Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
did anyone elses school [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#1 Posted: 14:44:52 20/07/2016 | Topic Creator
ban talk about harry potter and pokemon because it was demonic
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#2 Posted: 14:47:03 20/07/2016
My school only banned Pokemon cards. Hell they took my stash of cards at parent pickup which was a real dick move.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#3 Posted: 15:42:24 20/07/2016
No but my second high school banned regular playing cards out of fear that students would gamble.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12132
#4 Posted: 16:00:10 20/07/2016
no but my mom did
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#5 Posted: 16:01:48 20/07/2016
No but they banned phones and 'extreme' hairstyles
---
smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#6 Posted: 16:18:13 20/07/2016
... nope... and my small school is in a rural area so the students and staff are generally pretty devoutly religious

as much as we complain about our school (mostly because they're stingy as hell with their money and because they don't have a student wifi channel so you can't get any wifi if you're not on a school device because they won't let you on the guest channel), i don't think it's ever banned anything ridiculous. they haven't even banned phones entirely (most teachers don't even care if you have them, and you can have them at lunch).
---
but i love it all smooth
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#7 Posted: 16:44:02 20/07/2016
>be me, age 7
>bring pokemon cards to school
>have a holographic charizard
>hellyes.jpg
>"hey guys, look at my pokemon cards!! i have pikachu and staryu, and even CHARIZARD"
>other kids get jealous
>this asshat bully that bullied me until middle school throws cards in the street
>what the **** who even does that
>go to teacher and tell her that asshat threw pokemon cards in the street
>"dont be a tattletale, he must have had a reason for doing it"
>teacher i trusted you
>start crying because im 7 and he tHREW ALL MY POKEMON CARDS IN THE STREET
>"if pokemon causes this much trouble then i need to talk to the principal about getting them banned"
>next day other kids come with pokemon cards
>principal is standing at the gate with a shredder
>HES SHREDDING OUR CARDS WHO DOES THAT
>kids blame me
>bullied even harder for the rest of the year
>tfw you get everyones pokemon cards shredded because someone bullied you
>tfw i went to the private school from hell
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#8 Posted: 16:48:21 20/07/2016
Nope......
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#9 Posted: 17:04:30 20/07/2016
Not for that reason but we had them banned as they apparently 'promoted gambling'.
Other things that were banned included:

• Doctor Who cards
  • Tamagotchi
  • Bakugan
  • GoGo's Crazy Bones
  • Handheld consoles

• However, on the last day of every term we were allowed to bring in anything we liked and could play with it all day.
    QueenChrysalis Green Sparx Gems: 465
    #10 Posted: 17:59:32 20/07/2016
    My school HEAVILY encouraged reading Harry Potter. We also learned about Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam.

I went to an Australian Roman-Catholic School.

Hmm...
    Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:59:50 20/07/2016 by QueenChrysalis
    FuryBeam136 Gold Sparx Gems: 2203
    #11 Posted: 02:19:05 21/07/2016
    If Harry Potter was banned my friends would die and I'd be standing over their dead bodies crying like "Whyyyyy oh gods whyyyy? These were my only friends!"

Pokemon... meh. I like it, but I'm not overly crazy about it.
    ---
    28 STAB WOUNDS!
    Why am I a loser
    willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
    #12 Posted: 06:55:57 23/07/2016
    Quote: QueenChrysalis
    My school HEAVILY encouraged reading Harry Potter. We also learned about Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam

Same here.
    parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
    #13 Posted: 07:47:04 23/07/2016
    Elementary School:
    >Hunger Games was banned for being too violent. (that was after I had left) (then again, these are also the people who wouldn't let The Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society be apart of their collection, so..) (
    >Tech Decks were banned for causing "disruption at recess" (all kids were doing was racing them up slides e.e)
    >i wasn't allowed to pass out birthday invitations at recess or before/after class because it made other kids "feel bad." (i had like 4 friends at the time and my house is tiny, so im hosting a party for 25-30 5th graders -__-)
    >bark (you know the **** that they use on the ground at playgrounds) got replaced with ****ING RUBBER because ONE idiot kid cut his lip, the ban was DISTRICT WIDE.

middle school
    >it was around 8th grade that they updated the schools website protection thingy, so dS got blocked by the school. along with many other video gaming related sites, when they previously weren't.

high school
    >phones get taken away more because of flappy bird (i **** you not)

i'm so glad i'm homeschooled now.
    ---
    looks like ive got some things to do...
    LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
    #14 Posted: 10:30:01 23/07/2016
    Oh yeah, in middle school I got darkSpyro and Dragon Cave blocked because I was caught on them during a typing session. It's not my fault if I get done with my work early because I'm a fast typer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ---
    but i love it all smooth
    xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
    #15 Posted: 13:40:27 23/07/2016
    they banned silly bands in elementary because, no joke, people would come in wearing an entire arm sleeve of them
    ---
    now its time to get funky
    Crystal Dragon Diamond Sparx Gems: 8850
    #16 Posted: 14:24:28 23/07/2016
    tbh the only thing my school district banned was p much everyone's typical wardrobe

no clothes with graphics of any kind
    no tops with collars that are more than an inch away from the base of your neck
    no sweatpants
    no hoodies
    no jackets
    no sandals, or any kind of shoe with an open toe or open heel
    none of your clothes could be 'distracting colors'
    any pants you wore had to be blue, black, gray, or khaki

they also banned any and all v-neck shirts the first year this dress code was implemented even if they complied with all other rules but didn't tell the students this. roughly 35% of the students got automatic detention on their first day of school for wearing v-neck shirts, which also served as a mark on their record and excluded them from all extra-curricular activities for the first quarter of the year
    and they tried to ban jeans entirely

this was a public school btw. loved being forced to wear dress clothes just to go to school /sarcasm
    Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
    #17 Posted: 16:06:43 23/07/2016
    no but they banned any socks that weren't white. i was banned from doing PE one day bc i had navy blue socks.
    ---
    Quote: Paytawn
    oh my god
    Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
    #18 Posted: 16:18:49 23/07/2016
    Quote: QueenChrysalis
    My school HEAVILY encouraged reading Harry Potter. We also learned about Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam.

Same. Plus, Stephen King novels were in the library from middle school onward.
    #19 Posted: 18:31:27 23/07/2016
    Quote: xXBeavcoonXx
    they banned silly bands in elementary because, no joke, people would come in wearing an entire arm sleeve of them

oh yeah they banned those slap band thinginies in kindergarten beacue kids were coming home with brusises
    ---
    Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
    #20 Posted: 19:01:16 23/07/2016
    Nope. The elementary, middle and high schools I attended were perfectly fine with it. In fact, I played the Gen 1 - 3 games and traded the classic cards with my friends when I had some free time. My sister and I also read some of the Harry Potter books.
    ---
    Hail to the King, baby!
    MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
    #21 Posted: 20:31:20 23/07/2016
    my school doesn't give a ****.

they have the soul eater and aot manga, have you READ SOUL EATER VOL 1 THO?
    ---
    My life is complete.
    night bomb guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1538
    #22 Posted: 22:43:55 23/07/2016
    My school has Harry Potter books and Pokemon books, and some kids sneak Pokemon and handheld devices to occupy themselves on the bus, luckily these haven't been banned.
    ---
    This account has been closed in favor of a new account name.
    ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
    #23 Posted: 03:53:27 24/07/2016
    no, not ever really. silly bands were almost banned and beyblades were outright banned in elementary.

middle and high really had nothing to ban because there was really no issue with it.

in fact, my middle school art teacher let kids play pokemon in his class during lunch. he was a cool dude
    ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
    #24 Posted: 04:17:33 24/07/2016
    my primary school banned twilight lol
    ---
    self professed austGAYlian
    LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
    #25 Posted: 04:45:11 24/07/2016
    My High School tried to ban phones and enforce these ID cards you have around your neck, but it didn't really work at all. Not only did all the students not care, the teacher's didn't even try to enforce them. By the end of the year, I only had one teacher that enforced these rules and even she got really lenient by the last month.
    mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
    #26 Posted: 04:46:35 24/07/2016
    Quote: ReshiramForever
    my primary school banned twilight lol

They were trying to save you.
    ---
    Dead
    Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
    #27 Posted: 04:54:40 24/07/2016
    Here is what my elementary school banned

Pokemon Cards (not because they are demonic, but because one kid had their holographic charizard stolen)
    Yu-Gi-Oh Cards (same reason as Pokemon Cards)
    Nintendo DS (So us kids at the time would sneak play them in the bathrooms)
    Anything not considered a real book (game guides, MANGA, stuff of that like. Yet they sold those kind of books at the book fair) according to them
    Bakugan (again thieves, but we could bring the balls. That is we could until they saw us trading them and then banned the bakugan themselves)
    Stuffed animals (Seriously, unless you are in Kindergarten you weren't allowed to bring stuffed animals)

And the worst part is the punishment for breaking this rule, they don't just tell the parents saying stuff like "oh your kid brought these to school, make sure they stay at home" they also sentence your confiscated stuff to your teacher's dreaded Summer box. Basically on the last day of school you get all your stuff back, but they did not mark ANYONE'S stuff. In other words if you see something really cool in the box, you can potentially score some free loot. And forget about your ultra rare Blue-eyes white dragon yu-gi-oh card (a big deal to kids back then) because all the cards in the box are not properly kept in a binder or something so it will be bent usually, AND if you had multiple cards taken it will be shuffled around with someone else's cards.
    And the worst part, the teachers had you come retrieve anything that is yours in Alphabetical order. If you are a thief and have a name that is early in the alphabet, you will be making out like a boss by taking an expensive item that isn't yours. Something that goes into that box, is most likely going to be snatched if it's anything of value.
    ---
    Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
    Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
    #28 Posted: 04:59:11 24/07/2016
    Pokemon Cards were banned and a student's parents thought Harry Potter was satanic so they petitioned to have it banned from the schools but they failed.
    #29 Posted: 05:17:54 24/07/2016
    is my school the only that didnt give a **** about trading cards?

i brought my pokemon cards to school all the time and played with one of my friends..ofc i didnt understand the rules as a 3rd grader, but still, it was fun.
    ---
    Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
    #30 Posted: 08:11:30 24/07/2016
    In primary school trading cards were banned because too many people are losing them.
    Yet in high school you can bring but nobody does because
    1. They think the same rules apply
    2. Nobody wants to lose them
    3. They'll get laughed/attacked at by the bullies
    ---
    smilie
    Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
    #31 Posted: 09:50:03 24/07/2016
    My primary school banned Match Attax. The football version of Pokemon cards. They caused too many arguments apparently.
    [User Posted Image]
    Quote: MagicFizz
    my school doesn't give a ****.

they have the soul eater and aot manga, have you READ SOUL EATER VOL 1 THO?

The naked witch in the bath!?
    StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
    #32 Posted: 14:57:55 24/07/2016
    Rubber bands were banned because some people were launching them at others. If you absolutely needed a rubber band after that, you had to check one out from the teacher.

Then, phones were banned because someone used their phone to text their parents in the middle of class to come pick them up.
    ---
    "sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
    Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me