Page 1 of 1
*PSA: Tag your spoilers!!*
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#1 Posted: 23:40:49 21/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Now that we had the leak of Achievements, keep in mind most people will not check them to avoid spoilling themselves on levels and the upcoming twists. Tag the bits that spoil things that weren't revealed in press coverage with the red exclamation mark above your textbox.

You don't care about being spoiled? Too bad, it's in the rules to tag spoilers, even more before so before the release of the game. Release day doesn't mean you're free to do it either; a few months after the game is out at best for minor spoilers and several more months for major ones are recommended. With the saddening news that this game is short, not everyone is going to run to the store on release day; or are going to get it for Christmas/birthdays/whatever.

This is a reminder to respect your fellow users :3
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:41:58 21/08/2016 by Bifrost
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 23:44:58 21/08/2016
man just imagine how many uncovered leaks would be in general discussion right now if the spoiler tag thing didn't exist

hey see what I did there
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#3 Posted: 00:08:21 22/08/2016
*claps slowly*
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 08:49:30 24/08/2016
Happened again, especially with the young users not familiar with the forum itself.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#5 Posted: 10:40:26 24/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Now that we had the leak of Achievements, keep in mind most people will not check them to avoid spoilling themselves on levels and the upcoming twists. Tag the bits that spoil things that weren't revealed in press coverage with the red exclamation mark above your textbox.

You don't care about being spoiled? Too bad, it's in the rules to tag spoilers, even more before so before the release of the game. Release day doesn't mean you're free to do it either; a few months after the game is out at best for minor spoilers and several more months for major ones are recommended. With the saddening news that this game is short, not everyone is going to run to the store on release day; or are going to get it for Christmas/birthdays/whatever.

This is a reminder to respect your fellow users :3

If the game is short, it means it can be finished more quickly. Therefore, spoilers tags should go down SOONER rather than later.
If takes half as long to finish, then by all logic, it should take half as long before spoilers are ok. Seeing as the normal etiquette is 2-3 months, we therefore should consider it to take half as long before everyone's done it already.
The games can already be finished in 48 hours. There are people who ought to be able to finish it day one.
4 to six weeks, tops.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#6 Posted: 12:38:25 24/08/2016
Juarmo...
The point is that people don't like being spoiled, regardless of how long the game is.
What about people who are waiting until later to get the game, like for Christmas or at a sale? What if they stumble across something they didn't want to see because it now ruins the experience for them?

And also, tagging spoilers is still a rule on these forums. I'm all for breaking the rules every now and then, but some rules are more important than others.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#7 Posted: 13:08:48 24/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Juarmo...
The point is that people don't like being spoiled, regardless of how long the game is.
What about people who are waiting until later to get the game, like for Christmas or at a sale? What if they stumble across something they didn't want to see because it now ruins the experience for them?

And also, tagging spoilers is still a rule on these forums. I'm all for breaking the rules every now and then, but some rules are more important than others.

By that logic, we should still be spoiling the name of Ultimate Weapon because all of 3 people on this forum haven't finished Trap Team yet.
Or that the Darkness is the true final boss of Superchargers.
And the mods should moderate our posts if we don't.

Point is, there's a grace period.
Grace periods come to an end after a set amount of time.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 13:45:20 24/08/2016
I see your point...
But that grace period isn't now.
And it's not going to be a couple weeks after the game comes out either.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:45:32 24/08/2016 by AdamGregory03
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 13:54:13 24/08/2016
Yeah, what Adam said... WHY THE **** ARE YOU ARGUING AGAIN!? THE GAME ISNT OUT YET DONT BE A DICK AND SPOIL THE GAME!
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#10 Posted: 14:59:21 24/08/2016
Quote: juarmo
Quote: AdamGregory03
Juarmo...

By that logic, we should still be spoiling the name of Ultimate Weapon because all of 3 people on this forum haven't finished Trap Team yet.
Or that the Darkness is the true final boss of Superchargers.
And the mods should moderate our posts if we don't.

Point is, there's a grace period.
Grace periods come to an end after a set amount of time.

Well I never open the game until christmas, so I should get spoiled before then because you decided a couple weeks was enough to post spoilers?
---
Dead
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#11 Posted: 17:11:23 24/08/2016
Ugh this again. I don't get that people go to a forum and expect to not see spoilers. I didn't want to know what happened in The Force Awakens so I avoided all major sites to avoid spoilers until I saw the movie. I didn't expect people to use spoiler tags and disclaimers to have a discussion. It's my responsibility to avoid spoilers. That being said I know not everyone agrees with this view point. If those that don't mind want to use them for others, kudos, I think it's hassle. I think what we did last year for Super Chargers worked out pretty well with a **Spoilers** and **Non-Spoilers** discussion thread. It gave people the option upfront before they even entered the topic. Plus as a side note, can anyone name a single event in any Skylanders game that would be worthy of a true plot twist that could be spoiled? This franchise is super safe and doesn't exactly take risks with it's story or characters. I mean hell Kaos is a free figure at launch as a pre-order bonus...oops Spoiled...lol. I forgot to add in the case of Imaginators everything we know is common knowledge. It's not like someone has an advance copy of the game and is leaking plot and story elements online. We are only discussion what has been released by official channels and is public knowledge.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:28 24/08/2016 by Tigorus
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#12 Posted: 17:29:26 24/08/2016
It is typically courteous to avoid posting significant story revelations without "spoiler" tags while the game is still relatively new. If in doubt, use the spoiler tags.

Now, on the other hand, if you are one that wants the story completely unspoiled, for an extended period, that also involves an amount of personal effort to avoid thread with story related titles. Because expecting super levels of spoiler awareness conversation about a game that been out for 3 months because it is a Christmas gift is sort of ridiculous. Take some effort on your own to not put yourself in the position to be spoiled.

Some people are going to be upset regardless. I once had someone freak out when I was recently talking about the story in Gears of War, despite the fact that the game has been out nearly ten years. Even if you wait until next year to talk about any story, you would still have some people get upset. I think as long as people follow reasonable precautions early on it will be fine.
#13 Posted: 17:36:20 24/08/2016 | Topic Creator
It's not just courteous, it's a rule here.
But yeah, the thing is, you do put an effort in avoiding them as well if you want to go in blind, but you shouldn't be expected to do that months before the game is even out. After that, you might want to check a thread or two for recommendations, not run into major story stuff - it's also why we have a dedicated Spoiler Thread which is entirely your fault if you enter and read. Elsewhere though, if it's a rule, the mods have to enforce it or it becomes a mess.

I think super old games getting spoiled are not something getting mad over, though if I do discuss them I'll probably at least tiptoe around major spoilers out of respect if they're not the subject, or at least give a heads up at the start of the post tags or not. There ARE some spoilers that make the story good, like say the killer in Persona 4 or everything in Nier, so you're just being a nice person giving a warning years after the fact.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:48 24/08/2016 by Bifrost
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 23:45:11 24/08/2016
This game will cost lots of money, especially if you try and get all of the creation crystals.

Wait, that's common knowledge isn't it? Maybe not, better put on a cover just in case.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:40 24/08/2016 by TakeYourLemons
#15 Posted: 02:44:56 25/08/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
This game will cost lots of money, especially if you try and get all of the creation crystals.

Wait, that's common knowledge isn't it? Maybe not, better put on a cover just in case.

I'm just still dumbfounded people consider Skylanders to have good storytelling. I mean I guess there are some thing people would want to find out while playing and stuff, but it really isn't much more than your average afternoon cartoon stuff. I like the game and all, but most of it is pretty cringe inducing. Best feature they ever added was the ability to skip cutscenes. I'm not sure how many variations of "oh we have to go get such and such MacGuffin to do something or other", while Kaos acts like a (albeit funny) buffoon constitutes a plot.
#16 Posted: 08:34:34 25/08/2016 | Topic Creator
That's your opinion and not a fact, fortunately. Doesn't matter if kids' game, simple, who cares, etc, you spoiler it all the sa.e.
---
#17 Posted: 12:54:34 25/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
That's your opinion and not a fact, fortunately. Doesn't matter if kids' game, simple, who cares, etc, you spoiler it all the sa.e.

Discussing whether a story is good or not is pretty much always an opinion. And I was pretty clear on my point of view on not spoiling it anyways.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me