Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Lightseekers - Awakening
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1 Posted: 21:09:06 13/09/2016 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]
By Play Fusion

Note: Some of the things I post will not have the exact date it was revealed

Starter Pack Price:
Contents of Starter Pack:
Unknown (I don't know for sure, tell me whether we know what's in it or not)

Known Characters: (Feel free to make roster for me if you want)
Tyrax(?) (Seen as Jax in game) https://www.lightseekers.com/w...ut-toys-jax.png
Mari(?) (Seen as Kora in game) https://www.lightseekers.com/w...t-toys-mari.png

Miscellaneous Things We Know:
Weapons can be switched between Lightseekers
No portal, Lightseekers use Bluetooth
Card game that goes along with the Lightseekers game
Currently on Mobile and PC only as far as we know
Lightseekers will possibly have elements
Planned to release early next year

9/13/16 (Not Exact)

Trailer(?) (Subscribe to Lightseekers Game if you don't want to come here to stay updated)

9/13/16

Gameplay & Figures (Credit to FamilyGamerTV)

Feel free to tell me if I missed anything!
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 11 times - Last edited at 11:08:28 15/09/2016 by PwnageFTW
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 21:10:28 13/09/2016
They had me at the cool figures, they lost me at tablet and mobile. It's not just me being terribly behind on phones, I hate playing on them compared to PC or console for something this complex.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 21:27:51 13/09/2016
So... Is it pretty much Skylanders, except with a more League of Legends feel and articulated figures? 'Cause that's the vibe I'm getting from it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:03 13/09/2016 by AdamGregory03
#4 Posted: 21:30:51 13/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Reserved for future information....
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:34 14/09/2016 by PwnageFTW
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 22:23:14 13/09/2016
I'll try it I guess
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#6 Posted: 22:25:01 13/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
They had me at the cool figures, they lost me at tablet and mobile. It's not just me being terribly behind on phones, I hate playing on them compared to PC or console for something this complex.

This so much!
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 23:47:25 13/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
So... Is it pretty much Skylanders, except with a more League of Legends feel and articulated figures? 'Cause that's the vibe I'm getting from it.

Yeah! It looks cool to me, idk. I have a pretty decent phone so, I'm set in that front. I get being apathetic towards it now, but don't just immediately write it off because it copies Skylanders. Apparently it's more than just a Toys to Life game. There's also an entire collectible card game to go with it that seems neat.

Also, some jerkoff on Instagram named "FizzyFuzzyLander" claiming that the Twitter account harrass him. Anyone with an Instagram, please tell him to stop. He didn't get harrassed, the PR person was just doing his job and offering the Beta sign-up. I get not caring about the game, but to spread a blatant lie like that is ridiculous... Please set him straight someome.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:00:53 14/09/2016 by TheToyNerd
#8 Posted: 00:04:08 14/09/2016
so i went to the website.

the game itself looks cheesy, and the cards are bad... but the toys... THE DAMN TOYS!

Quote: the site
Manufactured by TOMY, renowned for quality:

7″ collector quality digital action figures
Highly articulated and poseable
Light up, talk, and vibrate as you play
No portal needed — connect directly to the game
Uniquely tagged and retain in-game progress

[User Posted Image]

THEM TOYS RIGHT HERE
THEM SOME SPICY TOYS
#9 Posted: 00:35:38 14/09/2016
Honestly, this kinda inspired an idea for my own Toys to Life game... But that's for another topic, I suppose.

Personally, I think so far the best aspect of this game is the character design. The dinosaur guy looks cool, that blue creature looks okay, and everyone else they've shown off also looks pretty cool. I probably won't get into it since I rarely use my mobile devices for games (that, and I'm not a fan of MOBA games, which this kinda looks like to me), but I'll be looking forward to seeing what other characters come from this game.
---
Check this out! Please?
#10 Posted: 00:39:30 14/09/2016
I think one of the more brilliant aspects of this game and it's concept is that you don't really need the game to appreciate the toys. They're just cool looking on their own as modern action figures.

Also, Adam, I'm pretty sure it's just a straight up RPG. You just explore the world and do quests!
#11 Posted: 00:57:36 14/09/2016
^Oh, okay. In that case it's a bit more interesting for me, but still not sure if I'd invest in it since, again, the MOBA thing.
---
Check this out! Please?
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#12 Posted: 01:01:35 14/09/2016
My reaction to Lightseekers:

[User Posted Image]
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#13 Posted: 01:23:57 14/09/2016
Actually, does anyone know what the character's names even are?
I think I saw the dinosaur guy's name was "Jax" or something, but not sure about anyone else.
---
Check this out! Please?
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#14 Posted: 01:31:49 14/09/2016
this is gonna fail miserably

i really like the idea and i would love if this took off but it won't

y'see, its trying to push itself too far in my most humble opinion

pokemon didnt get its card game and tv show until the year after it took off

skylanders burned bright for two or three years with a flashy new toy gimmick and then fizzled out, taking disney infinity with it (sales numbers don't lie, you guys might be dedicated but that's not the majority)

and personally its a bit too kid-oriented to have a massive story/lore and warrant the type of comics, videos, and overall depth of other games with that sort of stuff like overwatch and tf2

these guys poured a lot of hard work into this and it's evident but it's gonna go to waste trust me
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
#15 Posted: 01:47:41 14/09/2016
The numbers indeed don't lie, Skylanders SuperChargers didn't flop, just underperformed - we'll see if it's a true fall with SI's sales. Disney put expectations too high on their games and they always hated it, so as soon as they saw a window, they jumped ship.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:48:11 14/09/2016 by Bifrost
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#16 Posted: 02:45:03 14/09/2016
The dinosaur guy rocks.....buuuut everything else looks preeetty bland
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#17 Posted: 06:03:54 14/09/2016
Those figures look amazing, so much so that I'm actually feeling depressed because of how mediocre the gameplay looks. Couldn't they spring for a full fledged console adventure game?
---
Boop me if you see this.
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#18 Posted: 08:25:45 14/09/2016
I'm really curious to see how this does, because there are certainly issues to overcome:

1. Skylanders and Disney Infinity flopped hard on mobile. Gamers clearly don't want either:
a. A full console title on mobile devices (Lightseekers has the benefit of being designed for mobile)
b. A game that requires a physical toy connected to a mobile device

2. Those toys are BIG, which:
a. Isn't conducive to mobile gaming
b. Won't attract as many adults

I think if nothing else, Lightseekers will finally prove if mobile Toys To Life is viable. Personally, I don't think it is, but I still want to play this.

There is one surprise they may have in their back pocket though, Nintendo NX.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:27:22 14/09/2016 by wideawakewesley
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#19 Posted: 09:58:57 14/09/2016
Like the other TTL games that aren't Skylanders, I have no opinion on it. It's feeling really overused at this point. As for the gameplay, it's meh. I'm not a fan of how it looks and plays. The figures are kind of okayish, but eh.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#20 Posted: 14:38:39 14/09/2016
I will for sure pick up the Tyrax(dinosaur's race) figure. I wish they would give specs for the game so I know what kind of android tablet I need.

I hope the weapons can be sold separately since I wont use the blue girl but I want her weapons for the dino guy.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#21 Posted: 15:07:16 14/09/2016
Just warn me when the Undead characters are revealed so I can fangirl a bit over the design. Don't think I love the aesthetic in just Skylanders : P

That said, with TCG, huge figures and phone-only on top, I really don't have much faith in this. Trying too much, too soon, and without a proper fanbase - on top of some really unfinished looking gameplay. Putting all your eggs on one basket never worked well for games, let alone niche genres.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:48 14/09/2016 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 19:24:51 14/09/2016
Well, the game looking unfinished is probably because it is...

But I get the rest of the points. The first Skylanders game just had figures. They didn't start getting ambitious with the toys until the third game in the series (unless you count just scaling characters up in size as ambitious).

I'm assuming Play Fusion wants to turn this into a full-fledged series as well since this looks like the most direct competitor to Skylanders we've seen yet, and the first one in a while to actually use original characters (unlike Disney Infinity or LEGO Dimensions, which have pre-existing and well-known characters). To the point where even the gameplay seems similar.

The team seems really passionate about this project and I'm sure it'll have it's fans. But, to me, I don't think it'll catch on as well as Skylanders did, and being exclusive to mobile devices might be it's biggest problem...
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:25:25 14/09/2016 by AdamGregory03
#23 Posted: 23:01:11 14/09/2016
Actually, it's coming to PC and Mac as well.

I understand where you guys are coming from, though. Keep in mind, the game comes out next year and we don't even know HALF of what's going on with the property. I feel like if they do this right, we may have a real Skylanders competitor on our hands here. Yes, the mobile game aspect will probably turn off a lot of people, but they just need to drive home the fact that you can enjoy any of the multiple facets to the franchise on their own. That way, the hardcore fans can buy all the merchandise and parents who may be cost concerned might still buy other aspects for their kids.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:05 14/09/2016 by TheToyNerd
#24 Posted: 23:49:58 14/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Oh, okay then. Didn't know that.

In that case it might do better than I thought.

Especially since they don't have the legacy of making a beloved icon ugly.
jk
---
Check this out! Please?
#25 Posted: 00:00:38 15/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Quote: TheToyNerd

Oh, okay then. Didn't know that.

In that case it might do better than I thought.

Especially since they don't have the legacy of making a beloved icon ugly.
jk

They have this thing more thought out than any of us give it credit for.
#26 Posted: 01:44:04 15/09/2016
Dunno, from the interview with FGTV it felt like they're too ambitious. They straight up said the TCG and stat aspects are 100% competitive, which scares away casuals for sure.
---
#27 Posted: 03:24:30 15/09/2016
WAIT

IT'LL BE ON MAC/PC!?

OH YES.

I'M IN
#28 Posted: 10:56:28 15/09/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
WAIT

IT'LL BE ON MAC/PC!?

OH YES.

I'M IN

Yeah, the PC version is going to be a bit wonky at launch, but they are definitely going to port it to PC
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#29 Posted: 03:22:10 16/09/2016
I'm not sure what to make out of this, but if they make some crazy wicked designs and we get figures of that voodoo which doctor chick and the frog with clocks all over, then sign me up. Not sure if I play the game, but definitely get the figures for how cool these maybe. Also confession I always wanted a toys to life LOL kinda game and this one fits the bill and on point to that dream.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:24:51 16/09/2016 by GhostRoaster617
BlueFox Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#30 Posted: 04:09:25 22/09/2016

Tyrax species exploration. Nice look at concept art.
---
Where’s the account deletion button when you need one?
#31 Posted: 22:33:10 27/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Sorry for being away for a bit, had some issues with family IRL, but I'm back.
---
#32 Posted: 22:43:56 27/09/2016
Well, doesn't seem like there was anything new other than that video. The instagram has been posting backgrounds but considering the game's camera not much you'll see ingame.
---
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#33 Posted: 22:59:12 27/09/2016
I like the character designs for this game and the light up features look better than some of the Lightcore Skylanders. However, I prefer playing console games so I will probably have to give this a miss.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#34 Posted: 01:59:17 28/09/2016
Looks really pathetic in my opinion. I like the character designs, but that's pretty much it. Like others on this thread, I don't see this going very far.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#35 Posted: 03:29:03 28/09/2016
The toys and character design I really like, but it being mobile and especially are really poor decisions in my opinion. It's pretty much League of Legends, not saying LoL's gameplay is bad, it's just bland for Lightseekers. This clearly needed a closer camera Super Mario 64 style with jumping. I want to like this, but can't bring myself to do so.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#36 Posted: 10:29:09 28/09/2016
I'd just like to say that they are trying to port this game to other platforms in the near future and they aren't just putting all their faith in mobile. I believe an early version of the PC port will come out near the game's launch in 2017.

Obviously that won't make it an immediate success, but at least they are acknowledging the core issue people have with this... Wow, I should be a PR person for them!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#37 Posted: 17:43:54 04/10/2016
Light Seekers is starting a Kickstarter tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/light...319879958369821
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#38 Posted: 17:52:36 04/10/2016
... Really? A kickstarter is going to fund figure production when even Shovel Knight used up all of its funding before a single free DLC?
These guys have it way over their heads, no amount of "we've done this before" gives me confidence.

Their forums are also sadly empty too. They do not have enough people to pull a Yooka-Laylee and have more than what they need. Failing, probably not, but running out of funds halfway through is unfortunately a guarantee. And this isn't coming from some rando who knows nothing about game design, developing Mystery Game project is such a fear because we actually have an Indiegogo done and ready to go but we do not have an audience until we get real internet presence. A month after a few videos and minimal info is NOT how you do this.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:03:16 04/10/2016 by Bifrost
#39 Posted: 18:02:25 04/10/2016
Well, you never know. Plenty of great games have been made using Kickstarter funding. Shovel Knight like you mentioned, Yooka Laylee looks promising.
But... The fact that this is a toys to life game probably means this'll be a tad more expensive than most other Kickstarter games...
---
Check this out! Please?
#40 Posted: 18:04:33 04/10/2016
They can be made, but the issue is if the funds actually live through. SK sold like hotcakes and they still ran out of funding, with what, a 6 hour game and three DLC planned. Yooka-Laylee is a VERY special case in that they broke every single goal and then some. Can't remember how much we'll be asking off the top of my head, but the only reason it's so low is because Real conversion allows it to pay our salaries without being "too much" for a Metroidvania(since gamers love to assume that knowing nothing about game production).
The toys aspect just piles on costs that they have to put on the base goal, which risks being "too much" to ask, or risk never delivering despite a sucessful campaign.

Just glanced over their forums. They have 12 posts about the Kickstarter *total* on both threads about it. You don't launch it tomorrow at this state, you launch it in a month.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 18:11:29 04/10/2016 by Bifrost
#41 Posted: 18:45:56 04/10/2016
Yeah... I mean, I'm excited for Lightseekers and I want to see it succeed, but the fanbase is WAY too small to start something like this. The Twitter account doesn't even have 1,000 followers yet! I hope that the word about the campaign spreads out enough that they can be successful.

I was under the assumption that they have the funding for this but apparently not!
#42 Posted: 18:53:02 04/10/2016
Yeah... If I were in these guy's shoes I'd probably wait to at least get a fanbase of like two hundred people before making a Kickstarter.
---
Check this out! Please?
#43 Posted: 19:01:26 04/10/2016
I think that they're at least running some ads on Facebook and such, but I feel like the word hasn't really spreaded all that far! I messaged them on the forums about it. I hope they address the concern soon.

EDIT: So, apparently they aren't just making a Kickstarter on their own to help fund production of the game. Kickstarter THEMSELVES will try and help promote the project and spread the word about it, which sounds like a good sign to me. At the end of the day, it will take a good amount of faith in the Internet at large to make this a reality, but I believe in them.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:24:37 04/10/2016 by TheToyNerd
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#44 Posted: 22:53:42 04/10/2016
Yeah, what Bifrost is saying is also my concern, those reasons are why Griff the Winged Lion is failing/has failed.
#45 Posted: 23:26:06 04/10/2016
I don't usually support Kickstarter projects (since I feel like most of the time they have a large enough fanbase to back them without my help, I'll support the game when it's finished if it interests me), but I might support this one just so they have a fighting chance... If I have enough to spare. And if one of their stretch goals is console releases.
---
Check this out! Please?
#46 Posted: 16:55:41 05/10/2016
https://t.co/Vy5qQtPpNu

Kickstarter is LIVE! Already reached Over 6K dollars in a few minutes
#47 Posted: 17:49:11 05/10/2016
>200k

Yeah, no. You're not making a toy AND CARD franchise with 200k as an indie.
Also, now you need flight packs to take part in the minigames?
Either way, we have your Orders - Astral, Dread, Mountain, Nature, Storm and Tech. Could've gone all the way and called it Machine, but ok. There are also sub elements which are the usual fare.

Quote:
At launch, we'll have two playable races available, tyrax and mari.
and some of us don’t even draw salaries.
Our plan is to soft launch in the USA first in a limited number of retailers. Therefore, one of the only ways to secure digital action figures or cards at launch is through this Kickstarter campaign.

*facepalm* So, if you don't want dinosaur or cute lionfish girl, though luck, huh.
But wooow, they really underestimate how much they'll sell and how much they need RIGHT NOW to actually get good stock.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:51:54 05/10/2016 by Bifrost
#48 Posted: 18:16:05 05/10/2016
Yeah...

I mean say what you will about Skylanders being in control of a green-eyed monster, but they at least know what they're doing most of the time.

The only way this would really make sense to me is if they already made most of the money necessary and are just using the Kickstarter as a means to finish off the thing.
---
Check this out! Please?
#49 Posted: 18:20:46 05/10/2016
It seems like they did out of their own pocket, which is a-ok for the technology aspect, but something they don't seem to have understood is that you need to mass produce; a soft launch or 200k isn't going to pay ordering thousands and thousands of huge figures. And if you have no stock, people will stick to the free game and not give you a cent.
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me