Page 1 of 1
Do we actually need senseis?
jhamel10 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1042
#1 Posted: 15:47:37 05/09/2016 | Topic Creator

Do you need senseis to unlock and beat the entire game? I was thinking of just buying crystals to start with since they are $5 cheaper. I know in Trap Team you needed certain Trap Masters to do certain things. I'm hoping it's not like that in Imaginators. I figure I can make my own characters to start with and use my older skylanders also. I want to get senseis eventually but maybe when there is a sale. Anyone know anything? Thanks in advance.
---
I'm Bigger and Better not Cheesy like Cheddar!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:49:43 05/09/2016 by jhamel10
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#2 Posted: 15:49:09 05/09/2016
if you want to level up your caracters then yes.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#3 Posted: 16:03:00 05/09/2016
They're more essential than crystals, and with unresettable crystals it's for the better. Senseis unlock Shrines and Gongs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 16:40:27 05/09/2016
yes, because hood sickle
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#5 Posted: 16:43:28 05/09/2016
Quote: ZapNorris
yes, because hood sickle

This.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Trighap52 Blue Sparx Gems: 637
#6 Posted: 16:48:54 05/09/2016
No, because barbella smilie just kidding they unlock abilities and parts for your imaginator so 1per elemnt and battle class is basically everything you'll need to fully play the game
---
Oh we can zoom all the way to the moon from this great wide wacky world, Jump with me, grab coins with me, Oh yeah!
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#7 Posted: 16:52:53 05/09/2016
You can beat the game with just your previous Skylanders, or the contents of the Starter Pack, or both.
Oh, and it seems some form of Traptanium Gates are back. They seem to be called Sensei Elemental Realms.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#8 Posted: 16:56:35 05/09/2016
They're not like Traptanium Gates, it's a bit of a harsh comparison. They're not in the collectible list, so they're more like Vehicle Zones in which they're probably acessed from the hub.
---
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 16:57:18 05/09/2016
They are not needed to beat the main storyline, neither are imaginators.

Those two unlock complementary parts of the game (gongs, secret tecniques, etc) but are not required to progress through the main arc. So you can beat the game with Spyro series 1 only if you wish.

Edit: ninja'd two times.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:57:41 05/09/2016 by angelg
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#10 Posted: 16:58:40 05/09/2016
Comparing the two types of figures...
(There may be things we don't know about, though.)

- Character Creation Unlocks
Creation Crystals: One set of Imaginator parts, depending on Element (duplicates provide nothing).
Senseis: One Imaginator part, depending on character. One Secret Technique, depending on Battle Class (duplicates and Kaos provide nothing). Increasing the level cap (seemingly defaults to 15).

- In-Game Paywalls
Creation Crystals: Absolutely nothing, just like Cores in STT.
Senseis: Shrines (Sky-Chi + more Imaginator parts), Gongs and...
"Sensei Elemental Realms"
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#11 Posted: 21:34:10 05/09/2016
I really want to know what these elemental realms are.

Oh, and I didn't know that the imaginator crystals unlocked a set of imaginators parts! That's very interesting!
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#12 Posted: 22:09:03 05/09/2016
We certainly need Senseis more than we need Imaginators, I mean, that's not saying much, because we need Imagibators like we need holes in our heads, but still!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#13 Posted: 22:16:20 05/09/2016
Quote: juarmo
We certainly need Senseis more than we need Imaginators, I mean, that's not saying much, because we need Imagibators like we need holes in our heads, but still!

Excuse me, but what is a "Imagibator"?
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5366
#14 Posted: 22:42:48 05/09/2016
Quote: Bifrost
They're not like Traptanium Gates, it's a bit of a harsh comparison. They're not in the collectible list, so they're more like Vehicle Zones in which they're probably acessed from the hub.

I feel like they regretted limiting Vehicle Zones to the hub, though, which is why they added them to the main levels via a patch. I'm expecting Sensei Elemental Realms to be more prominent from the start.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#15 Posted: 22:59:18 05/09/2016
They might be in the MAP if it's a travel hub, maybe even between levels. That way it's not "oh no you HAVE to do them to see more of the level" but a nice extra, even if it has stars to obtain.
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#16 Posted: 23:46:54 05/09/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun

maybe an Imagibator is a very dirty Imaginator?

and yeah, Senseis will be needed for various unlocks....
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#17 Posted: 04:13:58 06/09/2016

A typo, that's what!
Curse you phones and your tiny keyboards!
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#18 Posted: 14:32:42 06/09/2016

A typo, that's what!
Curse you phones and your tiny keyboards!

kewlz
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me