Page 1 of 1
Free Roam Capabilities
TaeKwonCrow Green Sparx Gems: 233
#1 Posted: 18:35:11 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
How big do you wonder the free roam is going to be? Whole world size big, or Academy+little islands?
---
*looks up at icon*
GO HOME, BUCKSHOT, YOU'RE DRUNK
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#2 Posted: 19:09:55 09/09/2016
wait, free roam is confirmed...?!
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#3 Posted: 19:14:07 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
No i know, but to what extent?
---
*looks up at icon*
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 19:17:13 09/09/2016
It has been confirmed on several occasions that there is a large overworld that connects all the levels together. Nothing else has really been discovered besides that...
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#5 Posted: 19:24:37 09/09/2016
I used to think part of the M.A.P. was the level show in Barbella and TKC's gameplay videos because
one of the Adventure Achievements had the level in its picture IIRC, and we assumed Adventures would be within the M.A.P.. I don't think it would fit with any of the Level Achievements either, so unless we get more than ten levels (I think we will get ten levels and ten level-sized Elemental Realms), it could probably be the M.A.P..
However, it looks more like a level than part of the M.A.P.. I'm not completely sure either way.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
#6 Posted: 19:31:09 09/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
It has been confirmed on several occasions that there is a large overworld that connects all the levels together. Nothing else has really been discovered besides that...

K, then.

I hope they make it huge, have side-quests with various towns, and have secret areas with chests and soul gems.
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 20:26:13 09/09/2016
I actually think it might possibly be this area . it kind of reminds me of what the Academy gardens might look like . And it seems like a whole wide island area. We'll see soon enough though.
[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:16 09/09/2016 by B-BOB358
#8 Posted: 21:06:48 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I doubt they will. This isnt an RPG
---
*looks up at icon*
#9 Posted: 21:14:08 09/09/2016
Quote: TaeKwonCrow
I doubt they will. This isnt an RPG

Actually, it's very much an RPG.

RPG = Role Playing Game

The player plays the role of a Portal Master.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#10 Posted: 21:24:26 09/09/2016
Skylanders always had RPG elements (XP, Levels, Upgrades...).

Okay, we know that about the hub:

• It will be semi-open (so, you know, not totally open, but somewhat).
  • You can play the levels in any order you want (maybe the first and last ones are exceptions).
  • Academy is in there.
  • There are Elemental Realms unlocked by Senseis but accessible with any Skylander.
---
Bruh
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#11 Posted: 21:46:03 09/09/2016
Quote: Crash10
Skylanders always had RPG elements (XP, Levels, Upgrades...).

• It will be semi-open (so, you know, not totally open, but somewhat).
  • You can play the levels in any order you want (maybe the first and last ones are exceptions).
  • Academy is in there.
  • There are Elemental Realms unlocked by Senseis but accessible with any Skylander.

What's more, we now have classes, gear, stats, etc.
It's totally an RPG (not sure if it's an RPG light tho...)
Even the plot in SSA was structured like one (collect all 4/7/8/10 artifacts to open the door to the final boss and/or get the power needed to beat him, fight bosses guarding most of them, so on and so forth)
Also, Final Fantasy was a D&D derivative, right?
Well, collect four elemental crystals, battle an elemental five/four headed dragon that's a servant of Chaos/Kaos, and the antithesis to them is also a dragon.
Illuminati confirmed
Spyro's Adventure = Final Fantasy I
D&D artist guy = D&D knockoff
8 Elemental Sources = 4 elemental crystals
Hydra = Tiamat
Kaos = Chaos
Spyro = Bahamut
Skylanders = Warriors of Light
And the inspiration from FF is more blatant in Giants, they ripped Triple Triad off of Squall "Leon" Leonheart's game, Final Fantasy VIII's own Triple Triad.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#12 Posted: 21:57:27 09/09/2016
I would say it's a Hack 'n Slash mixed with RPG (kinda like the Night stages in Sonic Unleashed). You know, the enemies even show the damage when you hit then. RPG thing. But it quite works like a Hack 'n Slash, by it's style of combat, puzzles, and platforming.
---
Bruh
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#13 Posted: 23:38:06 09/09/2016

Are you sure about that?
---
bye
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#14 Posted: 23:52:56 09/09/2016
Quote: newkill

Are you sure about that?

It was confirmed in a recent Gamescom video.

http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=279333
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15 Posted: 23:59:13 09/09/2016
Quote: Aura24

Are you sure about that?

Wow, really?
Huh... That's kinda interesting.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#16 Posted: 00:15:34 10/09/2016
But keep in mind that what I said about the first and last levels being exceptions are just guesses, but I think it's the most probable choice.
---
Bruh
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#17 Posted: 00:43:15 10/09/2016
I would say it's a Hack 'n Slash mixed with RPG (kinda like the Night stages in Sonic Unleashed). You know, the enemies even show the damage when you hit then. RPG thing. But it quite works like a Hack 'n Slash, by it's style of combat, puzzles, and platforming.

Hack and Slash? Only half of the landers have combos. A few have to be used strategically.
If you like RPG hack and slashes, you all should try Warrior/Musou (not Basara doe, don't give crapcom any more monies than absolutely necessary.)
They call em battlefield RPGs, but...

They crossover with a lot of crud, but the main games are Samurai Warriors (Sengoku [Japanese warring states] period) and Dynasty Warriors (Sangoku [Chinese Three Kingdoms] Period), with Warriors Orochi being a crossover between the two. (Dynasty Meets samurai [Sangoku meets Sengoku])
There's also Dynasty Warriors Gundam,
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U/3DS) (crossover with Zelda [if you're one of the few who doesn't know what Hyrule is])
Pirate Warriors: One Piece
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (my bro says JoJo rips off FotNS, but idk either franchise, so... Drawdler, maybe you could explain it better without my bro's bitter attitude and oversimplified explanations!)
Apart from Orochi, all the crossovers are essentially "crossover's cast and setting crossed with Musou's (warrior's) gameplay.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#18 Posted: 01:03:45 10/09/2016
Oh juarmo, I know about those games actually. I consider Skylanders a Hack 'n Slash because of the high focus on combat, like a Beat 'n Up. But I think you're right about being more of a RPG.
---
Bruh
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#19 Posted: 01:17:21 10/09/2016

SSA & Giants always felt like Diablo-lite to me personally, and they've only added platforming for the most part since ( the main combat aspects still have that Diablo feel )
#20 Posted: 01:23:33 10/09/2016
Yeah, the first two are pretty much Dungeon Crawls. From Swap Force and onward, they felt more like a Action-Adventure game (term used for games that generally mix Hack 'n Slash and Platform, as I know) with RPG.
---
Bruh
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#21 Posted: 02:01:56 10/09/2016
Quote: Aura24

Are you sure about that?

Unless I missed something, Paul says "choose which level to enter", but no mention of the order in which the chapters of the story are played.
---
bye
#22 Posted: 03:23:01 10/09/2016
Yeah I got that too, I think it's too early to say we have level order choice .
---
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#23 Posted: 04:04:38 10/09/2016
Perhaps the levels require a certain portal master rank, similar to the required Stars needed in various Mario games. That'd be an interesting new, and one I personally would enjoy, feature.

Of course, the required rank shouldn't become so high that one can't access it without relative ease. If you beat one level, another should become readily available, but completionists and those who enjoy non-story modes could unlock other levels faster, perhaps, too.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:07:19 10/09/2016 by BoneGrunt
#24 Posted: 05:20:05 10/09/2016
^That's a good idea too.

I'd prefer the levels not so easily accessible though like banjo kazooie ( having to complete enough objectives of open levels before the next level will open) . I liked this system coz it gave you a purpose to play to completion, both story and extra objectives. It makes the game last much longer . Which is something skylanders needs to work on .
---
#25 Posted: 09:23:49 10/09/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I don't like "you need X collectables to unlock next level" 'cuz it feels limiting in a boring way. It could act as a difficulty gate of sorts but I've never seen that pulled off well.

I personally like the system of Crash 2/3. There are several worlds with a few levels each, you can play all the levels of a world in any order (aside from the boss level being last) and you unlock a new world when you finish all the levels of the last one. Keeps some nice difficulty progression while giving you decent freedom and making each replay feel fresh.

... In retrospect, the original Spyro games pretty much had that system too. smilie

If you don't like the function of "you need X collectibles to unlock the next level", you aren't a gamer, m8.

(no offense)
---
#26 Posted: 09:34:52 10/09/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I'm not your m8, p8l.

(none taken)

Well, I guess I ate/drank too much dew and doritos...

(thanks)
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#27 Posted: 10:00:14 10/09/2016
My guess is that we will have the Academy on the center of the M.A.P., more or less, and that there will be a quite wide explorable "world" surrounding it and leading to the various levels.

However, I personally think we won't be able to complete the levels in any order, simply that we can access them directly from the M.A.P. (similarly to SA) maybe even after we've completed them: in fact I'm expecting the M.A.P. to expand each time we complete a new level, so that we can access the next one.
The hubs always changed while progressing in Story Mode, so I guess it would make sense.

I'm really hoping for tons of enemies, secrets, collectables and treasures and also NPC's to talk to.
I also think that Adventure Packs will be accessed from the M.A.P. as well, and while I'm not expecting them to unlock the respective levels I'm crossing my fingers for older Adventure Packs to at least add more areas ro explore.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#28 Posted: 03:39:58 11/09/2016
Quote: BoneGrunt
Perhaps the levels require a certain portal master rank, similar to the required Stars needed in various Mario games. That'd be an interesting new, and one I personally would enjoy, feature.

Of course, the required rank shouldn't become so high that one can't access it without relative ease. If you beat one level, another should become readily available, but completionists and those who enjoy non-story modes could unlock other levels faster, perhaps, too.

As long as you can acess everything (earning enough stars) just by playing, doing quests etc. It would be really bad if you get to a part of the game where you need more stars to progress, but to get more stars you need new Skylanders to get new collectibles and rank up.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#29 Posted: 03:57:00 11/09/2016
^The games are always made so you can reach the end with just the starter pack.
---
#30 Posted: 11:36:42 11/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Kind of like an RPG-esuqe world.
---
*looks up at icon*
bluerosedruid Gold Sparx Gems: 2991
#31 Posted: 21:53:27 11/09/2016
with the random chest drops and gear collections to replay the worlds with all levels interconnected on a hub with semi free roam capability is seems more like a love child of Pokemon and Diablo.; Just my $.02. Super stoked to get this one, SC sucked so lets hope they can bring it back around.
---
Imagination is the power ? Hell yeah!!! save the franchise TFB
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me