darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Was there ever a fix for the Collection Accolades bug/glitch?
Page 1 of 1
Was there ever a fix for the Collection Accolades bug/glitch?
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#1 Posted: 00:23:57 31/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Years late, I know, but I thought I'd ask, on the off-chance people stopped by the Swap Force forum for nostalgia sake.

I've got the WiiU version, and recently noticed that under the "Portal Master" line of the menu, the Collection Accolades section was reading 0/94, where I used to have the majority of them. This had dropped my Portal Rank from mid-40s-to-low-50s (can't recall exactly) down to 41. All other accolade sections were where they should be, as far as I could tell.

As with all other instances of the glitch I've read about online, the game still registers all of the skylanders in my collection. It just stopped counting any of them toward the Collection Accolades. Those accolades are now all un-starred despite the fact that my collection shows 10 or more in each element.

The only thing that I can think may have triggered the glitch, based on everything that'd been said about the problem online, was that I finally got all of the swappables, and finished filling out the 16x16 grid. I honestly don't recall doing anything else specifically. I recently got Tower of Time, and found the "get left behind" glitch there, but it really doesn't seem the two would be related.

I've noticed that it affects all 3 savegames. I'm not sure, but I assume, that it's standard on the WiiU for all figure ownership information to be shared across all 3 savegames (at least, in Swap Force. I know it wasn't that way with earlier games). In the past, whenever I've added a figure to my collection, it has always automatically added to the other savegames. I'd be interested in testing out whether new figures being added would "start over" the accolade count, or if it just stays at 0/94, but I haven't got a completely new character to test it out on. If doing so were to "reboot" the accolade counter and give me the credit back for all of them, it'd be well worth a stop at Gamestop and the purchase of the cheapest green-bottom I don't already have. If that's worked for any of you, after facing the glitch, please let me know!

I do have a second WiiU profile set up, and when I open the game through that second profile, it is a totally separate save. All three savegames on that profile show the same character collection accolades, but I haven't filled out the swappables checklist in that one. I haven't really played much on that profile at all, which is why I'd really prefer not to have to delete everything on the first profile and start over if I don't have to.

I've tried going into my second profile, "taking ownership" of one of the figures, and then re-taking ownership in my main profile to see if that would do anything. It didn't. Somewhere online said beating a level sometimes fixed the issue. I tried that as well, no luck.

If there was a patch that ActiVision/Nintendo put out that I haven't found, I'd appreciate being directed to it, but because I'm guessing there wasn't, if there anyone knows of any workarounds to get the accolades to magically reappear, I'd be just as grateful.

Thanks for taking a moment to humor a behind-the-times noob.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#2 Posted: 00:55:18 06/09/2016
New figures do start over the accolade account, I suffered this glitch too.
I highly doubt it has anything to do with filling out the Swap chart, since filling out the chart is an accolade itself.
There are no patches or anything, sorry. I was forced to clear my save data in system settings to fix it. So I recommend you do that too.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
pjc613 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1067
#3 Posted: 14:45:45 06/09/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, that was what I figured/feared when even the mighty google didn't have anything for me. Ah well. It appears that you can get up to level 80 without the collection accolades, it just means a bit more grinding. I'll probably just do that, and then either wipe the save file or just start playing the other WiiU profile. I went into that one and they all loaded up just fine there.

Thank you for the response, especially since most of the folks here have moved on to bigger and better things.
#4 Posted: 16:53:36 06/09/2016
No problem. I've been replaying Swap Force lately because I'm trying to get all the games 100% before Imaginators, so I reset it since I care about doing EVERYTHING.
---
#5 Posted: 11:04:11 07/09/2016
Yeah, it triggers when you switch to Gamepad display on the main menu in between when Eon is summoned and Rampant Ruins.
---
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#6 Posted: 19:37:32 06/10/2016
I had to restart my 100% save file because this annoyed me so much :/
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me