darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Air Strike Hinting at 7th Game's Gimmick?
Page 1 of 1
Air Strike Hinting at 7th Game's Gimmick?
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 11:39:11 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
It's probably way too early to be talking about the seventh game already but I'm bored so cut me some slack okay?

So for those who don't know, there's a theory that in each Skylanders game, there's a Skylander introduced that subtly hints at the theme of the next game. In Spyro's Adventure, it was Lightning Rod hinting at Giants because his species is a storm giant. In Giants, it was Eye-Brawl hinting at Swap Force because one of his attacks is to split apart and reattach. Then Trap Shadow because traps, Tread Head because vehicles, and now Splat because creativity. And while it's possible that these are mostly just coincidences, I like to think they're clever enough to pull this off.

So again, I know Imaginators isn't even out yet and that it's probably way too early for a topic like this, but I just thought I'd throw this out there. Looking at the line-up of Senseis, Air Strike has something that the other Senseis don't have: A companion. In the form of that falcon on his shoulder. This probably means he's actually two character combined into one, similarly to Fright Rider. And I have to wonder, since this makes him stand out from the rest of the Senseis, if he could be our next-game-hint-lander? ...I'll come up with a better title for them...

Could Skylanders 7 be about two characters at once using the power of teamwork, or could it be characters with pets, or am I just reading too deeply into this because I want the game to be available already? The third option's the most likely.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#2 Posted: 11:56:05 26/08/2016
I can physically feel the stretching going on this topic.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 12:03:19 26/08/2016
Ugh, I've never liked this theory. Sure, the allusions to Giants in SA were genuine, since both were made by TFB around the same time. But after that... Eh, I don't really believe it.

Still, a nice thought, and I appreciate the love for Air Strike <3
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#4 Posted: 12:12:56 26/08/2016
It's funny I had the exact same thing thought the other day. Plus I think these pets will all be quadrepeds. What you could do is buy an egg figure and it randomly hatches as a pet.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#5 Posted: 12:25:10 26/08/2016
Adam, I like ya, but this theory is a huge stretch. Especially with Splat and creativity. Maybe with SSA to Giants and maybe to SF but the rest are big stretches.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 12:29:10 26/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Eh... Yeah, like I said I'm just throwing this out there 'cause I got nothing better to do.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 20:30:53 26/08/2016
everyone is entitled to there opinions but yea, the entire "this character hinted at the next game" hold as much water as a sieve to me. its all just people making connections between things when no connection is present. but i will say, having pets would be kind of a cool idea. im not 100% on the egg and you get a random pet but maybe more of each "master" interacts differently with each pet. like lets say the pet is a bird, put a fire skylander on and it becomes a fire bird. then put a water skylander on and its a water bird now and they have different attacks/power-ups.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 22:45:21 26/08/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
everyone is entitled to there opinions but yea, the entire "this character hinted at the next game" hold as much water as a sieve to me. its all just people making connections between things when no connection is present. but i will say, having pets would be kind of a cool idea. im not 100% on the egg and you get a random pet but maybe more of each "master" interacts differently with each pet. like lets say the pet is a bird, put a fire skylander on and it becomes a fire bird. then put a water skylander on and its a water bird now and they have different attacks/power-ups.

that sounds pretty cool, actually...so if you have a wolf pet & put Flarewolf on the portal you'd technically have 2 Flarewolves lol Seriously though, I like the idea of having pets/familiars and the element of the Skylander on the portal determining the pet's element & powers. How would it work in co-op though?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 23:43:45 26/08/2016
I do believe that theory holds some truth, and we might know enough about the new characters to start guessing.

However, it's getting more and more difficult to understand which character gives away next year's gimmick, because Ginnicklanders themselves are becoming more and more similar to regular Cores (in terms of design and gameplay).

SuperChargers and Senseis only have dresses and garments in common, unlike the other three groups (size for Giants, basic body shape for Swappers and Traptanium weapons for Trap Masters) and are definitely unique when it comes to everything else.
Would be pretty difficult to tell three Senseis apart from Cores, if it weren't for the figures and the suits.

Air Strike could work because he stands out among all the other Senseis but Blaster Tron or Starcast could as well, by hinting at a space/futuristic setting or gimmick.
Hope you get what I mean; interesting idea nonetheless. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5794
#10 Posted: 00:03:08 27/08/2016
Skylanders Tamers anyone?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#11 Posted: 01:09:22 27/08/2016
Skylanders tamers sounds like a great game...raise a skylander and train it that would be cool
SoulfulWolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 5794
#12 Posted: 06:24:10 27/08/2016
To be fair I kind of stole it from Digimon [Season 3, otherwise known as the BEST season.]
#13 Posted: 07:50:13 27/08/2016
Quote: SoulfulWolf
To be fair I kind of stole it from Digimon [Season 3, otherwise known as the BEST season.]

only season of Digimon I was ever really able to get into was Data Squad ( I loved the character of Yoshino in particular... )
GhostGobbler Green Sparx Gems: 149
#14 Posted: 08:56:42 27/08/2016
I respect your theory, but unfortunately It doesn't sit well with me. Sorry, just sounds too much like a coincidence. We'll never know though.
---
Straight to the Point! ... Wreck and Roll? ... Bring the Boom!... BEHOLD MY CATCHPHRASE OF DOOOOOM!!!
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#15 Posted: 09:42:23 27/08/2016
I am right there with your theory, except for the Splat part. I think the hint was the customization choices for the vehicles hinting at the imaginators. That being said, Skylanders Beast Force could be fun. I say this every year, this is the last game for me as this is the gimmick that can't be topped, then it is. Remember too, hind sight is always 20/20 and we are looking back to find connections.
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#16 Posted: 10:32:01 27/08/2016
i never heard of this theory, but you might have a point. if you are right then i thikn i have an idea how it will be like: "skylanders beast tamers"
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#17 Posted: 13:41:40 27/08/2016
Well next year is VV's turn, and we know they are currently involved in a big Crash Bandicoot project. Chances are there won't be a new game next year - Activision may have looked at recent sales and might be backing off the yearly thing. VV could have multiple projects though. Being able to create a character does seem to be an "all in" feature though.

But it does seem VV and Tfb have a sort of competitive approach, instead of collaborative - given comments TfB has made in the past about not liking some of the features VV has added (notably, jumping) and things they removed. The two devs also seem to diminish the characters they did not create, that might be to emphasize new additions - only to have them re-powered up in the next game. I doubt very seriously they are intentionally previewing future games from the other dev house, it is just coincidence.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#18 Posted: 13:43:15 27/08/2016
Calling it right now, Beenox remaking Skylanders Spyro's Adventure for next-gen consoles.
#19 Posted: 20:52:17 27/08/2016
Quote: defpally
Well next year is VV's turn, and we know they are currently involved in a big Crash Bandicoot project. Chances are there won't be a new game next year - Activision may have looked at recent sales and might be backing off the yearly thing. VV could have multiple projects though. Being able to create a character does seem to be an "all in" feature though.

But it does seem VV and Tfb have a sort of competitive approach, instead of collaborative - given comments TfB has made in the past about not liking some of the features VV has added (notably, jumping) and things they removed. The two devs also seem to diminish the characters they did not create, that might be to emphasize new additions - only to have them re-powered up in the next game. I doubt very seriously they are intentionally previewing future games from the other dev house, it is just coincidence.

NO I would love a Skylanders 7 next year smilie
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#20 Posted: 21:06:21 27/08/2016
Quote: Snap Shot

I would be more worried about them getting all 5 waves out this year. Every year the interest drop off comes earlier and earlier. Last year they were cutting the price prior to Thanksgiving and Wave 3 actually came out about a month early trying to drum up Christmas sales. Some of it was due to the less interesting gimmick, but Starters weren't selling well either. If this game doesn't cause big waves, retailers are going to start to question why they are dedicating so much space to the TTL concept (like they did this year).
Psychomancer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#21 Posted: 22:02:21 27/08/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
Calling it right now, Beenox remaking Skylanders Spyro's Adventure for next-gen consoles.

I actually like this idea. Spyro's Adventure and Giants remade for new generation, with support to all figures. I would buy it. Change things a bit here and there, and make it about sending skylanders back in time to make sure that Kaos is defeated and the timeline restored or something (Spyro's Adventure did have a Scroll about portals masters sending his skylanders not only through space but through time as well).

It could even be some kind of expansion for Imaginators, requiring only an update and the purchase of a adventure piece for each remake/remaster sold separately (for about 40$ bucks, or even 60$)
---
Behold, my Catchphrase of Doom!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:39:44 27/08/2016 by Psychomancer
#22 Posted: 22:35:08 27/08/2016
Quote: defpally
Quote: Snap Shot

I would be more worried about them getting all 5 waves out this year. Every year the interest drop off comes earlier and earlier. Last year they were cutting the price prior to Thanksgiving and Wave 3 actually came out about a month early trying to drum up Christmas sales. Some of it was due to the less interesting gimmick, but Starters weren't selling well either. If this game doesn't cause big waves, retailers are going to start to question why they are dedicating so much space to the TTL concept (like they did this year).

It's hard to face the truth. I just get excited each year for a new game.
---
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#23 Posted: 22:55:48 27/08/2016
Skylanders Teamwork 2k17
---
i am trash
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#24 Posted: 23:32:16 27/08/2016
the new gimmick for the 7th game is pay more, there i said it...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#25 Posted: 00:06:23 28/08/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the new gimmick for the 7th game is pay more, there i said it...

It's like that every year but we still get sucked in.
---
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#26 Posted: 14:55:25 28/08/2016
Doesn't Fryno hint at vehicles a lot more than Tread Head, since he came out earlier?
#27 Posted: 19:09:30 28/08/2016
Quote: BoneGrunt
Doesn't Fryno hint at vehicles a lot more than Tread Head, since he came out earlier?

or even Hot Head, since he can turn into a motorcycle lol
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me