Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Love and Relationships
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12141
#1 Posted: 04:27:21 28/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Just a general thread for the topic, because I guess recently it's been bothering me a little. Extremely teenager-ish of me, I know.
Brag about your lawyer boyfriend of 5 years with an 8-pack; talk about how you hate love and how it's just chemicals in your brain. I don't care. Just keep it SFW, sex is still an inappropriate topic here regardless of whether or not you associate it with love.

some discussion ideas:
  • What do you look for in a partner?
  • Has observing other people's relationships affected your view of them?
  • Do you believe in soulmates?
  • If your partner got into a fight with Optimus Prime, what would you do? The answer is that you would do anything for Optimus Prime.
  • Your opinion on open relationships and polygamy.
  • Can long distance relationships work?
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#2 Posted: 05:33:25 28/08/2016
Well, I'll throw in my two cents. If you do something that screws up the odds of someone liking you, at least admit it to yourself. Maybe you don't feel comfortable admitting it to them because they're a useless waste of atoms who decided to date the guy they knew you have hated since 6th grade but telling yourself you messed up is the best way to avoid feeling like a total jerk.

See, I admitted to myself that I messed up but do I care to tell him? Nope. He can rot in the deepest pits of Valhalla if he wants, he's not getting an apology from me. Besides, I'm not the only one to blame for what happened between us so why should I be the only one who hates feeling like this? He deserves to feel how I feel.

Also, sidenote that's partially unrelated; Just because it's your first relationship with someone, doesn't mean it'll last forever. You don't have to constantly be telling each other you love each other because A. It's only cute the first few times, B. You start to look like you're grasping for attention, C. It gets really annoying (We get it. You're dating.), and D. If you really love each other you shouldn't have to tell each other constantly; You should just know it.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 06:14:47 28/08/2016
What do you look for in a partner?
I look for someone with patience, mainly, because I have a temper. I need someone who can tell me when I should step back and calm down. They also need to play video games. Mainly because playing video games with your partner is a really good bonding experience. I also look for someone who is nice with a good sense of humor.

Has observing other people's relationships affected your view of them?

Sort of. If you consider criticizing media as a view on love. The media obviously has a really unrealistic perception on love. "At a very young age you're going to meet the man of your dreams and then you're going to be happily ever after." Of course, it doesn't work like that.

Do you believe in soulmates?
I believe in people being really compatible for each other. Realistically, there are too many people on this earth for you to have one perfect person for you. I've heard, though I can't give you exact numbers, that because of Earth's huge population there are...7 soulmates for you.

If your partner got into a fight with Optimus Prime, what would you do? The answer is that you would do anything for Optimus Prime.
tru

Your opinion on open relationships and polygamy.

I do not believe in either of these. I'll address my feelings on them separately.

@Open Relationships-If I was in a committed relationship with someone (via marriage or just dating) and they asked if we could have an open relationship, I'd probably end it there. What that's saying to me is that you aren't satisfied with me, and want to cheat on me, but instead of doing it behind my back, you want to ask. It's sleazy and anyone who allows their spouse to do it..is, for lack of a better word, getting cucked.

@Polyamory. It doesn't work, and it never will. Mainly, humans are naturally jealous creatures. No matter how many times your group claims to be happy, there will always be one that is jealous of the other.

Can long distance relationships work?
Yes, I've been in one for a little over 2 years, and we've actually met IRL and everything. I don't see how older people can say that long distance can't work. Especially with all the ways we can communicate with each other nowadays. If you don't trust my case, take Steven Page and Riana Dorsey for example, they've been in a relationship, that started online, for about 10 years. They own frickin' house now. You cannot tell me that long distance doesn't work, I am, and I know living proof that it does.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:15:21 28/08/2016 by parisruelz12
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#4 Posted: 07:20:39 28/08/2016
DragonCamo. I'm not going to risk saying anything here that he might take wrong. The answer is simply DragonCamo as he is about everything I could ask for.

Had observing people's realtionships affected your view of them?
uhhh, maybe? I don't actively know, but it is highly likely it has on some subconscious level.

I mean, I do believe people can be perfectly compatible and that they go good together, but that doesn't mean that someone out there is "the one" waiting for you to find them. Even then, relationships take work, they can't just be a matter of two people being good together and being able to make it work. **** will happen and they'll have to work through it.

If your partner got into a fight with Optimus Prime, what would you do? The answer is that you would do anything for Optimus Prime.
Uhhh... Well I mean, I'd kinda rather side with DragonCamo. If it was Soundwave-senpai, now that'd be a different story.

Open relationships aren't really relationships, that's friends-with-benefits. Ultimately it'll never work as one of them will want to settle down and not just fool around. If someone can actually go a large majority of their lives doing something like that and not have their conscious get them at any point, they're likely a sleazy type that doesn't actually care about the relationship in the first place.

As for polygamy, I mean.... if you can actually make that somehow work and have everyone somehow be happy, and I mean more in a close-knit group other than random fooling around like an open relationship, then good for you I guess. It's likely not going to as people will end up with favorites and others will get jealous, but if it can somehow work out then kudos to you. I ain't gonna judge someone who's polygamous.

Well I've been in one for over 3 years now, I mean it sucks not having them there, and it isn't easy. You're committed, yet it still feels about as lonely as being single. However, if the people really care about each other, and are patient, they can make it work.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#5 Posted: 07:43:40 28/08/2016

nothig in particular, just a dude whose cool in my eyes

sort of, i guess, depends

nah, love is something that u gotta work for friendo, even if youre super compatible

yeah

open relationships arent really for me, preferably not for who im dating either but if someone can make it sure

yeah polygamy can work imo, as long as yall are puttin an effort in to it i dont see why it couldnt be

they can
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#6 Posted: 17:30:20 28/08/2016
usually i like someone who makes me happy and can make me laugh, but also someone whos compatible with me sexually. i also like when theyre moderately attractive (im kinda shallow tbh :/ ) and can comfort me when im feeling down
abso****inglutely
i had someone in my life who i used to consider one of my closest friends, but once i saw how badly they treated their fiancee who was really strugglisng to make ends meet, i felt really bad for him
eventually they cheated on him and if u know me even a little bit you know how i cant stand people who cheat, so when they asked me if i would still be their friend after all the **** they did to their poor fiancee, i said no and i havent talked to them for a very long time
i doubt it but hey its worth a shot to believe, right?
excuse u carm, my loyalty lies with the decepticons and glorious lord megatron, get your autobot filth out of here (except hot rod/rodimus prime, hes cool)
[User Posted Image]
they almost never work out because some party gets jealous, so i wouldnt recommend it
they can work for some people but for me, personally, none have lasted past 3 months
so i think yeah, for anyone who isnt me lmao
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#7 Posted: 09:53:48 30/08/2016
I'll add my thoughts a bit later. I don't think I've ever written a wall of text on relationships (except for one about friendzones).
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#8 Posted: 12:08:37 30/08/2016
- Has nearly zero judgment about what I like, my attitude, etc.
- Encourages my initiatives and working towards better life habits in general, without pushing too much or acting like my mom.
- Must be less introverted than me so she can help me get out of my shell.
- Must not be predictable, but not spontaneous either.

Yeah, it helped in knowing what I want and don't want in a relationship I guess.

Used to during my first relationship like nearly everyone, now I don't.

Pretty negative. Cheating is unacceptable to me, and I would never allow my partner or myself to start relationships with other people while we are together.

Depends... the one I had did not finish very well, but it can work for some people.
---
bye
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#9 Posted: 14:13:32 30/08/2016

I need someone who I'm content to just hang around with. I don't really want a romance-filled relationship 100% of the time. I also need someone who I can be 100% open with, and who will be 100% open with me. We'd need similar interests, but I'd like to be different as well, so we'd have things to discuss. In terms of looks, I overall don't care, because I know nobody is gonna like me for looks.

Yes, a lot actually. I've seen the best and the worst. I see what happens when a relationship goes bad, and when it doesn't.

Yeah, I do, I had a love interest a long time ago and I thought we were soul mates, but she changed, and it kinda fell apart.

I would claim Optimus' spark in the name of the Decepticons

Uh, let's not, thanks.

If you asked me this a few years ago I would have said no, but now? After seeing two of my best friends be in a very stable long distance relationship for over 3 years, then yeah, I for sure think they can work.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#10 Posted: 15:14:33 30/08/2016 | Topic Creator
You guys didn't have to respond to the bullet points since they were just ideas for discussion. It's fine though! Maybe I'll ask more questions since you guys seemed to like responding to them.

Quote: Seiki
Uhhh... Well I mean, I'd kinda rather side with DragonCamo. If it was Soundwave-senpai, now that'd be a different story.

Quote: StriderSwag
excuse u carm, my loyalty lies with the decepticons and glorious lord megatron, get your autobot filth out of here (except hot rod/rodimus prime, hes cool)
[User Posted Image]

Quote: Sesshomaru75
your loyalty shall be well rewarded ;)

Quote: kardonis
I would claim Optimus' spark in the name of the Decepticons

TRAITORS. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.
TaeKwonCrow Green Sparx Gems: 233
#11 Posted: 10:27:30 12/09/2016
The funniest thing is this is a SKYLANDER FORUM.
---
*looks up at icon*
GO HOME, BUCKSHOT, YOU'RE DRUNK
Samius Hunter Gems: 9252
#12 Posted: 11:18:42 12/09/2016
Quote: TaeKwonCrow

It's an off-topic board, so people can discuss whatever they want here.
#13 Posted: 18:29:41 12/09/2016 | Topic Creator

It's understandable you wouldn't be interested in talking about this topic since you're only 12. But just because people like Spyro and/or Skylanders doesn't make them incapable of talking about more mature subjects.
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#14 Posted: 01:44:53 13/09/2016
What do you look for in a partner?**

Someone I can carry on a normal conversation with, and is willing to accept or even join in with my hobbies and interestsm, and I would do the same for her. Looks would be nice but not required.

I really haven't thought about it.

To some degree, yes.

Not a Transformers fan, so sorry Optimus Prime.

100% against them.

I believe so.

Spyro and Skylanders.
---
Hahahahaha
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:46:40 13/09/2016 by GaiaMemories
Faust Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#15 Posted: 09:26:21 13/09/2016
I've never really thought about it. Definitely someone with a good sense of humor, though.

Not really.

No.

Personally, I wouldn't do it myself. I don't really see the point. If others want to do it, then go ahead. That's none of my business. People can do whatever they wish.

If it's a dead serious relationship then yes, it can work. As long as they are both devoted to each other and willing to make the commitment it should work out fine in the end.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:44:25 17/10/2016 by Faust
SoulFly Emerald Sparx Gems: 4660
#16 Posted: 21:07:49 13/09/2016
-'unno honestly. I suppose that a personality that finds me fun and i find fun would go far.

-Well it made me quite cynical and a angsty teenager.

-Sure, but you gotta work for getting a perfection. Sometimes way too much.

-Well, Optimus is bae

-Not qualified for answering to this

-Yes and no. I am quite physical and feelings of love tend to cause some needs for touching. As emasculating as this sounds, i am a big fan of cuddling. But yeah i'd say long distance wouldn't work for me.

Other notes
-I am least qualified for this topic, one relationship that dropped like a rock. I did enjoy the feeling while it lasted but i think i'd be happier not experiencing that. I did feel like complete garbo after meeting her after a month and hearing that she went back with her ex, not mentioning about it before.
-If you notice traces of salt, don't worry, i see it too.
---
Ligi
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#17 Posted: 16:27:30 16/09/2016
confidence and a good sense of humor, also i have a track record with scandinavians and that meme is not going to end anytime soon

not really? i dont believe theres just one single person you are meant to be with, there are many people out there that could be perfect for you

**** OPTIMUS

mixed feelings, an open relationship needs a lot of communication for it to work but it can work, polygamy im sure is very similar in that way
however im not prepared to go and find that out

if both people in it try hard for it to work it can work out well in the end
#18 Posted: 02:18:26 26/09/2016 | Topic Creator
i guess i'll answer my own questions

Trust, I suppose. Somebody I feel comfortable around.
It's hard for me to open up to people. I tend to become attracted to someone when I realize I'm not spilling my spaghetti around them. But I like it more when they tell me things that they haven't told other people — even if they're an open book.
also someone who will laugh at my poor attempts at humor
I learn from watching people around me, so yes.
just two things i can think of
- It would probably be better to have a partner with common interests besides sex or alcohol
- If you don't feel ready to do something, DON'T DO IT.
no. what kind of hopeless romantic do you think i am??
Strong chemistry and strong compatibility exist. But there's no person that was made just for you.
Seems like a dishonest breakup to me. I often see relationships where one partner indulges themselves in their multiple romantic/sexual partners, while the other just sits in the corner. It seems almost parasitic.
Sure! There have been many people who've found a partner through the internet. I would say long distance relationships have as much potential to crash and burn as any IRL relationship. It's all about the compatibility of the two people.
sapphire Emerald Sparx Gems: 4822
#19 Posted: 00:47:31 18/10/2016
I just want someone who contrasts me, or is like me... I do believe in soulmates. I just want honesty, and someone who is trustworthy. I don't do long distance anymore. But, yeah.
---
Trust your instincts. ~Caithe
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me