Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
dS lagging and freezing
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#1 Posted: 02:50:16 17/07/2016 | Topic Creator
So about 4-5 days ago, I logged onto dS and all my other sites like usual. During the day, as I was checking some topics, the site started lagging, especially on long topics, and shortly after, the whole page froze and wasn't responding to me scrolling. I moved my mouse and clicked the 'x' to exit the tab, but it wouldn't close. And then since dS was frozen, my whole computer and everything else I was running started lagging. And earlier today, I was typing up a post, and dS was slow, showing whatever I typed a few seconds after actually typing it, and it was lagging when I backspaced too.
It's been happening every night since then. I go on dS to log off and it starts freezing and the tab won't close. I have to switch off my computer since I can't shut down.

My computer isn't the best, and it has had some lagging problems now and again. And since I recently moved, the internet connection hasn't been too great, but the site fine during the first few days, but now it's not.

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it just me?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 03:15:09 17/07/2016
I've had a problem the last couple of days where I can't click anything on here after having it open a while, cut I just type in the site in the address bar again and it works fine.
---
Dead
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 13:04:57 17/07/2016
Do you use adblock or something that stops scripts? I used to have lag without them, now it takes too many pictures on a page.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TTD Hunter Gems: 6169
#4 Posted: 15:06:51 17/07/2016
I did have this problem yesterday, it seems to be a bit better today though.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#5 Posted: 00:52:22 18/07/2016
HMM, I don't have this problem but that may be because I use adblock. I've noticed that it blocks around 70-90 ads on this site on just one page, so all of these ads may be very cluttering and cause your browser to lag?
I don't know, but I'd probably consider getting adblock just to check it out.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#6 Posted: 05:24:49 18/07/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Do you use adblock or something that stops scripts? I used to have lag without them, now it takes too many pictures on a page.

No, I don't have adblock.
Yesterday dS was alright, but then once I had reached the end of a long topic, it suddenly froze.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me