to feel bad about it but if you are concerned about how frequent it is then perhaps try to trace it back and see if there's a formula to the madness. From there you can take steps to help prevent more tears.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
DirtPrincess Green Sparx Gems: 276
#2571 Posted: 21:56:06 25/04/2018
Big oof, I relate.
I cry at literally everything omg. I usually end up getting at least teary at something once a day.
---
Change my mind - Taylor Swift
#2572 Posted: 02:24:05 26/04/2018
The fact that Steve Brule is played by an Oscar Nominated actor still blows my mind.
---
#2573 Posted: 02:24:56 26/04/2018
The fact that Steve Brule is played by an Oscar Nominated actor still blows my mind.

John C. Reilly is the only actor in the world who can get away with that
#2574 Posted: 02:25:50 26/04/2018
Quote: Metallo

He really is.
---
#2575 Posted: 02:38:59 26/04/2018
Quote: Metallo

He really is.

Never forget that Luke Skywalker voices the wise yeti man in what is essentially an Adult Swim stoner comedy for kids
#2576 Posted: 03:12:06 26/04/2018
I have a very hard time being friendly with anyone who opposes universal healthcare
#2577 Posted: 21:27:24 28/04/2018
As much as I love the MCU, part of me feels bad for latching on so hard to what is essentially a corporate machine. My love of movies and my love of Marvel comes into great conflict all the time and it’s hard not to get down about enjoying something that a lot of people would classify as “not real cinema”.

I’m not saying that I believe the MCU is the death of cinema. Quite the opposite! I love what the MCU and Disney has done with these iconic characters and I think Infinity War took a lot of risks... like, props to the Russo Brothers for their balls to pull off some of the stuff they do in that movie. But we’re they really risks in the long run?

Ugh...IDK, I’m rambling at this point, but I just wish I could let myself enjoy something simple and dumb like this without worrying if people will call me a “sheep” for buying into another Disney production.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:13 28/04/2018 by TheToyNerd
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#2578 Posted: 21:40:31 28/04/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
As much as I love the MCU, part of me feels bad for latching on so hard to what is essentially a corporate machine. My love of movies and my love of Marvel comes into great conflict all the time and it’s hard not to get down about enjoying something that a lot of people would classify as “not real cinema”.

I’m not saying that I believe the MCU is the death of cinema. Quite the opposite! I love what the MCU and Disney has done with these iconic characters and I think Infinity War took a lot of risks... like, props to the Russo Brothers for their balls to pull off some of the stuff they do in that movie. But we’re they really risks in the long run?

Ugh...IDK, I’m rambling at this point, but I just wish I could let myself enjoy something simple and dumb like this without worrying if people will call me a “sheep” for buying into another Disney production.

If you like something, nobody should stop you from liking it.
---
Soon.
#2579 Posted: 21:43:04 28/04/2018
Thanks. You have no idea how hard it is for me to remind myself of that
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2580 Posted: 01:44:13 29/04/2018
why do critics gotta be so pretentious anyway?
#2581 Posted: 02:17:41 29/04/2018
Quote: Darby
why do critics gotta be so pretentious anyway?

I dunno the context of what critics think of Infinity War and the MCU, nor have I really watched those movies myself.

But I think there are two sides to this coin. While nobody should have to feel ashamed for liking a certain franchise (frankly, anyone calling someone a "sheep" just for liking a franchise and being a dedicated fan is out of line), I also feel like fans shouldn't shun critics for being...well, critical. Its kind of their job.

I'm not saying critics never say or do stupid things, many of them can be quite pretentious (*flashbacks to IGN's "Sonic was never good" video*), but I think it's important to allow a dialogue to take place. If all we allow is praise for praises sake, creators of any kind of media or product will never improve, and in some cases, actively get worse.

This post might not even really relate to whatever is going on with Infinity War, but the general topic is one I feel strongly about due to personal experience. Criticism and in-depth discussions are needed in order to maintain quality in the things we love. Often times, criticism isn't coming from a place of malice, but a place of passion.
---
#2582 Posted: 02:21:58 29/04/2018
Pretension is a necessary evil in criticism

That being said, **** critics
#2583 Posted: 03:04:48 29/04/2018
Critics aren’t even really tearing into Infinity War, it’s just the whole stigma around “superhero films” makes me depressed for some reason. I know several people who like talking about how Marvel movies are just terrible and that there’s no real soul put into them and I just feel... silly for taking them as is and attaching myself to these characters.

It’s why I can’t stand channels like YMS and RLM when it comes to these big budget releases. Their perpetuation of the “soulless cashgrabs for children” narrative makes me feel like “part of the problem”, which is such an irrational fear of mine.

This fear comes in waves whenever I like something that is extremely popular and some contrarian assholes try to ruin the fun. I’ve learned to try and block out those people and just spread the positivity about an experience I have. Clearly this didn’t happen earlier today, heh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:11:33 29/04/2018 by TheToyNerd
#2584 Posted: 03:48:27 29/04/2018
Critics aren’t even really tearing into Infinity War, it’s just the whole stigma around “superhero films” makes me depressed for some reason. I know several people who like talking about how Marvel movies are just terrible and that there’s no real soul put into them and I just feel... silly for taking them as is and attaching myself to these characters.

It’s why I can’t stand channels like YMS and RLM when it comes to these big budget releases. Their perpetuation of the “soulless cashgrabs for children” narrative makes me feel like “part of the problem”, which is such an irrational fear of mine.

This fear comes in waves whenever I like something that is extremely popular and some contrarian assholes try to ruin the fun. I’ve learned to try and block out those people and just spread the positivity about an experience I have. Clearly this didn’t happen earlier today, heh

Anyone who says the MCU lacks "soul" and "passion" either has never seen any of them or is a void contrarian who just wants to sound smart. Disregard them and like what you like.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#2585 Posted: 04:17:36 29/04/2018

RLM is pretty fair and honest in their reviews of MCU though — even giving most of them positive reviews.
#2586 Posted: 04:25:23 29/04/2018
Sure. RLM isn’t all that bad, and I was more thinking about the time I really disagreed with their review of IT.

Plus, they always make fun of the pop culture obsessed Internet culture. Like, I get the satire in all those fake Nerd podcasts they do, but I sometimes feel like I feed into that as well, which goes back to my initial worry.

All in all, I just need to learn to handle opinions better. I’m passionate for the things I consume because I want to create some things of my own someday. My tastes and interests are continuously evolving as my want to create grows stronger. It’s hard to find a balance between legit gripes and pointless cynicism
#2587 Posted: 04:30:47 29/04/2018
All in all, I just need to learn to handle opinions better. I’m passionate for the things I consume because I want to create some things of my own someday. My tastes and interests are continuously evolving as my want to create grows stronger. It’s hard to find a balance between legit gripes and pointless cynicism

Try not to be the judge of the opinions of others; it's not your place to determine whether gripes are "legit" or not. Know that what you enjoy and what you create is your territory and yours alone. The critics and cynics will always be there, but every work of art is unique, and that's something they can't take from you. Likewise, try not to take it from them.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2588 Posted: 05:16:00 29/04/2018
i think im kinda dyslexic or something. i don't believe in self diagnosis so i dunno. my reading comprehension has always been amazing, even scoring way above all my peers. in recent years however, i can't seem to read aloud. words become mixed up, or i miss some. i can read in my head just fine, though..its weird.
idk maybe im just over reacting.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2589 Posted: 12:48:20 29/04/2018
i think im kinda dyslexic or something. i don't believe in self diagnosis so i dunno. my reading comprehension has always been amazing, even scoring way above all my peers. in recent years however, i can't seem to read aloud. words become mixed up, or i miss some. i can read in my head just fine, though..its weird.

I have a bit of a similar problem. Though I can easily read common words and names, when it comes to things such as made-up words (I read Mesuxelf's name as Mexuself, and Salandit as Sandalit), numbers in a long string, and words from other languages, I get letters mixed up.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2590 Posted: 20:41:53 29/04/2018

I've had this happen before. Just out of nowhere last year I noticed myself mixing up letters and words. It still happens sometimes but I think it might be related to stress, since there's a few other similar things that happen to me when I'm stressed out. But idk, I'm not a doctor.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#2591 Posted: 02:01:57 30/04/2018
sexuality talk, so probably tmi
I used to think I might be ace due to past experiences, up until just a few years ago.
Then I realized, surrounded by a world of hookup-culture, I just cannot fathom hooking up with someone unless I have deep romantic feelings (with which I'm already extremely picky). I have friends that always talk about hooking up at parties and stuff and I can't relate, and when even attractive people came onto me in those situations in the past I felt dreadful.
I realized I closely identify with demisexuality BUT..... I feel like being 'choosy' has become synonymous with demisexuality in today's society, where casual hookups are common.
I feel like it's just a dressed up word for that so I feel cringey talking about it as a different 'sexuality' .

eh just self reflecting
#2592 Posted: 02:50:46 30/04/2018
I used to think I might be ace due to past experiences, up until just a few years ago.
Then I realized, surrounded by a world of hookup-culture, I just cannot fathom hooking up with someone unless I have deep romantic feelings (with which I'm already extremely picky). I have friends that always talk about hooking up at parties and stuff and I can't relate, and when even attractive people came onto me in those situations in the past I felt dreadful.
I realized I closely identify with demisexuality BUT..... I feel like being 'choosy' has become synonymous with demisexuality in today's society, where casual hookups are common.
I feel like it's just a dressed up word for that so I feel cringey talking about it as a different 'sexuality' .

eh just self reflecting

I've always been the same way. Growing up in an all-boys secondary school was really awkward because of that.

It's one of the main reasons I've always hated going to nightclubs and the like. I'm told I'm anti-social, but in all honesty, these night clubs are one of the worst places to socialise at. Most people are drunk or high, so you're not really talking to other people at that point, because it's the alcohol and weed talking. Plus the places are so damn LOUD, it's impossible to have a legitimate conversation, and people are always getting distracted by seeing someone they vaguely know and pretending they know them so well, or distracted by an attractive guy/girl. And just the general atmosphere of people only being there for kissing random people (and then some) just feels...off to me.

It's not that I condemn people for enjoying that kind of life. I just feel completely uncomfortable at those places. Like I really don't fit in or belong.

And in general, I find it really difficult to feel physical attraction, its almost entirely driven by whether or not I see something special in them.

Though at the same time, using the label "demisexuality" doesn't feel quite right either. Though maybe that's just because I'm not big on labels.

---------
---
#2593 Posted: 21:56:58 30/04/2018
I wanna be more "heroic". Not some kind of super hero but someone who doesn't hesitate to help. Sorta like MHA's philosophy of what it means to be a hero.
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#2594 Posted: 03:59:02 01/05/2018

eh just self reflecting

Oh my GOSH, yes. I considered myself demiromantic for a while (I guess I still am), but I really don’t like calling myself that. For one, I don’t like labels. For two, it seems completely silly that being cautious with who you want to hook up with is now considered its own sexuality. Also, it doesn’t even address what kind of genders I’m attracted to, so it’s a pretty useless term!

oops there go some personal details
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#2595 Posted: 06:12:02 01/05/2018

eh just self reflecting

I think that's just common sense. Casual hookups can be harmful in many ways, and in all honesty it would feel very shallow to get to know to someone by having sex with them.
#2596 Posted: 06:14:04 01/05/2018
Quote: Samius

eh just self reflecting

I think that's just common sense. Casual hookups can be harmful in many ways, and in all honesty it would feel very shallow to get to know to someone by having sex with them.

Casual hookup guy here.

It's like eating Krispy Kreme donuts; you're on cloud 9 when it happens, but you hate yourself afterward. In fact, the donuts are better because they won't blow up your phone for the next few days.

4/10, would not recommend.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:15:28 01/05/2018 by Metallo
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2597 Posted: 04:32:40 02/05/2018
popping open biscuit containers like the pillsberry ones give me anxiety for no reason
---
Gay 4 GARcher
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#2598 Posted: 12:43:13 02/05/2018
Quote: DragonCamo
popping open biscuit containers like the pillsberry ones give me anxiety for no reason

I know. I expect the pop to be much louder then it ends up being.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#2599 Posted: 19:55:13 02/05/2018
I don't like how soft the world is becoming. Nowadays, a light-hearted joke can be the cause of lawsuits and hundreds being "offended." I mean, there are obvious things that aren't okay, like extreme racism and discriminatory stuff, but that's not what I mean. I find that as time goes on, more and more people get offended by the littlest things to the point where it's getting ridiculous.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#2600 Posted: 20:46:54 02/05/2018
Quote: Chompy-King257
I don't like how soft the world is becoming. Nowadays, a light-hearted joke can be the cause of lawsuits and hundreds being "offended." I mean, there are obvious things that aren't okay, like extreme racism and discriminatory stuff, but that's not what I mean. I find that as time goes on, more and more people get offended by the littlest things to the point where it's getting ridiculous.

This is incredibly vague. Can you be more specific?

Me personally, I only make risky jokes to people I know pretty well, and when I do offend someone I apologize. I don't really see a problem with people being too "soft," it's just common sense to me.

Also, you mentioned lawsuits. Please show me an example of a successful lawsuit from a plaintiff being "offended" from a joke. No lawyer worth their salt is going to risk their name on a case like that, and no sane judge is going to award damages for it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:49:11 02/05/2018 by Metallo
First | Previous | Page 52 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me