Page 1 of 1
Creation App
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 15:26:03 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Making a topic for something we don't know anything about.

So... Let's speculate, discuss, all that good stuff, I guess.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#2 Posted: 15:37:48 08/09/2016
I think its an app that allows you to create your own custom skylanders that could eventually become skylanders in skylanders 7,8,9
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 15:44:25 08/09/2016
What I'm hoping for: an app that somehow lets you save your Imaginators on your device, and also create some new ones by using the parts you've discovered in-game, and allows you to switch them freely inside your Crystals.

What I'm expecting: an app which lets you create your Imaginators and allows you to put them inside an empty Crystal with the same Battle Class selected.

It is definitely something with cross-play for the console version.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#4 Posted: 15:44:32 08/09/2016
I really hope it's a way to test-drive creations in SI without having tk lock your crystal's class, though probably too hopeful.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 16:01:47 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Y'know, thinking about it, I think we might find out about it at that GameStop expo next week, since there's already a page on the website for it. Honestly I'm hoping to be some sort of a vault as well where you can just store your created Imaginators on it, because then that'd really help people with the whole non-resettable crystals thing.
---
Check this out! Please?
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#6 Posted: 16:05:19 08/09/2016
I pray that it will let you test-drive creations.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
jhamel10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#7 Posted: 17:35:17 08/09/2016
When will it be out?
---
I'm Bigger and Better not Cheesy like Cheddar!
#8 Posted: 17:36:55 08/09/2016
If you saw the page, it's just 'coming soon', we don't even know anything about it.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 17:37:28 08/09/2016
It will be a way to create imaginators in your smartphone and transfer them to your console, assuming you have a compatible crystal.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#10 Posted: 18:26:22 08/09/2016
Quote: angelg
It will be a way to create imaginators in your smartphone and transfer them to your console, assuming you have a compatible crystal.

*cough cough* speculation *cough cough*
---
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#11 Posted: 20:08:20 08/09/2016
We can pretty much assume it'll be a character creation template . Make skylanders on the go etc.
it's a great idea to be able to test out the look of a character for your element/class combo before choosing a crystal.

From the option we saw in the console menu, the 2 devices will be able to link ( maybe just via email login ) . So you'll probably be able to save designs in app and load them on the console from the app menu .

The big question is whether the app will be progress tied to your console progress ( only have access to the parts you've unlocked so far) or have all the possible parts already available .

I think it's more likely the app would be tied to your console progress . It's there to let you make skylanders on the go with Wat parts you already have.

Having all the parts available on a creation app straight off is a bit odd I think. Sure you'd get some hype about all the options, and showing fans Wat they can unlock if they keep playing the game is an incentive , but with all the unlockables it'd take ages to eventually play as that specific imaginators if it's made of rare parts . It doesn't exactly market well to get people to make a character but then tell them they can't use it In game until they play each level 10 more times to maybe unlock the right parts.

Also I think part of the game incentive is that the parts are mostly secret until you unlock them. Having access to a fully part unlocked creator kind of defeats the excitement of unlocking new parts .
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12 Posted: 20:56:47 08/09/2016
Remember the Creator App tab in the Character Creation?

Yeah, remember that?

WELL OBVIOUSLY IF IT'S FEATURED IN THE GAME THEN IT MUST MEAN THAT YOU CAN CREATE CHARACTERS ON THE GO AND TRANSFER THEM IN THE GAME!

But I do like Bifrost's idea, though I think it won't happen.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#13 Posted: 21:52:25 08/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun

Of course it is speculation, the whole thread is. THe game hasn't been released yet, there is a lot of stuff we don't know yet... is there really a need to make this kind of trivial observations? Do we really need to point out if we are speculating each time we throw in our ideas?

Moreover, I'll finally have a reason to sync my smartphone with my ps4.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#14 Posted: 22:44:12 08/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Just thought of something, is it even possible to sync a Wii U with a phone?
---
Check this out! Please?
#15 Posted: 22:57:53 08/09/2016

Of course it is speculation, the whole thread is. THe game hasn't been released yet, there is a lot of stuff we don't know yet... is there really a need to make this kind of trivial observations? Do we really need to point out if we are speculating each time we throw in our ideas?

Moreover, I'll finally have a reason to sync my smartphone with my ps4.

Well, you were saying it as if you were so sure, and as if it was confirmed.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#16 Posted: 23:09:15 08/09/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Don't think so

I still think you create charecters that will be used in future skylander games
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5324
#17 Posted: 23:15:15 08/09/2016

This seems about right. And it'd be cool if you could use a Bluetooth portal to save them.
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#18 Posted: 23:22:38 08/09/2016
i have a feeling this is going to work in some way with the bluetooth portals from TT and SC...

either way, i'm hype. smilie
#19 Posted: 07:14:33 09/09/2016
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Quote: AdamGregory03

Don't think so

I still think you create charecters that will be used in future skylander games

You don't have to sync the actual devices, you do have a Nintendo account /ID which has an email assigned to it that can be used as a login . The Nintendo account would store the info .

If the app is gonna do wat we think it does anyway.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#20 Posted: 08:47:33 09/09/2016
I think that this app is going to allow us to creat parts ( heads , arms, etc...) that aren't in the game.
Skygrounders Green Sparx Gems: 187
#21 Posted: 10:33:46 09/09/2016
My Guess Is Ethier Building, Sharing, Trading Or More
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#22 Posted: 17:45:33 09/09/2016
i just hope this app garbage die out fast, i am not interest in buying an iphone to be able to fully experience a skylander game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#23 Posted: 17:49:08 09/09/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
i just hope this app garbage die out fast, i am not interest in buying an iphone to be able to fully experience a skylander game.

That's a stretch
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TaeKwonCrow Green Sparx Gems: 233
#24 Posted: 17:55:07 09/09/2016
You Don't Have a Phone? (Apple Advert: Did you see the livestream?)
---
*looks up at icon*
GO HOME, BUCKSHOT, YOU'RE DRUNK
#25 Posted: 17:56:12 09/09/2016

I'm sure they'll care about some angry person doing nonsensical statements. Naaah. You don't even know what it can do and already are jumping to conclusions.
---
#26 Posted: 18:06:20 09/09/2016 | Topic Creator

Whatever this app is, I doubt you'll need it to fully experience the game.
I mean for all we know it could just be an app that has pictures of random Imaginators.
---
Check this out! Please?
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#27 Posted: 18:16:30 09/09/2016

You don't have a phone ! Well someone joined my club ! But seriously, I think the app is a plus so you don't really need it, it's just laybe for fast creating or saving imaginators, who knows !
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#28 Posted: 18:24:21 09/09/2016

......Ahahahaha! Oh classic Count, bashing a game when there are currently NO DETAILS and BEFORE it's even released! Classic. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:42:17 09/09/2016 by Aura24
#29 Posted: 18:52:05 09/09/2016
Quote: Aura24

......Ahahahaha! Oh classic Count, bashing a game BEFORE it's even released! Classic. smilie

its an app not the game... and the threat is serious, last year they desperately added microtransactions to the game after it released. if the have added the microtransactions before the reviewers have had their hands on the game. you can bet there would be no imaginators today. the backlash and low sales would have been even more than they was for superchargers. so they did sneak in the microtransactions after release. the thing is the activision desperation to earn more cash is getting cringe worthy, and it is really starting to damage the game. the crystals is the main gimmick and they lock the battle class, and they already got one gimmick the villain.... whats next two, three four gimmicks and more to buy to get your moneys worth out of 13 hours gameplay. next year people will have to buy the nx, ps4pro or xbone scorp if they are stuck with the wiiu and its all about 4k hdr tvs now to make the games shine... if you ask me something must break. we are in a middle of a generation shift of hardware to play on. so spending $300 on one game is not many want to do, they just want to enjoy what they got or get a skylander game that dont cost a premium.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:54:47 09/09/2016 by CountMoneyBone
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#30 Posted: 18:53:29 09/09/2016

......Ahahahaha! Oh classic Count, bashing a game BEFORE it's even released! Classic. smilie

its an app not the game... and the threat is serious, last year they desperately added microtransactions to the game after it released. if the have added the microtransactions before the reviewers have had their hands on the game. you can bet there would be no imaginators today. the backlash and low sales would have been even more than they was for superchargers. so they did sneak in the microtransactions after release. the thing is the activision desperation to earn more cash is getting cringe worthy, and it is really starting to damage the game. the crystals is the main gimmick and they lock the battle class, and they already got one gimmick the villain.... whats next two, three four gimmicks and more to buy to get your moneys worth out of 13 hours gameplay. next year people will have to buy the nx, ps4pro or xbone scorp if they are stuck with the wiiu and its all about 4k hdr tvs now to make the games shine... if you ask me something must break. we are in a middle of a generation shift of hardware to play on.

cool.
#31 Posted: 18:58:16 09/09/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

its an app not the game... and the threat is serious, last year they desperately added microtransactions to the game after it released. if the have added the microtransactions before the reviewers have had their hands on the game. you can bet there would be no imaginators today. the backlash and low sales would have been even more than they was for superchargers. so they did sneak in the microtransactions after release. the thing is the activision desperation to earn more cash is getting cringe worthy, and it is really starting to damage the game. the crystals is the main gimmick and they lock the battle class, and they already got one gimmick the villain.... whats next two, three four gimmicks and more to buy to get your moneys worth out of 13 hours gameplay. next year people will have to buy the nx, ps4pro or xbone scorp if they are stuck with the wiiu and its all about 4k hdr tvs now to make the games shine... if you ask me something must break. we are in a middle of a generation shift of hardware to play on.

cool.

if you have bothered watching the ps4pro reveal this week you know we are right in a middle of a console change, where its all about 4k hdr tvs. next up are nintendo then next year the xbone scorp.. we sure dont need to be dependent on a iphone/ipad on top of all this...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#32 Posted: 19:21:08 09/09/2016
You can use an android, y'know. Even Super Mario Run is only a timed exclusive.
---
#33 Posted: 19:46:16 09/09/2016

Oh, look. Some angry guy jumping to conclusions and saying apps should die, even though we have no clue what the Creation App is for.

Amusing. smilie
---
#34 Posted: 20:55:02 09/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost

android or not dont matter if you must buy a new phone.. its an extra cost.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#35 Posted: 20:57:11 09/09/2016

Oh, look. Some angry guy jumping to conclusions and saying apps should die, even though we have no clue what the Creation App is for.

Amusing. smilie

you can be amused all you want, when you stand there and have to buy a new console, game and a phone its not much amusing at all.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#36 Posted: 21:03:07 09/09/2016

Amusing. smilie

you can be amused all you want, when you stand there and have to buy a new console, game and a phone its not much amusing at all.

You didn't read my point.

Amusing. smilie
---
#37 Posted: 21:06:09 09/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost

android or not dont matter if you must buy a new phone.. its an extra cost.

Why are you guessing you need a new phone? Your entire issue here is depending on assumption.

YES, it could be a highly graphics intensive game like Battlecast and require new phones, but it wouldn't be required to enjoy Imaginators in that case.
---
#38 Posted: 21:59:41 09/09/2016
I assume he's talking about the future in a few years .

unless he's living in his own world where xbox360 PS3, ps4 and xboxone apparently arnt able to play skylanders imaginators .

Just ignore him, considering where living in the present .
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me