Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 22 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 84 85 86
Confessions V2 [STICKY]
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#1051 Posted: 02:27:43 17/03/2017
I really hate it when people contact me about my posts in Personal Thoughts. I get people have concerns, and that's all fine and dandy. But I use PT just to get my thoughts somewhere other than rattling around my brain and poisoning my psyche quite as much. I hate being confronted about them. I always have second thoughts about posting now because I'm worried someone might contact me about it. And so that prevents me from getting my thoughts out a lot.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#1052 Posted: 05:43:05 17/03/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
I really hate it when people contact me about my posts in Personal Thoughts. I get people have concerns, and that's all fine and dandy. But I use PT just to get my thoughts somewhere other than rattling around my brain and poisoning my psyche quite as much. I hate being confronted about them. I always have second thoughts about posting now because I'm worried someone might contact me about it. And so that prevents me from getting my thoughts out a lot.

I feel that way too, and I feel especially unhappy when its people I am unfamiliar with. If my friends have concerns I am alright as they by now understand why I would be posting and it is more of a check in but strangers ask questions and make assumptions that just tick me off.
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#1053 Posted: 05:46:56 17/03/2017
Same. It puts me in an awkward position because it's like... am I supposed to unload personal details to a stranger. Are they Ready for This Depression Jelly?
#1054 Posted: 10:36:44 17/03/2017
Well for me it's usually friends that I already know. I feel like that's worse IMO because I especially don't want to be confronted about these things by someone I know.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#1055 Posted: 19:28:02 17/03/2017
To be frank, airing out feelings of depression and suicide on a public forum is not the best idea if you truly don't want to be confronted about it. Everyone can see it, and many will see it as a cry for help and want to talk to you about it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:34:48 17/03/2017 by Carmelita Fox
#1056 Posted: 20:04:58 17/03/2017
*sigh* I know...
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1057 Posted: 20:47:33 17/03/2017
Carmelita is speaking the truth, on an online form, if you aren't prepared for replies you don't want, nor would like, don't bother posting.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
Beemo Gold Sparx Gems: 2828
#1058 Posted: 22:41:54 17/03/2017
Why hate it? It's a sign that people care.
---
I hate this name and I want to change it.
Samius Hunter Gems: 9242
#1059 Posted: 22:45:15 17/03/2017
Quote: Carmelita Fox
To be frank, airing out feelings of depression and suicide on a public forum is not the best idea if you truly don't want to be confronted about it. Everyone can see it, and many will see it as a cry for help and want to talk to you about it.

I agree completely, and I would go as far as to say that I don't understand why darkSpyro has to serve as an outlet for these things in the first place.

Not darkSpyro specifically, I mean. I get that people choose this place because they feel comfortable doing it here, it's just that I don't know if they should. This isn't some kind of a private community. It's secular, but it's still a public forum that hundreds - if not thousands - of people go to every week.
If you choose to vent here, what you're doing is essentially telling a bunch of online strangers that you have problems. In any given case most of these people do not know you personally, and they're going to interpret the signals that you're sending in various ways. Not all of them are going to be the desired ones.

Not only that, but I personally don't think that venting is such a good coping mechanism in general. Not in all cases, anyway. It works well as a quick huff of stress-relief, but if you have bigger problems than just a bad day it does very little to actually help you.
At it's best it can be a legitimate call for social support or an attempt to make sense out of your problems, but at it's worst it's just you actively wallowing in your fears and anxieties (publicly, no less). Oftentimes it leads to people digging themselves deeper into their fears and thus maintaining their depression/anxiety instead of actively trying to get past it.

Eh, I don't want to paint devils on the wall or anything, so just consider this my confession for tonight. We do have a pretty good situation here as far as online communities go, but people should always be a bit cautious with things like these. And first and foremost, they should consider what they're doing and whether or not it really has the desired effect.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1060 Posted: 22:45:51 17/03/2017
Quote: Beemo

Some people don't want or need help. I think others should respect that sometimes.
#1061 Posted: 23:08:34 17/03/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: Beemo

Some people don't want or need help. I think others should respect that sometimes.

Others might not know that. That's why such misinterpretations happen in the first place.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#1062 Posted: 03:01:21 18/03/2017

Though I rarely post there, if there's a post I don't care to have others read and just want to post for the sake of ranting, I run it through google translator into a language I doubt anyone here would read.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#1063 Posted: 16:52:44 18/03/2017
My earliest memories of being an asshole on the internet involve getting in ship wars on this site and trying to argue that gay ships were sinful.

It's both embarrassing and ironic because I'm now a shameless bisexual.
#1064 Posted: 14:09:09 19/03/2017
It annoys me to hell and back when someone draws horribly and think they produced something good. Not only does it piss me off from how incorrect and conceited they're being, but also it prevents them from actually improving at all.
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1065 Posted: 14:10:55 19/03/2017
It annoys me to hell and back when someone draws horribly and think they produced something good. Not only does it piss me off from how incorrect and conceited they're being, but also it prevents them from actually improving at all.

Unless it's super pretentious, cut 'em some slack. Most artists are actually beating themselves up anything they create and "it looks good I guess" is the most compliment they'll ever give to it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1066 Posted: 14:14:31 19/03/2017
Knowing your art is bad is essential to improving though. It gives you a reason to improve. If you think a piece you made is good, you'll just keep drawing like that, never strive to improve your abilities, and stunts any potential for growth you would've had.

Also, it's just super cringey when someone draws like a literal toddler and is like "OMG I MADE SOMETHING GOOD"
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#1067 Posted: 14:30:32 19/03/2017
No, that's how you start telling yourself you'll never draw anything good and stop doing it altogether. Self-esteem is poisonous, yo, especially for such an emotional media.

Though I guess the better answer is to be happy for your stuff but not show it everywhere. I get giddy when I do something that isn't **** but I try to keep it professional when posting.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#1068 Posted: 15:25:02 19/03/2017
I don't think someone drawing terribly is the end of the world or anything, unless they're actually making a professional product like a Tv show. If it's just some random dude on the Internet who draws bad, that's no reason for me to get upset.

Also, subtweeting is annoying.
#1069 Posted: 15:54:36 19/03/2017

I get the feeling that they're just trying to stay encouraged. I've been drawing all my life and I'm pretty proud of my skills. I received constant compliments on my drawings when I was young, even though I wasn't actually good at it back then; not like I am today, and certainly not like one of the hundreds of professional artists that are lauded for their amazing skills all around the internet.

The thing is, even though the young me got all those compliments, I could still look at other people's drawings and see that they looked so much better than mine. In the same sense I don't think that these people hold any delusions, they're just being happy about what they made.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1070 Posted: 17:45:29 20/03/2017
im glad king pika left because he was an ass imo
#1071 Posted: 18:14:27 20/03/2017
I can't draw men for crap. They all look bad in my eyes...

Anyone got some good male anatomy/body type tutorials to help a brother out?
#1072 Posted: 18:36:10 20/03/2017
https://www.pinterest.com/char...r-anatomy-male/
http://www.alexhays.com/loomis...0a%20Pencil.pdf
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1073 Posted: 18:57:52 20/03/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

je suis d'accord
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#1074 Posted: 19:10:11 20/03/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

je suis d'accord

Je vous remercie! Pourquoi parlons-nous en français?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1075 Posted: 19:14:36 20/03/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

je suis d'accord

Je vous remercie! Pourquoi parlons-nous en français?

i have no idea, i don't even remember all that much from french class. :p
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#1076 Posted: 19:59:29 20/03/2017
lol I was forced to switch to Spanish because I did horribly in French
---
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#1077 Posted: 03:57:36 21/03/2017
Quote: Samius

I get the feeling that they're just trying to stay encouraged. I've been drawing all my life and I'm pretty proud of my skills. I received constant compliments on my drawings when I was young, even though I wasn't actually good at it back then; not like I am today, and certainly not like one of the hundreds of professional artists that are lauded for their amazing skills all around the internet.

The thing is, even though the young me got all those compliments, I could still look at other people's drawings and see that they looked so much better than mine. In the same sense I don't think that these people hold any delusions, they're just being happy about what they made.

This was me exactly as a kid. I wasn't all that great, and I knew that, but I at least was encouraged to keep drawing and improve myself when I saw art that was better than mine.

Now I think my art sucks on a daily basis. I wish I had the confidence I had back then. The internet kind of ruined it for me, and it continues to more and more every passing year. Maybe I should take a break from looking at other's works and focus on my own for a bit.
#1078 Posted: 03:58:00 26/03/2017
I think chubby girls are kinda hot. Idk, I find that body type to be very attractive to me for some reason.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:00:58 26/03/2017 by TheToyNerd
#1079 Posted: 13:15:34 26/03/2017
I think chubby girls are kinda hot. Idk, I find that body type to be very attractive to me for some reason.

Quote: Drawdler
^ Nup. I like my girls slim and slippery.

after looking at robert crumb's art i have decided the best grils are big tall strong amazons
#1080 Posted: 23:34:27 26/03/2017
To add to my confession from yesterday, tomboys are also super hot IMO
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#1081 Posted: 01:48:57 27/03/2017
This is like the personal things that we want to reveal right

Because I have something I've been hiding, and I want to talk to someone about

IDK if I am in the correct topic though

(I probably look so dumb right now >D)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#1082 Posted: 01:51:43 27/03/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Go for it, broski!
#1083 Posted: 02:02:28 27/03/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Go for it, broski!

K, so like, I am 13, and I still use wet wipes >D(So embarrased)
I just hate using toilet paper, because it feels uncomfortable, and it rips too easily
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#1084 Posted: 01:10:20 28/03/2017
I love being home alone so I can be as loud and obnoxious as I want. Aka, singing loudly and do voice overs as much as I want. I can't do that otherwise because I would be embarrassed, and my cousin would most likely tease me. I also get to be as weird as I want, so I talk to myself more often.

Is this really a confession? I consider it one, haha...?
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#1085 Posted: 08:29:14 28/03/2017
Quote: Eevee88
I love being home alone so I can be as loud and obnoxious as I want. Aka, singing loudly and do voice overs as much as I want. I can't do that otherwise because I would be embarrassed, and my cousin would most likely tease me. I also get to be as weird as I want, so I talk to myself more often.

Is this really a confession? I consider it one, haha...?

'S what i do alone
---
Ligi
#1086 Posted: 11:29:44 28/03/2017
Lowkey wish my friends and random people could feel my hair to give their opinion on wether it's really as soft as I believe it is
I need to stop spending time feeling it so often
lol

I mean... I always wanted to take a trip to Australia anyway
Canidae Blue Sparx Gems: 588
#1087 Posted: 18:30:50 28/03/2017
I recently had an epiphany, and I've come to the realization that I have a strong inexplicable attraction to trench coats. I've gone through all the stages of grief, from straight out denial to finally acceptance. It's been a long and windy road to recovery after discovering this newfound unfortunate reality. I have no excuses for myself, other than I blame Inspector Gadget for starting this atrocity.
---
These violent delights have violent ends.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#1088 Posted: 13:03:37 29/03/2017
I believe in Karma, I do believe that when a person does good, good will return to said person. When a person does an evil act on another person Karma becomes evil, Karma gets revenge.

My confession is: I love Karma, she can be so beautiful, caring and loving yet she can be such a *****. <3
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#1089 Posted: 16:50:47 29/03/2017 | Topic Creator
^ I'd rather move out. But you moving the entire continent of America here would also work.

You don't want to live here.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#1090 Posted: 03:01:56 30/03/2017
it's one thing to say somebody's being annoying buts it another if you try to attack them just because they're annoying
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1091 Posted: 05:35:33 31/03/2017
I hate to be ignored.

Like seriously i need someone to talk to... but no people are truely ignorin me taking my posts like joke, like stop it, i just want someone to talk about my interests and my projects.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#1092 Posted: 06:55:17 31/03/2017
I'm really scared.
Please say you can.

I hate this, I miss you so much
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:36:32 31/03/2017 by Lunarz
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1093 Posted: 00:33:20 01/04/2017
I like to dip chicken tenders in apple sauce
So when, at apple bees, I ask for apple sauce for a side, they only have those squeeze packages that McDonalds used to have. They give it to my little sister thinking she wanted and I just let them because I ain't speaking up that that apple sauce in a package is mine.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#1094 Posted: 01:43:59 01/04/2017
There are a few things I'd like to confess

1:My post that's up a bit on pg 22
2:I want to move to Canada
3:My least favorite pixar movie is the Incredibles
4:I really like the FNAF series, and hopes it keeps going
5:I really want a skylanders that's a Portal master(from earth) who was sucked into skylands
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Dark Lord Platinum Sparx Gems: 7365
#1095 Posted: 21:48:33 01/04/2017
I thought that this would be the perfect time to but I have something to confess... That I... I love Pixilism. Not platonic love, but actual love. I've had a crush on this user for a long time now, longer than I could ever say and now I want to finally confess on this site, about a purple dragon, on this forum that is Stuff and Nonsense, in this topic about Confessions, that I love Pixilism and I want Pixilism as my waifu. If you can hear this Pixil, I love you! <3

.naem I tahw wonk uoy fi ts1 lirpA s'ti yas ot ekil d'I ,yaw eht yB
---
Like fallen snow, I lay on the ground and wait for my turn to fade away, no matter how unique I seem. It's my gift to you... A true sacrifice...
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#1096 Posted: 22:02:27 01/04/2017
I also want to say that I have a crush on dark cynder.

You know, that user who had that funny threatening message.
---
Bruh
First | Previous | Page 22 of 86 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 84 85 86

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me