Forum

Poll

Favourite Year of the Dragon boss?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > DSi and Wii Shop to shut down next year
Page 1 of 1
DSi and Wii Shop to shut down next year
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2758
#1 Posted: 14:15:18 01/08/2016 | Topic Creator
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsn...-change-on-9-30

So what're the best games from them? Because all I have from them is Mario VS DK, Rayman, Shantae and a couple of nostalgic shovelware things. (And Flipnote on my old DSi, but not my 3DS.)
---
Quote: ThefirstNapkin
You'll always be the OG Jojo fan here
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#2 Posted: 16:50:10 01/08/2016
I think we can all agree SMG 1 and 2 are THE BEST Wii games ever.

DS is kind of debatable. Bowser's Inside Story will always be a personal favorite in my heart. Starforce was also amazing but that's a pretty unpopular opinion.
---
My life is complete.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3121
#3 Posted: 18:37:34 01/08/2016
Drawdler is talking about the digital games actually.

I never played any digital ones. Just physical ones. Since my DSi and Wii use pirate games (don't look at me), I think that I can find the digital games somewhere.

Maybe a personal recommendation would be that extra stage for Punch-Out!!! that you fight Little Mac's trainer (don't remember of the name). This is nice for those who like Punch-Out!!! for Wii.
---
Play time's over!
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3517
#4 Posted: 20:29:26 01/08/2016
in that case... I really don't know.

* zooms out of topic *
---
My life is complete.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 5950
#5 Posted: 21:31:00 01/08/2016
Could never use the Wii online shop because I don't know the password and I'm not sure if it uses wi-fi or if it's ethernet-only.
---
I'm that one person who loves a particularly underappreciated minor character in a terrible anime no one remembers.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3121
#6 Posted: 22:23:15 01/08/2016
Quote: StevemacQ
Could never use the Wii online shop because I don't know the password and I'm not sure if it uses wi-fi or if it's ethernet-only.

You can use booth to connect the console to the internet. And this includes using the Shop Channel.
---
Play time's over!
Shin Majin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1145
#7 Posted: 13:32:07 02/08/2016
Ah...Mega Man 9 and 10? Gotta figure out how to download them before then.
---
Team quadruped.
Joseph > Jotaro
gillgrunt987 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4773
#8 Posted: 17:14:16 02/08/2016
The Bit Trip series is quite fun for the Wii side of things. Not sure about the DS shop as I only got LoZ Four Swords Adventures from it however.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
ThroneOfMalefor Emerald Sparx Gems: 4076
#9 Posted: 04:10:20 06/08/2016
Mighty Flip Champs and Mighty Milky Way.
---
i'm happy, you not
it's just perspective
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 16:39:50 28/08/2016
OP - what are you talking about?

The link you gave makes *no* mention of the Wii Shop being shut down, and I don't recall reading such a thing anywhere?
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3150
#11 Posted: 22:58:39 05/09/2016
Wii Shop getting taken down would be a pretty huge deal. I hope that's not happening.

DSiWare is less of a big deal, but I'd still hate to lose Wayforward's games (Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Mighty Flip Champs, and Mighty Milky Way). I hope they've been re-released elsewhere.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
TacoMakerSkys Emerald Sparx Gems: 4731
#12 Posted: 03:49:52 06/09/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Wii Shop getting taken down would be a pretty huge deal. I hope that's not happening.

DSiWare is less of a big deal, but I'd still hate to lose Wayforward's games (Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Mighty Flip Champs, and Mighty Milky Way). I hope they've been re-released elsewhere.

What do you mean a big deal? It's kind of a waste of bandwidth to be running the shop for a dead console that's going to have it's successor joining it soon....
---
lmao just close your eyes
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5861
#13 Posted: 04:07:01 06/09/2016
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

What do you mean a big deal? It's kind of a waste of bandwidth to be running the shop for a dead console that's going to have it's successor joining it soon....

He means it's a big deal for the people that still own a Wii and have no intention (or money) of buying the Wii U and/or NX.
Obviously it is a waste of bandwidth, but I understand what he means.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:54 06/09/2016 by Sesshomaru75
Muffin Man Emerald Sparx Gems: 3150
#14 Posted: 06:11:38 06/09/2016
It's a big deal because there are lots of Wii virtual console games that Nintendo has yet to port forward to the Wii U virtual console. The Wii virtual console is also still accessible via Wii U, so it's not like it's tied solely to the Wii.
---
whoever reads this shall succumb to the ways of the Muffin
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5861
#15 Posted: 06:25:33 06/09/2016
It's a big deal because there are lots of Wii virtual console games that Nintendo has yet to port forward to the Wii U virtual console. The Wii virtual console is also still accessible via Wii U, so it's not like it's tied solely to the Wii.

That too.
---
A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me