Poll

Got Reignited?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Official Headcanon Topic
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2307
#551 Posted: 14:03:54 24/08/2017 | Topic Creator
Drobot loves all video games. With his super-intelligence, he knows everything about every single one.
---
christmas is non-negotiable
Slvr Red Sparx Gems: 87
#552 Posted: 18:41:15 30/08/2017
Just a forewarning... I am very, very, VERY long-winded and since I'm a total nerd, I'm just going to dump all of my 'headcanons' for Skylanders here...

First and foremost, I find it difficult to exactly put into a story how Portal Masters really fit into the game. My current take on the way Portal Masters themselves interact with Skylanders is that there are infinite realities of Skylands, and that is why there are so many different Skylander figures. While many 'Portal Masters' play their consoles and handhelds and play the part of Portal Master, Grandmaster Eon specifically calls on those he thinks can handle being actual Portal Masters (for my own ease, my stories all take place in just one reality, and so the same Grandmaster Eon calling Portal Masters to the same Skylands - different Eons from different realities of Skylands likely decide on different Portal Masters, is how I explain that away). Since Portal Masters cannot use portals themselves, Grandmaster Eon uses ancient knowledge of his own to transport Portal Masters from Earth to Skylands. In my imagination, as well, Skylands moves 1/5th faster than the speed of Earth's time... meaning that Skylands, if we were to think of it as a planet, is 22,715,000,000 or 22.715 billion years old, and an hour in Skylands is 12 minutes on Earth.

Furthermore, I imagine that Skylands itself is a "planet" of sorts in that it has a massive, spherical, incredibly intense magical core. Despite the amount of time Skylands has existed, due to its enormous size and vast number of different species, regions, etc, it has yet to be fully mapped. After all, how could such a large world be mapped anyway? Of the regions that are mapped, however, they are referred to as Central Skylands, Northern Central Skylands, Southern Central Skylands, the Outlands/Badlands, Cloudcracker Islands, and a few other nameless areas. Most islands in Skylands float well above this mystical and powerful Core. Those that dip too low are known to eventually be destroyed due to the potent magic. The sphere produces such an aura that islands are pushed upward but creates enough gravity that smaller islands are generally destroyed whereas larger islands tend to exist much longer... however, it isn't rare for large islands to eventually break apart over time - hence the disintegration of the Elven Kingdom's massive landmass that it once took up, which now lies fractured in roughly 30+ pieces.

I also imagine that Skylands was created by the Ancient Elementals as well as the Ancients. Ancient Elementals were the creators or fathers of their elements, and embodied them in both spirit and body. They were nameless and so when taking part in creating Skylands, they took 'names' that, at the time, were words from obscure and long-lost languages to mean what they felt they embodied. I.e., Fire chose the name Fire as it came from the word Fierr, his species' noun for heat. I began to write a sort of document on the 'mythology' of Skylands, so to speak, and it was essentially that Magic came first. She lived on a planet not unlike Earth, but it was dying due to the fading of a star. Her species in particular were able to travel in space and survive extended periods of time in extreme temperatures, cold especially. She was among the last of her species to flee her planet, but when she did, she came across other Ancient Elementals, and over time, the original eight friends grew to resent the worlds that surrounded them. They dreamed for centuries of a world devoid of the ailing and problems the worlds around them handled.

When Magic's days begin to draw to an end, Tech, Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Life, and Undead joined together with her remaining strength to bring their vision of a new world to reality. By combining their powers and abilities, the 8 Ancient Elementals were able to pull off the gargantuan task - however, it was not without consequence. The strength, power, and magic required to perform the actions they did ended not just Magic's life, but all of the Ancient Elementals. Yet, for their sacrifice and their will to bring forth this young and enormous special planet, in the Next Life, they were gifted with the ability to still oversee their newly created world. And to guide the world in their place, the Ancient Elementals, now Spirits at best, created the Ancients themselves, which includes characters such as the Brain among others. These Ancients sculpted Skylands as we know it, and honed the elemental energies the Ancient Elementals provided to create the vast array of species Skylands knows - golding, gremlins, trolls, elves and drow, glacies (my personal name for the species of Chill's people), frost elves, dragons, phoenixes, so on and so forth. From these ancient ancestors, millions of billions of subspecies and variants formed.

As far as the characters themselves go, I imagine the Giants, having existed over 10 thousand years ago, have some lasting psychological impacts from having been lost across Earth for so long (I also imagine they went so long unnoticed because there are far fewer Giants than regular Skylanders). Ninjini, especially, having been trapped in a bottle and then in a plastic prison on Earth, is avoidant of small spaces other than the bottle she totes around as a symbol of her victory. I also imagine she's rather nasty and puts up walls between herself and others out of fear, despite the fact that she is a Giant and one of the most powerful at that. I also imagine that Tree Rex is slowly dying, and he knows it. After all, the oily mixes and wastes from a factory may have gifted him with life, it also damaged him as well, and he clings to his woodpecker buddy for that reason. If I get completely honest, I was thinking that Gnarly Tree Rex would be what he appears to be when the effects begin to worsen - the bark darkening, his green fading to a deeper, sickly blue...

...And there are more but I think the character limit will bite me soon. smilie
EDIT: 10/10 would break chat again
---
Current Figure Total: 403
Newest Figure: Employee Edition Prism Break
Level Average of All Figures: 12.6
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:42:54 01/09/2017 by Slvr
alicecarp Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9482
#553 Posted: 08:32:22 02/09/2017
If a creation crystal gets reset or destroyed, anyone in Skylands who has met or interacted with that imaginator will lose all their memories of them.

If an imaginator was made to look like an already existing character (whether they're from the Skylanders universe or not), they'll think they really are that character just like how toys from Toy Story think they are real.
---
A wise dragon once told me; Aim high in life and watch out for flying boxes.
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2093
#554 Posted: 21:13:47 02/09/2017
Quote: Slvr
Just a forewarning... I am very, very, VERY long-winded and since I'm a total nerd, I'm just going to dump all of my 'headcanons' for Skylanders here...

First and foremost, I find it difficult to exactly put into a story how Portal Masters really fit into the game. My current take on the way Portal Masters themselves interact with Skylanders is that there are infinite realities of Skylands, and that is why there are so many different Skylander figures. While many 'Portal Masters' play their consoles and handhelds and play the part of Portal Master, Grandmaster Eon specifically calls on those he thinks can handle being actual Portal Masters (for my own ease, my stories all take place in just one reality, and so the same Grandmaster Eon calling Portal Masters to the same Skylands - different Eons from different realities of Skylands likely decide on different Portal Masters, is how I explain that away). Since Portal Masters cannot use portals themselves, Grandmaster Eon uses ancient knowledge of his own to transport Portal Masters from Earth to Skylands. In my imagination, as well, Skylands moves 1/5th faster than the speed of Earth's time... meaning that Skylands, if we were to think of it as a planet, is 22,715,000,000 or 22.715 billion years old, and an hour in Skylands is 12 minutes on Earth.

Furthermore, I imagine that Skylands itself is a "planet" of sorts in that it has a massive, spherical, incredibly intense magical core. Despite the amount of time Skylands has existed, due to its enormous size and vast number of different species, regions, etc, it has yet to be fully mapped. After all, how could such a large world be mapped anyway? Of the regions that are mapped, however, they are referred to as Central Skylands, Northern Central Skylands, Southern Central Skylands, the Outlands/Badlands, Cloudcracker Islands, and a few other nameless areas. Most islands in Skylands float well above this mystical and powerful Core. Those that dip too low are known to eventually be destroyed due to the potent magic. The sphere produces such an aura that islands are pushed upward but creates enough gravity that smaller islands are generally destroyed whereas larger islands tend to exist much longer... however, it isn't rare for large islands to eventually break apart over time - hence the disintegration of the Elven Kingdom's massive landmass that it once took up, which now lies fractured in roughly 30+ pieces.

I also imagine that Skylands was created by the Ancient Elementals as well as the Ancients. Ancient Elementals were the creators or fathers of their elements, and embodied them in both spirit and body. They were nameless and so when taking part in creating Skylands, they took 'names' that, at the time, were words from obscure and long-lost languages to mean what they felt they embodied. I.e., Fire chose the name Fire as it came from the word Fierr, his species' noun for heat. I began to write a sort of document on the 'mythology' of Skylands, so to speak, and it was essentially that Magic came first. She lived on a planet not unlike Earth, but it was dying due to the fading of a star. Her species in particular were able to travel in space and survive extended periods of time in extreme temperatures, cold especially. She was among the last of her species to flee her planet, but when she did, she came across other Ancient Elementals, and over time, the original eight friends grew to resent the worlds that surrounded them. They dreamed for centuries of a world devoid of the ailing and problems the worlds around them handled.

When Magic's days begin to draw to an end, Tech, Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Life, and Undead joined together with her remaining strength to bring their vision of a new world to reality. By combining their powers and abilities, the 8 Ancient Elementals were able to pull off the gargantuan task - however, it was not without consequence. The strength, power, and magic required to perform the actions they did ended not just Magic's life, but all of the Ancient Elementals. Yet, for their sacrifice and their will to bring forth this young and enormous special planet, in the Next Life, they were gifted with the ability to still oversee their newly created world. And to guide the world in their place, the Ancient Elementals, now Spirits at best, created the Ancients themselves, which includes characters such as the Brain among others. These Ancients sculpted Skylands as we know it, and honed the elemental energies the Ancient Elementals provided to create the vast array of species Skylands knows - golding, gremlins, trolls, elves and drow, glacies (my personal name for the species of Chill's people), frost elves, dragons, phoenixes, so on and so forth. From these ancient ancestors, millions of billions of subspecies and variants formed.

As far as the characters themselves go, I imagine the Giants, having existed over 10 thousand years ago, have some lasting psychological impacts from having been lost across Earth for so long (I also imagine they went so long unnoticed because there are far fewer Giants than regular Skylanders). Ninjini, especially, having been trapped in a bottle and then in a plastic prison on Earth, is avoidant of small spaces other than the bottle she totes around as a symbol of her victory. I also imagine she's rather nasty and puts up walls between herself and others out of fear, despite the fact that she is a Giant and one of the most powerful at that. I also imagine that Tree Rex is slowly dying, and he knows it. After all, the oily mixes and wastes from a factory may have gifted him with life, it also damaged him as well, and he clings to his woodpecker buddy for that reason. If I get completely honest, I was thinking that Gnarly Tree Rex would be what he appears to be when the effects begin to worsen - the bark darkening, his green fading to a deeper, sickly blue...

...And there are more but I think the character limit will bite me soon. smilie
EDIT: 10/10 would break chat again

Very cool. Activision should hire you to write the lore of Skylands.
---
Any last wishes?
Slvr Red Sparx Gems: 87
#555 Posted: 19:49:00 04/09/2017
Quote: Wishblade

I dunno about all of that now... My ideas do tend to kind of push the boundaries of family-friendly. smilie

For example, I imagine one of the many species to exist in Skylands are incubi/succubi, which are more or less sex demons in common mythology/religions. In my rendition of Skylands, they are a physical species that was originally created to help species procreate without the damages of inbreeding, and incubi/succubi themselves lived off of the energy they garnered from completing their 'task'... Therefore, when they grew unneeded and species began to fight them off, they grew desperate and began to force others. So yeah... Not 100% sure on that. smilie

But, I do greatly enjoy writing for the game. In fact, if any of you tend to read fanfiction, I did used to write a story called Skylanders: Darkest Hour: Rise of the Dragon King on FFN under the name of Undead Prowess. However, as I grew to be a better writer I grew dissatisfied with my original copy of the story and now, I simply have no drive to continue it... But I may, some day!
---
Current Figure Total: 403
Newest Figure: Employee Edition Prism Break
Level Average of All Figures: 12.6
#556 Posted: 02:35:23 06/09/2017 | Topic Creator
Hood Sickle and Nightfall are really close. They have as close to a brother/sister bond as anyone can get, and they talk often. They share secrets to one another and give each other support through thick and thin.
---
Wishblade Gold Sparx Gems: 2093
#557 Posted: 03:11:15 06/09/2017
Quote: Slvr
Quote: Wishblade

I dunno about all of that now... My ideas do tend to kind of push the boundaries of family-friendly. smilie

For example, I imagine one of the many species to exist in Skylands are incubi/succubi, which are more or less sex demons in common mythology/religions. In my rendition of Skylands, they are a physical species that was originally created to help species procreate without the damages of inbreeding, and incubi/succubi themselves lived off of the energy they garnered from completing their 'task'... Therefore, when they grew unneeded and species began to fight them off, they grew desperate and began to force others. So yeah... Not 100% sure on that. smilie

How about writing something about Ninjini?
But, I do greatly enjoy writing for the game. In fact, if any of you tend to read fanfiction, I did used to write a story called Skylanders: Darkest Hour: Rise of the Dragon King on FFN under the name of Undead Prowess. However, as I grew to be a better writer I grew dissatisfied with my original copy of the story and now, I simply have no drive to continue it... But I may, some day!

How about writing something about Ninjini?
---
Any last wishes?
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4830
#558 Posted: 03:18:26 06/09/2017
Snap Shot remains the head warden of cloudcracker prison, tending to the remaining villains. Ka-Boom, Bushwhack, and Head Rush also work as wardens- but snap shot remains in charge.
---
walter
HeyitsHotDog Emerald Sparx Gems: 4435
#559 Posted: 17:23:54 08/10/2017
Wolfgang, despite his gruff, mean demeanor, loves kids.

There are other places in Skylands that are FAR MORE psychedelic than Fizzland.

The music in Skylanders is actually in Skylands, for each respective level. It also tends to change in tone depending on the time of day. It's unknown where it comes from, but it's not a problem.

Some areas of Skylands are always a certain time of day. Darkwater Cove, Monster Marsh, Midnight Museum, Battlebrawl, Frostfest Mountains, and Rain Fish Riviera are a few examples of ones that are always night. While Sunscraper Spire, Sky Highlands, Cap'N Cluck's, and Scholarville are examples of ones that are always day.

The episodes of Skylanders Academy are also events in the main Skylanders canon, albeit with changes to fit it's canon. Some changes are minor, some are major.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:32:03 14/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
SporeVideos3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#560 Posted: 22:03:22 10/01/2018
What Ghost Roaster watches when nobody's around...
[User Posted Image]
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
Gnorcs and Riptocs and Rhynocs, Oh my!
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4830
#561 Posted: 03:59:33 15/01/2018
ember and barbella are a thing.
flarewolf has a knack for commiting petty crimes.
snap shot only listens to indie rock.
nightfall's mask converts clean air into poisonous air, like the ones she breathed in her homelands.
mysticat is a transitioning f-to-m. skylands' magic has allowed him to transition everything but the voice.
ro-bow mains bastion. everyone hates him for this.
hex is the one the church warned you about.
tae kwon crow has OCD.
after some thinking, cynder realized the whole "cursed tiki temple" thing was an allegory.
hood sickle only uploads high-quality video game rips.
night shift is bat spin's dad. he just doesn't know it.
tidepool is bayonetta incarnate. only on nintendo switch
aurora still thinks dabbing is cool.
bad juju is slowly but sure getting used to being a mom.
boom bloom and krankcase outright REFUSE to work with each other.
bash has been cucked by spyro.
tree rex is the oldest living skylander.
pop fizz does comedy on the side.
king pen has a secret rap career, but only in france.
spotlight and blackout argue over truth vs ideals often.
chopscotch is a perfect cinnamon roll.
luminous managed to escape cloudcracker, and runs a talk show. he also wears heels now.
starcast's big white eyes are actually glasses.
chopscotch tried to play bass guitar once. it did not go well.
some people refer to strykore as "the blinding one." this was actually and in-joke started by flarewolf, and it spread.
lightning rod has three cousins in a faraway land. spotlight and blackout have apparently met them.
warnado was once asked by flarewolf if he was gonna "evolve". warnado never got the joke.
nightfall is asexual.
spitfire watches edgy mecha anime in secret.
bouncer once said he "dealt with the devil.", then did a pose with his finger guns. nobody got the joke.
grave clobber, golden queen, and bad juju are massive JJBA fans. juju even calls goldie "Killer Queen" sometimes.
---
walter
omer1698 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#562 Posted: 13:14:20 15/01/2018
fake history lesson:
long ago after the first defeat of the darkness Skylands seemed to at peace, at least that's what the portal masters hoped for. after some time strange events started to happen all across Skylands.
Rulers declared war with other kingdoms without any reason, cities started to crumble by the very people that built them, natural disasters and phenomena started to ravage Skylands from forest fires to floods to earthquakes to sheep uprisings. the portal masters thought that all of Skylands went crazy, but then they discovered the true reason behind this madness.
It turns out that when the darkness left it left behind remnants of its evil essence. those remnants eventually developed their own subconscious and their only goal was to finish what the darkness started: destroy Skylands. the portal masters named those wicked entities "shadows".
the shadows had the ability to posses anything, whether if its alive, undead, ethereal, mechanical and some say they could even control an ancient. with that wicked power the shadows started chaotic events. they possessed rulers so they would start pointless wars that will cost the lives of thousands, they possessed public workers so they would start a chain of events that will destroy entire cities, they possessed powerful beasts so they could destroy entire ecosystems.
the portal masters couldn't stand while those evil entities destroy Skylands, so they gathered the skylanders and they went to war, the war that till this very day known as " the great shadow war". the shadows have proven themselves as powerful enemy, and the skylanders have lost many brave heroes, but they also gained many victories. Eventually, after 100 years, the skylanders have managed to eliminate every last shadow, and finally peace has returned to Skylands.
but they are legends that the shadows are not completely gone, that there is still one more shadow still alive, a shadow that was said to be the most wicked of them all, a shadow that started the biggest disasters and took the most lives of both innocent civilians, villains and even skylanders. that shadow is known as "the last shadow", and it according to the legend it still travel skylanders, waiting for the day it could avenge the death of all his brothers and sisters by the hand of the skylanders, and finally sand all of the Skylands to oblivion...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#563 Posted: 15:27:09 15/01/2018 | Topic Creator
Cortex has a pretty obvious crush on Golden Queen, but she doesn't notice. It gets to the point where Cortex obsesses over how to get her to love him instead of Wolfgang. He is currently working on a special love potion.
---
SporeVideos3 Gold Sparx Gems: 2508
#564 Posted: 01:46:35 21/01/2018
Snap Shot once looked at a post on social media that says "Traps are gay". He didn't get the joke and thought they were talking about actual traps. He replied back saying "Traps aren't gay, those ugly leather shoes called Crocs are gay". He also thinks crocs are made of actual crocodile leather.
---
smilie32/32 smilie16/16 smilie32/32 smilie52/52 smilie20/20 smilie31/31
Gnorcs and Riptocs and Rhynocs, Oh my!
#565 Posted: 12:29:20 14/04/2018
Despite that fact that we won't be getting any new Skylanders games (For the time being, at least), there are still many adventures being had and new Skylanders being introduced in Skylands,

Spyro's elemental breaths might have 2 different versions depending on element. For water it's either a Beam of Ice, or a strong torrent of water shooting out of an orb right in front of Spyro's Mouth. For Air, it's either a mega strong wind, or lightning.
---
When ever you get scared or nervous about something, you gotta do your best to keep on smiling and Go Beyond Plus Ultra!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:31:15 14/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
omer1698 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#566 Posted: 07:42:34 15/06/2018
Yes, I know this thread is not very alive but still I don't know where else to post this.

The awakened forms are what you would like to call the Skylander's "true potintiol." Its a very rare ability where the Skylanders can enhance their abilities up to 11 for a short time. In that form every attack even the weakest one could cause a serious damage. However, this ability is hard to gain, hard to control, hard to keep for a long time and it can drain the Skylander's energy.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#567 Posted: 14:43:59 31/08/2018
Eye Scream is essentially a redneck.

The Scrap Heap is a team consisting of Scrap Shooter (The leader), Krankenstein (The muscle), Fisticuffs (The tough guy), and seemingly endless Shield Shredders (The goons). They were originally bad, but after a major, MAJOR event, which lead to the Death of Krankenstein, Who sacrificed his life to save The Scrap Heap, The Skylanders, and several other recognizable heroes, they turned over a new leaf; Outside of Fisticuffs, who went full on rouge villain. They are now Skylanders, barring the obvious traitor.

Despite his Flynn rivaling ego, Riptide sees his friends as equals and gives them SOME credit during a victory.

Riptide is also always eager to battle. Often being one of the first Skylanders to head out then trouble is the foot. Although, he tends to go in without without concern for his own safety, and not in the dedicated hero way, but more in the "He's an idiot" way.
---
First | Previous | Page 12 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me