Page 1 of 1
Checkpoints in Nightmare Mode
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#1 Posted: 03:11:09 02/09/2016 | Topic Creator
I would love it if they add checkpoints in nightmare mode. It's simply not punishing enough if you die because everything you need to do is put on another Skylander and continue from where you died. Especially in boss fights where all you do is spam your attacks and hope to do as much damage as possible until you get killed, then switch characters, and repeat, at least thats how I do it since after a while I just don't bother to dodge the attacks anymore.

Having to restart a bossfight everytime you die would definitaly create a big challenge for the older players which the skylander games lack. But also smaller enemies throughout the level could be a big challenge since they do a lot of damage in nightmare mode anyway and having to dodge the attacks and time your abilities would be more important if there were checkpoints.
It would also have a strong Dark-Souls vibe and there is nothing more statisfying than beating a boss after 20 tries.
---
i am trash
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#2 Posted: 03:47:49 02/09/2016
i think thats what the "No skylanders Defeated" achievements is usually there for. I'm not expecting them to change the system yet.

I agree though, I would actully like nightmare mode to only allow you to complete each level with 1 or a small teams of skylanders (4 if we go ff what generally happens in the comics).

This way theyd be more "on a mission" as apposed to 300 skylanders at your disposal to slowly chip away at each challenge.

thats actually one of the things i really dislike about skylanders nightmare mode, SC i didnt mind, but TT just required you to keep chipping away at Kaos's health for 30 minutes and switching out a skylander every other minute that died. It doesnt really feel like a challenge, it just takes a long time lol.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#3 Posted: 06:48:57 02/09/2016
Quote: Takadox360
I would love it if they add checkpoints in nightmare mode. It's simply not punishing enough if you die because everything you need to do is put on another Skylander and continue from where you died. Especially in boss fights where all you do is spam your attacks and hope to do as much damage as possible until you get killed, then switch characters, and repeat, at least thats how I do it since after a while I just don't bother to dodge the attacks anymore.

Having to restart a bossfight everytime you die would definitaly create a big challenge for the older players which the skylander games lack. But also smaller enemies throughout the level could be a big challenge since they do a lot of damage in nightmare mode anyway and having to dodge the attacks and time your abilities would be more important if there were checkpoints.
It would also have a strong Dark-Souls vibe and there is nothing more statisfying than beating a boss after 20 tries.

Not true. I've thrown myself at a boss 50 times in a few games, and I've never touched darksouls.
I'd have to say winning after 50 is more satisfying than winning after 20.
Turbo Charge DK's challenge comes to mind
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#4 Posted: 07:10:27 02/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: juarmo
Not true. I've thrown myself at a boss 50 times in a few games, and I've never touched darksouls.

I guess it's time to get gud then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
---
i am trash
#5 Posted: 10:51:56 06/09/2016
Quote: Takadox360

I guess it's time to get gud then ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Eh. Most of the ones I mentioned are Superbosses
like Lingering Will and Data Replica Luxord [screw his Desperation Move! I didn't buy KH to play a Russian Roulette sim, I did it to play an Action RPG]
in KHII on Critical, although I also found
Young Xehonort
in KH Dream Drop Distance on Critical was absolute hell and fighting
Marluxia's new form
(heck, even his Second form took me the better part of a day to beat and then I was like, come on, there's a third one?) in Re:Chain of Memories, and a few story bosses were tough on KHII critical.
Also:
Iron Imprisoner IV
was really hard, not much difference between standard and proud really, it WAS really tough fighting
on Birth By Sleep Proud though.

The Dustflier in 358/2 days proud took a bit of practice. As did the Leechgrave in one of the Challenge missions
Ruler of the Skies, now that was heck on earth!
Also, the time missions in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity all the other missions come easy to me, extreme everything, but I can't even get the Expert card on Time missions, so no Chaos Emeralds for me smilie
Oh, and did I mention Donkey Kong's Supercharged Challenge? Getting 3 stars on THAT was just unfair.

Also, beating Classic 9.0 in Smash Wii U took practice. Heck, getting to the FORTRESS STAGE took practice, and beating it was another monster, doing it with 3 different characters, when I was only familiar with 3 characters, only two of which had the aerial capability to handle master Fortress.
(Or ko'ing 10 Mii fighters in Cruel Smash as Lucina smilie)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#6 Posted: 17:49:36 06/09/2016

Also, beating Classic 9.0 in Smash Wii U took practice. Heck, getting to the FORTRESS STAGE took practice, and beating it was another monster, doing it with 3 different characters, when I was only familiar with 3 characters, only two of which had the aerial capability to handle master Fortress.

I HATE that bs in Smash...especially since they require it to unlock all the collectibles & music smilie Heck, even All Star mode is utter bs now...they really need to make everything unlockable in multiple ways so fans like me can still enjoy the music & trophies & whatnot without having to pay somebody else to unlock them ( yes, I seriously want to pay somebody to unlock stuff for me in Smash...better than getting suicidal over my inability to get all the trophies & songs ). I can barely do anything above 2.0, and I still can't figure out how I managed to clear 9.0 with Link on 3DS the 1 time I did smilie
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#7 Posted: 23:20:34 06/09/2016
A Nightmare mode that doesn't require you to have tons of figures would be brilliant. Kaos in Trap team was ridiculous.
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
#8 Posted: 01:43:07 07/09/2016
Quote: ChillStealthElf

I HATE that bs in Smash...especially since they require it to unlock all the collectibles & music smilie Heck, even All Star mode is utter bs now...they really need to make everything unlockable in multiple ways so fans like me can still enjoy the music & trophies & whatnot without having to pay somebody else to unlock them ( yes, I seriously want to pay somebody to unlock stuff for me in Smash...better than getting suicidal over my inability to get all the trophies & songs ). I can barely do anything above 2.0, and I still can't figure out how I managed to clear 9.0 with Link on 3DS the 1 time I did smilie

Well, personally, I'm only missing one Trophy on Wii U, and that's Dixie Kong. (and Omnislash, but i'm saving that for last smilie) I need to KO my rival in Rival Smash as Diddy 3 times, and I'm just no good at Diddy. So, I can't really relate.
Seriously though, 2.0? I could do that in my sleep!
---
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#9 Posted: 03:25:45 07/09/2016

Well, personally, I'm only missing one Trophy on Wii U, and that's Dixie Kong. (and Omnislash, but i'm saving that for last smilie) I need to KO my rival in Rival Smash as Diddy 3 times, and I'm just no good at Diddy. So, I can't really relate.

yeah, even with all my years of gaming experience I've never been very good...and as a hardcore Nintendo geek a lot of my enjoyment in Smash comes from the trophies, music, characters ( playable and ATs...except the Nintendog, that thing scares the bejeezus out of me & causes severe panic attacks ) and stage designs. Unfortunately, Sakurai & his team only really seem to care about the super competitive fans...at least it seems like that based on the obnoxious challenges tied to unlocking stuff. Just my opinion though...with my Aspergers I seriously get suicidal knowing I can't unlock collectibles and music/sound test stuff. Never mind requiring the obnoxiously evil All Star mode for the Final Smash trophies ( it's just an annoying survival challenge now...ffs, at least turn off the stage hazards Sakurai x_x )
#10 Posted: 16:46:10 07/09/2016

yeah, even with all my years of gaming experience I've never been very good...and as a hardcore Nintendo geek a lot of my enjoyment in Smash comes from the trophies, music, characters ( playable and ATs...except the Nintendog, that thing scares the bejeezus out of me & causes severe panic attacks ) and stage designs. Unfortunately, Sakurai & his team only really seem to care about the super competitive fans... at least it seems like that based on the obnoxious challenges tied to unlocking stuff. Just my opinion though...with my Aspergers I seriously get suicidal knowing I can't unlock collectibles and music/sound test stuff. Never mind requiring the obnoxiously evil All Star mode for the Final Smash trophies ( it's just an annoying survival challenge now...ffs, at least turn off the stage hazards Sakurai x_x )

Please, competitive players don't touch 1P modes.
The challenges are obnoxious for the sake of people who like a challenge
Even the harder difficulties are a different monster from competitive players altogether.
Aspergers does that to you huh?
Maybe that's why I'm never satisfied until I unlock everything in a game (I am on the Autism Spectrum myself smilie)
Couldn't let Lingering Will get off Scott-free in KHIIFM, needed that Gold Crown and the last Drive Gauge, and the Secret Ending (which needed the Gold Crown)
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#11 Posted: 20:57:03 07/09/2016
Quote: Psychomancer
A Nightmare mode that doesn't require you to have tons of figures would be brilliant. Kaos in Trap team was ridiculous.

Not to brag but I only lost 2 skylanders
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me