Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > what a great way to sell your movie
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
what a great way to sell your movie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#51 Posted: 06:53:13 05/08/2016
Oh boy that pun.
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#52 Posted: 11:48:52 05/08/2016
Quote: CAV
To those of you saying Sausage Party will be garbage.

It's bound to go down when more reviews come out but that bodes very well so far.

Quote: parisruelz12
Nate Hopper worked on Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, but he didn't work on the Lion King..That goes to Rob Minkoff who is just a producer for this movie.

So nobody in any creative capacity? That's a shame.

I haven't seen Cloudy yet but if I recall correctly some of the guys behind that did The Lego Movie, so I have high expectations.

Cloudy and Lego Movie have the same director
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#53 Posted: 12:17:45 05/08/2016
Quote: Wreckingball13
To those of you saying Sausage Party will be garbage.

It's bound to go down when more reviews come out but that bodes very well so far.

Nate Hopper worked on Cloudy With a Chance Of Meatballs, but he didn't work on the Lion King..That goes to Rob Minkoff who is just a producer for this movie.

So nobody in any creative capacity? That's a shame.

I haven't seen Cloudy yet but if I recall correctly some of the guys behind that did The Lego Movie, so I have high expectations.

Cloudy and Lego Movie have the same director

Seriously???? Cause Cloudy honestly wasn't that good.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#54 Posted: 16:48:30 05/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
I know you're just joking, but the average rating is much more meaningful than the Tomatometer score, and that sits at a mediocre 6.5 right now.

I really wnated it to be good and maybe the jokes will be better than they seem with good timing, but there's so much "just why".

I'm only half joking, since many movies tend to have averages that rank around there even despite overall being positive (since those few negative reviews will weigh it down).

For example, Secret Life of Pets, Star Trek Beyond, and Keanu. Out of all the Certified Fresh listings currently around from this season, the only ones I could find that rank above a 7 average are Civil War, Finding Dory, and The Little Prince.

While the average can be a good indicator of overall quality despite a possibly inflated tomatometer, it can also be pretty poor since critics are naturally more inclined to be more harsh to summer blockbusters and animated films that aren't branded by Pixar or Disney. You're not often going to see an average at an 8 or above unless it's some indie film or something that appeals directly to those critics (like Birdman).

I expected it to land somewhere in the 50s once all is said and done but even if it's only eight reviews that's a pretty good start, and raises my expectations a bit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:51:35 05/08/2016 by CAV
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#55 Posted: 17:00:01 05/08/2016
tfw sausage party will end up better than suicide squad
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#56 Posted: 17:10:53 05/08/2016
Quote: LevanJess
Quote: Crash10
Not just her, but the human guy is also a pretty generic teenager character. At least she had something with her curious nature at the start. The plot also turns into a pretty predictable "love stort about different types of beings, father protects her from everything and so on". I think that it has bigger chances with me now that it will become a TV series, which I think works better for this and let the crew explore more of the basic concept of hotel for monsters, which in my opinion has great potential.

Oh yeah, completely agreed. The human guy was definitely pretty annoying most of the time and very generic and flat... I wonder if they changed that and developed him a bit more in the second one. But I didn't know a TV series for it is coming out, that's pretty cool actually! I might check it out because I love the "hotel for monsters" concept too.

Yup, it will release on Fall 2017 on Disney Channel (???). There's also a third movie coming in 2018.
---
Bruh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#57 Posted: 21:40:05 05/08/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaro
[img]https://teaser-trailer.com/wp-content/uploads/Blazing-Samurai-Sales-Teaser-Poster.jpg[img]

isnt that the dog from secret life of pets

That honestly looks like a much better poster than the one in the OP.

yeah but i bet you dollars to donuts they go with the cat's ass for the actual movie posters for when it comes to theatres
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#58 Posted: 00:14:25 06/08/2016
If I was making a arthouse movie, I would deliberately market it as a low brow comedy to make profit off the those gullible Adam Sandler fans with a poster and clips of a man in an old dress without showing all the freaky stuff that happens.

What to make people expect...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

... and what they will actually see...

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#59 Posted: 01:31:50 06/08/2016
Quote:
From GFM Films, Open Road Films and some cats who brought you
Blazing Saddles, The Lion King, & Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

But who? Not the director or writer that's for sure.

Reminds me of the movie that was "From the producers who saw Shrek".

[User Posted Image]
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#60 Posted: 04:14:31 06/08/2016

god damn i just realized this probably legitimately turns someone on
#61 Posted: 04:27:13 06/08/2016 | Topic Creator
OH MY GOD THERES A ****ING ZOOM IN ON HIS ASS AND IT'S OFFICIAL

[User Posted Image]
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 8459
#62 Posted: 04:49:07 06/08/2016
smilie
click the happy face
#63 Posted: 22:30:09 02/07/2019 | Topic Creator
I don't mean to be beat a dead horse but after I watched this, I had to come back here and post it.

This movie was a cluster**** from the start.

---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me